Eighteen.

Deceptions

 

“The victim’s name is Kim Soo Hyuk, 17 years of age,” Eun Jung reported to both of her colleagues who had just taken a look at the bloodied lifeless body lying in the middle of a deserted alley. “Cause of death is still undetermined, but there were two slashes found on both of his arms and another straight cut sliced through his abdomen. We also found a bullet hole punctured through the upper left side of his chest. I’m betting on the clear shot.”

“With wounds like that, it’s no wonder he died from too much loss of blood,” Ji Yoon cringed unwillingly as the deceased was placed on a stretcher with his whole body covered from head to toe. The three of them watched in silence as the body was being wheeled away by the paramedics.

“Was there any witness?” Jun Su asked after they hauled the body of the young kid into the ambulance and slammed the doors shut. “Any passer-by who could’ve seen or heard something?”

Eun Jung shook her head solemnly.

“None has come forward. But I doubt so. This place is pretty secluded. The killer was smart to have dumped the body here where no one would’ve suspected anything.”

“Who called it in?” Ji Yoon questioned as she took a look around the isolated surrounding. Jun Su did the same beside her.

“A road sweeper who usually comes by here to clean this place up occasionally. He came by here at around 5pm, his usual timing. Halfway through his work, the poor old man got the shock of his life when he saw the dead body,” Eun Jung shuddered slightly. Ji Yoon eyed her partner concernedly. It seems like she was taking this whole case a bit too personally.

“Poor kid,” Jun Su shook his head regretfully. “He’s still so young. Still have a long way up ahead of him. We have to find this person, whoever did this to him.”

Ji Yoon and Eun Jung exchanged brief looks; neither of them needed to say anything to know what the other was thinking.

Jun Su is their team-mate, but they can never let their guard down around him.

 

“Another guy had just been found dead awhile ago,” Doo Joon informed the guys the second he stepped inside the room after coming back from the workshop. “Eun Jung called me just now to ask if it was any of us.”

“Ah noona shouldn’t say that,” Dong Woon joked lightly. “What if it had been really one of us?”

That earned him a smack on the back from Jun Hyung.

“Ouch hyung!” Dong Woon jerked forward. “What was that for?”

“You’re the one who shouldn’t say nonsensical things!” Hyun Seung chided him, shaking his head disapprovingly. “Maknae, what are we going to do with you?”

Dong Woon just shrugged his shoulders innocently.

“I was just saying!”

“Do we know the victim?” Seung Ho turned to look at Doo Joon; who in return just shook his head in response.

“I don’t know yet. They are still investigating the case. But I’ve a feeling; it might be one of those new gangs who are still trying to venture out on their own. They might just be a little too excited about things.”

“Crazy,” Byung Hee muttered in disbelief. “Are all gangs about killings and power nowadays?”

“That’s what I’d like to find out too,” Jun Hyung agreed. “When we first got together, killing isn’t part of our ritual. Even though at times, we are forced to kill due to some reasons.”

“But we don’t kill unnecessarily,” Hyun Seung insisted, pumping his fist onto the white table. “This is getting out of hand. Do you think the same gang who’s after us; is also the one who killed the guy?”

“It’s possible,” Seung Ho nodded and pursed his lips hard together. “They might be angry about what we had done the other day and now venting out their anger at those weaker ones.”

“So how are we going to defeat them?” Gi Kwang who had been keeping quiet throughout the conversation finally spoke up. “Can we get rid of them for good?”

Instinctively, all eyes turned towards Chang Sun, who was leaning back in his seat, lost in his own thoughts. Chul Yong nudged him lightly by the side and he snapped back to attention immediately.

“So what do you think about this whole thing Joon?” Seung Ho asked him seriously. “Is there any way for us to settle this once and for all?”

Chang Sun just gave him a small smirk.

“Aren’t you the leader? You and Doo Joon should call the shots.”

“But you’re the mastermind Joon,” Seung Ho replied calmly, returning back his smile with one of his own wise one. “You’ll know how to plan this right.”

Chang Sun pushed himself up and leaned forward in the seat, clasping his two hands together. His eyes travelled slowly, from one guy to the other; starting with their two maknaes Chul Yong and Dong Woon, to their two leaders Seung Ho and Doo Joon.

Never did he imagine that this day would come; where MBLAQ and BEAST would have to combine forces and defeat an even more greater and powerful enemy.

Resting his gaze on Gi Kwang’s grave expression, Chang Sun thought to himself; would they all be able to work well together?

He was aware that Chul Yong had gone exceptionally quiet when they’ve invited the BEAST guys to join in the discussion. Chang Sun knows that his dongsaeng was battling with his own personal emotions having Gi Kwang there in the same room.

And that made him worried.

Because one wrong move, just one wrong move; could cost them everything they lived for – especially their loved ones.

“I think for now, we should lie down quietly,” he began slowly and almost instantly, was attacked with a protest from Hyun Seung.

“That’s just delaying the whole process! What if they decide to launch another attack on us?”

Seung Ho, Byung Hee and Chul Yong who knew where he was heading with this just kept silent. They knew Chang Sun was right. Crazy as it sounds; it was actually the right thing to do. If they retort back with an attack of their own now, it could just make matters worst and probably, more lives would be lost.

“Trust me,” Chang Sun replied confidently. “They won’t. Especially now that they know we’re on the same side. And if it’s true they had killed the other guy, the police would be on their tails too. They are going to go in hiding too.”

“So what do we do now?” it was Doo Joon’s turn to ask.

Chang Sun rested back in his seat, folding his arms together in front of him.

We watch and wait.”

 

Micheoseo?!” Jun Su demanded, looking at his gang members one by one with an enraged expression on his face. His two fists were clenched tightly by the sides, his knuckles turning white already. His chest was heaving up and down heavily as he tried to keep his anger under control. But it was definitely hard for him to do so.

Mian...hyung...” Chan Sung apologised meekly with his head hung down low. “I...I was just frustrated at the MBLAQ guys. I had to take it out on someone.”

Jun Su sauntered over towards him and stood just a few inches away from the younger guy. He lifted Chan Sung’s chin up with the back of his hand roughly, forcing the guilty-stricken guy to meet his raging eyes.

“You’re out of your mind!” Jun Su hissed angrily, shoving himself into Chan Sung’s face. “Do you know that? What if the police succeed in tracing it back to you? What if they find out about this gang? You’re going to get all of us in trouble!”

Hyung...Chan Sung didn’t mean to. That guy provoked him. He had it coming hyung,” Woo Young piped in from beside him, with hopes of helping his friend escape Jun Su’s wrath. But as soon as Jun Su turned to look at him murderously, Woo Young wished he hadn’t opened his mouth to say anything. If looks could kill, he’d be lying dead by Jun Su’s feet right now.

“Do you expect me to clean up your mess now?” Jun Su asked Chan Sung threateningly, shoving the guy by the shoulder slightly. “Do you expect me to clean up for you?!”

Hyung...” another voice spoke up.

“What?!” Jun Su bellowed, ready to hit anyone nearest to him now. Chan Sung backed away in fear.

“We’ll split up for the time being,” Jun Ho suggested, stepping forward bravely. “They’ll have a harder time tracking us down that way, if anything happens.”

“But what about those MBLAQ guys? We aren’t done with them yet right?” Nichkhun asked in confusion.

Huh,” Jun Su scoffed, retreating back a few steps which made Chan Sung sighed in relief. He silently thanked Nichkhun and Jun Ho for the distraction.

“I’m not really interested with their group now,” Jun Su continued in a low voice, with a distant look on his face. “There’s only one of them who I have scores to settle with.”

“Who?” being the curious one, Woo Young couldn’t help but ask even though he knew it was risky seeing how angry Jun Su was with them at the moment.

Surprisingly, their leader didn’t snap back, didn’t even shoot him a deadly glare like he had done earlier. In fact, Jun Su was smiling cynically; which made Woo Young shudder all the same.

Bang Chul Yong.”

 

Thanks for all the encouragement guys :)