Sick.

Bitter Sweet Memoirs

 

Author’s POV

The next day passed without any extra ordinary thing happening. Lime is missing Minwoo so bad but as much as she wanted to, she decided not to text Minwoo. She is afraid they might catch him texting and everything will just go worse than they are right now. She is sick of it. She surely loves him but she never thought it would hurt this much. She thought being with him is the happiest and best thing that would ever happen to her, but is she happy with what is happening right now?

 

Your POV

It’s already Monday. I was half hearted in going to school. I wasn’t physically ready. My body temperature is a bit higher than normal. Umma wanted me stay home but I missed Minwoo so badly. I told her I am having an exam and I don’t want to miss it just so she’d let me go to school. When I was on my way there, I already felt a bit nauseous and my head is hurting like h*ll. Thankfully, I managed to be in school safe, without collapsing or anything. But anytime now my body would just give up. I am afraid they might send me home. I was also feeling so d*mn cold. My sweatshirt isn’t doing its job anymore. Aish. It’s only 7:30 in the morning and my day is already not going too well.

Niel’s POV

I was on my to my homeroom when I noticed Lime walking her way to her room too. I called out for her name but she didn’t seem to hear it. Impossible. She’s just a few meters away and I shouted on top of my lungs. She should’ve heard it. Maybe she’s spacing out again. This girl. Haha. It was still early so I decided to walk to her before I go inside the classroom. “Lime! Lime!” I called out again but she’s still not responding. I grabbed her by the hand and she seemed surprised when she looked at me. Well, other than that, I noticed that she was so pale. She certainly is not feeling well. “Pabo! You’re sick. Why did you come?” I asked her feeling her neck. “Ani Oppa. I’m fine” she said flashing me her fake smile which I think was still cute. “Who are you kidding? Let’s go to the clinic. I’ll excuse you to your teacher.” And with that she didn’t argue anymore. Maybe she’s really not feeling well.

Minwoo’s POV

I kind of woke up really late so I arrived at school as the bell rang. I was hoping I’d see Lime but when I entered our first class, she’s still not there. O. What was I thinking? She’s always late. Haha. Maybe she’d arrive any minute now. And with that I got to my seat.

It has been 15 minutes but I still can’t see Lime around. I am beginning to get worried when I heard a knock on the door. I smiled anticipating Lime to get in. I was getting ready to but I was greatly disappointed when I saw who it was. He doesn’t even belong to our class. Why is he here?

Niel’s POV

The nurse said that she should stay for a while. When I was assisting her to the clinic I felt her body temperature and I swear I could fry bacon on her. She’s so hot! Literally! I am so worried right now but I remembered that I should excuse her from her class and me as well from mine. I walked to my class first and explained what happened. The teacher was Mr. Jang. He was extremely worried too so he told me to stay with her. With that, I went to my next destination—Lime’s class. I knocked at the door and the teacher let me in. “O. Mr. Ahn. I must say I didn’t expect you to be here. Is anything wrong?” she asked concerned. “Ah. Ne Miss. It’s Kim Hye-Lim. She has a high fever right now so I took her to the clinic. The nurse said she should stay there for a while.” “Aw poor girl. Ok. I’ll just inform the other teachers. Make sure to secure an excuse slip from the clinic.” she said and I nodded as I tried to close the door. I had a glimpse of Minwoo. He looked so shocked and worried. I should’ve asked him to come with me but I kind of didn’t want to. You know. The usual selfish me.

 

Minwoo’s POV

I heard him tell the teacher that Lime is sick. Aw my Baby. I wanted to go. But I was afraid the teachers would tell my Umma that I skipped classes just to accompany some girl. Well, she’s not really ‘some girl’. She is MY girl. But even so. I didn’t have a choice. I would go to the clinic during the break.

Boring classes.

Unlike any other day, I found our Math subject so boring! Probably because I cannot think of anything but Lime. How is she? I wanted to see her so baaaaad!

*Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

And finally the bell rang indicating the end of the last period before lunch. I decided to go to the cafeteria first before going to the clinic to buy her some food. I bought the healthiest food they served in the cafeteria and finally made my way to the clinic. It had private rooms so I still had to go through the recipient to ask where she is.

“Who are you here for?” the nurse asked nicely.

“Annyeong. I am here for Kim Hye-Lim, where can I see her?”

“Oh. She’s at the second room on the right side. Is that food for her?”

I found it kind of weird for her to immediately know where her room is. But I wanted to see Lime already so I didn’t mind it.

“O. Yes. I thought it’s fine to bring food for the patients. Is it not allowed now?”

“O. No. It’s still allowed. I just thought her boyfriend already brought her some. I just checked it a while ago. Anyways. I still have to check what you brought.”

So that’s why. But wait.

Boyfriend?! Aish. This nurse is making me angry. Maybe she was talking about Niel since he was the one who brought her here. I myself would even think of it this way if I were in her place. But still. I felt a pain in my chest when I heard her say those words.

After she scanned the food, she spoke again and said that we brought the exact food for her—the one she thought was her ‘boyfriend’. I just thanked her and then went off to her room. I stormed in the room only to find her asleep. Beside her was Niel. He was also asleep. I can’t help but to get jealous. I didn’t consider waking her up since she should get some rest. As for Niel…

Niel’s POV

After I helped her eat her lunch, which was so hard! I even had to warn her that I will never talk to her again if she didn’t eat it. She told  me that she was tired and she wanted to sleep. I helped her drink her meds first and before I know it she was already in her dreams. Stupid girl. She should take good care of herself all the time. I *ehem* Minwoo is not always around to help her. She should learn to stand on her own. And speaking of that guy, where is he?! I know I was selfish enough not to invite him a while ago but I thought he would excuse himself from the class to come and see her. But I already fed her and he’s still not here.

“Where is your boyfriend now, huh?” I said poking her nose. She didn’t seem to feel it so I laughed a bit. After I fixed our trash, I sat on the chair beside her bed. I bowed my head down and fell asleep too.

“Dude...” “Hmm?” I said with my eyes half closed. “It’s Ok now. Go back to your classes. I will stay.” After I realized who it was, I got my bag and stormed out of the room without even saying anything.

--------------------------------------------

Another UPDATE! (it's kinda short though) I don’t know what has gotten in to me. Haha. Ah well, Keep on reading! Nae? Kamsahaminida! <3