Took Me a Goodbye to Say Hello Again

Bitter Sweet Memoirs

*Continuation of Flashback from previous Chappie*

 

After Umma finally left my room for good, I continued to look for my phone. I saw one text from Minwoo. He said he was worried because I didn’t show up after the practice. I don’t know what I would say at first, but I ended up telling him that I felt sick so Youngmin Oppa drove me home. And guess what? I browsed the new messages I just received and saw 7654353798930 of them were from Youngmin. Haha. Of course I am exaggerating. But there really are so many texts from him!

 

“I had a great chat with your Mom and Dad, I couldn’t wake you up after you cried so I just carried you. You were so heavy! Don’t ever eat ice cream again! I want to carry you every time you don’t feel well but you’re going to kill me if you don’t go on a diet! Hahaha. Kidding. But no joke, Baby. I enjoyed your company. I hope I made you feel better. As much as I wanted to stay by your side, I had to attend my practice for our upcoming competition. Please tell Auntie and Uncle that I’ll be back to eat dinner with you! Haha. And you have the most adorable sisters! <3 You have a wonderful family, so many reasons to laugh and not to cry. And of course, how would you miss your adorable, charming, handsome, kind, sweet, thoughtful, responsible, Oppa? O! did I say I’m adorable, charming, and handsome already? :D Haha. I’ll be here you. I won’t leave you because Iloveyou :D
- of all his texts this one caught my attention. Not just because it is awfully long but because of the last thing he said. He loves me? Wait? Why am I feeling uncomfortable and--- happy at the same time? Why… Why don’t I want to think about it? As if assuming what he meant by that would hurt me if it didn’t turn out the way I think it is. I mustered all the confidence in my entire being and replied to his text.

 

“Oppa! I just woke up! Thank you so much for everything! Umma said you’re cool. Haha. And sorry if I ruined your plans for today but I enjoyed your company too! Thank you for being there, thank you for comforting me! And you already said you love me! You can’t take that back anymore! :P”

-I waited for his reply. I wonder what he’s going to say.

 

*phone beeps*

 

“Well, I got scolded by our choreographer for being an hour late, so you pretty much owe me! :P haha. Kidding! Didn’t I say I had a great time?  That’s enough for me. But if you really are sorry, promise me that you will be a strong girl but you won’t bottle things up. If you feel sad, then go ahead, cry. I will be here to wipe your tears away. And of course, Iloveyou! We’re siblings! We’re supposed to love each other, right? :* But Baby, your Oppa has to work over time because he got late. I was just really waiting for your text. Eat your dinner ok? I know you just woke up. Bears are always hungry after they hibernate. Go ahead, eat :D”

-o yea. Of course, siblings. Right.

 

“P.S. your quite an unusual bear tho. A green one :D Bye! :D”

-YM

 

After reading his last text, I smiled and felt a pang in my heart. I just realized something. He already holds a place in my heart. He already is in my heart. And I don’t think anyone can replace him from there. Yes, not even Minwoo. I mean I love him. But Youngmin? He’s someone who is always there for me whenever I need someone to talk to. He’s always there even if he doesn’t need to. And above all, I can feel his sincerity and genuine care. But he doesn’t need to take care of me. Right? Right :D

 

Youngmin’s POV

 

Yes, I got late but I don’t mind :D At least I got to help Hye Lim. Seeing her cry like that makes me angry. But I’m not in the position. I don’t to see her like that ever again. And guess what? I just realized something. I was ignoring this for who knows how long but with what I felt a while ago? I think I already have an idea of what is going on with me for the past few weeks. Seeing her happy gives me the joy and all. Her smiles make my day. Her laughter is a like music to my ears and I wanna dance to the beat of my heart whenever she’s around. She’s such a beauty, she’s so precious. She’s a treasure anyone would want to get. She’s a treasure I want to  get. Yes, maybe, just maybe I LIKE THIS GREEN GIRL :D

 

Lime’s POV

This is going to be hard but I have to do this.

 

“Thank you for making me smile, always. Thank you for being there. But as much as I hate to do this, I think I should. Oppa. I’m going to stop communicating with you for a while ok? But I will be back. I just want to stand up on my own. Don’t get me wrong, I am grateful of your actions and efforts just to make me smile. But I don’t want to get used to always having you by my side. You have a life of your own. You should focus on making yourself happy, not anyone else. I know they always say that making other happy would make you feel happy, too. But you can’t make yourself happy if you’re too busy looking for solutions to other people’s problems. Even if you don’t say it, I know you feel burdened about having me around. I know you’re a kind person that’s why you’re doing all these, but sometimes it’s ok to be selfish. Sometimes it’s ok to think of yourself first before other people. I am so sorry if this is such a sudden move. Believe me, it is hard for me to do but I think I really have to. Don’t worry about me, I’m a big girl now. I will be fine I hope you will be, too. I’ll be back in a month or so. Take care of yourself ok? Iloveyou, Oppa. :D”

-I know fully well that what my Mom told me a while ago was right. People like Youngmin shouldn’t be ignored. That’s why I told him that. I am not assuming that he is doing all these things because he has feelings for me. I just think that he is exerting effort on the wrong person. It would be nice if he cares this much for someone who could give back the care. I mean, I care for him but it’s not enough. I’m also quite afraid of getting used to having him around. I feel guilty because he is always there for me and I’m always there for Minwoo. I feel guilty for being so unfair to him. He always makes me feel better whenever I’m feeling sad but I can’t seem to remember asking him if he too has a problem. I was so selfish.  And Minwoo, I know he wouldn’t like it if I stay that close with Youngmin. I’m so stupid right? There’s this one guy who’s always there for me, he makes me happy, and he makes me feel special and such. But I chose to get away from him. And there’s this other guy who loves me so dearly but I can’t seem to understand his way to show his love. I mean, yes, I can feel it, he loves me. And I love him too. I love him so much that I don’t care if I look like a fool, crying every night because I am afraid I might wake up one day and everything’s gone. And yet, I chose to stick with him. I chose to get away from the one who’s willing to give his full attention, time and efforts to me, for that one person who’s spending all his time and effort just to make sure no one’s got their attention on US. But I’m sticking with what Youngmin said, Minwoo’s doing this so we wouldn’t get separated for real. Which is why I’m trying to protect our relationship too. I wouldn’t want him to get hurt. Sure, Youngmin and I are just friends, but if Minwoo doesn’t think so, then we shouldn’t be. . .

 

***End of flashback

 

It has already been a few months. I haven’t contacted Youngmin Oppa yet. I know I said I would be away for a month. But my relationship with Minwoo seem to have become better when he found out that I changed my digits and that I stopped talking to Youngmin already. Less fights. No jealousy. No arguments. It has really been a smooth ride for us. Which is kind of unusual. Anyways. I should cherish this right? But why does it seem to have a whole somewhere in my chest? I feel so… empty. I feel incomplete. I feel like my body, heart and soul is seeking for something I’ve already felt before. And I pretty much know my heart knows what it is. My mind just won’t admit it. No, I just won’t admit it.

 

*phone beeps*

Hi. I haven’t talked to you in a while! I’m missing you Green Girl!

-This was an unregistered number and I must admit, it gave me quite the chills. Maybe because I was expecting this is someone in particular? I shook it off and asked who the sender was.

 

I took a sip of my coffee and started spacing out again. If you are wondering where I am right now, I am at a Café and I’m alone. I just want to have a time for myself. It’s already Christmas season and our vacation already started. And unlike the usual vacation, this time, Minwoo didn’t stop texting me nor did he give me a hint of doing so. It’s odd, I know. But might as well cherish the good news?

 

Wow. You don’t know me? Wait. Lemme give you a call.

-And with that my phone beeped again and received a call.

 

“Hi Miss.”

-caller

 

“Eric?!”

-Me

 

“The handsome one.”

-I can imagine him smirking from the other line.

 

“O. well then you might have gotten the wrong number. I don’t know any Eric who is handsome. Bye!”

 

“How dare you! You are such a meanie!”

 

“Hey. Don’t cry there kid!”

 

“I am not crying *sniff*”

 

“haha. You are still a monkey. Why did you call? How did you get my number?”

 

“Ok. First of all. It was so selfish of you, changing your number without informing your friend. Your friend who has always been there for you. Your friend who has always been caring for you and looking after you!”

-I don’t know if he was doing this on purpose but he definitely hit a button there. So before he was able to continue his rants I cut him off.

 

“Stop being overly dramatic. Cool guys don’t do that.”

 

“I don’t care about being the cool guy here. I just want to make sure if this particular friend who I really care about still cares about me because it doesn’t seem like it. It doesn’t look like she would give a d*mn if she figured out I was broken hearted because she stopped texting me and seeing me. Whatever happened to that sweet girl Hye Lim?”

-He said this with a hint of sadness and frustration at the same time. You know the saying “hitting two birds with one stone”? Well, this situation is unusual. It’s like hitting one bird with five stones at the same time.

 

“I’m so sorry. But if it makes it any better for you, I stopped communicating with plenty of other people.  I just realized it would—“

 

“Make your relationship with THAT GUY better? O please Hye Lim. Has he been there for you as much as I AND YOUNGMIN HYUNG have been there to cheer you up? Probably not, because he was actually the reason you were crying. C’mon. I would understand if you stopped texting me, but someone who’s world revolved around you?? Someone who was there to wipe away your tears? O come on. That is unfair”

 

“What are you talking about?” How did he know all these?! I know I’ve shared a lot of things to him. Like Youngmin, I also run to him whenever I and Minwoo would have some misunderstandings. But I didn’t tell him as much.

 

“Well. You have been telling me all the crap you have experienced BEFORE YOU CHANGED YOUR NUMBER, at least. And I was there when you were crying. Actually, I was there before Youngmin. I was about to approach you but I figured out you needed a hero, not just a friend. And sadly, I was just a friend. So now, after pushing away those who actually cared for the one who cared for his situation more than the girl who cares for him, are you happy?”

 

“Eric, stop. I didn’t push you away. I just wanted some space. I wanted everything to be stable.”

 

“Are you happy?”

 

“Eric. I love Minwoo.”

 

“O c’mon Hye Lim. Cut the crap and answer the dmn question! ARE YOU HAPPY?”

 

“I’m really sorry ok?! I know I have been selfish but please. At least respect my decision.”

 

“You want to know why I’m treating you like this? Niel, Youngmin and I met the other day. Youngmin and I didn’t know your number. Niel was even hesitant to give it to us when we asked or it. But I saw sadness in the guy’s eyes dude. I know how close you were getting to each other. And maybe, just maybe he wanted to go even closer. Because if there is someone who truly deserves you more than I do? I think it’s Youngmin Hyung.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“O c’mon. You can’t be that naive? I like you, idiot.”

 

“Eric—“

 

“You love Minwoo, yes. I get that.  But Lime. Loving someone should cause you happiness. Sure love isn’t love without any sacrifice. But love isn’t love without joy either. And I believe you aren’t happy with what is going on. Sure you might feel good, and contented. But at the end of the day, can you still keep smiling?”

 

“I hate that you’re always right. *sniff*”

 

“I hate that you know what is right but still choose to be wrong.”

 

“What should I do?”

 

“Youngmin has your number. I should hang up.”

 

“I still don’t know what to do!”

 

“Hey there Green Girl. Don’t cry. I don’t trust your decision. But I trust your feelings. You just have to listen to your heart this time. Try to open your mind and understand your heart. You know what you want all along. You just won’t admit it.”

 

“I love him. I love Minwoo. That’s all I know.”

 

“Again Lime. Are you happy?”

 

“No. But I know I will feel worse if we truly separate.”

 

“C’mon, Lime. It’s going to happen anyways.”

 

“But I’m still not ready for it.”

 

“I will be here. Niel will be. Youngmin. We will be here for you.”

 

“I’m sorry if you felt like I treated you like a crap.”

 

“Love does that. I know, for I have been there. I know because I learned it the hard way too. And it doesn’t make you less of a person if you admit that you too have been on the wrong side.”

 

“This is so much drama in one call.”

 

“Believe me. There will be more.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“We both know what I mean Lime. We both know these will all end. One  of these days, maybe. But we will be here for you.”

 

“Eric—“

 

“By the way. If you were wondering why I called. . . *deep sigh* I’m leaving Lime.”

-He said it and chuckled but I can hear his sob.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I’m leaving. For good. But I wanted to make sure EVERYTHING’S ALRIGHT. And when I say everything, I mean you. I wanted to make sure you’re alright. I saw you cry out there Lime. And I never want to see you like that again, if I ever see you again.”

 

“Why? Why do you have to go? You said you will be there for me. Who would tell me I’m stupid whenever I do something wrong? Who would look after me? Who will be there to pick me up when I’m down. Who wi—“

 

“Lime. There are a lot people around you to do all those. You just have to open the door, let me leave and let them in. You let me step into your life before. You can allow them to reenter your life. Or meet new people.”

 

“This is so unfair. If only I knew this would happen I wouldn’t have pushed you away.”

 

“Now you’re listening. Would it need another person to walk away just so you would realize that you should start doing what you feel is right?”

 

“Than you. So much.”

 

“I care for you.”

 

“Thanks for being there.”

 

“I care for you.”

 

“Thanks for all the love and care. I’m sorry if I didn’t treat you the way you deserve to be treated.”

 

“I care for you.”

 

“Whatever happened to all the other words in your vocabulary?”

-I tried to laugh but I can’t help myself from crying. I bowed down and let out the pain I felt inside. It was a few seconds after that I heard the chair beside me, move. I didn’t mind it. I was either too frustrated with what just happened or to ashamed that whoever was there would see me like this. Too fragile. Too damn broken.

 

“Are you really this sad that I’m leaving?”

 

“ you.”

-I said, still crying.

 

“Easy on the bad words Green Bear!”

-I heard another familiar voice from behind Eric. And guess who? You don’t have to guess. You already know :D

 

 

-----------------------------------

Is anyone still reading this? :( I will finish this story as soon as I can. Sorry. I'm having a hard time updating this. I'm a third year college student so I'm getting quite busy :( But I'll do my best :D

 

I DON'T OWN THE PICS. CREDITS TO THE RIGHTFUL OWNERS :D