Leaving

Broken

 

For the next week, I cut myself off everything. I wouldn't speak unless I was asked a question. Even then I gave mono symbolic answers. Even before I found out about them sleeping together, I'd been sent out of my bedroom and slept on the sofa of the living room. Kyuhyun slept alone, he preferred it that way, ever since Seohyun was here. 
 
For many nights he had neglected me. I put up with it. Now I'll do the same to him. 
 
Then something happened. 
 
The last straw. 
 
The one thing that brought me to my senses. 
 
The thing that made me leave.
 
It was a cold night, the sky was dotted with a few stars and I was doing the laundry. I had to get Kyuhyun's towels. I got up with a sigh and walking past Kyuhyun, without so much as a glance in his direction, I strolled into the master bathroom to collect the used towels and replace them with new ones. This was my daily routine now, I would cook and clean for Kyuhyun while he goes off with Seohyun. As much as it hurts, I endure it. I endure it because I love him. He was in the master bedroom now, watching some drama on TV. Seohyun was away that night. He would ignore me as usual, try as I might to start a conversation, he would ignore me. 
 
Has his love for me faltered so fast? 
 
Suddenly, something on the counter of the sink caught my attention. 
 
A pregnancy test?! 
 
Two lines meant that it was positive... Didn't it? 
 
It must be for him and Seohyun. 
 
What about my family? 
 
Our family?
 
Our little Kyu Jun, whose life had withered inside of me? 
 
How lucky Seohyun was. 
 
To bear Kyuhyun's children. 
 
Suddenly, a White hot fire burned within me. Anger, jealously and frustration boiled in me and caused me to break away from my dutiful wife image. 
 
"CHO KYUHYUN." I thundered from the bathroom. My voice must have sounded much different from the way it usually did because his head poked around the edge of the doorframe and the colour drained from his face. 
 
"H-how did you-" 
 
"What is this?" I asked quietly. I was crouched on the floor, holding on to the sink with one hand and the other tightly clutching the pregnancy test. 
 
"I- I can explain..." he faltered. I found the strength to get up and look Kyuhyun in the eye. Those eyes that once looked back at me with love and passion were now filled with guilt and sorrow. 
 
"I'm tired of this. This-this thing with Seohyun. I'm your WIFE Kyuhyun!" I cried out loud, trembling with anger. He sighed and tried to put his arms around me. Flinching at his touch, I pushed him away. I was disgusted by his actions and I didn't want him near me.  
 
"Min Young..." of course that was all he could say. After all he did "sorry" wouldn't be any good. I continued. 
 
"A year Kyuhyun. A year. One WHOLE year of enduring your stupidity and idiocy. Do you think it was EASY enduring you and "Hyunnie" together?! Did you thunk that it was EASY watching my husband cheat on me with another woman RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES?! You are heartless Kyuhyun. You don't love me-" 
 
"I DO LOVE YOU." he shouted in anger. 
 
"NO you don't! If you did you wouldn't even THINK about Seohyun." he was crying now and so was I, but I continued nonetheless, I needed him to know how I felt. 
 
"Do you not love me anymore Kyuhyun? Did your love fade for me so fast? Or was it that you were just thinking that you loved me? When you married me you committed yourself to our joining forever, that your love for me would never go away, that you would stay with me as long as we both shall live. But we're not even together anymore..." 
 
"What do you mean?" 
 
I grabbed his hand and pulled him to his study, throwing the piece of paper at his feet. 
 
"HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT?"
 
He knew he had taken it too far, but he still persisted in defending himself and that made me angrier than I already was. 
 
"It isn't my fault!" he insisted loudly. I softened. 
 
"Then it's my fault. My fault for not being a good wife, my fault for not making you happy enough, my fault for not being able to give birth to Kyu Jun... I'm sorry Kyuhyun. I'll make you happy now." 
 
"I don't understand you." 
 
"You will." 
 
I left him standing in his study and  to let my endless nightmares haunt me.