Shots #28-30/Chen

Of Band Geeks and Orch-Dorks (Choir is Overrated)

Band Camp

Somehow, Chanyeol decided to convince all twelve boys to enroll in summer band camp in celebration for the best musical group the school has ever seen or something like that. Sehun is not excited. He frowns and squints at the portable toilet situated at the edge of the woods. A sigh escapes his mouth when he realizes his need to pee outweighs his disgust for the boy's port-a-potty. After he quickly finishes his business, Sehun sleepily wanders back to the cabin he shares with Junmyeon, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. 

Sehun trips over some odd twigs and rocks on the way, but makes it to the cabin in one piece, until he sees a dark figure pop out in front of him. Sehun screams and smacks the figure away, and quickly sprints towards his room. He tries not to look back because Sehun has seen those horror movies where the person looks behind only to have the figure materialize in front. But of course, Sehun does anyway and he nearly wets his pants because the figure is crawling towards him. He yelps and turns around to dart into his room.

Something stops Sehun's face to continue with the rest of his body and he trips and falls back onto the wood floor. Sehun starts to see stars in his vision and then a head with a creepy smile appears over his face. Sehun screams and makes way to flail at the figure.

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!" Junmyeon yells as he turns on the light switch, "SARAN WRAP? YOU SARAN WRAPPED THE DOOR?"

At this point, Sehun is in tears because of all the terror he has gone through. Luckily he already emptied his bladder.

The figure with the creepy smile ends up being Chanyeol, and he's smiling sheepishly at Junmyeon.

Padded footsteps can be heard down the hall. The crawling figure had been Baekhyun, "Did he fall for it?" he pops his head into the room. Baekhyun catches Junmyeon's glare and shrink, "I'll take that as a yes."

"Come on Sehunnie," Junmyeon gently coaxes Sehun onto his bed. Junmyeon turns to glare at Baekhyun and Chanyeol, "Don't make me madder than I already am."

"Sir! Yes sir!" Chanyeol salutes and quickly climbs into his bed.

Baekhyun turns off the lights and quitely shuffles into his bed as well.

"It's okay Sehunnie," Junmyeon ruffles the younger's hair.

Sehun pouts and gently pulls on Junmyeon's arm.

Junmyeon sighs, "Fine," he gently slips into Sehun's bed to cuddle with him until they both fall asleep.

G String

Chanyeol and Baekhyun are sitting on a bed in their shared cabin. Between them is a pile of energy drinks and various forms of junk food. Sehun and Junmyeon vacated the cabin because energy drinks plus Chanyeol do not mix very well.

"Hey, hey, Baekhyun," Chanyeol digs his elbow into Baekhyun's waist, "Yesterday, during rehearsal, Sehun's G string broke," Baekhyun squirms from Chanyeol's tickling, "Get it, get it, G string," Chanyeol wiggles his eyebrows at his friend.

Baekhyun's eyes light up in realization upon the joke and starts to giggle.

Chanyeol's extremely satisfied with Baekhyun's reaction and starts clapping his hands together.

"Oh! I know one!" Baekhyun grabs a Twizzler to bite on, "How many altos does it take to change a light bulb?"

Chanyeol stops laughing, and stares at Baekhyun with his eyes half closed and mouth open, "How many?"

"NONE! THEY CAN'T REACH THAT HEIGHT!" Baekhyun guffaws and starts smacking his Twizzler against Chanyeol's shoulder.

"I GOT A BETTER ONE!" Chanyeol screams, "What do you get when you combine a diminished cord and an augmented chord?" Chanyeol takes the Twizzler from Baekhyun's hand and throws it into his mouth.

"What what what?" Baekhyun holds onto his energy drink as he bounces on the bed.

Chanyeol pulls his hood over his eyes, "A demented chord," he says with a deeper and creepier voice.

Baekhyun howls with laughter and he falls back onto the bed clutching his stomach.

"Okay, okay, this one's good," Chanyeol pulls on Baekhyun's leg.

Baekhyun sits up with a dazed look on his face as he waits for Chanyeol to tell the last joke.

"What the difference between a violin and a viola?"

Baekhyun tilts his head to the side and grabs the bag of Cheeto puffs, "What?"

"Nothing, the violin looks smaller because the violinists head is so big."

Baekhyun laughs so hard he sprays Cheeto bits all over Chanyeol.

"EXCUSE ME?" Junmyeon throws open the door and marches towards the couple on the bed.

"Really? I didn't know that," Sehun ponders and then grabs Junmyeon's face to bring it close to his.

Junmyeon pushes Sehun away, "NO! IT'S DEFINITELY NOT TRUE! TELL HIM!" Junmyeon glares at Chanyeol.

The only thing Junmyeon receives is a face full of spit from Chanyeol laughing.

Baekhyun's Obsession

Junmyeon is sitting on his bed while polishing his violin. It's a nice peaceful day to polish it. It's not too humid, nor is it too dry. He hasn't gotten many moments of peace at band camp. He really shouldn't have listened to Chanyeol. But he only came because Sehun and Tao were coming. Junmyeon had finally gotten the cabin to himself after he convinced Tao and Sehun that they should accompany Chen and Jongin to swim at the lake. Now Junmyeon is happily smiling at his violin while rubbing some polish on her.

Except his peace is shattered when a certain loud mouthed shorty bursts through the door.

Junmyeon nearly squeezes out too much polish.

"JUNMYEONNIE!" Baekhyun screams as he throws open the door.

"Calm down Baek," Kyungsoo walks in after Baekhyun.

"What are you doing?" Baekhyun plops down next to his disgruntled friend.

"None of your business," Junmyeon gives his violin one last rub before gently placing her into his designer case.

"Ooohhh it's so shiny," Baekhyun stretches out his finger and Junmyeon's violin.

Junmyeon makes a garbled sound.

"DON'T TOUCH HER! YOU JUST PUT YOUR DIRTY FINGERPRINTS ON HER! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I REACHED DOWN YOUR THROAT AND STRANGLED YOUR VOCAL CHORDS!"

Kyungsoo immediately pulls Baekhyun off the bed to place a large amount of distance between him and Junmyeon.

"I just wanted to know what she felt like," Baekhyun pouts as he watches Junmyeon hastily rub his violin.

"Come on, let's just go bother Kris, he'll let you play with his drums," Kyungsoo directs Baekhyun out the room to leave Junmyeon to polish his violin in peace. 

Character Background: 

Chen is a junior and is part of choir, band, and symphonic orchestra. He loves singing in the shower. Once he forgot Jongin was sleeping over and heard him sing in the shower, which led Chen to try out for choir. His position is a soprano. He is one of the two oboe players in the entire school. Even though Chen has been playing the oboe for years, he still can't get over the spit problem. He hates the smell of it and cleans his oboe constantly. He's a bit skeptical that something weird is going to grow inside his oboe if he doesn't clean properly. Chen's pretty sure there's some mutant germ growing inside Jongin's trumpet. One day that boy will regret ever eating before blowing into his trumpet. Chen has a 3.7 GPA. He is a bright student, but sometimes feels like some assignments are pointless and doesn't do them. Outside of music, he writes for the advice column in the school newspaper (he's one sassy little columnists), and he does cross country.

 

A/N:

Er...hi...it's been a while. OTL After writing a 10 page paper, it takes a lot of your writing ability away from you. So I have some good news and bad news. Bad news first, this series is going to end soon, if you haven't seen it coming...I've been running low on the ideas. Oops. Good news, I started a new fic! It's called, The Forbidden Game, ooohhh fancy right? I've written the first chapter, I just need to revise, edit, and post it. It's completely different than this fic. Forbidden Game is angst and horror. I love writing angst, but I hate reading it. It's just...Kaisoo stories take a toll on your heart if you know what I mean. *nudges my sticky notes, nudges my car* Forbidden Game does have some slight Kaisoo, but it is mainly member centric, so click the link below to subscribe and comment if you haven't already.

Don't forget to subscribe and comment to this chapter to let me know what you think!

Au Revoir! Muah! Oh! And I always forget!!! Thank you so much to all of you who have subscribed to this fic! Thanks to you guys this fic has been so much fun to write!! <3