Rainy Days

Broken

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

The day had started out pretty badly. Firstly, it  was raining badly and I could not go out for lunch with Changmin. Secondly, I was stuck doing chores for Ryeowook and Eunhyuk all day. I whipped out the hot roast chicken Ryeowook made from the oven and balancing the hot tray in my hands, I dumped it onto the kitchen table and pulled off the oven gloves. I had a day off today, along with Ryeowook and Eunhyuk. I hated having off days; these were the days when nothing distracted me from thinking about Min Young.

 

I can never win the game that the heavens have set out for me can’t I?

 

The doorbell rang and I groaned out loud, running a hand through my hair, I looked around the apartment, making sure nothing embarrassing was in sight. The doorbell rang again. God, who was it that was so bloody impatient to get into the dorm anyway?

 

“Kyuhyun,” Eunhyuk called from inside his room, “answer the damn door!”

 

I ran to the door and wrenched it open to see a drenched Min Young in front of me.

 

“Oh my God, what are you doing here?” I asked her, pulling her inside.

 

“It was r-raining...” she answered, shivering in her thin clothes. I sighed as I wrapped a towel around her and walked back to my room to grab some fresh clothes for her. When I walked back out, she was still where I had left her.

 

“Here,” I said, handing the clothes to her, “Go take a bath in my room and I’ll make a hot drink while you’re in there.” She just sat; looking down at the clothes I had brought her and back up at me.

 

“What is it?” I asked, running my fingers through my hair once again.

 

“You...” she faltered, “you still have my clothes.”

 

What? I looked down at the clothes she held and realised that it was indeed, her clothes from the past.

 

“Its fine.” she said, hastily getting up and walking to my room.

 

“Hey,” I called out just as she reached for the door, “I see you still remember where my room is.”

 

When she answered, I could hear the smile in her voice.

 

“How could I forget?”

 

-

 

Min Young’s POV

 

As I stood under the hot water of the shower, I debated telling Kyuhyun that I knew the truth. Maybe I should give him another chance... I sighed and turned off the water after rinsing the conditioner out of my hair.

 

Kyuhyun sat on one of the bar stools in the kitchen, stirring a mug of something hot. Catching sight of me, he jumped up and walked over to me, handing me the mug.

 

“I made hot chocolate,” he said quickly, “your favourite.”

 

“Thank you.” I smiled up at him. Silence settled down upon us both as the thunder rumbled once again.

 

“Min Young?” Kyu called my name.

 

“Hmm?” I responded, sipping the hot chocolate.

 

“Do you...” he hesitated, “want to give us a try again?”

 

“No.” I answered curtly. No, wait! That’s not what I meant!

 

“Not yet.” I quickly added. Relieve flooded his face.

 

“Do you...” he said, “forgive me?”

 

“We’ll see.” I replied. His face asked the question he dared not ask me.

 

“Seohyun told me the truth.” I said, putting the cup in the sink.

 

“You’ve forgiven her? But- but she ruined us!” Kyuhyun said.

 

“No, she was forced to. You ruined it.” I said.

 

"I'm sorry Min Young."

 

"Sorry, is becoming a really common word Kyu. Think of something else. Sorry, doesn't mean anything."

 

He was silent.

 

“Thanks for the hot chocolate and the clothes Kyu. I’ll see you sometime.” I said. Just as I opened the door, he grabbed my hand.

 

“How can I make it up to you?” he asked.

 

“You can’t.”

 

And with that, I left.

 

Bad things always happen on rainy days, don't they?

                                                                                                                                                                                

 

YAY double update :D

 

I wish I could do more of these. I just want to get straight to the exciting bits :(

 

Anyway, I'll try to make it quick ok? Hahaha.

 

Please subscribe and comment! It really means a lot! :)

 

XOXO