Shots #22-24/Yixing

Of Band Geeks and Orch-Dorks (Choir is Overrated)

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

It's six in the morning and the sky is still dark. Kris has his right cheek pressed against the window with his mouth hanging open. Despite all the suffering Yixing has put him through while in early morning symphony and in life, there is one perk to joining. The symphony gets to skip a whole week of school to go on tour. This year the symphony is going to San Francisco. Kris is very excited to miss school to go on this trip. His mother hesitated on letting him go, something about child rapists and murderers. 

Anyways, back to the present. With Kris leaning against the window, Yixing is laying across his own seat and half of Kris' seat. Soft breathing is coming from Yixing as he lies against Kris. Behind those two, sit Luhan and Minseok. Minseok's head rolls side to side as he's half asleep. In the window seat, Luhan has his eyes wide open and bags underneath his eyes. He's clutching his seat tightly as the bus hits a bump. He hears a snort from Kris. Luhan's stomach gives an uncomfortable swirl and he's trying desperately not to throw up his breakfast.

In front of Kris and Yixing, sit Baekhyun and Tao. A blue glow reflects from Tao's tablet onto his white shirt and face. To Tao's right sits Baekhyun. Baekhyun is so excited for this trip. He decided to join the symphonic orchestra as a bassist. Partly because he wanted to play the lovely instrument and partly to prove Chanyeol wrong that he could definitely reach the bass. Baekhyun's way too excited to fall asleep. How could he? It's his first time traveling out of state with his friends. He's so excited to play for different schools, to see the musical Wicked, and to go to China Town! Not to mention his teacher would take some students zip gliding near the mountains! It's one of Baekhyun's dreams to go flying. Hey zip gliding is pretty close to flying; definitely safer. Baekhyun still wants to be able to see the ground. 

It's noon o'clock and Baekhyun's become restless and hungry. Half the students on the bus are awake and the noise increases, which includes Kris sleep talking about sheep and purple hedgehogs. Yixing has his headphones in to drown out Kris' cacophony and Luhan has his head between his knees with Minseok gently rubbing his back. Tao starts to feel jumpy in his seat, as they haven't had a bathroom break in four hours and he definitely should not have bought that supersized coke from McDonalds.

Baekhyun begins to hum the first song that comes to his head. Tao only has one earphone in and he eyes Baekhyun curiously before going back to think about his bladder.

Underneath his breath, Baekhyun sings softly, "Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon. Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned?"

Tao eyes Baekhyun from the side again.

Sitting across the aisle sits Chanyeol on the outside aisle and Jongin in the window seat. Chanyeol can see Baekhyun mouthing the lyrics and leans towards the right to catch the words.

"Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest. Come taste the sun sweet berries of the Earth," Chanyeol hears Baekhyun's voice increase.

Chanyeol starts to bounce in his seat as a smile spreads across his face and his eyes go wide with excitement, "HOW HIGH WILL THE SYCAMORE GROW?" Chanyeol yells at the top of his lungs.

Jongin groans and slips further down his seat to avoid the stares from the other students. The shout of song lyrics surprises the bus driver and he swerves the bus. Luhan's stomach does somersaults and he claws at the window to open.

Kris jerks awake and shouts, "My mother is not a sheep!"

Baekhyun is on the edge of his seat pushing Tao away so he can face Chanyeol, "If you cut it down, then you'll never know."

Tao eyes the two singers, wondering whether or not he should join.

"AND YOU'LL NEVER HEAR THE WOLF CRY TO THE BLUE CORN MOON!"

"For whether we are white or copper skinned!" Baekhyun pushes Tao into the window seat to face Chanyeol.

"WE NEED TO SING WITH ALL THE VOICES OF THE MOUNTAIN. WE NEED TO PAINT WITH ALL THE COLORS OF THE WIND!" They both stand up and sing.

Jongin currently lies on the floor, hiding from the second hand embarrassment. Kris is still a bit muddled from his mother the sheep dream. Minseok has successfully opened the window for Luhan and Luhan himself is hurling his breakfast out the window.

In the seat in front of Chanyeol, Sehun has his forehead pressed against the seat in front of him with his jaw hanging low. Junmeyon is next to him and he stands up and yells, "UNLESS YOU TWO WANT ME TO RIP OUT YOUR VOCAL CHORDS, YOU BETTER SHUT UP!"

Kyungsoo gasps from afar.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol stop mid-song and stare at the violinist.

"BE A MAN!" Chanyeol punches Junmyeon's shoulder, "WE MUST BE SWIFT AS A COURSING RIVER!"

Baekhyun smiles and replies, "BE A MAN! WITH ALL THE STRENGTH OF A RAGING FIRE!"

Junmyeon groans and Yixing eyes the singing duo with excitement. He too stands up.

"No, don't Yixing. Don't degrade yourself to their level," Kris pulls Yixing's shirt.

Yixing pushes away Kris hand and yells, "MYSTERIOUS AS THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON!"

Kris sighs in defeat.

Luhan's upper body is out the window with Minseok clutching him tightly and Chen trying to help. Luhan groans as he feels another wave of nausea flow through him.

Man's Best Friend

Chanyeol is so excited. Just like Baekhyun, he was so excited for the trip to San Francisco. And just like Kris, he is very happy he doesn't have to go to school. It's the third night since the symphony has been in San Francisco. First of all Chanyeol is starving. He's pretty sure he could eat a whole cow and still be hungry, not that he would eat an entire cow. He's just very hungry. Luckily the entire symphony is going to eat Chinese food. Hmmmmm nothing gets better than greasy Chinese food. Chanyeol thinks.

Chanyeol has decided to plant himself to the left of Kris, much to Kris' dismay. Kris isn't very happy he's stuck between Chanyeol and Yixing. Next to Chanyeool, quietly sits Jongin with one earphone in, while the other earphone connects to Chen's ear. Jongin luckily escaped Sehun and Junmyeon. He's had enough of that mischievous couple.

To take the hunger off his mind, Chanyeol has a chopstick in each hand and is meticulously drumming the plate in front of him. Kris' eyebrows are knitted together in frustration when he hears wood tap against glass. He's trying to control the urge of choking Chanyeol to death.

Finally the food appears and five steaming dishes are set on the table. Chanyeol bounces in glee as he quickly grabs a spoon to scoop food from the plate in front of him onto his own plate. Kris eyes the dish suspiciously.

"Is that chicken?" Kris leans towards Chanyeol's plate.

"Who cars, I'm starving. I'll eat anything right now," Chanyeol grabs his chopsticks to life the "chicken" into his mouth.

Kris still eyes the mystery dish with suspicion as the other four boys eat the dish.

"I am pretty sure that isn't chicken."

"Whatever it is, it's good," Jongin shovels a mouthful of rice into his mouth.

"Whatever it is, it's good," Jongin shovels a mouthful of rice into his mouth.

"It's okay Kris, it's not like it'll kill you," Yixing pats Kris' arm gently to coax Kris into eating.

Kris is hesitating now. He gulps as Yixing spoons the mystery meat onto his plate. Kris has got a bad feeling about this. He eyes the food and pokes it with his fork.

"Just do it, even Chen is eating it and you know Chen freaks out about everything," Jongin says through a mouthful of food.

"I do not freak out about everything," Chen jabs Jongin's arm with a finger, "Only with you," Chen mumbles the last part as he goes back to his food.

Kris sighs and stabs a small piece of meat and pops it into his mouth. He chews slowly before scrunching his nose. Kris has never had this kind of meat before. 

Is it that weird tofurkey stuff?

Kris looks down at his plate again and shovels a large amount of rice into his mouth to counteract the taste.

Suddenly a waiter appears, "Sorry, we gave you the wrong dish," the waiter picks up the mysterious dish in front of Chanyeol to replace it with a dish Kris knows is definitely Kung Pao Chicken.

"Wait!" Chanyeol calls, "What's the dish called?"

The waiter seems to hesitate before saying something in Chinese, "Gou."

Kris and Yixing pale at the name of the dish.

"Huh, what does that mean?" Chanyeol elbows Kris' side.

Kris' stomach churns and it definitely isn't from Chanyeol's elbowing.

"Hey, if you don't want that, Kris, I'll take it," Jongin reaches for Kris' plate.

"No! You don't want to eat that!" Kris pulls the plate from Jongin's reach.

"Hey," Jongin reaches across Chanyeol for the plate.

"It's dog, Gou is Chinese for dog," Yixing replies calmly before going back to his food.

Chen inhales, coughs, and clutches his chest, while Jongin retracts his hand and plops onto his chair in denial.

Chanyeol looks into the distant, "Huh, well now I have an interest story to tell my future kids."

"WHAT! YOU JUST ATE A-A-A DOG! IT COULD HAVE BEEN YOUR PET! IT COULD HAVE BEEN A PUPPY!" Chen's breath is staggering.

Jongin's face changes from denial to horror after hearing what Chen said, "Mongu," he whispers softly, "I am so so sorry, I didn't mean to eat your friend."

Kris looks down onto his plate again and shudders, he knew he shouldn't have listened to Yixing. AGAIN.

"Hmmm," Chanyeol rubs his stomach in content, "It gives you warm fuzzy feelings though."

"Warm fuzzy feelings?" Chen whispers.

"Yea, I feel all warm and fuzzy after eating that," Chanyeol leans back into his chair to pat his stomach.

Horror flits across Jongin and Chen's face simultaneously, "WARM FUZZY FEELINGS!?!? THAT'S PROBABLY THE GUILT EATING YOUR FROM THE INSIDE!" Chen yells.

Kris gently pushes his plate away and places his face into his hands, losing his appetite.

Yixing ignores the other four and continues eating the other dishes.

Chen is half hyperventilating and half yelling at Chaneyol, while Jongin is quietly praying to the dog gods for forgiveness.

Zip Zip

After the ping pong incident, not many students wanted to join the club. Not with Kris walking around the school with a huge bandage around his nose and a new fear of paddles. Baekhyun really really really likes ping pong, but no one else will play with him. What's fun in playing ping pong with the wall? He wants his friends to play with him, which is why Baekhyun is so so so excited to go zip gliding with his friends.

Baekhyun's standing in line on a hill with Chanyeol in front and Kris behind him. Chanyeol's next in line for the zip line and Baekhyun's starting to get nervous because he's after Chanyeol. Baekhyun clutches onto the back of Chanyeol shirts and peeks over the hill. It's not a far drop, but considering Baekhyun doesn't have much athletic skills, he's definitely going to twist an ankle if he drops.

Baekhyun frowns and backs up towards Kris in fear. Kris catches Baekhyun before both of them can go tumbling backwards down the hill, "It's not that bad Baekhyun," Kris mumbles.

"Says the six foot giant whose toes will probably graze the ground," Baekhyun eyes the zip line warily.

Chanyeol turns around, "It's okay Baekkie. I'll catch you if you fall."

Baekhyun definitely doesn't trust Chanyeol catching him. So, he turns around and looks up at Kris hopefully.

Kris frowns at Baekhyun's pouty face, "Don't do that," Kris turns Baekhyun's face towards the zip line to watch Chanyeol clutch onto the handle.

Baekhyun turns back to Kris once Kris releases his hands from Baekhyun's face.

Kris sighs as he looks at Baekhyun's pitiful pout, "I'll do what I can," he sighs.

Baekhyun smiles and grabs onto the handle. He pushes his back to give him some momentum and steps off the hill.

"Twenty bucks he won't make it to the end," Kris hears Sehun say to Jongin.

"You're on," Jongin gives Sehun a high five.

Kris rolls his eyes because it's zip gliding, not paragliding. Kris grabs onto the handle and quickly jumps off the hill following Baekhyun.

The cool wind pulls Kris' hair back and it feels exhilarating. He smiles softly at the feeling and he's glad Chanyeol convinced him to go zip gliding. Well, except until he spots something that's dangling on the zip line in front of him.

That something is squirming and moving the zip line dangerously. That something is Baekhyun. Kris looks down and notices Chanyeol racing down the hill towards Baekhyun to try and help the young man down.

Kris panics, "WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING? HOW'D YOU GET STUCK ON A ING ZIP LINE!?!?"

Baekhyun panics once noticing that Kris is very close and is about to crash into him, "I DON'T KNOW! YOU TELL ME!" Baekhyun tries to propel the handle forward.

"JUST DROP!" Kris and Chanyeol yell.

"NO!" Baekhyun yells back.

"FINE! YOU ASKED FOR IT!" Kris yells just as Chanyeol gets to the bottom of the hill.

Kris lifts his feet parallel to the ground and kicks Baekhyun into motion.

Baekhyun gives a loud yelp of surprise and pain as he propels down the zip line.

By the time Chanyeol makes it back up the hill, Baekhyun is on the ground with Kris lying flat on top of him. Baekhyun has given up on anything athletic and vows to find something else that result in him and his friends not getting hurt. 

Character Background: Yixing

Yixing is a junior and is a part of choir, band, orchestra, and symphonic orchestra. The whole shabang. He plays piano for all three. Most the times he isn't needed so he just ends up practcing in the practice room or falling asleep their. He is the person to go to if the school ever needs someone to play the piano. He is a musical genius and has perfect pitch. He's able to compose short bursts of melodies in his head. Of course he forgets the melodies unless he writes them down. He started playing the piano at the age of three or four. His parents bought him an electric keyboard and he loved banging on it and eventually started to put together melodies that sounded pretty decent so his parents took him to have piano lessons. Yixing has a 3.7 GPA. He studies really hard for tests and knows the material. He can ace his homework and teach his friends how to do their homework, but when the teacher asks questions, his mind completely blanks and he comes a nervous wreck. He also isn't very good at taking tests. He doesn't have text anxiety. He knows the subject, but the questions on the test always throw him off and feel like the questions weren't even taught in class or even in the homework. Outside of music, Yixing is the president of the piano club and is part of the Best Buddies club with Chanyeol. The special education kids love hearing him sing and play his guitar. 

 

A/N: Yo yo yo! Who's excited for Exo's comeback? I AM! I. Cannot. Wait. /SCREAMS Oh man, when I was writing the singing part between Baekhyun and Chanyeol I laughed so hard. I was sitting in the Cafeteria at school on my tablet, I probably looked crazy. I think that one is my favorite drabble I've written for this fic. I am so so so sorry if I offended anyone on the second drabble. I had a teacher who told me they sell dog meat in areas of Cali? I have no idea. It's that weird Asian stereotype that we eat dogs and cats. Uhhh, only a few do. My Chinese teacher had the opportunity to eat dog in Taiwan. He said he had a warm fuzzy feeling afterwards. Poor Baekkie, he's not having a good time with athletic sports. Hopefully he'll be able to find something to do with the rest of the members soon! Without anyone getting hurt hopefully. *hint hint*

Sorry for all the misspelled words and such...I tend to type super fast and might not catch some words.

Comment below and tell me what your favorite drabble was from this series!