Locking eyes

Broken

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

I stepped out of the car into the cobblestone driveway. The house was huge. The rambling stone walls were covered with dark green ivy. The entrance to the house was lit up with candles in scones and the garden lights shone on the rare flowers and immacutely trimmed grass. These people were rich, I mused. We had arrived early and while waiting, the butler set before us, a bottle of wine. Soon, people began arriving and I made polite conversation with all the guests. Fathers and mothers asked for autographs to give to their children, men asked if our jobs paid well and other women swooned and huddled together in small circles, giggling and shooting flirty glances in our direction. Sungmin and I stood in the entrance hallway, sipping wine and talking amongst ourselves.

 

“Hey Kyu, you doing okay?” Sungmin asked, taking another sip of wine. I scoffed.

 

“I’m never doing okay. You, for one, should know that better than anyone else.”

 

“Well… at least try to move on…” he began, but I cut him off. We’ve had this conversation many times and I didn’t need to remind him anymore, but I did.

 

“No,” I hissed, “I don’t want to. I need her to know I’m sorry. I need her to know that I wasn’t myself that time. I’ll wait for her till the day I die Sungmin. Hear that? Never forget it.”

 

“Listen to me Kyuhyun. What you did isn’t an easy thing for her to forgive and-“ Sungmin broke off and his eyes widened in fear, excitement and… horror?

 

“What? What is it?” I turned to look at what he was staring at.

 

“No! Kyu! Don’t look!”

 

Too late.

 

I saw what he saw.

 

My glass slipped from my grasp and crashed to the floor, breaking into a million tiny pieces.

 

I couldn’t believe my eyes.

 

After five years, the change in her was drastic. Her once bloodshot eyes were sparkling and bright, her once sunken cheeks were filled out and rosy, her hands no longer shook with sadness and now lay beside her, poised, white and smooth. She seemed like a whole different person now, almost like the Min Young from my school days, the way she had looked before my actions had ruined her. She looked beautiful. Her green dress lighting up her shiny brown eyes, her turned up hair showing off her long neck and the way she held herself, in that determined manner, confirmed that I was looking at my best friend.

 

Hwang Min Young.

 

Is this a chance? Have the heavens started to shine light on my dark life? Have they decided to give me the chance to make things right?

 

She slowly turned at the noise of the dropped glass and her eyes met mine. I took one step towards her. Her little face was filled with fear, hurt and… something else I couldn’t place. I just wanted to hold her against me, to breathe in her luscious scent, to have her by my side again. Suddenly, I felt anger and hurt for what she left me with. A note, handwritten, and a ring. Her ring. Her engagement ring. The little champagne diamond sitting upon a band of silver. I wanted that ring to be on her finger. I wanted to hold those soft, kissable hands and marvel at the ring on her finger that indicated that she was mine.

 

Mine.

 

I need her in my life. Without her, I’m nothing.

 

Nothing.

 

I wanted to go to her but I was frozen in my position, and so was she. Neither one of us moved until Sungmin pulled me back to face him and Min Young’s beautiful face was gone from my sight once again.

 

“Kyu!” Sungmin called my name, tugging my sleeve away from her. All I could do was stare blankly into space at the moment and follow Sungmin away from the hallway. I heard hushed voices talking, a hand on my forehead and a soothing voice calling my name and asking if I was okay.

 

I could only process one thought from my aching head.

 

Hwang Min Young, I swear on my life that I’ll do whatever it takes to get you back.

 

 

Min Young’s POV

 

I sat down in one of the soft velvet seats at the amphitheatre. Soo Min sat beside me and squeezed my hand.

 

“What?” I asked her, looking at her and lifting an eyebrow.

 

“Glad to see that you’re getting over the shock Min Young.” she said laughing. I rolled my eyes at her and looked over to the stage.The heavy red curtain was still pulled across the stage, but I could hear the sound of things being dragged across the stage and the sound of instruments being tested out and tuned.

 

“I’m not over the shock at all Soo Min. Frankly, I can’t believe I really did see him. Oh, he looked so tired and…” I paused as I thought of a word to describe Kyuhyun.

 

“Guilty.”

 

Soo Min’s POV

 

I bit my lip as Min Young uttered the word “Guilty”. Keeping Kyuhyun’s secret is turning out to be a rather difficult thing for me to do. How could I tell her that Kyuhyun and Seohyun were no longer together? How could I tell her that Kyuhyun still loves her? How can I when I know that it would ruin her once more?

 

I sat by my best friend for that one year and watched as she burst through my bedroom door countless times, crying because of Kyuhyun. She was so disgusted and unhappy during that time. She lost so much weight and that sparkle from her eyes was gone. I thought that she was going to move on. But she didn’t. She persisted in loving Kyuhyun.

 

Min Young was never a forgiving person, and no doubt she would not forgive Kyuhyun easily. But I know that in her heart, she already has. No matter how much she denies it, she already has forgiven him.

 

She has forgiven him because, even as a child, Min Young had loved Kyuhyun too much.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

“Are you sure it was her?” Leeteuk asked for the hundredth time.

 

“Yes I am sure!” I sighed in exasperation.

 

“But how could we not have known?” Leeteuk wondered out loud.

 

“Look, we were in Japan for a month. Besides, why would she contact us?” Eunhyuk said.

 

“Soo Min didn’t even tell me…” Donghae said quietly.

 

"What did you say to her?" asked Eunhyuk.

 

"Nothing... there was just a silence..." I said.

 

"A silence?" Eunhyuk scoffed.

 

"Yeah... a silence."

 

"What silence?"

 

"Okay, enough about the silence!" Donghae shouted.

 

“What should I do? I want her to know I’m sorry! I want her to know I love her…” I pleaded for help. I needed help, and my band members are amazing when it comes to that.

 

“Kyuhyun has his solo performance in 5 minutes!” A stagehand called.

 

“Oh, what about dedicating the song to her?” Sungmin suggested, scanning the lyric sheet.

 

“Oh yes!” Ryeowook cried out, “It would be so romantic! Like in a drama!”

 

 “The lyrics are just about right to describe how you feel… coincidentally…” mused Donghae, looking over Sungmin’s shoulder at the lyric sheet.

 

“What?!” I panicked, “Isn’t that incredibly cheesy?”

 

“Hey, Min Young likes cheesy.” shrugged Siwon.

 

"No she doesn't!" I protested stubbornly.

 

“Just do it.” half of the members cried.

 

“Is Kyuhyun ready?” a stagehand called.

 

“Oh yes, he is.” answered Leeteuk and pushed me out to the stage.

 

“I can’t do it Leeteuk…” I whispered to him urgently.

 

“Yes you can. You’ve been waiting for this chance for five whole years. Don’t mess it up.” he said as he disappeared backstage, "Oh, and... good luck Kyuhyun. We believe in you."

 

Leeteuk was gone.

 

The curtain was pulled back.

 

Amongst all the people I caught sight of one person.

 

Hwang Min Young.

 

Just the sight of her gave me courage, for me to say what I needed to say to her.

 

Min Young, please listen to me…

 

“Good evening everyone. Five years ago, I made a huge mistake,” I began, choosing my words carefully. I couldn’t let too much information be leaked out to the public, “and because of that mistake, I lost someone. Someone I truly cared about and loved. I have never once seen that person for five years now. Tonight, I want to dedicate this song to that person. To tell that person how sorry I am and how much I love that person.”

 

Min Young sat, her brown eyes fixated upon me. I thought I caught a glimpse of a smile, but when I focused on her again, it was gone.

 

The clapping died down and I began my song.

 

I thought this was the end of my memory
The faces I’ll never see again pass me by
I stood at the end where I couldn’t do anything
I put my hands together and just prayed

So I could show you my heart
That still hasn’t done everything

Get up again
I want to see you who has waited for me
Go back again
I want to say “I love you”

I thought the entire world stopped
Only the happy times pass me by
I stood at the end I thought I wouldn’t have
I just prayed like that

So I can feel the love
That I’ve passed by

Get up again
I want to see you who has waited for me
Go back again
I want to say “I love you”

I’ve lived without knowing
How precious you are

Get up again
I want to see you who has waited for me
Go back again
I want to say “I love you”

 

Love Again by Cho Kyuhyun

 

I finished the song and bowed. I looked around for Min Young. Panic welled up inside of me.

 

She was gone.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

 

Another delicious cliffhanger... :3

 

Oh, and thank you for all your comments!!!

 

I honestly can't figure out how to put gifs and pictures into this story... Oh well....

 

Do you like it so far.... or am I dragging it?

 

Thank you for your support!!!

 

XOXO