Shots #19-21/Baekhyun

Of Band Geeks and Orch-Dorks (Choir is Overrated)

Perils of Trumpet Player or Just Perils of Being Jongin

Perils? What perils? There's no peril of being a trumpet player. Well that's only what Jongin thinks. From Sehun's perspective, he just thinks Jongin's full of himself. It's definitely Jongin's weakness though and Sehun knows that. It's fun to mess with Jongin. Jongin just believes he's confident in himself. Maybe just a little bit overconfident, but that's nothing to worry about. 

Until Sehun and Junmyeon join forces of course.

Trumpet players are just a big egotistical. Or maybe it's just Jongin. Sehun thinks as he watches Jongin flex his biceps in front of a mirror at the gym. Sehun does not want to be here. It's stinky and cold. He has no idea why he decided to accompany Jongin to the gym. At least Junmyeon's suffering with him. Sehun picks a stray strand of string from Junmyeon's t-shirt. Sehun's just not the working out type of person. Jongin on the other hand though...

Jongin is flexing his arm as he eyes the girl who is lightly jogging on the treadmill behind him. He's smirking into the mirror when he makes eyes contact with the girl. She blushes.

"Can we go now?" Sehun whines as he flops onto Junmyeon's lap, "We haven't done anything since we got here."

Jongin frowns at the interruption, "You mean you haven't done anything since we got here."

"No seriously. All you're doing is standing in front of the mirror and showing off to that girl running on the treadmill," Junmyeon points out.

"Am not," Jongin scowls at his friends for ruining the moment.

"Sure you aren't. Can we go home now? I'm bored and it's cold," Sehun whines as he snuggles into Junmyeon.

"Just walk home," Jongin picks up a dumbbell.

"Are you kidding me? That could take two hours!" 

"Not if you run," Jongin smirks as he makes eye contact with the girl again.

Sehun frowns as he notices the little interaction and has an epiphany. Sehun smirks and quickly whispers into Junmyeon's ear.

Sehun raises his voice, "WOW JONGIN, YOU’RE SO STRONG! LOOK AT THOSE BICEPS! CAN I FEEL THEM?" Sehun slides his hands seductively across Jongin's bicep and gives it a squeeze.

Jongin shivers from Sehun's cold hand, "What are you doing," he stares in horror at his friend.

"Wow I can feel your abs," Junmyeon wraps his arms around Jongin's middle and pats his stomach.

Jongin turns his head towards Sehun and notices the smirk on Sehun face.

A smirt on Sehun's face is not a good thing, "I like my men strong you know that right," Sehun whispers in Jongin's ear.

Shivers run down Jongin's spine and it's not the good kind, "Ew, okay fine we can go home," Jongin drops the dumbbell on the floor and it makes a resonating clang throughout the gym, which catches the treadmill girl's attention.

Jongin quickly escape his two friends before the girl got the wrong idea.

Sehun notices and smirks again; he discreetly sets his hand on Jongin's and gives it a nice pat while sticking his tongue out at the treadmill girl. 

"What has gotten into you? I said I'll take you home, what else do you want?"

"Ice cream!" Sehun jumps up and down.

Jongin rolls his eyes, "If it gets you to stop."

"Hey, there's no fun if we don't try to break your egotistical ways," Junmyeon smiles triumphantly.

"Sure, sure, whatever," Jongin frowns as the treadmill girl eyes the three boys walking in front of her treadmill.

Of course, Sehun and Junmyeon aren't finished yet. 

Sehun promptly sticks his hands inside Jongin's basketball shorts and gives Jongin's a nice squeeze.

Jongin gives a loud yelp at the intrusion.

Junmyeon wraps an arm around Jongin's waist and tugs him close. Junmyeon looks up at the treadmill girl, "He's ours, back off."

The girl blushes and shifts her eyes away from the three boys.

Jongin feels utterly embarrassed and thinks being buried alive isn't so bad.

Aca-Awesome Acapella

Kyungsoo is standing on a porch at the front door of Tao's house. He rings the doorbell.

A beautiful woman answers the door, "Hello, and who might you be?"

"Is Tao home?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Oh! You must be a friend from school! I was starting to think Jongin and Sehun were his only friends. Taozi is a quiet child; I'm glad he has other friends," she looks thoughtfully at Kyungsoo, "Well, he's in his room sleeping why don't you head up there and wake him up."

Kyungsoo nods and smiles at Tao's mother and heads up the stairs. Kyungsoo looks at the three doors and immediately knows the door with stickers must be Tao's Kyungsoo doesn't bother knocking and decides to barge right into the room, "WAKE UP YOU GIANT BABY! WE'RE GOING SHOPPING!"

There's a moan underneath the pile of blankets, "Sehun, I am not in the mood to go shopping."

"We aren't really shopping, that was just to wake you up, and I'm not Sehun."

There's a silent pause.

"You don't sound like Jongin."

"Well, if you got up, maybe you'd figure out who I am."

The pile of blankets shift and a head full of hair pops up along with a curious pair of sleepy eyes, "Is this a dream, why does Kyungsoo wanting to go shopping with me?"

"I told you that was only to wake you up, unless you want to go afterwards anyways," Kyungsoo ponders for a moment, "I heard that new department store is having a sale. Anyways, we're going to see Pitch Perfect. It's totally aca-awesome."

There's another long pause.

"You're paying right. You're the one who woke me up on a perfectly good sleepy Saturday morning."

"Yes, I'm paying," Kyungsoo sighs.

"Great! Tao smiles and jumps out of bed to reveal his rainbow patterned pajama pants.

"Oooh. Maybe we will go shopping afterwards," Kyungsoo's eyes adjust to the new explosion of colors.

"Hey, my mom bought these for me."

"Yes, I think we'll go shopping, I'll have to ask your mother where she bought those, I want a pair," Kyungsoo walks out the room to find Tao's mother.

Tao stares at the empty space with his mouth open.

Musical Mania

Tao is the kind of person who isn't interested in much. There aren't many things that will catch his attention, but when there is something that catches his attention, oh man does he get obsessed. Sehun calls it obsessed, Tao just believes he's passionate about it. After Kyungsoo brought Tao to watch Pitch Perfect to convert Tao from an Orch Dork to a Choir Geek, Pitch Perfect caught Tao's attention. Well, maybe more than his attention. More like his entire life. Now he wants to join acapella. He also wants Pitch Perfect to become a musical so he can take the leading roll at school. Of course, the other members reject to Tao's idea. Mainly Junmyeon and Kyungsoo.

"Pitch Perfect is just a movie directed towards the general audience. It hardly has any meaning towards life," Junmyeon twirls the pen in his hand.

"What do you mean no meaning towards life? Singing is life!" Kyungsoo yells at the top of his lungs.

"See! Kyungsoo agrees with me!" Tao jabs his pen near Kyungsoo's eye.

Kyungsoo shoves Tao's hand away before he is blind in his right eye, "I did not agree with you, I was only stating that singing has meaning in life."

Baekhyun bounces in his seat, "Like Disney! Wouldn't it be awesome if we could sing our feelings all day!"

The three other boys ignore Baekhyun.

"So you don't think Pitch Perfect should be the school musical this year?" Tao pouts towards Junmyeon and Kyungsoo.

"NO WAY!" Junmyeon and Kyungsoo yell.

"I mean, the school has to do something with meaning. Something that will inspire people," Junmyeon says.

Tao frowns, "So what, like Les Mis?" Tao makes a face in disgust. 

"Ugh, no, Les Mis is way too overrated," Junmyeon waves a hand saying no.

"We should do Disney musicals!" Baekhyun looks up from the group essay he was working on, "Like Pocahontas! It'd be so awesome to sing 'Colors of the Wind'!"

"There's a lot of problems with that," Junmyeon points out.

Baekhyun frowns, "What do you mean? 'Colors of the Wind' is an awesome song."

"First of all, you aren't a girl. So there's no way you would be able to play Pocahontas," Kyungsoo says.

"Hey, it's 2013, it's time for some change."

Tao scoffs, "What? A gay version of Pocahontas?"

Baekhyun sticks his bottom lip out in protest.

Junmyeon points his pen towards Baekhyun, "Second, you might as well just watch the movie at home. Why pay 10 bucks for something you've seen a billion of times.

Baekhyun throws papers up in the air in frustration, "Well since you're so smart, what musical would you want?"

"Fiddler on the Roof," Junmyeon replies.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, "Please. You only want that to be the musical so that you can play the fiddler on the roof,"

"It's a good musical!" Junmyeon crosses his arms.

"You're not denying the fact you want to be the main roll, we know you Junmyeon," Tao leans back in his chair.

"Fine, well Kyungsoo, what musical were you thinking of?" Junmyeon faces Kyungsoo.

"Notre Dame."

"Ugh, it's one of your foreign musicals. Not everyone can speak French you know," Baekhyun thumps his head onto the table.

"There's a Korean version of the musical you know!"

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and mumbles, "I still think we should do Disney."

The three other boys groan in response.

 

Character Background: Baekhyun

Baekhyun is a junior. He is part of choir and is a soprano. He joined choir as a sophomore because he wanted his fantasy of having a senior girl fall for him and he would become popular. Of course, that never happened and she only looked at him as a cute underclassmen. She graduated and Baekhyun decided to stay in choir because he was good at singing and he started to love it. Baekhyun has a GPA of a 3.8. He's taking a few AP classes and a few online college classes. Baekhyun loves high school and is really into school spirit. He started the ping pong club, which has a few members here and there. Word spread out that it was a pretty violent club so not many people want to join.

 

A/N: So sorry for the late update! My supervisor schedule 3 days of work for me in a row! On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!!! Not to mention I ended up spazzing about Exo's new comeback...I'm pretty sure we're all guilty about that...hehe :3 I had the hardest time writing this update. Can you tell I'm starting to run out of ideas? I have everything planned except for the last couple chapters. But it's really hard to just sit down and crank out ideas...anyways onto the fic!

Did you guys get pitch slapped by the first shot? Did you get the reference. I hope you did. I hope I'm not the only one totally in love with that movie. If you didn't, I'm going to pitch slap you so hard your s are going to concave. Jonginjongjongin...when will he learn. I love love love writing Jongin in the fic. He's just ugh. How can my own character give me feels. Anyone think Les Mis is just totally overrated? It's a great musical, but please, their are many many other amazing musicals out there!!! Like Notre Dame!!! You gotta watch it in French though, if not, the experience is just not the same! I have not seen Fiddler on the Roof, but heard it was good! I was going to play in the orchestra for that musical, but decided not to because I didn't want to stay after school for hours on end when I could instead sit at home watching Super Junior :P 

Let me in the comments below what your favorite musical is (are). Say Le Mis and I'm going to pitch slap you.