three

The Last Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               You were still asleep when your mom opened your door. She was expecting you to be awaken by now, whereas you always early to wake up. She stalked toward your side, sat down on the bed and called your name while shaking your shoulder. But you just groaned in annoyance and stirred in your sleep. You mom shook you again, to wake you up.

​               You groaned and said, "Five more minutes, mom." You then covered your face with your other pillow. Your mom heaved a sigh and stood up.

​               "Arrasso, I'll come back in five minutes then." She didn't get any response from you though. She shook her head and went outside.

​               Jongin woke early today, whereas he needed fetch Kyungsoo and copy his math homework. He wanted to ask you last night, to teach him how to solve the problems, but you were to busy, doing your task that your teacher has given to you. You also, finished it late by night which as Kai is already asleep.

​               After eating his meal, he stood up before he walked pass your mom, he greeted her good morning.

​               He felt something is missing. He turned his heels and asked. "Where is Lei Jin, auntie? Is she gone early to school?"

​               Your mom heaved a sigh, "She's still on bed."

​               Kai knitted his brows, "She'd probably sleep late last night."

​               "You are probably right." Your mom pursed his lips. "I'll just wake her up again later."

​               Kai nodded, "I'll go now, auntie." He bowed.

​               "Take care," she smiled at her nephew.

 

​               Kai grab his bag from the couch and headed outside. He was texting Kyungsoo that he was on his way, when he saw Kris was also coming out from their house.

​               "Ayo Kris hyung!" He greeted while waving his hand.

​               "Hey," Kris smiled and closed their gates. He glanced at the back of Kai. "Where's Lei Jin?"

​               "She's still on bed," Kai replied. "That girl," he mumbled. "She always accept the orders from the teacher, even if she's been sleeping late at nights."

​               "She always does that?"

​               "Yup," Kai let out a sighed. "She always finished the tasks that the teacher tells her. And damn those teachers! We know Lei is kind and obedient girl but they shouldn't take advantage of it!"

​               Its true, being one of the top students in your class, makes you do anything what your teachers order you. You don't want to ruin your reputation to them.

​               "Anyway, you want to walk with me to school? I'm going to fetch the others on the way there." Kai offered.

​               "Maybe next time," Kris refused. "I remember I need to do something first."

​               Kai nodded, "Okay then. See you at school hyung." Kai waved and dashed to fetch the others.

​               Kris look at your room's window and let out sighed. He walked towards Kai's house door and knocked. After a few seconds, mom's Kai gets the door for him.

​               "Good morning, Mrs. Kim." He greeted her with a sweet smile.

​               "Why, good morning to you too, Kris. Free to call me auntie," She smiled back.

​               "Is Lei Jin still here?" He asked, even though he knew you were still there. Just mom's Kai was about to answer, your mom walked down from the stairs and saw Kris.

​               "Oh Kris. Perfect timing!" she walked towards them.

​               "Good morning auntie." He bowed.

​               "She's looking for Lei Jin," Kai's mom said to your mom.

​               "Come with me, she's still on her room." She dragged Kris before he can speak. Mrs. Kim shook his head at her younger sister and closed the front door.

 

​               Your mom dragged Kris towards your bedroom. She opened the door and walked inside, Kris tailing from behind. She then saw your sleeping figure, though he can't see your face because your covering it with your pillow.

​               "I've been trying to wake her up, but she's to stubborn to oblige." Your mom stated. "So, care to wake her up. She might be late for school and you always wake her up."

​               Kris smiled to your mom, remembering what he always do in the past. Every time you are to stubborn to rise from bed, Kris will go to your room and wake you up. And he never failed to that.

​               "Kris, is it fine to you?" your mom questioned.

​               "Of course auntie. I'll make this stubborn girl to wake up." Kris grinned. You mom smiled before leaving you two.

 

​               When your mom closed the door of your room, Kris looked around. As always you room was still neat and well organized. He looked at your study table and saw the papers that your teacher told you to re-arrange it for him.

​               Kris sits besides you. He slowly removes the pillow from your face and he succeeded. He smiled at your peaceful sleeping face. You stirred from your sleep, turning to face Kris. He removed the strays of your hair from your face and tucked them behind of your ear. He taped your nose.

              "Hey, sleepy head. Rise and shine." He said.

              "Five more minutes, mom." You groaned.

              Kris chuckled, "Silly, but I'm not auntie. Its me, Kris. Wake up now or we’ll be going late for school."

              "Kris?" you slowly opened your eyes, adjusting it from the morning light. As your eyes are fully open, you saw Kris staring down at you with a sweet smile plastered on his lips.

              "Good morning."

              You smiled at him, "Good-" your eyes widens and pushed Kris off the bed.

              "Oww~" he groaned.

              "What are you doing here?" you pulled your blanket over your chest.

              "Well," he stood up and dusted his pants. "Your mom told me to wake you up."

              "Oh," you mouthed. You noticed him, groaning and rubbing his hurt . "Hey, you okay?"

              He eyed you, "You just pushed me off bed."

              "Well, sorry. It’s not my fault. I just saw a guy on my bed while I'm sleeping and only I'm wearing a singlet. What do you think I'll do? Of course I'll push him away." You stated.

              He rolled his eyes, "Please, I already saw you in that."

              "Yeah. Six years ago." You scoffs before glaring at him.

              "Yeah, yeah." He waved his hands. "Don't stare at me like that." He covered your eyes.

​               You removed his hand. "Yah!"

              He chuckles, "Go and take a shower, we only have twenty minutes before the bell rings."

              "Shoot!" You dashed out from your bed. Kris chuckled before sitting on your bed once again. You got your towel that was hanging at the back of your door. You closed your door and dashed in the bathroom, leaving Kris inside of your room.

 

              Kris stood up from the bed and look around of your room. He looked at the pictures that was displayed on your study table. There was a photo of you with your parents. Another photo of you was sitting on a bench around the park, while looking at the children who are playing in front of you. You aren't looking at the camera, though you are smiling warmly.

             Kris smiled as he stared at your photo. Then one photo caught his attention, it was you and Kris, when you were still kids. You two were sitting on the sand, at the beach with a wide smile plastered on your both faces. Kris’ smiled went wider.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter