Try Again

Broken

 

5 years later... 
 
Kyuhyun's POV
 
I woke up shouting in the middle of the night. 
 
Five years... 
 
A lot has happened since then. 
 
Super Junior is still going strong. I had to find a way to distract myself from the pain and singing seemed the only way. All of us have bright futures ahead of us and all of us are happy with what our lives had brought us. 
 
All except one. 
 
Guess who? 
 
Me. 
 
I have never stopped looking for her. I didn't love Seohyun. Neither did she love me. Her pregnancy was to another man. Shocking isn't it? I didn't care. 
 
What I cared about, was getting Min Young back. To tell her I was sorry for everything. To tell her I needed her. To tell her I love her. 
 
Walking over to my study I picked up the note she had left me. I didn't find this until a few days later she left. I didn't sleep for a full week because I was looking for her. 
 
Dear Kyu, 
 
I'm sorry for all that I've caused. I'll make you happy now. 
 
Is there a smile on your face yet? 
 
I want you to be happy. 
 
Min Young. 
 
A smile on my face?! 
 
I've spent FIVE years Youngie. 
 
Five whole ing years without you. 
 
Come back Youngie...
 
I'll change things for both of us. 
 
Please... 
 
I need you. 
 
I miss you. 
 
I love you
 
Min Young's POV 
 
Music soared out from the regal black grand piano before me. It was a present from my family. You may call it a... Comfort gift. Yes, a Comfort gift. The music was sad, most of my songs were. I wanted to write songs that people would relate to, songs that are understood by the broken-hearted. I was one of them, one of the broken-hearted, one of the lost souls, one of the ruined. Outside, I was cheerful, a whole new person from who I was hiding inside of me. I chatted with my colleagues, wrote songs for my agency and smiled when jokes are told. Inside, I was lost. I didn't cry, tears are useless. I was simply lost. Mending those broken seams weren't  easy, and once I did I still couldnt recover. How can a heart go on when it isn't filled? No, my heart was filled, filled with sadness, regret and confusion. So I went on with life, writing my songs, hoping the world understood my pain. 
 
I had sought refuge in China. I refused to live in Korea any longer, despite my family's desperate attempts to make me stay. I needed space and time to think, not crowds of people asking what had happened and consoling voices telling me how sorry they were. China was the perfect place, I could try to start a new life and put all this behind me. But try as I might, I couldn't. 
 
I had stayed for five years in China, I was able to carry on dutifully with my life, but I still had a long way to go to recover from everything. 
 
"That's really beautiful." A voice spoke from behind me. I turned to find Yeon Woo. She was the only other Korean employee here. 
 
"Thank you." I answered smiling. 
 
"Not to mention, it was really sad. Why do you always write such sad songs?" She enquired. I the keys again, playing the song. 
 
"I like ballads, they express my feelings, my past, who I was." I stopped myself. I couldn't keep rambling on. I had named this song "Lets Not", it was by far one of the best I've composed and my favourite. Yeon Woo nodded and didn't ask for details. I liked that she understood me. I didn't want people asking more about my past. 
 
"So..." she said, twisting her water bottle in her hands, "the director had asked you to meet him." 
 
"Again?" I frowned. I hoped it wasn't about me moving back to Korea to join an agency there. As much I wanted to, I willed myself to stay, but the more I thought of it, the more I wanted to leave. I braced myself and gave myself a little pep talk before I got up and walked over to the director's office, knocking before I went in. 
 
"Ah... Min Young..." He smiled as I came in. Bowing a little, I sat down before him. 
 
"I had previously asked you to move back to Korea to join an agency there," he began. I tensed at the mention of Korea. It always brought back endless memories, "An agency there is willing to take you as a songwriter and a singer. I have sent them a copy of your songs and your singing. Will you accept?" 
 
I simply sat there weighing my choices. 
 
I cannot go back. 
 
No. Hwang Min Young, you are NOT going back to Korea. 
 
But... Korea... 
 
I miss home more than anything and my instincts were telling me that I was ready to go back and try again. 
 
Try again...
 
Kyuhyun... 
 
At the thought of his name, I made my decision. 
 
The one decision that changed my life. 
 
"Sure." I answered.