nine

The Last Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Short update! Read the author’s note}

 

              Day by day the new students who came from China are getting more popular. Not only in your school but they are also getting known to other schools. Hence there are advantages and disadvantages of being popular.

              The advantages are, they had coped up with the environment and to the people who surrounds them in a short time period. People treat them nicely. The opposite of these advantages are, there are people (mostly girls) who wouldn’t leave them alone, making them annoyed at some times.

              You on the other hand, your life were still the same. People like/love and hate you at the same time. They hate you for being close to the popular kids in the neighborhood. They talk bad things behind your back yet you didn’t give a damn care about it. You still treat them nicely even though them being nice is a only a facade. So the hate turns to like, because you never fight back. Though there are still girls who are pretty jealous of you.

 

              Your teacher was out because of a faculty meeting nevertheless your class wasn’t rowdy because the school body president was with them. Hence there are still talking and crazily laughing out loud and the school body president was okay with it as long as no one is running nor getting out of the room.

              With your head resting on your folded arms on top of your desk, you stared outside of the window, watching the leaves danced with the breeze. Mister golden sun was hiding behind of those fluffy clouds making the atmosphere to be cooler and humid. This kind of weather is what you love the most, its not that hot nor cold.

              Your eyelids were getting heavier and were about to close them when someone knocked making everyone shut their tongues and turned to the intruder. Technically not everyone because half of the girls giggled at the young man who came in. You already know who just knocked because of that.

              “Everyone listen up, our advisers are still in the conference room and they said, us seniors, will go to the field.” It was Kyungsoo, the student body vice president. Kyungsoo is a silent type of kind of a guy. He rarely interacts with other people aside of his friends and teachers.

              “And do what there?” Someone asked from you class.

              Shrugging his narrow shoulders. “Its better staying there and enjoyed the cool environment than being stuck here right?” Everyone agreed and they started to go out. You on the other hand don’t want to leave the room. You wanted to sleep yet thinking about the cool breeze you decided to go out as well and the fact that wouldn’t allow anyone to stay behind.

              Kris watched you carefully as made your way out alone. Because of sleepiness you had forgot about him, not just him but also your other boy friends.

              “What’s wrong with your pretty cousin?” Yixing asked Jongin as they follow the students in front of them. “She’s been quiet in school yet when she’s with us alone she talks non-stop.” Yixing may be forgetful at times hence he’s good at observing people’s behavior.

              “Hmm Lei?” Jongin stared at your back figure. “Nothing is wrong with her. She's just like that.”

              “She looks lifeless again. Slept late again last night?” Sehun asked. Jongin only let out a sigh and nod as an answer. There are two reasons why you don't talk much. One is you don't interact with people much yet you do smile at them. Second is that you're not in the mood or lack of sleep.

              Chanyeol tried to go to you when Baekhyun pulled his uniform. “Let her be alone, dummy. She didn’t get enough sleep I bet she’s grumpy so don’t make it worst.” The tall guy glared at the shorter one for calling him dummy but nevertheless obliged and let you go.

              Kris’ too knows you slept late last night. He knew because when he goes to the bathroom to do his business he saw the lights of your room were still on. But he was pretty sure that that wasn't the problem. He noticed that whenever you're in school you don't talk that much. Unlike when you're out of school, your behavior is opposite on what you are showing right now. You don't have to say it but he already know what's your problem is.

 

              When the vice-president told you to be in the field, you on the other hand was at the school garden. Your classmates were playing some sports and you were not in the mood to play. Wanting some peace you went to the school garden instead. It was the perfect place to rest. You were surrounded by the gift of nature. Flowers and trees were around you. A gazebo was placed on the middle of the school garden. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter