[Chapter 35] Calling For You

Say You're Just A Friend

BaeSuzy'sPOV:

 

    I was waiting for him when someone call my name behind me. I look over my shoulder and saw a tall skinny girl running towards me. She looks very

happy so I force a smile and wave back at her. When we're finally close to each other I saw her face starts to frown as if something's wrong with her or

me? I tilted my head in confusion and she pat my right shoulder. 

 

"Yah, what happened?" she ask and without knowing tears starts to fall from my cheek. I hold it back don't want to cry here in school because it will be so embarassin if students, or teachers may saw me with my red nose and eyes.  

"Nothing, nothing happened" she pouted.

"Yah, don't even try to lie to me Bae Suzy. I know you since we were freshmen. Now, palli. Tell me what happened." she said sarcastically. Pulling me to go and have a walk. I stop walking and she does too. I look at her doll eyes.

"Tiffany, naneun... I want to break up with him." those words. tears starts to fall again but this time a big drop of tear fell. I sob as I look at my friend.

"You mean with Wooyoung right?" she ask and I nod.

"Pabo, of course with him. Who else do you think." I joke and smile. I finally wipe off the tears and become the Suzy as everyone does want.

"That's it Suzy. Just smile." she motion her hand under her lips and swing it from left to right. I nodded as a response and give a smile.


    I'm standing alone on the front gate of the school, waiting for Wooyoun to come out. I haven't seen him till the morning, But I know that he's here

because I asked Taecyeon earlier and he said he's here and he said he is busy. Well, I hope he will never be busy when I said this to him. Tiffany left early

because she has to go to her docto as she have a appointment. I start to look around me and then far from me, I notice Ji eun walking by herself. She

looks so depressed and sad may be because from what happened to her and Nickhun. I want to run to her but I stop from my tracks when something

caught my eye, Wooyoung. He is running towards Ji eun. The pain, it's coming again, I can't breath. I turn my heels so they won't see me. Then, like a

wind just pass me by and I heard him saying, "Did you enjoy what we did earlier?" So that was Taecyeon's talking about? He's busy because of Ji eun?

So he really doesn't care what I'm going to think about that if I knew what he has been doing. "Pabo-ya" I mumble and hold back the tears. I turn my heels

and I look at their back. Even though I can't see thei faces, I can tell that they are really happy. Especially Ji eun, when I just saw her face earlier not

bright as I am seeing now. They like each other, I thought. I snap out of my thoughts and practicing my fake smile to them. I took a deep breath before

running towards them.

 

"Annyeong!" I pat both shoulder of them and they were surprise. When they turn around I was surprised when I saw Ji eun's red eyes. 

"Ji eun-nnie, kwenchanayo?" I still ask her, there is side of me that I envy her and the other side is I'm still worried about her. Of course, she's still my friend. She always help me with everything and it turns out so well, except for me and Wooyoung where she tried to hide her true feelings about him.

"Oh... y-yeah. Kwenchanayo." she said and smile. I nodded and look at Wooyoung.

"Wooyoung-shii" I call, I use the formal instead of oppa. He seems surprised but didn't ask why I call him like that.

"Can you come with me? I need to tell you a vey important thing" I explain. He look at Ji eun.

"But-" he said but interrupt by Ji eun.

"Aniyo, you can go with your girlfriend, Wooyoung. I'm fine don't worry about me." she smile. I can see on Wooyoung's eyes that he's worried about her. 

"You sure?" he ask again and she nod. 

 

     We left even though Wooyoung doesn't want to. Just this one, and your free Jang Wooyoung, I thought. After arriving at some shop, we stop by at a

coffee shop near the last store where we just went in. He looks tired and worried from the way I saw from his actions. When we finally got order from the

waiter, we just need to wait for 5 minutes before the coffee and the food will come. I took a deep breath before saying anything, and finally the words

that I really want to say, I bursted out.

 

"You like Ji eun, right?" without looking at him but I can sense that he is surprised by my question. Then, I turn my head to face him. 

"Wha-what are y-you talking about?" he ask nervously. I look on the glass window and watch cars moving fast like winds. I try to hold back my tears don't want him to see it. If he see me crying, I bet he would not say the truth to me.

"I knew it from the start... that you like Ji eun-nnie, I guess." then, I look at him in the eyes. His eye seems telling me how did I know that, he was really surprised. His eye were wide and sweats starts to form on his forehead.

"Am I right?" I asked him but he did not response. I took a deep breath before saying anything. 

"I know I am. I can tell the way you care about Ji eun than me. The way you look at her. When you smile to her, when you protect her, how happy you are with her-"

"Yes, I am! I love her! happy?" tears went down. Finally he said the truth. I start to cry and saw him how mad he is. I just ant know the truth, I just want to hear from him if he love Ji eun and not me. I buried my face on my palm and look at my rights side when I saw a black shoes standing on my right side. 

"Uhmm, I'm sorry but here's your order ma'am, sir" I heard a soft female voice. I quickly wipe the tears and look at the glass window to hide my face to her. 

"You can put it on the table, thank you." I said when I turn around. After placing the coffee and food that we just ordered she didn't tell anything because I think she knows what's going on between me and Wooyoung. There were silence between the both of us. Tears starts to form again, I hold it back and wipe it off using a tissue.I then sit up straight and without making an eye contact to him, I grab the ice coffee and take a sip. 

"Mian." he said. 

"I'm stupid." he mumble but good enough to hear it. I put down the coffee and look at him.

"Ani... actually you're not. I'm the one who is stupid. I knew it at the first place but I didn't do anything. I made you guys feels so awkward to each other especially you, Wooyoung." I said. Please tears don't fell please, I thought luckily, it didn't fall. 

"Suzy-ah, mianhae. Chincha mianhae. I have a reason why I court you that day, and at that time my mind was off totally off. I just did what my mind told me to do without thinking thoroughly. Now that I hurt you, I guess ... I'm sorry?" his face looks down and I can see his sincerely sorry. 

"I'm the one who should say sorry Wooyoung. Like what I said, I knew it at the first place (even if it's a lie) and I didn't do anything. So I'm sorry for everything. I just imagine that you would be so happy with Ji eun and not with... me" I said in a low tone at the end. He shoved his hands.

"Aniyo, I'm actually happy with you but not... so." I crane my neck to look at the ceiling trying to hold back my tears. 

"Naneun," he starts.

"It's actually a weird feeling." I look at him and he kinda look not so say it.

"What's the weird feeling?" I ask back.

"Actually, I have a feelings for you," he force a smile and I don't know what to react. Am I going to be happy or not? I know this is not the ned of hi sentence.

"As I saw Ji eun and Nickhun looks very happy I lose my fate. I try to focus on the relationship that we have but one day came when I realize that I really love Ji eun. It was the day when her halmeoni died. I felt this feeling that I don't want to be seperate with her. I want her to be with me. That time, I want to push Nickhun and hug Ji eun and comfort her but I can't, because I think of you, and I don't want you to get hurt. But now.. I did" I stare at him after explaining. I guess, this is the end.

"So, you really like Ji eun?" I ask in low tone. He nod his head. "Neh, I'm sorry." 

 

Nickhun'sPOV:

 

    I didn't mean it. It is the right thing to do, so she won't suffer anymore. Does my words was hurtful? It seems yes. Those words that I used was the

words that I said to all girls that I played. This frustrating me. Now I hurt the girl the I love for the first time in my life. Why this has to happened to me. I

know I cheat nor play girls heart but why... 

 

"Kwenchana?" I snap from my thoughts when I heard Suzy's voice. 

"Neh, I'm okay." I force a smile. I just don't want to talk about what happened yesterday. I'm a jerk.

"So," Suzy starts. "Did you finish the project?" she ask without taking her eyes off from her food. Yes, I'm eating with her and the news spread out already. 

"Neh, don't worry I finish it yesterday." she nod and take a bite from her pizza. I look around the cafeteria and something caught my eyes, Ji eun and she's with him. I look at her and those smiles that I haven't seen since the day I'm with her. 

"Nickhun-ah!" I snap out of my thoughts when I heard Suzy calling me. I look at her in surprise.

"Waeyo?" I ask then, she motion her forefinger on Ji eun's direction. She see it too.

"Neh, they looks so happy together." I said and smile. 

"Yes, you're right" she sigh and continue eating her lunch with me. 

 

   There still something left on my heart and it saying that I still love Ji eun. But what can I do, if her heart keeps calling is not my name but

Wooyoung's name. I just wish them to be happy and hope they were fated together. Thanks to Ji eun, now that I realize everything in this

world. Through the things that I've been suffering from her, I know now how girls suffering because of me, why they cry for me, why they

chase after me. Finally, me too I want to chase after her but Suzy keeps telling me not to. I must been fall in love so deeply that is not

actually fated for me. 

   It's the last period when I got out from the school. I walk in the hallway and saw Ji eun by herself. My feet pushing me to walk to her, my

heart keeps telling me to say sorry to her, but my mind says let go. 2 against 1 cannot win, because I'm stubborn I walk towards her when

she finally sit at the bench that looks like she is waiting for someone to come. When I'm finally infront of her and she is looking at the green

grass that I'm stepping in. Slowly she lift her head and as she saw my face, her peaceful facial expression was gone and replace with her

shocking expression. She mumble my name. She's about to stand on her feet but I fell fom my knees infront of her. I don't care what

other's will think. 

 

"I'm so sorry." I cry. "You know the reason why I did that." I starts sobbing and hold her hand tightly. She try to escape from my grip but I won't let her. 

"Why do you have to lie to me Nickhun. Wae? You should have said it directly to me. You never let me explain everything. I'm trying Nickhun, I'm trying. But what did you did, you ruined it. You never trust me, never."

 

    She cry and I let go of her hand and she run away from me. But when she say those things, her voice are not that loud as when the first

time I said that I on't like her. I turn my head and see Wooyoung run after her but stop from his tracks and start to look at me. He just

shook his head, looks disappointed to me. I gave him, feeling sorry from what happened. I want to clear all things about me and Ji eun. If

this still continues, I might not be able to let go of her just like that. I want a clear conversation between me and her. I guess I did the wrong

chance to tell her here in school maybe meeting her in private will make it more simpler and not like what just happened. 

 

  As soon I got home, I walk up stairs and not in the mood to eat dinner nor snacks, whatever. I just want to say something to Ji eun.

Without hesitation, I grab my phone from my bed and dial her number. A wait and wait until finally she pick up her phone.

 

I'm tired Nickhun. I'm tired of your explanation.

Why you should be tired of my explanation? Wae? I just want to tell my reason-

Reason? I know it already Nickhun. You don't need to tell me that again-

Come out from your house, wait for me. I'll be there. I just want to tell you something.

 

  Then I hung up the phone. I just change my clothes and rush out from the house. I quickly go to where I've told Ji eun where we should

meet. I thought she wouldn't come out, indeed I was wrong. I saw a petite girl standing on the corner of a swing in the playground. The

weather is bit chill yet she's wearing her pajama and a thin jacket, I guess. She wasn't looking at me that I am facing her back. I walk towards

her and take off my jacket and put it on her shoulder. She turn around and our eyes meet for the first time this day.

 

"What do you want from me?" she asked coldly and give my jacket back. 

"Wear it, you might catch a cold." I said in a low voice.

"I don't care. Palli, what do you want from me?" she said in a cold manner. I can see she's strong enough to face me. 

"Can we talk, not here but somewhere warm." she look away and without thought she walk away and just follow her. She enter a cafe near their house. This place is good, it is warm. 

"Do you want some coffee?" asked the waitress.

"Yes, please-"

"No we're fine." said Ji eun cutting the lines. The girl make her way out feeling awkward between us. Ji eun lift her head up and start to speak.

"Nickhun-shii, I know that we're done, that you told me that you just used me like those girls you've been played on, but I know the reason why you did this. I know that you didn't trust me, that I still love Wooyoung. Neh, I love Wooyoung more than you, understand? Now how is it the feeling when I told you that I love Wooyoung? Hurt right? Neh, I felt like that too when you told me that you just used me. I don't know why but it still hurts me. I love both of you." and she starts to cry again. I want to reach her hand but my mind says no. 

"Ji eun-shii-"

"Mianhae, mian Nickhun. I just use you to get over Wooyoung." 

"Ani, don't be sorry. I let myself to you, that you can use me to get over Wooyoung but, I guess you can't." a said in weak voice.

"Nickhun-shii, sorry." she said and cry again. 

"I just want to say that, you're the only girl... you're the first girl... the first girl that made me cry." and a drop of tear drip into my cheeks. I wipe it off just don't want Ji eun to see it but, it's too late. She saw me crying.

"Because of you, I learn a lot about girls. Now I know how it felt when you like someone and you dump her or him. Or the guy doesn't like or love you. Now I know everything about it, komawo." I said in weak voice. She stood up and walk towards me, without knowing she hug me tightly. Wooyoung, just this one, let me pleasure this scene between me and Ji eun, I thought. My heart won't stop calling for you, Ji eun.

 

End of Chapter 35 :)


Too much drama, I guess. I really want to finish this story and want to focus on my new story wich is

You Are My Everything,  because I will tell you that the story is going to be long ^_^. Support my new story too ^_^ 

Thanks for waiting for my update :)