Aegyo.

Bitter Sweet Memoirs

 

 

Your POV

There were a series of interview and acting chuchus and each one of us were asked questions. Some even had to act. It was a lot of fun… Yes, it WAS until my turn came. He asked me what I think about the boys. Well I said they are equally good looking ‘coz they really are. I mean, the got in the pageant although it’s not really about looks like what they say. But we should admit, this is a pageant, the face has something to do with it.

Mr. Coordiantor: But if you have to pick someone from them, who would it be?

Me:*ah. This is easy,  I pointed Niel*

MC: *checks records* How about someone you don’t know?

I was panicking not because I haven’t picked anyone yet. Actually, I wanted to tell the coordinator in the first place that that Jo Youngmin is really cute. I don’t know why but I kind of felt shy. I usually tell someone he’s cute as soon as I realize it, but it felt different about him. I was really nervous but I managed to say the words confidently and normally.

Me: The guy with the blonde hair.

He looked everywhere; I think he’s searching for ‘the guy with the blonde hair’ which pretty much is HIM. I wanted to tell him it was HIM but then he seemed to finally realize the situation.

YM: Me?!

I said yes and smiled as sincerely as I can so he won’t think I’m playing.

MC: O. Mr. Jo?

YM: Yes?

MC: Ani. I was talking to her. I was just trying to verify it. *laughs*

YM: Yah! What does that mean?!

MC: Ahem. Excuse me. We’re doing professional business here.

He pouted and rolled his eyes. Omo! He’s so cuuuuuute! <3

MC: Now back to you, can you tell him then that he looks cute?

What?! Okk. My heart is pounding like crazy.

Me: *clears throat* Annyeong. You look cute. *smiles*

Okk. I think that went cool. Teehee. I was just about to sit when…

MC: Do your aegyo and tell him he’s cute.

It’s official. The hollow muscle that pumps the fluid connective tissue that delivers nutrients to cells and transports metabolic waste products away from those same cells has just left my thoracic cavity. I gulped and began to speak.

Me: Annyeong Oppa! You look soooooo cute! *smiles*

 

Jo Youngmin’s POV

Green Girl: Annyeong Oppa! You look soooooo cute! *smiles*

I blinked twice and finally realized that my mouth fell open. It wasn’t because I was pleased that she thought I was cute, I’m used to it but I don’t mind the girls telling such. I am in fact irritated, I feel like they kind of try to flirt or something fishy. Anyways, my mouth was in agape because of her aegyo. She is soooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuute!

“Komawo” I said slightly bowing so they can’t see my pink tinted cheeks.

And then she sat down like nothing happened. I was kind of disappointed but I still think she’s cute. Keke.

Your POV

After my breath taking kind of ‘confession’ I sat down immediately as if nothing happened. ’Thank God it’s over’  I told myself and heaved a deep sigh. After that, we had to practice walking with our shoes again. I swear my feet are killing me. T.T And not only that, I also noticed Niel Oppa glaring at me a while ago just after the interview and acting chuchus.

Water Break!

Aish. Finally. I felt relieved and sat on the corner with my schoolmates.

“Kaja?” Niel Oppa suddenly came out of nowhere.

“Where to? I’m really tired” I said and pretended to cry.  

“Ok. Let me just by you a drink then. What would you want?”

“Anything can do Oppa!” I said beaming a smile. Just after that, Niel Oppa went to the nearby convenience store and bought us some drinks. JJ and the others asked him to buy some drinks for them too. But he tuck his tongue out and said ‘Never!’ as he run out of the door. I chuckled at his childish behaviour as the rest of the guys went after him.

I patiently waited for him and my drink at the corner when Eunbi-unnie came beside me.

E: So, how are things between you and Minwoo?

M: ah. Unnie. *smiles awkwardly*

E: Ok. Don’t try and deny it. You might not be officially together but you look like you are.

M: We do?

E: Of course. I heard that he even looked after you at the clinic when you got sick. I just wish I’d meet someone like him. I wish I was in your place. I’d sure feel like a princess you know. *smiles*

I awkwardly smiled at her statement. Actually, I love Minwoo. Just him, not the situation I am in. I mean who would like it if the parents of the person whom you love so dearly doesn’t approve of you being together. “It’s not like they don’t want you for me, they’re just protective.” Minwoo once said. That’s exactly it. They are protective of him. They want to make sure that their son would belong to someone who truly deserves him and they obviously don’t think that I do.

Before I know it, I was in the verge of crying. Unnie must’ve noticed me so she started panicking.

“Yah! Dongsaeng. Gwenachanayo?” she said with worried eyes.

“Yes Unnie. Something just went into my eyes.” I said without letting er realize that I am breaking into pieces. Suddenly, something called touched my armed  and I got shocked only to see Niel Oppa giving me a drink. I smiled and thank him…

“Yah!”

I tried to find who that was only to see some guys behind Niel Oppa smiling at him like crazy. And it’s so creepy. :O

“Yah! Stop it!” He irritatingly said and motioned me to just drink. After that, the coordinator called for us again. We walked and walked until it was time to go home again. FINALLY.

Niel’s POV

I was already inside the convenience store when I noticed some guys approaching me.

“Yah!” One of them called for my attention. Well he wasn’t that harsh and he even smiled.

“Yes?” I said giving my money to the cashier.

“Are you and the girl with the green hair together?”

I was a bit startled with his question. I wanted to say ‘Yes we are’. I badly wanted to. Okk. Here I am again with my thing for Lime. Aish. I was lucky enough to be able to control my thoughts and mouth.

“Ah. Lime?” I asked.

“O so Lime is her name huh?” He asked with a rather suspicious smirk. I didn’t like that.

“NO. We’re just friends.” I said slightly glaring at him but of course not letting him catch me.

“O. So I can ask her out then?” He said with sparks in his eyes.

“I’m also friends with her Boyfriend.” I stated.

“Aw. Ok then. Thanks dude.”

“Sure thing buddy.” I said as I walked off.

“Aw Dude. That’s a bummer.” I heard one of them said.

 

 Jo Youngmin’s POV

I was about to pay for my drinks, and Sullie’s. She asked me to buy her some so being the good friend that I am, I said yes. Anyways, I was about to pay for it when I heard some people talking. They were the ones in the pageant too. And I saw Niel in front of the line. I didn’t intend to but I heard them talking to each other so I decided to just listen. And yes, I heard everything. The thing about Niel and Green Girl being together which he said wasn’t true, the guy wanting to ask Green Girl out and Niel saying saying that he is also friends with Green Girl’s BOYFRIEND. I felt weird as I heard it. I don’t know why. I kind of felt heavy all of a sudden. When I  got back to Sullie, I was in a really, really bad mood. AND I DON’T KNOW WHY.