seventeen

The Last Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seventeen

 

               Seriousness and determination was written on their faces as the group of students studies their every lessons and it was rare sight. Their table neighbors, the females were quite distracted. Who wouldn’t? There’s a group of flower boys near them. To girls, boys who were serious and cares about their education was indeed . Though this only happens once in a blue moon.

               You felt relieved because the incident from earlier was forgotten, for the meantime. The guys will take a glimpse of you from time to time, making sure if you were doing fine. Yifan had treated the crescent marks on your cheeks, you were bit flustered when he was doing it because of what he did earlier. Jaemi helped you treated the forming bruises on the other parts of your body. When you get home you’ll wear long sleeves to cover up those discolorations on your skin for sure.

               “Ugh, this is boring and tiring.” The youngest complained as he stretched his upper limbs.

               Someone snickered and patted the youngest head. “You only read two books and you’re complaining already.”

               Sehun glared at the young lady, “Go away Song Jaemi. We don’t need you here.”

               “We actually need her Hun.” You spoke and collect the books that Jaemi was holding. “Thank you Jae. Just what we need.”

               “You’re welcome eonnie.” The young lady smiled at you. She was a year younger all you yet in the same grade since she skip a year because of having good grades.

               “When are your exams?” Kyungsoo asked.

               “We just finished it today.” She said with a tired smile.

               Sehun looked at the young lady. “Then why are you still here?” He raised a brow. “I bet you’ve been sleeping late. You should go home and sleep. Take a break from your part time jobs for you to rest.”

               Thirteen pair of eyes shifted at their youngest male. Drinking what the latter just said. There was pinch of concerned when Sehun uttered those words. The guys, including you were quite astounded. This was the first time that Sehun vocalized something nice to Jaemi.

               “Did I hear that right? Sehun is worried about Jae?” Chanyeol whispered to Baekhyun.

               “I told you he likes her.” Baekhyun whispered back. The other fellas were thinking the same thing.

               “Awe, is Oh Sehun worried about me?” Jaemi teased. She doubted that Sehun is worried for her. “Don’t worry doll, I’ll be fine.” She winked.

               Sehun had realized what he had said. He tried to not to get flushed and remain with a stoic expression. “I’m worried about the people. You’ll fright them with that zombie look of yours, doll.”

               Jaemi was starting to think that Sehun is a good guy and they can be friends yet those thoughts faded when the latter spoke.

               “You don’t want to get uglier right? I bet your parents are embarrassed of your because of your looks.” He added with a smirk.

               You felt Jaemi stiffen on her spot. Sehun had gone far this time. You held Jaemi’s hand, soothing her. Jaemi’s eyes glistened with tears before a tear escaped from her eye the older librarian called her attention. She excused herself and went to the older one.

               “A point for Oh Sehun.” He grinned. No one spoke as they eyed the youngest. “What?” He squint his eyes in confusion as he look at his friends.

               Most of them shake their head in disappointment before shifting their attention to their activities. “What?” He repeated. “What did I do?

               “You went too far this time Oh Sehun.” Junmyeon scolded the youngest.

               “What did I do?” Sehun frowned.

               “Jun oppa is right. Apologize to her, Hun.” You folded your arms and waited for him to stand from his seat and obliged. “Well? Your legs won’t comply if you won’t order them to walk.” You raised a brow with a taunting look. He groaned before he stood up and stalk to the lady.

               “What’s up with those two?” Yifan whispered to you.

               “I’ll explain it to you later.” Your eyes followed Sehun’s figure as he went to the information.

               Sehun was about to approach Jaemi but the young lady walk passed him and went out of the door. Sehun was dumbfounded at his place.

               ‘Did she just ignore me?!’ Sehun frowned.

               Your friends snickered from they had witnessed. Suho received a call after scolding your friends. He passed his phone to you. It was Jaemi who called.

               “Jae-ah. What happened? Your shift hasn’t ended yet. Why did you suddenly left?”

               “I’m sorry for leaving early. Something came up at home. I’m sorry eonnie. I’ll explain it to you when we meet.” Jaemi said on the other line.

               “That’s alright. Take care of yourself.” You hang up before bidding her goodbye. You handed back the phone to Junmyeon. “Something came up, that’s why she left early.” You explained it to the fellas. You took a glimpse of Sehun and his mood changes.

 

* * *

 

               Flipping of papers and the clicking sound of the pens can be heard in every room of the school. The real hell day had come. Students of all levels were focusing on each questions written on the test papers as they gingerly answered every questions. All of them were serious and focused at recalling the notes and books they had read from the previous days and nights. They were determined to aced the tests or at least get a good grade to pass the subjects. Instructors were keenly watching over them.

 

               When the bell rings, indicating that its time for lunch, most of the students let out their breath, like they were holding it for a long time. Some rushed to the cafeter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter