One More Time

Bitter Sweet Memoirs

 

YOUR POV

I slowly opened my eyes after having a good sleep. I wasn't used to the bright light so I had a hard time recognizing who was in front of me. But I remembered that Niel Oppa was here with me a while ago so I assumed it was him.

"Niel Oppa?" I said with my eyes still half closed.

"Aish. I am already here and you're still looking for him." the person in front of me said in a sad tone. I only realized it was Minwoo when I heard his voice. I rubbed my eyes and tried to sit up but he prevented me and said that I should stay in bed. "Mianhae Oppa. I thought it was Niel because he was the one with me before I slept."

"I'm sorry! I understand and I know Ok?! There's no need to rub it in! I'm sorry!" he said in an angry voice. I was completely shocked that I can't even make a move. It was one of the rare times he raised his voice over me. And I didn't mean to imply something. I just said I thought he wasn't coming since his Umma wouldn't like it if he skipped classes just to accompany me-- some girl he shouldn't even care about. My tears were forming at the side of my eyes. He's not looking at me and I also tried not to look at him. I still can't believe that he yelled at me. 

Hours passed and we're still like this, not talking at all. At times I pretended to sleep just to have an excuse not to talk to him. But at times too, I could catch him looking at me as if he wanted to say sorry. Well, to tell you the truth, I didn't really want to talk to him. Not now at least. I am still in shock.

 

Minwo's POV

I was really mad at myself, because I wasn't with her when she wasn't feeling good.  I did not intend to shout at her. I swear. I was even shocked by the way I acted. I really regret shouting at her. I know how weak she is when it comes to boys getting mad. She has a weak heart for angry boys. In fact I was surprised she didn't cry. 

It has been hours now but I still haven't talked to her. I wanted to, but every time I muster all the courage I have inside, I find her sleeping. So I just let it like that. But of course. I really wanted to say I'm sorry.

Then the nurse came and said that Lime can go home now. She even handed her meds that she must take for three days. She also instructed her things she must and must not do. After that kind of long conversation, the nurse left and I took that opportunity to talk to her.

“Can you show me your meds?” I blurted out and she handed them to me still without any word coming out from . “Yah! Did you understand everything that the nurse said?” she nodded. “Good then. Because I didn’t.” I said flashing my most sincere smile.

“I never expected you to understand any of that.” She said and stuck her tongue out. Haha. She’s really so cute! “But hey. No kidding. Take good care of yourself, nae? I’m not always here for you. Someday somehow you would have to go in without me. Promise me you’ll always look after yourself so I wouldn’t die of too much worrying.” I said holding her hand and in the most sincere way I could ever tell her. “Ye Oppa. Thank you so much for coming!” She said while giving me the warmest hug I’ve felt. I like holding her like this. I wish we could be together forever. I wish she’ll be mine forever. I wish time would stop for the both of us :D But it can’t. We’re still young and I understand that. But can you blame if I feel this way? I feel like right at this moment, I am holding the girl that I will love and will love me for the rest of our lives. I don’t want to ever let go of her. I feel like the luckiest guy for having her. <3

We stayed like that for like a minute and I still didn’t want to let go of her. . .

 

Your POV

“Yah! Oppa! I think we should go now.” I said pulling back but he hugged me even tighter. “Ani. I want to stay like this forever.” I laughed at his silliness and finally pulled away, this time I’m successful with it. “Thank you for coming. I love you!” I said as I looked at him in the eye. “Baby, you don’t have any idea how much I love you.” He said those words with so much sincerity in his eyes. I felt as though I was in seventh heaven. I don’t ever want to lose this guy in front of me right now.

We went out of the clinic and Minwoo helped me with my bag. I told him that I am fine now and I can go back home on my own but he said that he should at least accompany me to the bus station. “Ani. Oppa! You don’t even have your things here with you.” I said attempting to get my bag back. But he stretched his arm and said: “O yea. I left it in the homeroom a while ago. I’ll just come back later to get it. We’re near the gate now so I must accompany you first.” “Oppa! Someone might see us. You’ll get into trouble.” He looked at me with defeat and finally gave in. “Aish. Arasseo. But make sure to send me a message when you get home. Nae?” I nodded and went to the bus station. He waved goodbye and went inside the school.

I got home and immediately texted Minwoo. He didn’t reply back so I assumed that he is with his Umma or Appa now so I just let it go. The week passed and we went like this all throughout. We would have a great time at school but as the day ends so is our interaction. We never really texted once we got home. I of course always did hoping that he would respond but I always fall asleep with disappointment. I am really tired of this. But I am still hoping someday it would all be better for the both of us.

Before I know it, it was already Friday. We were once again called to Mr. Jang’s office but this time not ALL of us. I asked for some of our companions and they sadly said that they didn’t get it through the screening. “So I did?!” I asked Niel Oppa and he hit me in the head. “Cheongmal Pabo?!” he said making me whine a little. “I don’t get why you’re in the first section. You’re so stupid. Of course you did!” Woah! Did I hear it right?

 

Niel’s POV

Mr. Jang called us once again and I noticed that we are trimmed down from 10 to only seven. I assumed we are the ones who got in. So I guess this is it then? I’m really in it huh? And then Lime asked about the others and Eunbi noona said that they didn’t make it. “So I did?!” Lime asked with innocence overflowing from her. I hit her in the head since I thought it was really stupid of her not to get it. Haha. But the truth is I just wanted to do that. I want to bring the old “us” back. You know, no awkward conversations, weird feelings and anything. So I figured out I have this little crush on her but I know that she belongs to Minwoo (now at least) so I decided to just be here for her whenever Minwoo’s not around. Yea. I should do that. :D

And then Mr. Jang, after orienting us sent us home. Early again. So we could have our “beauty rest”. Which means … MOVIE MARATHON! Haha. I don’t have plans of getting to bed early. I was so excited to go home so all of us bid goodbye. Lime invited me to have some snacks with he and the gang. I was really excited about the movies but I sensed that Minwoo’s not going. And Isaid I’d be there if he’s not around right? Hahah. I feel like cheating on myself. I hate and love it. :/ haha

So, we went to this restaurant and ordered our food. We were happily chatting and everyone’s laughing when I noticed Lime looking at someone…

 

Your POV

I invited Niel Oppa to have some snacks with Abii, Hye-jong, Ji-hyun and Minjee. We invited Hyuna but apparently, she has a date with her boyfriend so she can’t come. O and why did I asked Oppa to come? That’s because I just found out that Ji-hyun has this little crush on her and I wanted to see if they look good together. Well, it wasn’t bad. We were talking and laughing, but I can’t seem to find any spark between them L And I seriously thought I’m going to find someone for Oppa. I mean he’s always there for me but I can’t be with him always. I would really be happy if I know that he is taken good care of anyone I know. But sadly, there was no connection.

Anyways, were enjoying the moment when I noticed someone on the counter. ‘He seems familiar’ I thought as I examined him more. And then I realized that it was Jo Youngmin. The rude guy. What I didn’t realize was that I was looking at him intently. And then some girl approached her, maybe she is his girlfriend. I felt kind of sad because… I DON’T KNOW. But Niel Oppa waved his hand in front of my face. “Huh?” I said tilting my head. “Are you still on Earth? You looked like you were thinking so intently. Gwenchana?” “Ah? Ah. Ye oppa, I’m fine.” I said with a smile. He shook his head and looked to where I was looking a while ago. “Ah. Isn’t that one of the guys in the pageant? I wonder if he got in too. He seems nice. We were talking while waiting for our turn last week. He’s cool.” He said. “Tch? He’s nice? That guy is rude.” I said with disgust remembering how he treated me  when I first encountered him. “What?” Oppa asked me. “O. Ani. *insert awkward laugh* I think we should go? Umma already called me.” I said and they all agreed. We parted ways with the gang. Oppa insisted on accompanying me to the bus station. I tried to reject his offer but he still came making me give in. “Take care nae? Send me a message when you get home.” He said as I went inside the bus, I smiled and waved him goodbye.

By the time I got home, I texted Minwoo and Niel telling them that I got home safe. Just as I expected, Niel was the one to respond.

“Good. Now take a rest and enjoy the rest of the night. Nae? :D Annyeong!”

I didn’t respond anymore. I was really tired so the moment I changed my clothes I immediately went to bed. I know I have this bad habit of always feeling sleepy :/ haha.

Jo Youngmin’s POV

I saw Green Girl a while ago. You know, the one who bumped on me last week. She was with that guy. I think It’s Niel. Maybe they’re together?

The next day…

I woke up in time so I could prepare myself for the meeting. Yea. I got in the pageant. I quickly changed into nothing really special. Just the usual me. After making sure that I look somewhat presentable, Halmeoni called me from downstairs. “Youngmin-ah! Come and eat your breakfast.” I quickly ran down and kissed her cheek. “Halmeoni, you know I don’t eat breakfast.” I said. “I know but I’m still hoping.” She said giving me a reassuring smile.

Halmeoni:  So I’m guessing you’ll be out for the dance practice again?

Youngmin: Ani. Not this time Halmeoni. I’m going out for the pageant.

H: O. So you got in?

Y: Ye. Waeyo? You didn’t think I can do it?

H: Ani. Of course I knew you can do it.

Y: *laughs* Cheongmalyo? Wae? Am I that handsome? *smirk*

H: Ani. It’s because I know that you are a very friendly person.

Y: So what does that have to do with getting it through the screening?

H: So you have connections. And they’re doing you a favor. *laughs*

Y: Yah! Halmeoni! How could you. *pouts*

H: I am just kidding big boy. You should hurry up then; your friends might be in trouble if you get there late and they’d have no choice but to kick you out of it. *laughs*

Y: Aish. Haleoni is so mean! But I love you *kisses her on the cheek*

H: I know. You should get going now.

Y: *looks at her pouting*

H: And I love you too. Take care, arasseo?

I hugged her tight and went to my destination. When I got there, there were already few people waiting for the coordinators. It was 10 minutes before the assembly so I’m guessing that’s all the people who got in. Woah. I think they eliminated more than 85% of the candidates. And then they made us sign some attendance sheet. After that, they all asked us to sit on the floor. I think there are about 28 of us here today. They told us some basic things we need to remember for the pageant and rules too.  They also taught us some things about values, right attitude and everything. After the water break, we sat on the floor again and the coordinator spoke (he probably is scary for any other people here but to me, his death glares are normal. Yea, it does not affect me anymore, it used to. But I’ve become a dancer and I pretty much have to work with him every day so we’ve become kind of close. Omo. Maybe Halmeoni is right after all. Maybe I got in because of my connections? :O What am I thinking?! Of course not!).  Back to reality!

You are all teenagers now. And we all know that you already are aware of the things you should and should not do. You must also remember that ‘Man is condemned to be free’ but as embrace this freedom, we should know that we are accountable of whatever we do. We cannot blame anyone for something we did. *blablabla*… But, sadly nowadays, many of us are misinterpreted. We might have done something offensive to them unintentionally. So as to avoid such, you must know how to act accordingly. And you must know how to express your feelings If you think someone misunderstood you, then tell them it wasn’t what you meant. So, miss with the braids, can you tell the one at your back that he looks good today?

He started calling each one of us and made us do some things. It was basically acting. He made us cry and do monologues and such. After some time…

You, miss with the green hair. (Oh it’s green girl)

Coordinator: How do you find our boys here?

GreenGirl: They are equally good looking sir.

C: But if you have to pick someone from them, who would it be?

GG: *ponits at Niel*

C: *checks records* How about someone you don’t know?

GG: The guy with the blonde hair.

Blonde hair? I looked around seeing no one with a blonde hair. Then I suddenly remembered.

Me: Me?!

GG: Yes. *smiles*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here! An update. Keke. Please continue reading his story! Kamsahamnida! <3 And don’t forget to leave your comments! :D