The Keys

Broken

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

As the door slammed shut behind Min Young, the words she said echoed around me.

 

Sorry doesn’t mean anything.

 

You ruined it.

 

 It’s my fault. Always will be my fault.

 

“Kyuhyun, was that Min Young?” Eunhyuk came over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

 

“Yeah, it was.” I replied bitterly. He sighed and pulled me over to the sofa. He threw me a can of soda and plopped down on the floor in front of me.

 

“Look Kyu, we need to talk, about Min Young.” he began, watching me snap the can open and take a sip from it, “Min Young right now, is hurting. She’s been hurting for five years now, and so have you. You can’t expect her to forgive you all at once; it just doesn’t work that way. Besides, you know how Min Young is like, she doesn’t forget things easily. Let her vent and start off by being her friend, you know what I’m saying?”

 

“She doesn’t even look at me or talk to me. How on Earth am I going to be her friend? If it weren’t for Seohyun, we’d still be together!”

 

“You’re an adult now Kyu. Face up to your mistakes, stop blaming others. And besides, Min Young came over didn’t she? Why would she come knowing perfectly well that you lived here? Min Young is a smart girl, she wouldn’t come here without a reason, and I think that reason is to let you know that you still have a chance Kyuhyun. Think about it.”

And with that, Eunhyuk got up, took a drink from my soda and handed it back before saying, “I’m serious Kyuhyun. If you need anything else, I’ll be in my den.”

 

Before Eunhyuk could enter his room, I called his name.

 

“What?” he answered.

 

“Thanks Hyuk!”

 

“No problem Kyu, no problem.”

 

-

 

Min Young’s POV

 

“My song will be sung by who?!” I asked, my poise forgotten and frankly I didn’t give a damn that I was standing up in front of the CEO himself.

 

I must explain where I am firstly, after a whole hour in the morning trying to reduce the puffiness around my eyes from crying, I was late. Then I had stained my dress with coffee, causing me to change my outfit again. Once I got into SME I was at least half an hour behind schedule and the CEO had called me to his office, almost giving me a mini heart attack because i thought i would be scolded for my lateness. Perfect day to start a morning, just perfect.

 

“It will be sung by Super Junior KRY.” The CEO repeated, “I understand you were close with them last time? I thought it’d be easier this way, for you and for the three of them. Your song Let’s Not really would fit their voices Min Young. You will work with them and make any changes you feel will be efficient. I have my trust in your music.”

 

Easy?! Oh yes, how easy this would be. I had dreaded this moment. But yet, I feel happy about it. Strangely happy. I fiddled with my two Tiffany keys that hung on a slim gold chain, something I always did when I was nervous. My two keys were special to me... you may call them a good luck charm if necessary.

 

“Oh, I’m so sorry Sir,” I apologised, “Will I start working with them today?”

 

“Yes, in fact they are waiting for you in the main recording studio right now. Do you know your way there?”

 

-

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

“TWENTY MINUTES BEHIND SCHEDULE!” our manager shouted to no one in particular. We were seated in the main recording studio in three of the brown leather swivel chairs, while our manager was pacing the room and complaining about the “irresponsibility of new staff”. Yesung was humming the tune of a song, how he managed to look so camera ready all the time I never knew. Ryeowook was engrossed in fixing the button of his new blue sweater and I was just turning round and round in my swivel chair and laughing at our manager’s comments.  We had been scheduled to a full day with a new member of staff; her song was to be our latest comeback song.

 

“Dong Hyun ah, sit down for a moment! She’ll be here soon.” Yesung called from behind him, snapping open the top of a can of soda. As if on cue, the door opened and in stepped in the CEO himself.

 

“Good morning boys! Here’s the extremely talented woman you’ll be working with today!” he boomed and pushed a woman in before leaving the room. She looked strangely familiar, she wore the colour blue which brought out the two keys, one gold, one silver, hanging around her neck on a slim rose gold chain. Two keys... one gold... one silver... a slim rose gold chain. I gasped and lifted my head from my bow and locked eyes with... her.

 

Hwang Min Young.

 

Well, fate certainly does like to play around with me.

 

-

 

Min Young’s POV

 

I suppose I must explain about the keys. They were a present, an anniversary present to be exact, to celebrate our first year of being a married couple. Kyuhyun had brought me out to one of those fancy-shmancy restaurants and as we were leaving, had stopped me in the middle of the restaurant, placed the chain around my neck and leaned down to kiss me. The whole restaurant went wild, wooing and clapping. Blushing deeply, I hid my face in the lapels of his tux jacket while Kyuhyun thanked the restaurant and the customers. While we were driving home, Kyu suddenly looked over at me and held my hand in his saying, those two keys, one silver, one gold, the silver one represents the moon, hence the small pearls and diamonds, the gold represents the sun, hence the small rubies. The silver one belongs to me because since the moon represents the lady that means that I'd have the key to your heart, and the gold one yours because then you'd have the key to my heart. One without the other has no meaning for without the moon they’d be no night and without the sun they’d be no day. And he burst out laughing at the fact that what he’d just said was incredibly cheesy.

Anyway as I stood at the entrance of the recording studio, staring back at Kyuhyun, his manager broke our stares apart.

 

“WHY ARE YOU ALMOST THIRTY MINUTES BEHIND SCHEDULE?!?” he screamed. Yesung stuffed his fist inside his mouth to keep from laughing as his manager’s voice went up an entire octave, Ryeowook smiled nervously at me and looked back and forth between me and Kyuhyun, who suddenly seemed to have an obsession with his shoes for he kept looking down at them.

 

“I’m so sorry; the CEO had wanted to see me first before I came. I didn’t realise you’d be here so early.” I apologised in a soft tone, that tone that I knew had a strange affect on people, especially men and children. The manager’s look softened and said that it was okay and introduced himself as Dong Hyun.

 

“And this Min Young, is Yesung, Ryeowook and K-“

 

“We’ve met.” Yesung and Ryeowook interrupted, each giving me a bug hug.

 

“Yah, yah! What are you doing?!” Kyuhyun shouted suddenly as Yesung was giving me a hug, startling all of us.

 

“I’m just giving her a hug?” answered Yesung, giving Kyu a peculiar look. I shook some of my hair to hide my chuckling face. Kyuhyun was still exactly the same; he had always got jealous easily.

 

“Oh, is it respectful for you to do that?” Kyuhyun asked, struggling for a good reason to outsmart Yesung.

 

“We know each other well Kyuhyun.” I answered for Yesung. “It’s definitely okay.”

 

Yesung laughed and pushed me away gently.

 

“There, there Min Young. Our little maknae wants a hug too, go give him a hug!” Yesung laughed, pushing me gently towards Kyu. I shot him a glare as I reluctantly made my way to Kyuhyun. 

 

As I wrapped my arms around Kyuhyun’s waist, his arms encircled around my shoulders, breathing in the scent of my hair. It felt so right to be back in his arms, his body pressing against mine, my head tucked neatly just below his chin and his warm musky scent enthralled me. He brought me closer to him and leaned down to whisper in my ear.

 

"You still have the keys."

 

And while I was nodding my head, I begun to plan revenge. Revenge I never planned. Revenge I never meant to happen. But revenge nevertheless.

 

And that, I realised later on in my life, was one of my biggest mistakes and biggest achievements.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

 

I'm so sorry I couldnt update guys. But Min Young's out for revenge... I didn't want her to get revenge but I suddenly thought about it and it made things so much more interesting and lead up to the main plot so... deliciously. The angst is finally starting...

 

I'm going to be changing my foreword. I don't really like it much. Unless you guys say no of course. Hahaha.

 

I couldn't update much because of tests and things and I was away for quite a while... I'm really sorry.

 

Happy summer break guys! :D

 

I'm like half a month late ._. So punctual huh? 

 

Please subscribe and comment guys!

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!! I love you all for your support <3

 

XOXO