[Chapter 28]Let's Talk

Say You're Just A Friend

LeeJieun'sPOV:

 

     Nickhun drive the car as fast as he could. I told him to slow down because we might get caught by police but he didn't listen to me.

Sooyoung and Chansung is with us while the others get in Taecyeon's car. Chansung is beside Nickhun while Sooyoung caress my back

because I keep crying because from what happened. I told eomonim to wait for me but I remember she told me earlier to come early. Is

that her sign? Ani, ani. I reach my phone and still crying. I want him, I want him beside me. I scan my phone and Sooyoung look at

me strangely and she stop me.

 

"Yah! what are you doing?" she get my phone away from my hand. I glare at her.

"Sooyoung-ah! I have to call him!" I scream. His only my strength, I know I have my friends here but I want Wooyoung to be here too.

"Arasso." she dial Wooyoung's phone number and Im still crying. I try to look to window car and praying for that eomonim have to survive. 

"He's not answering." I turn to Sooyoung and start to cry again. more loud. 

"Ani! give me my phone." I snatch my phone to her hand and look on my phone screen. I saw Wooyoung's name on the screen and click on it. I put my phone on my right ear and it's start to dial.

"Pick it, pick it up." I mumble and ... 

            ~the number you dial is not yet in service, please try again later... 

    I throw my phone on the floor. Chansung look behind us and ask what's the problem. Both of us didn't answer him. Wooyoung! After a

minute we finally at the hpspital. I was the first one to get off the car and I run quickly inside. I run quickly to emergency room and right

there before, I saw Mrs. Bong, caress my cousin back and Taeyang sitting there and crying. I run quickly towards them and when I stood

infront of Taeyang, he slowly raise his head and he cry more harder. I kneel down and hug Taeyang. 

 

"Ani, ani. Taeyang don't give me that kind of face. Please tell me grandama is okay!" I scream and he just hug me tighter. I cry again.

"Ji eun-ah" I heard my friends voice but I didn't care about them for now. 

 

JangWooyoung'sPOV:

 

       ~Ring Ring Ring! 

   Wooyoung's phone ring at the middle of night. It was twelve am in the midnight when his phone keep ringing. He's tired because of

playing billiards with Suzy's cousin. 

 

    ~Ring, Ring, Rin-!

"Yoboseyo?" he answered the phone call half asleep half awake. 

"Yah!" he startled and he lean. 

"Why are you shouting at me Taecyeon. Do you know that it's almost twelve in th-"

"Ji eun's grandma is dead!" I stop whining.

"B-bo? grandma is dead?" I ask.

"Neh! and she's keep contacting you earlier but she can't reach you! Are you stupid Wooyoung! You didn't know that Ji eun need you that time!" she needs me? But why? I keep asking that to myself. She's with Nickhun now and why she's looking for me.

"She needs me?" I ask Taecyeon. I heard him took a deep breath before answering my question.

"Neh, he needs you. Are you really stupid! You told her that you're always gonna be on her side when she's sad and now she needs you you're not with her instead you're with Suzy!" 

"Yah! I don't care, she's with Nickhun I'm sure Nickhun will accompany her and besides I'm busy with my girl Suzy. She's not my girlfriend! so she don't have to act like that." he become silent. I don't know why but something's wrong I guess.

"Ji eun." I drop my jaw when he said Ji eun. She's there? She heard everything? 

"Ani, ani" I want to apologize.

"Taecyeon, Yoona, Sooyoung you can go now." Yes it's her. It's Ji eun. How stupid am I to say those things. I'm sure she hate me now and I didn't mean those things that I said. Stupid Wooyoung! Then, I heard the end call.

"Yoboseyo? Yoboseyo? Aishh!" he hung up the phone. I throw my phone and lean. 

"What I'm gonna do now?" I cover myself with a bedsheet and try to sleep as possible. 

 

LeeJieun'sPOV:

 

    Yoona and her boyfriend Taecyeon and Sooyoung is still in the hospital with me while Nickhun went somewhere and buy some food

for us. It was  twelve in th midnight and they're still here with me. Junho said he needs to go home because his dad is here in Seoul.

Grandama is gone, she leave this beautiful world without saying anything to me. We're still in the hospital and Mrs. Bong is talking to the

doctor to ask what happened to grandma while Taeyang is arranging the grief and prearing for the funeral. I'm with Mrs. Bong when she

talk to the doctor then, after talking to the doctor I go to buy water where my friends are waiting for me too. I walk slowly through the

vending machine when I heard Taecyeon yelling. I look where they are but I buy first a water before heading over to them. He keeps yelling

so I went over them.

 

"Neh, he needs you. Are you really stupid! You told her that you're always gonna be on her side when she's sad and now she needs you you're not with her instead you're with Suzy!" who is that? Why is he talking about Suzy? I take few more steps.

"Yah! I don't care, she's with Nickhun I'm sure Nickhun will accompany her and besides I'm busy with my girl Suzy. She's not my girlfriend! so she don't have to act like that." I froze cause I know that voice. That is Wooyoung. I saw Yoona pat Taecyeon and I know in his eyes that his surprise.

"Ji eun" he stood up and widened his eyes. 

"Ani, ani" I heard Wooyoung's voice again. I cleared my throat trying to held back my tears.

"Taecyeon, Yoona, Sooyoung you can go now." I said and turn my heels and run away. Sooyoung run after me and hold my hand. 

"Ji eun." a drop of tear fell down but I quickly wipe it out. Then, I heard Taecyeon and Yoona fighting. 

"Are they fighting?" I ask Sooyoung and she slowly nod her head.

"They don't need to fight if it's because of me-"

"Ji eun, you heard him right?" I turn my gaze to Sooyoung.

"What do you mean?" I said but it seems she know that I'm not okay.

"Don't try to be okay Ji eun. Your halmeoni is dead and I know that you're not okay and you have problem with your feelings to Wooyoung. I know that you heard Wooyoung saying those words, that he doesn't care about you." she's right. Definitely right. I try to held my tears again but a drop of tear fell. 

"Ji eun, don't hurt yourself. You're making it more compliacated when you try to wait for him to tell you that he loves you but he doesn't. Help yourself Ji eun, nothing's gonna happened when you try to wait for him forever. Nickhun is always there for you, try to see him as a guy who always there for you. He loves you Ji eun, and I know that you have feelings for him-'

"But not like I love for Wooyoung-"

"No Ji eun. I know you can love him, like the way you love Wooyoung. Ji eun, I don't want to see you, my friend like this." she pull me to hug and caress my back. I can't stop but cry. I know that she's right, Nickhun really does love me and I can feel it. But I don't know why I can't try to love him the way I love Wooyoung. 


      Taeyang call me to see halmeoni's body in the morgue. Nickhun come with me since he knows that I need someone to accompany

inside cause I know I can't see halmeoni lying on a metal long table with her eyes close and a white cloth covering her body. I told

Sooyoung to take care for a moment my cousin Ju Sin, because I don't want her to see halmeoni like that. Nickhun and I enter first , and

when we got enter the morgue I saw halmeoni lying there and I can only see her angelic face and the rest is convered with a long white

cloth. Tears start to pour and still NIckhun holding my hand as I grip mine to his. I try to fight back the pain that I'm facing now. Halmeoni is

the one who raised me when my mom and dad died from a car accident when I was 6 years old. Then, when my aunt went to Europe to

support my education, halmeoni was there for me. She attends my school meetings my graduation and she's always there when I was

sad from a reason. Now, Im sad for a reason too but it seems like that the moment when I'm with halmeoni, will never happen. Cause I'm

by myself and I think Nickhun is the guy who will replace halmeoni. I thank God that he give me Nickhun as a guardian angel but I'm hurting

my guardian angel. I remember Sooyoung saying to me that I should see Nickhun as a guy who always there for me no matter what

happen. I guess I should give him my blessing as halmeoni said, give a person a blessing when he/she doing an effort to be close with

you. Nickhun pull me out of the morgue, Mrs.Bong tell him to. When we got out from the morgue, he sit me on a bench far from the

morgue and he just stares at me while I'm crying. 

 

"Halmeoni is my mom when my parents died. She's the one who raise me when my aunt is in Europe. She always scold me when I did bad things, and she never get mad at me cause she loves me." I explain to Nickhun and he sits beside me and pull me to a hug.

"I'm always here for you, Ji eun. I will do the same thing that your halmeoni did to you. Just stay still, okay." I can feel his sincerety for me. I hug him back and tears keeps to fall.

 

Author'sPOV:

 

    The next day, Ji eun did not attend the school until her halmeoni's last day in the funeral which is Saturday. All of her classmates are

worried about her especially her friends. Wooyoung still struggling about what he said yesterday to Taecyeon because he knows that Ji

eun heard what he said. He wondered that half of what he said is true. He knows from him self that his jealous when Ji eun is with

Nickhun, but he's half jealous cause he is happy when his with Suzy. He can't still wondered who among Ji eun and Suzy is his love. 

    

"Nickhun is not here?" ask Junho. He's talking with Taecyeon and Wooyoung. These two are still not okay. Taecyeon was mad yesterday because of Wooyoung's behavior. He doesn't want his friends to be so pathetic.

"Neh, he's not here because he wants to accompany Ji eun at the funeral." said Taecyeon and look at his right side glaring to their friend Wooyoung. 

"What." ask Wooyoung and frown.

"She cried because of her halmeoni died and when she heard you saying those things yesterday, you broke her heart. You really don't know what a girl feels Wooyoung. You should have think first before blurting out-"

"What are you saying? I didn't know that your phone was in a loud speaker! If you too care about Ji eun's situation, you shouldn't loud speak your phone. Think first Taecyeon." Wooyoung clack and turn around and sit to his seat when their teacher came in and start the class.

 

~Ring ! Ring ! Ring ! 

 

   The bell rang and all students go to their lockers before going home. Suzy is walking happily when he saw Wooyoung getting his

bookbag on his locker. Tiffany is with her and they walk towards Wooyoung.

 

"Anneyeong!" Suzy said and Wooyoung jump up and stare at Suzy and Tiffany. He hold his chest as it was beating fast.

"Woah! you startled me." Suzy giggle and come closer to him.

"Wanna go shopping with us?" Wooyoung glare at Suzy as he's mad from what she said.

"To have some fun, right Tiffany?" her friend Tiffany nod.

"Don't worry, Junsu is coming with us too." he bit his lower and tighten his grip.

"Shopping? are you insane! Ji eun's halmeoni is dead and We have to go there to accompany her!" she shout to Suzy. She didn't blink an eye as it is the first time she saw Wooyoung mad like that.

"M-mianhae, I know that ofcourse but we have more 2 days to visit-" 

"I don't care if you don't want to come cause I will go." he walk out and Tiffany stares at her friend.

"He likes you, huh?" Suzy look at Tiffanyand make a sad face.

"I guess he's not." a long sigh and they start to walk home.


    On Ji eun's side, more people are coming to the funeral and she keeps on greeting each one person with her cousin Ju Sin, Taeyang,

Mrs. Bong and her aunt whose from Busan too, while Nickhun join them or he maybe move to a place to get people some food to eat.

That time was afternoon and Ji eun know that the students are on their way to their respective houses. Ji eun excuse herself for a

moment and start to help Nickhun preparing the food for the visitors. 

 

"Are you okay?" ask Nickhun and she nod with a smile.

"Nice, I see that you smile again." Ji eun look at him and she form a sweet smile. 

"Kamsahamnida." she said politely. Nickhun chuckled a bit and he's happy that Ji eun smile again.

"I'm glad that you're smiling again." he tease Ji eun and she giggle.

"Neh, thanks to you. You skip school just for me." she blush and Nickhun saw it and his heat beat can't stop from beating so fast. He just smile to her.

"For you I will skip school and be on your side when you feel alone."

 

    Ji eun smile to him and their eyes meet and they stay in that position for a minute. Ji eun is the first one to look from far away because she

felt that her cheeks is burning that might actually Nickhun will see that she's blushing. Nickhun saw it and he just continue prearing foods for

the visitors. While they're still preparing the food, Ji eun gave out food to the visitors and greet the new visitors at the same time too. When

she's done, she walk towards Nickhun and help him. The two preparing the food happily and it seems that Ji eun forgot what happened

because Nickhun make her happy again. Thanks to him and Ji eun is happy again. When they finish it, they sat down for a moment.

 

"Nickhun..." Ji eun call out for him. She look into his eyes deeply and say...

"If I told you that I love you, would you respect me as I am and love me forever?" Nickhun smile sweetly to her and slowly he move his hand to her and hold it tightly.

"I will not love you forever but I will love you more than myself, I love for being you and I don't want you to change your behavior. I know that you're trying to change it cause you think Wooyoung don't like it but for me you are perfect. I don't know when, how or what happened when we met at the airport. But starting from that day, I felt this in my heart that I will find you but the destiny made that and we met to our school and I'm glad that I met you there and so to know you more better." 

 

    Suddenly Ji eun feels so happy that there is a man who really love him from deep in his heart. She knows that Nickhun is telling the truth.

She love him too but not in the same way with Wooyoung. But what will happen if Wooyoung still can't love her? right? There are silence

between them and Nickhun finally broke his hands to Ji eun.The wind blows stronger and a dust came in to Ji eun's eye. She rub it but

Nickhun saw it and he remove her hand to a side and lean closer to Ji eun. She's blushing but Nickhun blow her eye so the dust will come

out. Without knowing, their friends are looking at them. Taecyeon, Junho, Sooyoung, and Wooyoung is right there. He felt jealous and so

he cough. "Ehem!" cough Wooyoung but still Nickhun and Ji eun didn't heard it. Taecyeon glare at Wooyoung signaling him to stop with

his action. Wooyoung roll his eyes like a girl and turn around. Sooyoung giggle because of his childish and then turn her stares to Ji eun. 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Sooyoung loud noise and Junho hold her hand to stop but Ji eun and Nickhun startled and she jump of from her sit. 

"A-annyeong." she stuttered and slowly she turn her head and saw Wooyoung is right there.

"Hello guys. Want some refreshing?" ask Nickhun and Junho back off.

"Woah! Nickhun, you're so nice to Ji eun,huh. You're helping her too in here and right where you just startled we saw you both of you staring to each other and you lean to Ji eun when the wind became stronger and I saw Ji eun bl-

"HeHE! hand me a drink please." Wooyoung interrupt them and asking Nickhun to give him a tea.

"Arasso." smile Nickhun and then walk away for a moment and leave Ji eun with their other friends.

"Are you okay Ji eun?" ask Taecyeon and she nods.

"Neh, gwenchanayo. Thanks to Nickhun, he made me smile again." Wooyoung roll his eyes again. Ji eun feels uneasy of the situation cause she saw Wooyoung here and she can still remember what he said. 

"That's good for you." said Junho.

"Here, Wooyoung your tea." Nickhun hand the tea to Wooyoung.

"Thanks." he said. After taking a sip, Wooyoung look at Ji eun.

"Ji eun..." he said and Ji eun look at him giving him a sign why.

"Can we talk? ... like just the two of us?" JI eun bit her lower lip and slowly look at Nickhun waiting for him to answer. He nods.

"N-neh." she stuttered. And they start to walk on outside and Nickhun still looking at them.

 

End of Chapter 28 :)


 
                   tumblr_m8q0y88nbn1rdnt5vo1_500.gif tumblr_m8pzdqYulj1qh8s7eo1_500.gif
 
Mianhae! I went to Canada with my family and I keep writing the chapters that I'm doing right now. Actually the Chapter 27, I updated it like when I was still in Canada. And now, I'm updating this new Chapter because I'm not bust at all. Thanks for the patience for waiting :)