Misunderstandings

Broken

Min Young’s POV

 

By the end of the song, everyone was standing up and clapping. I took this chance and slipped away from the theatre room, away from the villa and walked along the sidewalk, thinking about Kyuhyun’s words and his song, thinking about the last five years, knowing that I’ll never stop loving Kyuhyun even if he doesn’t want me anymore. How can he stand in front of a whole audience and sing a song dedicated to Seohyun? The nerve of him! Seohyun must have left him too… Oh, Kyu…

 

“Good evening everyone. Five years ago, I made a huge mistake,” Kyuhyun began, “and because of that mistake, I lost someone. Someone I truly cared about and loved. I have never once seen that person for five years now. Tonight, I want to dedicate this song to that person. To tell that person how sorry I am and how much I love that person.”

 

Every word of his song filled me with emotion, and I remembered how we used to sing together when we walked back from school. He told me that all his songs were meant for me, and now, this one, was sang to Seohyun.

 

Seohyun.

 

I walked and walked, not knowing where my feet were taking me, just wanting to get away from all the old memories and him.

 

I stopped when I came to a small park, I saw a small family playing in the playground. The man and woman sat on the love seat, watching as their two children played happily. I smiled at the sight of how happy they were and wished for my happiness.

 

The happiness that I have prayed and wished for with all my heart, happiness that could only be complete with Kyuhyun.

 

I came to a small pavilion by a lake and sat there, looking down at the dark moonlit water and watched as ripples occasionally disturbed the peace and calamity of the water. My life was like that, always rippling, always disturbing the happiness. I hope that one day, the ripples would fade, like they do here, and leave me in peace.

 

Over these five years, I had ignored the ripples, built a fort around myself to keep the ripples away. But by doing so, the ripples stayed.

 

But the ripples will always fade in the end.

 

Won’t they?

 

I don’t know how long I sat down thinking at the pagoda, but it wasn’t for quite sometime till a certain voice pulled me from my thoughts.

 

“Min Young,” an out- of- breath voice spoke, “you’re here.”

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

I drove through the dark streets, looking around for Min Young. Soo Min did not know that she had left and Min Young wasn’t picking her phone up.

 

“Damn it Youngie,’ I cursed as I exited another café. It was almost midnight, and she was no where to be found. What if she had gotten lost, or robbed or ran over or or- I pushed the thoughts out of my head as I parked in front of a small park. I would never have forgiven myself if Min Young had got hurt tonight. I looked around the park, Min Young loved parks, she would sit for hours by the banks of the park lake, staring out into space.

 

Suddenly, I caught sight of a flash of green at the pavilion by the lake. I ran over to the pavilion to find a woman clothed in the same breath-taking green dress that Min Young had been wearing. My heart lifted as I saw her, Min Young. She hasn’t noticed me yet, I dare not go closer to her. Instead, I called her name.

 

Her head shot up and her red eyes glistened with hurt. She’d been crying…

 

“What do you want Kyuhyun?” she asked me in a hurt tone.

 

“Didn’t you listen to my song?” I asked her, confused.

 

“You mean the one dedicated to Seohyun? Yes. You’ve got some nerve Kyuhyun, saying all that in front of me.” she said bitterly.

 

What? To Seohyun? Since when- Oh no, she must have thought that I meant the song for Seohyun. Oh God, what do I do now?

 

“Min Young, the song wasn’t for Seohyun.” I said.

 

“Then who was it for?” she demanded.

 

“You…” I answered her softly. Her eyes widened and she sat as still as a statue for a while. I didn’t know what else to do but stand there and wait for what would happen next.

 

“So you mean to say that- that Seohyun is no longer with you?” she began shakily. I nodded slowly.

 

“Why? What about the baby?” she asked, her voice was getting very soft now.

 

“She wanted my money. And the baby wasn’t mine. It was some other man’s baby.”

 

“So you mean to tell me, that Seohyun was just playing with you for money, the baby wasn’t yours and you love me?” she asked, her voice was so soft I could barely hear it now.

 

I swallowed back the years of my stupid pride of foolishness to answer her.

 

“Yes.”

 

She got up from her seat and started to walk past me. I grabbed her wrist and spun her around, embracing her. I couldn’t let her go.

 

“I miss you Youngie.”

 

“You don’t mean it.” she said, struggling to get away from me. I held her closer.

 

“I need you with me Youngie.”

 

“Please, stop.” she cried, wriggling away from my grasp.

 

“I need you to know I’m sorry.”

 

“Your “sorry” doesn’t mean anything.” she said, pushing me away from her.

 

“I don’t need you, I don’t love you, I don’t want you in my life Cho Kyuhyun!” she shouted and ran away from me.

 

Running away from my broken and unforgiven heart.

 

I watched her fade from my sight, the dim light enveloping the girlish silhouette in it’s darkness till I could see her no more.

 

Her words stung, and pierced my heart.

 

I had just declared my love, and pleaded my forgiveness to her, and she had just dismissed them as if they were nothing.

 

Doesn’t she care for me at all?

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Kyuhyun stood at the pavilion and watched Min Young run further and further away from him. He started to go after her but was stopped by her words. Although they weren’t true, Kyuhyun did not know that, and he thought that Min Young hated him at that moment. He thought that he would never be forgiven. He had wanted to tell her that he didn’t feel any pain when Seohyun left him, he wanted to tell her that the pain she left him hurt so bad that he was practically lifeless during those five years she’d been gone. He wanted to apologize and have her back in his arms. But… she didn’t want him in her life.

 

Kyuhyun knew that when she had been crying, he was the reason for her tears. He knew that she would never completely stop hurting, and he blamed himself for that. But he didn’t know that throughout those five years her heart had hardened, she had built a wall around herself, cutting herself of all human feelings except the ones she felt alone. He didn’t know that she had tried countlessly, to mend all the gaps, holes and patches that he has made in her life. He thought that she still loved him, he thought he had been given another chance, he thought he could make things right again.

 

I’ve learned my lesson, can’t you let me make things right? , Kyuhyun thought bitterly. His own family had been furious with him, turning him away for a whole month before his older sister had decided to forgive him. But his family’s forgiveness wasn’t what he wanted. It was Min Young’s.

 

Ignoring the searing pain in his heart, he got back into his car and drove off. He drove until he reached the place he and Min Young had first met. The little playground opposite their school. He walked through the playground, into the school, relieving those long ago memories. He watched as their childhood ghosts appeared before him, holding hands, laughing. Nothing mattered to them, apart from the fact that they were best friends, and that they'd always stick together no matter what. Kyuhyun brought out a ring from his pocket. It was made of blue clay, the type used for pottery. 

 

Flashback 

 

"Kyuhyun ah!" a voice called from behind him. He turned to face his best friend. Today she wore a blue dress and her hair was in plaits. Her face was the picture of happiness. Hwang Min Young. 

 

"Yes?" he answered, excited because his best friend was so happy. 

 

"Lets be best friends forever!" Min Young cried and took from her bag, a packet. Inside held two clay rings, one pink and one blue. 

 

"What are those?" Kyuhyun asked curiously, picking up the blue one. Min Young giggled. 

 

"I made them with my grandmother yesterday. She said that these are promise rings, for the one you love and forever want to be with. And I'm certain that I love you and forever want to be with you!" Min Young said, her face beaming with happiness and joy. Kyuhyun's face flushed a little and he put the ring on himself. He then took the pink ring and slipped it on Min Young's finger. She gasped and threw her arms around him. 

 

"I love you Kyuhyun! Forever and ever." she had cried. 

 

End of flashback 

 

That was the first time Min Young had said "I love you" to Kyuhyun. He sat down and looked at the blue clay ring on his palm. It seemed to shine dully in the moonlight. He missed Min Young. He wanted her back. It had been five years without her. Isn't that enough? He asked himself. He was unaware that he was crying. He walked back to the deserted playground, and made his way to a large oak tree. He and Min Young used to spend their school days eating and sitting under this tree. He glanced at the tree trunk and gave a small smile. He reached out and traced the letters with his fingers. 

 

KH + MY 

 

There was a huge heart surrounding those letters. They had carved it using Kyuhyun's Swiss army knife on his 15th birthday. They had their first kiss here too. 

 

Flashback 

 

"It is done?" A fifteen year old Min Young asked as she sat down on the ground next to the oak tree, looking up at him. Kyuhyun smiled down at her and nodded. He slipped his swiss army knife back in his pocket and smiled proudly. He helped her up and then slipped his arms around her waist from behind. 

 

"Do you like it?" he whispered into her ear. 

 

"It's perfect." she whispered back. Kyuhyun laughed. 

 

"Of course it is! I carved it! Cho Kyuhyun carved it!" Kyuhyun laughed. Min Young laughed at his arrogance and pushed him away. 

 

"Oh really?" she taunted, "then it's obviously more perfect than me!" she smirked and ran in the opposite direction. Kyuhyun laughed and ran after her. He was taller and stronger than she was so he caught her easily. They fell to the ground laughing. Min Young lay below him and Kyuhyun held himself up by his arms. He leaned down and whispered into Min Young's ear. 

 

"No one can be more perfect than you are. Remember that. I love you." 

 

Min Young blushed a little and put a hand on his cheek. She looked into his eyes and smiled. 

 

"I love you too. Happy Birthday."

 

Kyuhyun smiled and leaned in, closing the gap between them. 

 

Their lips met. 

 

End of Flashback

 

Kyuhyun smiled at the memory. 

 

"Would I ever have her back?" he whispered to himself. The words she had said rang in his ears, refusing to leave. 

 

"I don't need you, I don't want you in my life Cho Kyuhyun!" 

 

Kyuhyun lifelessly walked back to his car and drove back to the dorms. He answered no questions and slammed his bedroom door behind him, locking it. He blamed himself for everything. It was all his fault. Min Young did nothing except be faithful to him until the very end. She stayed by his side until the hurt almost killed her. 

 

But what could he do? 

 

What could he do? 

 

 

Kyuhyun's POV

 

 

Min Young ah... Please come back to me. 

 

Please forgive me.

 

I miss you. 

 

I need you. 

 

I love you. 

 

 

Min Young's POV 

 

I lay in my bed, unable to fall asleep. I had brought out a little pink clay ring from my purse, and I turned it over and over in my fingers… Kyuhyun had one just like this, except his was blue. I remembered the day I had brought them to school. It was a sunny June’s day, and I had a present to give to my best friend, Kyuhyun. My grandmother and me had been making jewelry yesterday, and we made promise rings. They were cute little things, made out of ceramic clay. Grandmother had told me that they were meant for the one you truly love. I smiled at the thought of my younger self.  

 

"I don't need you, I don't want you in my life Cho Kyuhyun!" 

 

I cried softly into my pillow. How could I just say that to him? Him, Cho Kyuhyun. I love him…

 

He loves me...

 

With that thought, I fell into a dreamless sleep.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

 

Hello readers^^

 

Hope you're enjoying the story so far... hehehe....

 

Comment and subscribe please!!!!

 

Great... got school tomorrow.... :(

 

XOXO