five

The Last Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blue text - Mandarin

{:Library:}

 

               You found Kris sitting on one of the empty table, at the end of the corner in the library. With head on top of his, arms that are crossed on the table while eyes are closed. You walk closer to him and called his name softly. You pouted when he didn’t response or even move.

               “That’s why” you chuckled when you realized that there are earphones in his ear. You bend a little to get closer to his face. Kris was sleeping peacefully. His mouth was a little agape. His breathing is steady. You smiled at how cute he was.

               You lean closer and studied his facial features. Long eyelashes, fined-sculptured sharp nose and slightly plump lips. You stared at his slightly apart lips for a while. His lips were natural pinkish. You wondered how soft his lips are. Like someone is controlling your own body, you carefully lift up your hand and touch his lips with your index finger. As expected, they were soft under your touch. You smiled and traced his lips.

               “Its soft. I wonder whats like if I kis-“ You didn’t continue what you are about to say. You shook your head, “No no no”. You straighten up. Crimson red started to creep to your cheeks. “What am I doing?” you mumbled and mentally scold yourself for doing that.

               You’re lucky that no one is around to see what you just did and its a good thing that Kris was in deep slumber. You placed your things across him. Turning around and walked towards the shelves to get some books you’ll be needing. You keep on patting your red cheeks. You scanned the shelves when you finally relaxed.

               When you’re done getting the books you need, you went back to the table, where Kris’ sleeping. Yet, he wasn’t sleeping at all and now was fully awake. He stretched his limbs and rubbed his eyes.

               “Hi” he smiled when he saw you standing there.

               “O-oh, you’re a-awake.” You tried not to stuttered yet you failed. You took the seat in front of him. “Did you sleep well?” You asked as you opened a book.

               He nodded and smiled. You smiled in return before turning your attention to the book. He watched you as you flipped the pages of the book. You looked up to him. “What?”

               “Nothing” he shook his head and leaned to his chair. “Your features never change at all. You’re still ugly.”

               “Ugly?” you raised a brow. “That’s new. Almost boys here are saying I’m pretty, cute or beautiful.” You boasted.

               Kris smirked in return, “They’re lying then.”

               You scoffed, “Well, don’t you know that you still look like an ogre? A giant ogre that is.”

               “Me? Look like an ogre?” he pointed to himself. You nodded. “Little girl, you need an eye check up. If I look like an ogre, girls wouldn’t be falling for me.”

               “My eyes are perfectly fine” you showed your eye-smile to him. “And what are you talking about girls falling for you?”

               “Look” Kris turned to the girls at the other side of the room. There are group of girls standing at the door way. He sent them a smile, it was only a quick smile but it made those girls squealed and some even dramatically faint. You gaped at the scene. He turned his attention to you, “Told you. Girls are always falling for my charms.”

               “Not me” you rolled your eyes and started to write the important details from the book. Kris victoriously smirked once again and leaned to his chair, watching you write.

               “So what are you doing here?” he asked.

               “Catching up some lessons in physics and math” you sighed. You like numbers but it never likes you back. You caught the glimpsed of him nodding. “You seem tired, go back to sleep. Don’t worry I’ll be quiet.” You gave him a smile while he chuckled in return and ducked his head in his folded arms. Going back to slumber once more.

 

 

               Seven minutes later, noised can be heard inside the library. Looking around you found that the room is half-full of girls. Girls that were ogling at the person in front of you. You looked at Kris, who was now leaning to his chair, eyes were still closed and earphones are into his ear again. You smiled a little and went back to your work, ignoring the people around.

               You felt someone threw a piece of paper to your head. You looked at your back, there you saw the same girls you encountered last time. They were sending you death glares. Rolling your eyes at them and ignoring there glares you went back to your work. Nothing good will happen if you confronted them anyway. Beside even though you fight back they will never stop bothering you and it will cost you more trouble. Unless you’re not hanging out with their oppas anymore. That time, maybe they’ll stop.

               You frowned as another paper landed on your head again. You knew who threw it and it starting to tick you off. You can’t concentrate at what you were doing because of the noise. The librarian is out for a faculty meeting so no one will discipline the students to behave.

              You closed your eyes and clenched your hands into fists. Trying not to outburst your anger. You tried to calm yourself with taking a deep breath while eyes are close. The truth is, you hate when you’re surrounded by people especially when their attention are drawn to you.

               “Do you know that a library is a quiet place, so people can study peaceful?” You looked up to Kris. His are still clos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter