That Petty Fight :3

Bitter Sweet Memoirs

So, the next day we still got busy about the things we needed to do in camp. There were games—about science of course (I really don’t think I deserve to be here) and we had a lot of fun. There were also some seminars but we managed to get through them though they were really loooooooong! All thanks to our bright and funny hosts it didn’t turn out as bad as we expected. Oh, have I mentioned? We were grouped with the different students from the different places in the country. Unfortunately for us, we were only 17 and there were 31 groups, so yea, none of us ended up in the same group. I was in Group 3, at first I was nervous but thank goodness all of them were friendly. In fact, very friendly! We just met for one night and I already have company. The girl’s name is Jaz, she’s actually from Australia but she’s a whole blooded Korean and I also had a guy friend, his name is Ryan. I met them both at the same time. Jazz approached me and said “Annyeong haseyo!” but in a weird way. That second I already know she isn’t that fluent in Korean. 

 

“It’s ok, I can understand English.” I said it in Korean, just to make sure that my judgment was right :D

 

“O, so you speak English, too? Cool then. We won’t be having a hard time as long as we stick together. :D” Ryan said tugging the both of us in his arms. But he still spoke in Korean so I’m guessing Jazz didn’t understand a thing in our conversation.

 

“What? I don’t understa---.  Hey man, sometimes it’s ok not to be clingy!” Jazz said in PERFECT ENGLISH. And you know that awesome Australian accent? Yea. She got that, too. :D Amaaaaazing!

 

“Dude. She said ‘it’s ok, I can understand English’.” Ryan explained.

 

“Really? Awesome!” She said and high-fived me :D

 

We were just talking and talking, and I have to admit, these two got the looks, too. :D

 

Time went by fast and Jazz was already complaining that she needed to sleep already.

 

“Come on Dude. I really need my beauty rest right now. Like right this instant!” and right there and then, she threw a tantrum.

 

“Aish! You already are beautiful! Why would you still need that?!”  Ryan blurted out to my surprise and for a second there I thought there’s something else going on between them. But when I heard the rest of the conversation, I think I’m KIND OF wrong.

 

“What?! Can you repeat what you just said, but this time slower? Or you can just speak in English so I could understand you.” –Jazz

 

“Nope. That’s a big no, no. NOPE.” – Ryan, walking out.

 

“Hey. Where are you going?!” –Jazz chasing Ryan.

 

“I thought you said you said you wanted to sleep?!” –Ryan still walking away. With a tint of pink on his face—wait. Is he blushing? That is so adorable :3  “Oh. Yea, Hye Lim! I guess we’ll see you tomorrow then? Good night!” Jazz waved goodbye as she followed Ryan out of the hall. I just smiled there thinking how cute they were. I guess Jazz has no clue about Ryan’s feelings for her? Haha. Or did I just conclude that Ryan really has feelings for her? I was spacing out when someone wrapped his arms around me from the back so I got completely shocked I nearly punched him. It’s a good thing I figured out who it was.

 

“Yah! Don’t ever do that again! You scared me to death!” I screamed.

 

“Excuse me. NEARLY. Maybe. But not SCARED YOU TO DEATH.” He said with emphasis on the words. “You do know you can literally be scared to death, right? But lucky me, I didn’t SCARE YOU TO DEATH. Who else will I grow old with if I did?!” And with that, blood came rushing to my face.

 

“You’re blushing.” Minwoo said and continued to hug me from the back.

 

“Shut it! Let’s go. I’m feeling sleepy.”

 

“Ok.” Minwoo said and held my hand as we made our way to our (girls) room. Minwoo stayed outside and said good night as I entered the room. After washing, I changed to my PJs and went to bed.

 

 

****

The next day was a bit similar to the previous day. We stayed with our group and spent the rest of the day with them. We even had lunch and dinner together. So to cut things short, I spent the entire day with Ryan and Jazz and completely forgot about my other friends. KIDDING! Of course we updated each other where we were and what were we doing. But not Minwoo, he’s the kind of guy who doesn’t want to be bothered when he’s doing something. So we just contacted each other during meal and snack times. Of course he made sure if I already ate, if I have water with me, handkerchiefs. You see he’s like a little version of a Dad. Haha. So yea, the next time I and my schoolmates reunited was after dinner. We had to take a bath (because we wanted to get refreshed, but of course, before we left the room w already took a bath). We all took our chances to freshen up and got ready for tonight’s event. We will compete against all teams but of course, we need a break from science. This time we have to THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. Think of strategies to win various games. It was really fun and exciting. Everyone in our group got to know each other better and get to socialize even more. Before we know it, we already are freely talking to anyone in the group. It’s like we’ve known each other for years. This really is a once in a lifetime chance and I am glad to be a part of this grandiose event. The event for the night ended and we all went outside the hall, Jazz said she needs to go  to the restroom so Ryan and I decided to wait at the exit of the building which is just a few meters away from the restroom. We had a fine chat until Ryan got annoyed because Jazz is taking too long. So I got the idea of asking him what he really feels about Jazz. He automatically blushed and that moment I knew what his answer was. I just wanted to hear it FROM HIM, myself.

 

“So. You’ve noticed?” He asked rubbing the back of his neck, shyly.

 

“I understand Korean, you know. And you kind of murmur too loud” I said smiling out of satisfaction because he actually admitted her feelings right? But he has to admit it to the person involved. I wish I could help him but I think I am not in the right place. So I have to remain silent until he asks me to help him. :D

 

So we just stood there awkwardly, how can Jazz take this long? I regret ever asking Ryan about that topic. He seems uncomfortable about it.

 

“so—“

 

“well—“

 

We said at the same time and laughed.

 

“What I just told you about,” Ryan took a glance at my back, maybe to check if Jazz is coming but he just continued “can you just forget about it for the rest of our stay here? I don’t want to be awkward like that every time we’re together. Let’s just enjoy and cherish each other’s company while it lasts and make the most out of it, Ok?” He said and smiled charmingly. Wow, this guy really is handsome. So I just smiled, too.

 

 “Do—“

 

“What did he just tell you?” I was about to say his secret is safe with me when I heard a familiar voice from behind.

 

“You know her?” Ryan said, confused.

 

“Why, you know each other too?” I said with a puzzled face.

 

“No. But I noticed him standing there for a while now. I thought you didn’t know each other so he didn’t approach you at once.” Ryan said.

 

I turned around to look at Minwoo.

 

“So you really have this habit of eavesdropping, huh?” I said seriously.

 

“I was just curious!” Minwoo said.

 

“You should’ve asked!” I said kind of pissed,

 

“should’ve asked?!” Minwoo repeated with a hint of annoyance in his voice too.

 

“Ok, now you two, CALM DOWN.” Ryan said calmly.

 

“I’m sorry Ryan, but I’m really feeling sleepy now. I need to go back to our room. I don’t think I could still wait for Jazz. Do you mind?” I said giving him a reassuring smile.

 

“Nope. Not all.” Ryan replied, smiling too.

 

So, without looking at the other guy I just walked to my room. But of course, knowing him he followed me without saying a word.

 

“If you don’t plan to say anything, don’t follow me!” I said looking back at him.

 

“what? This is also the way to our room.” He  said with confidence. My face became red as hell out of pure embarrassment. Ok. I might have forgotten about that detail so I just continued to walk without a word. Ugh. I didn’t know our room was this far! Until my gaze reached the path where there are three ways, I kind of forgot if I have to go to the right, left or straight on first. Coz if I choose the correct path, there will be two more instances like this. Ugh. Why is this hotel so big?! And why do I have to choose different ways?! (cozes on those instances, to one of them, I should go right, go left on the other and straight on on the other one) My biggest problem now is which way to go first. Minwoo knows I’m not good at this, but I won’t talk to him. I’m mad at him. So without a hint of hesitation, I turned right, Minwoo just followed me without  a word, maybe I’m going the right way? :D So I just walked on. And on. And on. Ugh But I can’t find the other path where I have to choose which way to go again. Ah. I know! I’ll just follow that second star to the right, and straight on ‘til morning :D WHO AM I KIDDING?! I AM PROBABLY LOST!!! I heaved a sigh of defeat and turned around only to find Minwoo, still there. Wait, if I got lost, why is he still here?

 

“Tired of going the wrong way?” He said smiling. His face was so calm, it didn’t even show a hint of annoyance because of what had happened a while ago. It was as if my arms and legs had their own mind and went straight to him and hugged him the moment I reached him.

 

“I’m sorry,” I said with a cracked voice as I buried my face in his chest.

 

“Ssssshhh. Don’t cry. Don’t worry. I know the right way.” He said and chuckled as he wrapped his arms around me.

 

“If you knew  I was going the wrong way in the first place, why did you still follow me? I thought you’re mad at me?” I said, still in the  same position.

 

“Nope. I got annoyed. YOU  were mad at me. I even texted you to go left first but you were so mad you forgot you have a phone.” He chuckled. “And if I didn’t follow you, maybe we wouldn’t up like this. Maybe I’ll go to bed annoyed and you’ll go to bed mad. That is, IF YOU FIND YOUR WAY TO YOUR BED BEFORE MORNING.” He said laughing.

 

“Yah!” I said and tried to hit his arm.

 

“I thought you were feeling sleepy? Don’t waste your energy. Thanks to you, we still have a long way to walk. Haha.” I pouted and wrapped my arms around his left arm like I usually do and attempted to walk back.

 

“Na-ah. You’re not doing that now, Missy. Not tonight.” He said shaking his head.

 

“What?” And before I knew it he positioned himself in front of me like he’s going to give me a piggy back ride.

 

“You must’ve been tired, ayt? I’ll carry you.”

 

“But—“

 

“No buts!” So I just did what he told me and  he started to walk.

 

“haha. You seemed threatened when I raise my  voice. Maybe I should do that more often.”

 

“Don’t. *yawn* You’re scary.” I said in a rather sleepy voice.

 

“Hey. I carried you, but you can’t sleep. I’m still annoyed you know. Who’s that Ryan guy?! How did he get the guts to confess to someone who has a boyfriend?!”

 

“what are you talking about?”

 

“Ugh. The nerve of that guy.” I laughed at his remarks. So it was all just a misunderstanding?

 

“You didn’t hear everything did you?” I said still laughing.

 

“I’m annoyed here and you’re laughing? So what if I didn’t hear everything? It was really obvious on that guy’s face. He was so shy  because of the conf---*tsup*”

Before he can even finish whatever he wanted to say, I kissed him on the cheek.

 

“You are so adorable when you’re jealous.” And boom! His face became red as cherry. Haha

 

“Wha—Me?! Jealous. Of that guy. Are you kidding me?! I am much more handsome than him.”

 

“Yes. You are, Baby. :D” haha. And he even blushed more if that’s even possible. He is so cute I could hug him all night :3

 

“So what really happened?”

 

So I explained everything to him as we (ehem . He) walked our way to our room. And before we know it, we reached our room. Our friends texted us a while ago that they’re going out to eat (midnight snack) so I’m guessing they aren’t here yet. I’m kind of amazed how they got through the guards, they’re kind of strict. Minwoo put me down and hugged me so tight I could hardly breathe! But I felt so safe in his arms I wanted it to last forever. Of course it won’t. Someday, somehow. I know I would have to let go. But I’m going to cherish every millisecond I spend with him. I WILL TRY NOT TO BE MAD AT HIM. HAHA. NOW TELL ME, AIN’T I LUCKY TO HAVE HIM? :D

 

------------------

i am sorry i was unable to update for a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerry loooooooooooooooooooong time. So, after 2844286372892183973467463728726 years. Here goes another chappie for you, babiies. I hope I get some comments and additional subs. Please 3 I loveyou! thanks for the reads and views btw :3 Credits to the rightful owners of the pictures in this story :3