sixteen

The Last Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               Cool breeze caressed your cheeks as you strolled down the street of the busy night of Seoul. The skirt you were wearing were still bit drenched, good thing that the blazer uniform that Chanyeol gave you had it hidden since it was too big for your size.

               The chimes can be heard once your feet had step in the familiar place thats filled with different kinds of books. Whiff of woodenly scent of papers and shelves lingers around the place. The atmosphere will make you comfortable and will keep you focus on your studies. Foods (just snacks) are allowed yet once you ruined a book you have to pay for it.

               A young lady greets you once walk in further in the room. The two males you were with greet the lady with warm smile, you on the other hand greeted her with a bear hug. After breaking the hug her eyes landed on your dimpled friend who was unfamiliar to her.

               “Oh this is Zhang Yixing” you introduced. “Yixing this Song Jaemi. She’s a year younger than us and goes to different school.” Yixing greeted her and the young lady bowed in respect for her senior.

               “Eonnie, why’s your..” she pointed at your outfit. “Park Chayeol” she read out loud the name that was embroidered on the uniform you were wearing.

               “We’ll leave you two alone” the tall guy patted your head and went off to find your friends.

 

               “Where’s Lei?” Sehun asked when Chanyeol and Yixing arrived at their table.

               “She’s with Jaemi.” Chanyeol pointed at your figure. All of their eyes trailed on your figure.

               Frowning, they can’t help but to throw questions to the two latter what happened. How did you end up being with them? Why are you dressed like that?

              Chanyeol and Yixing did promised you to not to tell Jongin on what happened and they did. They had kept their promise and told them they had found you drenched that’s why you’re wearing Yixing’s shirt.

              Thus two guys were keenly observing you. They saw it. They saw the forming bluish color on your arms when you had lowered the blazer you were wearing, showing it to Jaemi. Chanyeol and Yixing may not had lie, what they said were true, partly, even so Jongin can sense what was truly going on.

              “Who did that to her?” Suddenly the playfulness of Jongin dissolve from his face.

              “What?” Kyungsoo turned to his younger friend.

              “Who hurt her? Who hurt my cousin?” Jongin repeated and this time his playful smile dissolved from his lips. Confused the guys didn’t uttered any word making Jongin abruptly stood up from his seat.

               Chanyeol held his shoulder. “Don’t.”

               “Hyung, let go.” Jongin warned the older guy. “If you wouldn’t tell me, I’ll ask her instead.”

              Yixing tapped the bronze skin guy and said, “Calm down.”

                “Jongin, stop. Don’t make her bad about herself any further. She already had a rough day. Let her forget what happened earlier and let it slide. She also doesn’t want to talk about it.” Chanyeol tried to convinced your cousin but failed.

              “Forget?” Jongin hissed in anger. “She has ing forming bruises on her arms and you want me to stay calm?” He said with his gritted teeth.

              Chanyeol heaved a sigh. When Jongin is pissed he can’t stop but to blabber words that can hurt someone’s feelings and Chanyeol knows it (everybody that are close to him knows it).

              Stubbornly, Jongin shrugged Chanyeol’s hand from his shoulder and went towards you. Hence Chanyeol held firmly his arm and pulled him back.

              “Please Jongin. Let her be. This is the reason why she doesn’t want us to know that people are treating her like that. Can’t you see it? People are getting meaner when we warn them about hurting Lei. We’re just making them to hate her more.” Chanyeol explained, his tone was still calm.

              The new guys only listened, not comprehending what they are talking about. They glanced at your figure when they heard the word bruise and they can’t distinguish the forming bluish color on your fair skin since it was covered by the blazer.

              Jongin glared at the older guy however in the end he gave up and heaved out a sigh. It was the same thing that you wanted to explain to him on the other night when you had a talk. Thanks to Chanyeol, someone made Jongin to realize it.

               “I’ll go to Leijin” Sehun broke the ice when no one spoke.

               “Tss” Baekhyun scoffed. “You just want to talk to Jaemi.”

               “I do not. She’s not worthy of Oh Sehun’s time.”

                Junmyeon rolled his eyes at his younger friend. “You kept on talking about her when we’re alone.” Sehun glared at his older friend. “Oh that was supposed to be our secret.” The youngest groaned.

              “Jaemin?” Luhan mumbled, trying to remember something. “Song Jaemin?” Baekhyun nodded. “Hey Sehun, is that the girl you are complaining whenever you call me?”

              Jongin scoffed taking his a seat. “And you said he’s not worthy of Oh Sehun’s time?” He smirked. His friends felt relieve when Jongin had calmed down. Albeit deep down he was still furious about someone who had hurt you, mentally and physically. He’ll make sure no one will hurt you again but this time it he’ll do it secretly.

              “I don’t like her okay!” Sehun heard them sneakered. “And you heard Luhan, I was complaining and not admiring.”

              “We’re not even mentioning that you like her dummy.” Jongdae joined to tease to the youngest.

              “So defensive.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at their youngest.

              Nevertheless, Sehun went to you and Jaemi, ignoring his friends’ mockery. Good thing it was Jaemi who was assigned on that night and not the old lady or else their butts will be kick out.

              They went back to their books and some were still talking about the relationship of Sehun and Jaemi, forgetting about what had happened for a while.

              There was this certain person who wasn’t talking. Aside from your cousin he saw those forming bruises on your arms. His brows was knitted and his face was glowering at the space of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter