seven

The Last Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         

               Its Saturday meaning there will be no class and if there's no classes, students are out to have fun, to relax or to hang out with your friends or family. But not this weekend because next week there will upcoming tests. Students have to struggle to review their notes and you’re one of them.

               You’re in your last year in high school. You can’t slack around anymore when there are upcoming tests. No more cramming every morning before taking your exams. You have to be more serious and focus in every subject you are taking. Despite in every struggles and stress you are experiencing, in the end it will be all worth it because you can get into any universities you like (as long as you are qualified of their standards) and your parents will be proud of you.

               You haven't decided yet what will you do after graduation. Sure you'll be attending college yet you were still unsure what field you're getting in. Your parents will let you decide what course you're getting. Hence your father wanted you to go to back to China and attend your college there. He was against when you decided to move in Korean and attend your middle school to high school there. Because just like all the fathers out there, your dad is also a very protective father to his daughter. Because one, you're a girl and two you're the only child they have. Your mother agreed to accompany you to stay in Korea (even though you have your aunt to take care of you, your dad is still not satisfied). Your grandparents are still living so you don't have to be worry about your dad being lonely. Once in a month your mom will go back to China to check if everything are okay there. She'll stay for five days in China and sometimes she'll excuse you in school for you to come with her.

               Shaking off your thoughts away, you focused on the textbook in front of you. You still have months to think for those things anyway.

 

               You groaned and sighed as time passed. Leaning back on your seat and stare at the ceiling, you were getting bored. You stood up and stretched your tired limbs. "A little snack will help" you muttered to yourself and went down. When you opened the cold treat was not there anymore. "Jongin," you mumbled the culprit's name after groaning.

              Jongin always steals your cold treats everytime theres upcoming tests because just like you, his also getting frustrated while studying. Hence you always tell to him to buy for himself however he will never listen.

               Wearing your shoes, mother’s Jongin spotted you. "Lets me guess, going to the convinient store?" you only looked at her, wondering how she knows. The older one chuckled, "I know Jongin stole your treats again. I caught him dashing in his room earlier."

               "I’ll let him slip this time because I know he’s working his off to study our lessons.” You laughed and so did she. "I'll be quick" you pecked your aunt's cheek and went

              As you walked, someone tapped your shoulder. You turned around and faced a tall figure. "Where are you going?" the latter asked.

               "O-oh, Yifan. Hi" you bashful smiled at him. "I'm going to the convenient store to buy some snacks."

               "I can accompany you there." He offered.

               "Sure but aren't you supposed to be studying? You have many lessons to catch up." You asked and yet both of you are started to walk.

               "I was, and then I saw you coming out of your house. Wearing that" he eyed you from head to toe.

               Since you were home and it was hot, you were wearing a a singlet and shorts. You didn't bother to change your clothes since the store is only two blocks away from your house. "There are many erts wondering around here you know."

               "And you're one of them?" you joked.

               A smirked then formed in his lips as he wrapped his arm around your shoulders, "I can be a ert, just for you." Crimson red started to creep to your cheeks when you heard him say those words. “Oh you are blushing.” He teased.

              “I am not!” you cupped your cheek with your other while the other slapped his chest lightly. “Its hot, thats why.” You reasoned and tried not to stutter.

              However the smirk on his lips didn’t go away. “Sure”

              After sending him a glare you went ahead of him. You heard him laughed and tried to catch up with you and teased you more. “Go away Fan!”

 

 

* * *

              Kris can’t stand but to watch Lei while walking to the convenient store. The girl kept on talking about random things as they walked. Kris is thankful that his bestfriend wasn’t awkward around him. He imagined that Lei will be silent when they are alone together since they were apart for couple of years. He also notice that you don’t talk much in school. Yet there you are being opened to him, not hesitating to talk.

              “You know what we should start conversing in Korean, since we’re staying.” Kris went back to his senses when you poked his arm.

              He broke into smile and nodded his head. “You should start calling me Kris too.” He talked in Korean. His Korean was still broken and you found it cute.

              You shook your head, “No, I’m still calling you Yifan.” Sticking out your tongue in teasing way.

              He let out heartfelt chuckle and ruffled your hair. He knew you’ll get annoyed when people touched your hair and he was right when the girl sent him a glare while fixing her hair.

 

              Entering the convenient store Kris get a basket and followed you around. Lei put some bags of chips, three bucket of ice cream and chocolate drinks in the basket.

              “You’re going to eat these all?” He asked, baffled at the amount food of you kept on putting in the basket he was.

              You let out a soft chuckle. “Silly, I’ll give some to Jongin, since he’s working his off. He keeps on stealing my snack.” You pouted. The latter found it cute. “And you too. Go pick anything you like. My treat.”

              “Its okay. I brought my money with me.” Kris declined in a kindly manner.

              “I insist. Let me treat you for once.” you pouted and its hard for him to resist that image of hers. You’re not good at doing aegyo, you were just naturally cute that guys can’t help to resist.

              Letting out a sigh, he nodded and agreed. He doesn’t easily fall for someone’s aegyo but you were an exception (and Tao). You still have that effect on him.

 

              After paying, you went out of the store. Kris insisted on carrying the plastic that was full of food. You also bought two ice creams in cone, for you two to eat as you stroll back home.

              Kris halt making you look at him. He went closer to the fruits stall. Leijin watched him as he buy fruits, she raised a brow when take a glimpsed of a certain fruit he hates to eat.

              He jogged towards you with two plastics in his hands. “Lets go.”

              “So you like to eat strawberries now?” You asked as you your ice cream.

              When he was little boy he never liked the taste of strawberry, he likes to eat the artificial flavors of that fruit but never the real fruit. He ate a really sour one before and after that he’s not fond of eating it but now.

              He shook his head and smiled. “Then why did you bought them in the first place if you don-“

              “Its for you” he cut your sentence. You blinked your eyes at him, confused. “You like these berries right?” You nodded. “Then they’re all yours.”

              You softly smiled at him. “Thanks.” You two smiled to each other and continue on walking.

 

              Kris kept on glancing at you as you your ice cream in cone. Lei was enjoying eating her ice cream like a kid and he can’t help but to smile at her cute image.

              He noticed the some guys who were passing by was also looking at you or more like checking you out but you were too oblivious by it. Something stirred inside in his stomach when he noticed those eyes. They were like predators eyeing they prey and Kris was starting to boil up because of that. He doesn’t like it when someone eyed a girl like that especially you.

              Who wouldn’t check you out? You were wearing a singlet which was perfectly fit on your upper body making your curves of yours visible for there eyes. It also shows a bit of your cleavage. Your shorts were not helping either, your milky thighs are can be seen and those perky butts of yours were very noticeable. You were not that petite neither fat. Lets just say you have the body to die for.

              ‘Damn, how can she eats so carefree like that when many guys are mentally eating her?’ Kris groaned making you look up to him. “Nothing” he only smiled before wrapping his arm around your waist. You didn’t mind when he did that. (You tried not to mind it.)

              Kris threw dagger glares those guys who were looking at you. Some tried to hit on you but when they saw Kris whose arm wrapped around your waist they retreated. They got insecure when they saw him.

              ‘Damn, that hot chick already has a hot boyfriend. Tss’ Most all of those guys have the same thoughts when they saw Kris’ arm wrapped around your middle part.

              “Hey your ice cream

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter