Finale - Part o2

Deceptions

Teased you guys enough, well those who are still reading anyway xD Here it is, the last part :)

Warning: Really long chapter up ahead ^^

 

Ga Yoon pressed the doorbell a few times but there was still no response. She did try knocking too, yet no one has come to open the door too.

She shifted in her position impatiently and checked her wristwatch for the umpteenth time.

Time, she was running out of it.

She raised up her hand to try knocking once again, a bit louder this time round. But then, the front door creaked open slowly, as if inviting her in by herself. Ga Yoon gave it a skeptical look and peered closely inside.

“Hello? Anyone home?” she tried calling out.

Silence.

Taking a deep breath, she took a step inside the house and walked in cautiously. Taking a look around her surrounding, she couldn’t seem to find anyone in the house, yet the front door had opened by itself.

Ga Yoon shivered unconsciously. This was getting eerie. Not the horror kind of scary but something which gives off the sinister vibe.

Something bad had happened or was going to happen here.

Any other normal person’s instinct was to bolt out of there quickly but then, has Ga Yoon’s life ever been normal?

Not exactly.

So, without wasting a second more, she trudged over the stairs slowly and climbs them up tentatively. She gripped on to the handrails tightly. Who knew what could be waiting for her upstairs?

Yet, her gut feeling told her to keep going.

At the very end of the hallway, she saw light streaming out of a room; with its door opened slightly. Her fists were clenched tightly by her sides. She has to be prepared for whatever that was waiting for her.

But the second she stopped right in front of the room, a small gasp escaped her lips.

There, lying down in front of her, was a man’s body; all bruised and badly beaten up.

He managed to cast a worn out glance at her and tried to communicate with her silently. But Ga Yoon understood him nevertheless.

His swollen, petrified eyes were clearly telling her to run.

 

“Can you see anything Mir? Are they here yet?”

Chul Yong squinted through the telescopic lens of his sniper rifle and shook his head slightly.

“I can’t see anything yet Dong Woon. There seem not to be any movement coming from inside the building.”

Dong Woon drummed his fingers nervously on the rooftop railing. A worried expression waved over his handsome face as he turned to face his friend.

“Do you think we’ve been tricked? Maybe they changed locations or something.”

Chul Yong thought about it for a moment as he retreat back from his lying down position. He then shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

“Can’t be. We have inside information Woonie. We’d know if there is a change of plans or something.”

“But...” Dong Woo was about to protest when Chul Yong suddenly held up his right hand to stop him.

“Wait. I think the hyungs are trying to reach us,” he said as he pressed the earpiece deeper into his ear. “Joon hyung...is that you?”

“Yes, pabo. Don’t you recognise my voice even after all these time?”

Beside him, Dong Woo was trying hard to stifle back his laughter.

“Ah, I can’t really hear you clearly hyung. Anyway, are they there yet? I can’t seem to see any kind of suspicious figures.”

“I have a feeling...they are already inside this building,” came Joon’s reply after a few seconds. “They are hiding and waiting. Waiting for us to make one wrong move. I remember telling Seung Ho to get a smaller place for our stuffs. This warehouse is too huge for times like this.”

Chul Yong shook his head in disbelief. Trust Chang Sun to complain about petty matters at times like this.

He was about to retort back with a clever comeback when he saw a familiar sports car pulling up right in front of the building. Curious, he lied back down on his stomach and looked into the lens once again. His mouth gaped open in surprise.

Hyung...Ji Yoon is here.”

“WHAT?”

Both Dong Woon and him cringed at Chang Sun’s sudden loud protest in their ears. A second later, they heard Byung Hee shushing the bewildered guy up.

“What are you saying Mir?” it was Byung Hee asking him this time. Chang Sun must be letting out harsh cussing sounds right now.

“Ji Yoon...she’s here with the rest of the police team. Hyung, what is going on? How did she know about this?”

“Mir...” he heard Chang Sun growled from the other end.

“No! I swear I wasn’t the one who told her. Would I want to risk her life this way?”

“The police must be already on to us,” Byung Hee stated the obvious. “This is going to be even trickier. We’re going to have to avoid them but still kill those other guys.”

 

“,” Doo Joon muttered under his breath. “What are the police doing here?”

Both he and Seung Ho were monitoring the movements from a car parked outside the building, a few metres away from the designated place. And they are clearly not happy when they saw unwanted company appearing on their CCTV cameras.

“I don’t know man. Someone must’ve tipped them off. And before you go and accuse Mir, I can assure you that boy has nothing to do with this. He’s not one to risk his girlfriend’s life like this.”

“Wasn’t planning to actually,” Doo Joon murmured. “But I’m still puzzled. How did they know? Can your insider actually be trusted?”

Seung Ho frowned as he thought about it.

“I’m pretty sure he’s on our side. Since he actually works as a private investigator.”

Doo Joon leaned forward in his seat, all full of curiosity.

“Who actually is this guy?”

Seung Ho shook his head apologetically.

“Sorry man, can’t help you for now. You’ll find out soon enough I guess.”

 

Noona...” she heard Tae Min calling from behind her. Ji Yoon turned her head slightly to the right and glanced over at him concernedly.

“This place seems to be too quiet, don’t you think so?”

Together, they made their way further into the building, eyes wandering around the empty space in alert.

Ji Yoon nodded her head in agreement.

“You’re right. It’s like calm before the storm feeling isn’t it? Tae Min, do you think...”

But she never got to finish her sentence when a bullet suddenly whizzed past her and hit the pillar situated right behind the two of them.

“Tae Min, duck!” Ji Yoon yelled as she quickly hid behind one of the huge white walls, with Tae Min doing the same beside her. Both of them took out their respective guns from their holsters and unlock the safety locks hastily.

“Okay, here’s what we’re going to do...” she started to explain when another bullet hit the pillar once again. “Damn it, patience big boy! Anyway...” she turned to face Tae Min back. “I’ll dash across first and try to get a clear shot on him. You’ll cover my back, okay?”

The young boy just nodded his head grimly in understament.

“On the count of three...” Ji Yoon whispered. “One...two...three.”

Together, the both of them stood up abruptly and Ji Yoon started to make a run for it. She pointed her black piece right at the direction of their attacker and fired her first shot.

She was quick to hide herself behind another pillar while Tae Min followed her lead. Stealing a glance back, Ji Yoon cursed silently inside. She had missed that guy. She could still see him trying to launch another attack on them.

She showed herself for the second time and stole another shot, this time missing just by an inch. The former was too quick on his feet as he jumped on to the next wall for protection.

Tae Min, being the fresh young blood he is, tried to put an end to the game as he fired his first shot but still missing the damned enemy.

“There’s only one of them right?” he asked his senior in a slightly breathless voice.

Ji Yoon took another peek over her shoulder.

“Yeah. I don’t see anyone else with him. Maybe we can...”

Another bullet flew towards her and hit the wall instead with a loud thunk.

“Ugh!” Ji Yoon grunted in frustration and aimed her gun at his position before shooting for the third time. He appeared to have escape it but Ji Yoon could’ve sworn she had managed to scrape him on the shoulder.

Tae Min took the chance to finish off what Ji Yoon had started but it appears to be a mistake.

“No, Tae Min no. Wait!” she tried to stop him but failed. The second he stepped out of his hiding, the injured man blast off a perfect shot which landed right on the detective’s chest, just above his heart.

JI Yoon watched in horror as her partner was flung back harshly by the deep impact of the bullet hitting his vest. He hit his head hard against the wall and fell to the ground just a second later.

Without thinking further, Ji Yoon fired another shot at the guy before rushing forward to give Tae Min a helping hand. She couldn’t even care if she managed to knock him down. Her thoughts were now focused on making sure Tae Min was safe.

“Are you okay?” she demanded as she crouched down beside him to take a closer look.

“Help...take this off...” he whimpered like a small child, gesturing towards his vest which had been burnt a hole by the bullet earlier. “...the pain’s stinging me...”

Ji Yoon yanked it off impulsively and threw it on the ground next to her. She bent down closer to inspect his wound. It didn’t appear as bad as she thought it would, since he had been protected by the vest but she still couldn’t take the risk. These things aren’t actually 100 percent bulletproof.

She pressed a button on her radio adapter and fastened in the earpiece, calling in for back up.

“I need immediate medical help right now on the third level. I have an officer down. I repeat, officer down!”

Just then, she noticed blood seeping from the back of Tae Min’s head. He must’ve injured it when he hit the wall earlier.

Blood coming out from a head injury is always not good.

“Just hang in there please Tae Min,” Ji Yoon pleaded. “Help will come soon.”

He managed a weak nod at her but suddenly his eyes widened in horror as he noticed something from behind Ji Yoon.

Noona...”

Ji Yoon stiffened up immediately. She reached down for her gun and curled her fingers around the trigger, waiting for just the right moment.

At the very last second, she whirled around expectantly and aimed her piece right at her attacker, arms stretched out, ready to fire a very angry shot at him.

But the guy held up his hands quickly in defense, throwing his weapon down onto the ground unconsciously.

“Wait!” he protested before she could pull the trigger. “Don’t shoot me. I’m on your side.”

Ji Yoon’s face was scrunched up in confusion.

“What?” she looked past him, at the direction where her pursuer had been standing at earlier but all she saw was a lying corpse.

The guy was already dead?

“I shot him. I shut him up with a silencer when he was about to take another shot at you,” the guy who was standing before her explained in a hurry.

Ji Yoon shook her head in disbelief. What was going on?

“Who are you?” she asked in bewilderment.

 

Ga Yoon’s heart was beating rapidly fast. Her feet were glued to the floor, unable to move even an inch. She knew what she had to do, she has to run.

But she couldn’t bring herself to move.

She was in too much shock as she took in the scene before her.

Just then she heard someone clapping from the other side of the room. Awhile later, two more figures appeared in her view; one being held captive and the other holding a gun to his head.

“Good, there’s another person for me to kill. Hyung was right, this is a fun game,” the blonde haired guy chuckled softly.

“You’re sick.”

Ga Yoon didn’t know where she had gotten the strength from but seeing the guy’s arrogant face, it made her want to wipe off that annoying smirk of his.

But he just shrugged offhandedly.

“You’re right. I probably am. But who cares? After I kill these two, and you too of course, Junsu hyung will be so proud of me. He wouldn’t keep saying ‘Woo Young is always the weakest among all of you’.”

“So it’s true...Junsu is the leader of your gang,” Ga Yoon said in a steady voice, challenging Woo Young with an even stare. “You guys are really crazy, do you know that? What do you get from doing this? What do you get from killing us?”

Woo Young let out a small humourless laugh as he took a step forward towards where she was standing. The guy who was lying on the floor tried to urge her to get out from the house quick, but she refused to do so.

Instead of fear, she felt rage. She felt anger boiling up inside of her.

She felt angry enough to kill someone.

 

“I have a really uneasy feeling about this Dong Woon,” Chul Yong told his friend while the two of them lay down low on the rooftop. “I can’t seem to detect Ji Yoon’s movements.”

“And there are no news from the others since just now. Do you think they are okay?”

Chul Yong was deep in thoughts for a moment. It was risky, but he knows he won’t have a peace of heart if he doesn’t do it.

“Woonie, do me a favour will you?”

Dong Woon nodded his head eagerly, ready to help with anything.

“Stay here and monitor them from the telescopic lens here,” Chul Yong instructed him as he showed the former the different parts of his rifle. “And this, the scope here is where you can adjust your zooming in and out for you to get a clearer version. While this suppressor here, it will actually reduce the flash and noise signature, and also lower down the chances of you getting caught.”

Dong Woo just listened intently as Chul Yong continued to give different pointers on how to use the rifle.

“But wait...why are you telling me all of these?”

Chul Yong inhaled heavily as he took out a handgun from the holster which had been fastened to his leg. He filled in some spare ammunition into the cylinder expertly as Dong Woon just watched him silently.

Once he was done, he tucked the gun back into the holster and stood up abruptly.

“I’m really sorry Dong Woon. This is not even a proper lesson to teach you how to work this thing. So I’d rather you not try to snipe at all. But if you really have to, stay calm and concentrate. That’s the key to nailing the perfect shot. But other than that, just stay here okay? I’ll come back soon.”

“But where are you going?”

In,” he replied grimly. “I have to get Ji Yoon out of there.”

 

Eun Jung’s alert senses were at the highest level but still, she didn’t even cross paths with a single soul and it was worrying her even more. Junsu on the other hand was pulling her further and further into the building, and so far away from the entrance.

It wasn’t like she was scared or anything but it’d still be nice if they were closer to an emergency exit.

Suddenly, Junsu stopped in his tracks, causing Eun Jung to nearly bump into him from behind. She quickly regain her composure as Junsu placed a finger on his lips.

“Did you hear that?” he asked her in a stage whisper.

She shot him with a questioning look. She hadn’t heard anything and she was definitely paying attention to every single thing in the room.

“Hear what?”

Footsteps...”

Both of them, with their guns held right in front of them, slithered across the room slowly and carefully. Eun Jung glanced around the room, expecting any of the guys to pop out anytime but only emptiness greeted her.

The moment was only short-lived though when a familiar figure appeared from the other end of the room. Without a warning, Junsu started firing shots towards the new intruder.

Eun Jung on the other hand, realising that it was actually Jun Hyung who had come to join them, froze in her spot not knowing what to do.

Just before he slid behind one of the big walls to hide himself, she caught him throwing a confused glance towards her way. She could only manage to stare after him helplessly.

Behind him, Gi Kwang entered the room with rounds after rounds shielding him from Junsu’s attack. The latter  launched a 3-in-a-row strike as revenge.

Eun Jung prayed silently that neither of them had gotten shot. Things were starting to get blurry for her to grasp on to what was happening.

“Eun Jung, what are you doing? Come on! We have to get them!” she heard Junsu’s loud voice commanding her next move.

She started to follow closely behind him when she noticed something strange in the midst of the event.

Junsu was hunched down behind one of the pillars, trying to catch a glimpse of where the other two guys had run off to and his shirt was pulled up slightly, revealing a small part of his back.

Engraved there in the small corner, was the word2PM tattooed across his back. A small gasp escaped her lips when realisation hits her.

2PM...that was the group Ji Yoon and Doo Joon had told her about.

It was also the group that had almost killed Yo Seob and no doubt, murdered Sang Hyun.

And Junsu was connected to them?

“Junsu...” she opened to say something. “Why do you...”

But before she could let the words out, she felt a hand clamping from behind. As she inhaled the harmful substance which had been sprayed onto the cloth, she felt herself weakening by the second and in a moment, darkness was all that she could see.

 

Damn it,” Chang Sun heard Jun Hyung cussing into his earpiece all of a sudden. “What is Eun Jung doing here? Why are the police here?”

“Chill bro. We just found out too,” was all that came from his short reply. He exchanged looks with Byung Hee who just exhaled exasperatedly.

“How do you expect us to chill when we were nearly killed by that police officer just now?” Jun Hyung roared into both of their ears, making Byung Hee cringed in annoyance.

Hyung, stop talking so loudly,” Gi Kwang’s voice came over suddenly. “They’ll hear you and they’ll catch up with us.”

“I’ll kill Doo Joon if he was the one who let Eun Jung in on this.”

Byung Hee decided to intervene.

“I don’t think it’s any of our doings. My guess is that the police have their own spy.”

“But why here? Why are they trying to kill us? Or capture us even?”

“They are making us the scapegoat for Thunder’s death,” Chang Sun spat angrily, clearly frustrated that he still has to spell things out for them. “Can’t you guys see it? Whoever the spy is for those guys, they are the real killers. And I swear, I’ll end their lives myself.”

Just then, a new voice interrupted their conversation.

“Guys, have you seen Ji Yoon anywhere in the building?”

“Mir?” Chang Sun frowned. “What are you talking about? And are you running? You sound out of breath.”

“I’m already inside the warehouse hyung,” the younger guy started to explain. “I have a really bad feeling about this whole thing. I need to find Ji Yoon and make sure that she’s safe.”

“What?” Chang Sun exclaimed. “Why did you move from your position? Who’s going to cover for us now?”

Byung Hee nudged his friend lightly in the ribs. He shook his head slightly at Chang Sun, asking the guy to back down.

Let him be, he mouthed the words silently.

“Mir? Are you inside with them?”

All of them went silent when they heard Seung Ho’s serious voice coming from their earpiece. Chang Sun and Byung Hee exchanged uneasy looks with each other as they continued to survey their portion for any of the 2PM guys. They were hiding and Chang Sun was getting frustrated, anxious to end the game once and for all.

And their leader, he has to be here. He just knows it.

“I’m sorry hyung,” their maknae apologises. “But please, I have to do this. Anyway, I have Dong Woon monitoring from the rooftop. He’ll alert us if anything suspicious catches his attention.”

The four of them heard shuffling sounds in the background; it seemed like Seung Ho was having a small argument with Doo Joon. Chul Yong held his breath anxiously. As he waited for his leader’s verdict, he started to climb up the stairs to the third level of the building.

“Mir, it’s not like I’m trying to stop you or anything but yes I am. I don’t want you to do this because you’re not skilled for this. You lose your cool easily when you have to confront your opponent face to face. And Mir, we didn’t suit you up because we didn’t think you’d actually go inside. You might get hurt. You have to get out now,” Seung Ho explained his disagreements calmly.

“But I’ve trained for this hyung,” Chul Yong argued as he tried to keep his voice as low as possible. “I know I’m not good as Joon hyung or G.O hyung but please. You don’t know how important this is to me.”

They could hear Seung Ho sighing loudly from the other end. Chang Sun was about to interrupt, asking him to lay off the rules just for this one time. Honestly, he was worried about his sister too. And it’ll help a lot if Chul Yong could help him look out for her while he finishes off the other remaining guys.

And yes, find their leader.

“Okay fine,” Seung Ho said finally in a resigned voice. “But please Mir, find her and get both of you out of there as soon as you can alright? And call us for help if you need it.”

“Okay hyung, thanks,” Chul Yong replied gratefully, grinning to himself.

“The rest of you, what’s taking so long? I’m starting to have doubts about this.”

“We’ll be there soon okay?” Chang Sun replied sharply. “Sorry this is taking longer than expected. They are darn good at playing hide and seek.”

As soon as the words were out of his mouth, he saw something moving from the corner of his eye.

He signalled for Byung Hee to back him up while he moved forward slowly towards the looming shadow.

The figure had his back to them, giving them the advantage to attack him quietly from behind. Without wasting a second more, Chang Sun leaped forward and grabbed the suspicious guy from the neck; bringing both of them down to the ground.

He flipped the guy over and the latter had a gun pointed readily at him but Chang Sun was too quick for him. He elbowed the gun out of his opponent’s grasp and threw a punch against his jaw, hard.

But just as quick, the other guy gave Chang Sun a hard shove, sending him tumbling backwards out of surprise.

“Joon, get out of the way! I can’t get a clear shot!” he heard Byung Hee yelling out from behind him but he couldn’t care less. He doesn’t like to use weapons. He just wanted to beat the daylights out of the guy.

He stood back up instantly just as his rival jumped on his two feet, positioning himself in a defense stance.

The two of them started to circle each other tauntingly, each trying to pick the right time to cast an attack. Byung Hee muttered irritated incoherent words at Chang Sun’s stubbornness. He stepped back in defeat, letting his team-mate do whatever he wants.

Meanwhile, Taecyeon actually loves challenges. And he has heard a lot about Lee Chang Sun or better known as Lee Joon. He’s one of the best fighters, admired and idolised by many. He’s sought after by many gangs and when he made the decision to stick with MBLAQ, it did give the gang some sort of morale boost.

And Junsu, he’s damn pissed off with Lee Joon for turning his offer down a few years ago. Sure, they hadn’t exactly met face to face. But who doesn’t know Lee Joon? Though Junsu, prefers to be anonymous instead. Doing things on the sly, sending others to do his dirt.

“You still have no idea do you? You don’t know anything.”

Chang Sun narrowed his eyes at the taller guy. Sure he has an advantage over him.

But no. There’s no way he’s going to let himself be intimidated. He doesn’t fear anyone.

Especially jerks like them.

“Cut the talking. You want to kill me? Let’s see just how well you can do that.”

Taecyeon smirked in arrogance.

“Fool. You don’t even know who’s behind all of these. Maybe...you should ask your sister about it.”

There was a sudden stillness in the air. Only low, deep breathings could be heard as Chang Sun tried to gather his thoughts together.

...ask your sister

Does Ji Yoon knows something about this?

Then, it struck him.

Ji Yoon knows this person. She’s closer to him than they thought.

And all at once, different voices filled his ears, demanding explanations on what was going on. Some were already speaking out aloud his thoughts. They figured it out too.

He yanked the earpiece out and threw it on the ground in anger.

He couldn’t think clearly right now and this guy...he was definitely messing with his mind.

And he decided, Taecyeon isn’t worth his time at all. He has to save his energy, composed himself together for the real enemy.

He showed Byung Hee the go ahead sign. Taecyeon, who was pretty oblivious to what was going on, was still grinning stupidly as he took a step closer.

And in the next second, he dropped to the ground with a loud thud, not a sound more was heard. Not a single movement was made.

He was dead.

 

“What are you going to do about it huh?” Woo Young asked snidely, pacing back towards where Yo Seob was seated, glued down to the bed with a shock expression etched on his face. The gun was once again pointed to his head. He closed his eyes in fear, traumatised for the second time.

“Look pretty, after I’m done with him, it’s going to be your turn next. So, say your last prayers now okay?”

Ga Yoon pursed her lips together in anger, her whole body shaking with rage. Flashes of memory started playing in her mind and in her eyes, Sang Hyun’s smiling face was all that she could see.

She could still feel his warm embrace as he hugged her for the last time that night. She had tried to stop him, pleaded with him not to go out for the night. She insisted on him staying at home.

But he promised her that it will only be for a short-while. He was just going to meet Chang Sun for awhile and he’ll be back soon. He told her to wait for him. That he’ll be back with her favourite ice-cream flavour.

They were going to watch the movie he had longed for that night.

That unfortunate night when they took him away from her.

Ga Yoon watched Woo Young as he wrapped his fingers around the trigger, just a few seconds away from blowing up Yo Seob’s head. She was aware that Hyun Seung was begging for his dear friend’s life despite his injuries. He kept shouting at Woo Young to put the gun down but that bastard pretended not to have heard him.

Slowly, she started to pull something out from the space between her back and her jeans. She could feel her hands shaking as she made contact with it. She’s never held it once before, much less actually uses it.

But she has to now. She has to end things here before he could tear away another person’s life.

Everything happened all at once. Nobody had anytime to register what was going to happen. Woo Young was too focused on ending Yo Seob’s life and he didn’t notice what Ga Yoon was about to do. Hyun Seung’s eyes widened in surprised when he realises what she was holding in her hand, with her arm stretched out, ready to take her long awaited revenge.

Ga Yoon shut her eyes closed with the tears streaming down her face. She saw Sang Hyun smiling at her, reaching out his arms towards her, motioning for her to come closer to him.

And then...a deafening bang filled the room.

 

“Who are you?” she asked in bewilderment.

“You don’t really have to know who I am right now,” he replied and looked down at Tae Min anxiously. “We have to get him out of here. That blood is not doing him any good.”

“Yeah...yeah I know,’ Ji Yoon said in a daze. “But I’m still not satisfied. Who was that guy just now? He’s a 2PM member, isn’t he?”

Was a member,” he corrected her sheepishly. “Look, there are still a few others out there alive. We have to go now.”

He started to reached down and give Tae Min a helping hand. But before he could even touch the injured guy’s hand, he suddenly dropped to the ground on his knees, his face scrunching up in pain with his eyes rolled back in agony.

Ji Yoon jumped back startled, clearly horrified with what was going on in front of her. Wasn’t he fine just a moment ago? What happen -?

Then she heard it. A distinctive silent bullet passing through the air and hitting the guy’s back for the second time. He managed to grab onto Ji Yoon’s hand as he was falling down, pulling her together with him.

Run...” he told her in a hoarse whisper. “...take him and get away now...”

“No...no,” Ji Yoon was confused now. More than ever. She thought she had just been awarded with a companion, someone she could finally trust. Why was he taken away from her so soon?

His grip on her was starting to loosen now, his hand slipping down slowly as he tried to fight for every single breath. Ji Yoon held him closely for comfort. She could hear footsteps approaching but she couldn’t move. She was frozen in her spot. All the techniques that she had learnt during trainings were momentarily forgotten.

She then heard someone started clapping their hands together from behind the shadows.

“Round of applause for you, Junho. Never thought you’d be the one to betray me. I should’ve known from the start right?”

That voice....why does it sound so familiar?

Ji Yoon could practically hear her heart pounding out loud as she lifted her eyes and looked directly into the man’s gaze.

Junsu...

No, it couldn’t be happening.

What the hell was going on here?

She glanced down at Junho, asking for some sort of explanation, anything. She’d take anything now. But he just gave her an apologetic look as he whispered a painful ‘I’m sorry’ before letting out his last breath.

Now...she has never felt so alone in her whole life before.

“Ji Yoon-ah...come on now. Don’t cry baby. I’m not going to hurt you.”

She held her breath as he crouched down right in front of her. She remained silent even when he lifted up her chin with his finger, urging for her to meet his eyes.

“Why...” she managed to croak out. “Why are you doing this?”

“Hmm, I don’t know. Perhaps it’s because...they were getting in our way?”

Despite of feeling afraid of what he might do to her, she still challenges him with an intense stare.

“You must be out of your mind.”

He let out a soft chuckle as he reached out his hand to her face tenderly. Ji Yoon shuddered at his touch but she willed herself to remain expressionless. She couldn’t show him any emotions.

Just then Ji Yoon noticed there was another guy approaching them. He was big and burly in size, someone she definitely doesn’t want to mess with. She watches him carefully as he communicate with Junsu through his eyes and then nodded in understament.

He walked over and stopped directly behind her. Placing both hands underneath her arms, he pulled her up roughly; causing Junho’s lifeless body to fall onto the ground with a soft thud.

“What are you doing? Let me go!”

Junsu stood up too with a cunning smirk playing on his lips. He shook his head slightly as he chuckled once again.

“Ji Yoonie, it’s not me you’re supposed to be afraid of. I love you. I won’t hurt you.”

She wanted to spat onto his face so badly. If only she could rip that smirk off his face, she would. She was utterly disgusted with the man she had once loved.

“This is not love Junsu. This is an obsession! You should know why I left you.”

A tight slap flew across Ji Yoon’s face, causing her cheek to redden instantly.

“You should know better than to say those things to me,” he brought his face closer to her and hissed threateningly. “And you really shouldn’t have left me back then.”

Ji Yoon turned her face away and tried to free herself from the other guy’s grip but his hold on her was too tight. Too strong and forceful. Her woman’s strength was not enough to help her.

She could feel Junsu’s lips against her face now as it travelled down slowly and disturbingly, searching for . She cringed away in response, the tears already stinging in her eyes. Please...won’t someone come and save her from this hell or something...

“Step away from my girlfriend, you .”

Chul Yong...his voice sounded just like an angel right at that moment. She felt her spirits lifting up a little. Perhaps there was still hope after all.

She opened her eyes and she sighed in relief when she saw his comforting face filled her view. He tried to offer her a reassuring smile but it was hard when you’re up against a mad man who’s thirsting for your blood.

Nevertheless, she was still glad to have him there in the same room.

Chul Yong held up a handgun which was aimed directly for Junsu’s forehead. The two men stood opposing of each other as they started to circle the room.

“Nice of you to join us here. I’ve been waiting for the day where I can finally meet you face to face. Now that I’ve done so, I know that I’ve been right all these while. You are not worthy of Ji Yoon at all.”

Chul Yong scoffed in response.

“What makes you think so highly of yourself? She wouldn’t have left you if you were so perfect, would she?” he replied back coolly.

Apparently, Junsu must’ve hated the word ‘left’ so much. His face was now masked with so much hatred that it was almost scary to even look at him now. Ji Yoon averted her eyes away uncomfortably.

“You’re a skilled sniper aren’t you?” Junsu sneered, changing the topic completely. “Why are you here instead of being where you really belong? And are you sure you can fire that handgun? Doesn’t it rattle your confidence?”

Ji Yoon tried to send mental messages to her boyfriend.

Don’t let him get to you. He’s just trying to taunt you so that you’ll be distracted.

“I just want to kill you right now,” he said in a deadly voice.

“Really? Well, you should’ve done so from just now instead of wasting your time talking about unimportant stuffs.”

Before any of them had any chance to react, Junsu fired a shot which hit Chul Yong’s right arm in a surprise attack. The gun that he was holding flew out of his grasp as he stumbled back a few steps. He bit his lips hard to stop himself from screaming out loud due to the sharp pain jolting up his arm.

“Chul Yong!” Ji Yoon cried out in despair as she watched the former kneeled down helplessly, holding on to his wound with his fine hand.

“Why? Does it pain you watching him get hurt?” Junsu shot back angrily. “Well then, I hope this doesn’t break your heart.”

He shot Chul Yong once again, this time on his right leg, right above his knee.

“Argh!” He couldn’t hold it back any longer as he let out an anguished cry. He toppled over, now lying on the ground on his back, gripping on to his new wound.

“Stop it!” Ji Yoon cried out hysterically, struggling hard to free herself now. “Please Junsu. It’s me that you want. Please, do not hurt him. I’m begging you.”

“Huh,” he scoffed. “I told you. I’d get rid all of those who tries to get in my way. Why should I let them live? Especially him.”

He stood right above Chul Yong now, towering over the injured guy with the gun pointed at the centre of his head.

“You’ve caused me so much misery, so much trouble. Do you know that?! Say goodbye to Ji Yoon now. You won’t ever get the chance again.”

Even through his agony, all that he could think of was getting Ji Yoon out of there. He couldn’t let her stay with this insane guy. God knows what he would do to her.

“Go ahead if you want to kill me...” he said in a breathless voice. His hand was still clutched onto his leg, blood gushing out from the open wound through his fingers. He was losing a lot of it. And he was getting weaker by the second.

“...but you have to let Ji Yoon go.”

Jebal...” he heard Ji Yoon whimpering like a lost child. “Junsu...hajima. Don’t do this, I beg you.”

All of a sudden, without a warning, she heard a loud shot coming from behind her followed by Junsu dropping to the ground on his knees, groaning in pain.

Ji Yoon whirled around and saw her brother’s pissed off face greeting her. She noticed the black gun in his hand. So he was the one who had taken the shot at Junsu. Behind him, she saw Byung Hee, Jun Hyung and Gi Kwang even following close behind.

“Nobody hurts my friends and get away with it,” he said in a low, menacing tone as he approached the fallen figure slowly.

Byung Hee in turn, faced the guy who was holding on to her and gave him a deathly glare.

“Do you want to let her go or do I have to make you to?”

He was no fool. Jun Hyung and Gi Kwang both had their weapons aimed at him. He knows he wouldn’t be able to get out of the place alive anyway. He released her harshly, shoving her towards Byung Hee and then tried to make a run for it.

But he didn’t even make it past the door. A disturbing sound came from Gi Kwang’s revolver and a second later, the guy dropped dead on the floor, just a few feet away from making his exit.

“Are you okay?” Byung Hee asked her out of concern as he help her stand up steadily on her feet.

“I-i’m fine,” she stammered but her gaze fell on the scene that was about to unfold before her. Just then, she realised something out of the corner of her eye.

“Tae Min! Please guys, you have to get him out of here. He needs immediate help.”

Jun Hyung and Gi Kwang were already making their way towards the injured officer.

“We’ll take care of him. But will you guys be okay?” Jun Hyung asked.

Byung Hee nodded his head grimly.

“I think we’ll be fine. Get him to Seung Ho and Doo Joon. Bring him to the hospital quick. So Hyun’s working today, she’ll know what to when she sees you guys. We’ll leave in Joon’s car later.”

He appeared so calm and composed; so confident that they will be able to escape this hurdle just fine. Ji Yoon didn’t believe in anything anymore. She couldn’t even concentrate on anything else as she trudged over towards where Chul Yong was lying down helplessly. But before she could take another step, she felt Byung Hee’s two hands on her shoulders, stopping her from doing so.

“Stay here. It’s still not safe yet.”

“Chul Yong needs help!”

“Your brother knows what he’s doing.”

Gi Kwang cast one last hopeful glance at the other guys before the three of them made their way out of the room, with Jun Hyung and him balancing Tae Min’s weight between them.

Chang Sun suddenly fired another shot at Junsu’s other leg.

“And nobody messes with my sister that way.”

The man was clearly mentally delusional. He could still laugh out loud even at times like this. Junsu shook his head, as though he could not believe  this was actually happening to him.

In fact, he still dared to point his gun at Chul Yong’s head, his hunger for revenge still not satisfied yet.

“I can’t believe you would do this. Even after all those times, I still respected you. Even after what you put my sister through...I can’t believe you would resort to this.”

Junsu chuckled softly.

“Trust me. If I had known you are her brother, I’d have killed you sooner.”

Chang Sun pressed the muzzle of his gun deeper into the back of Junsu’s head.

“But now...I’ll get rid of him first. We shall have our duel later?”

Ji Yoon let out a desperate cry.

“Junsu! Don’t hurt him!”

“I’m sorry sweetheart. This is the only we can be together.”

And at once, two thunderous bangs echoed across the room.