Chapter 20

Ever After

KYUHYUN'S POV

It’s been a 2 days since we all got back from Okinawa, and I’m currently at the office staring at my phone. 

“Mr. President?” My secretary coughed.

”Ah. Mianhe. What were you saying?” I said, my mind still half focused on my phone.

”I just need you to sign this.” He said as he handed me a folder. “And to remind you that you have a meeting at 12pm with Mr. Chao, one of our Singaporean investors.”

”Okay. Thanks.”

I let out a sigh the moment my secretary left.

It’s been two days since we left Okinawa, and it’s been two days since I last saw Qian. She said we would be able to see each other and meet but so far, she’s been so busy at the firm. 

“Liar.” I muttered to myself.

I typed in a text and sent it to Qian.

What are you doing?

I was quite excited for her reply, but soon became frustrated because 5 minutes had passed and my phone is still not showing any notification.

I decided to to text Sulli.

Hey, Ssul. Are you with Qian?

After a few seconds came Sulli's reply.

No. She's at a meeting.

I sighed and put my phone down.

Qian was really busy. I knew she had a lot of work that piled up when she took that 1 week off, but I didn't think it was to this degree. She's been in and out of meetings and we've hardly ever talked or seen each other after the trip. And to add to that, it's now Thursday and on Saturday, Qian will be leaving for her trip to Qingdao.

I reluctantly went on my day and went to various meetings with my head up in clouds. It was around 5:30 when I got back to the office to finish up some things. 

I miss Qian, I wonder what she’s doing now. I sighed.

A phone call disrupted my thoughts. The screem flashed Qian's name and I answered it faster than lightning.

"Yeoboseo?" I answered.

"Hey, it's me."

"Hey. What's up?" I said, trying to sound very chill. 

"My meeting just finished. Are you busy?" 

"Yeah.Why?" I lied. I was trying to make an impression that I wasn't just lounging all the day the office thinking about her.

"Oh. I was going to invite you to dinner but since you're busy I guess I'm just going to have dinner with Sunny. Bye."

"WAIT!" I called out. 

"Yeah?"

"Um...We can have dinner." I mumbled.

"Didn't you say you were busy?" She asked.

"It's fine. It's fine. I can pick you up at the firm. See you at 6." With that I hung up.

I can never win against her.

I arrived at exactly 6 o'clock at Qian's firm. I was about to call her when I saw her leaving the building, with another man. They were both laughing and it seemed like she was having a swell time. An irrational surge of jealousy overcame meand I quickly got out of the car. I briskly walked towards the two of them.

"Qian." I said.

"Oh. Hey! There you are. Right on time." She said, turning to me and seemingly surprised. I instinctively wrapped an arm around her and kissed her cheeck.

"Yah." She looked at me, alarmed. Her face turning crimson red.

"I didn't know Noona was into public display of affection." The guy beside Qian snickered.

As I took a closer look at him, an air of boyish charm surrounds him, and he was undeniably handsome.

"Care to introduce me?" I said, raising my eyebrows at Qian.

"Ah. Kyuhyun, this is Henry Lau. He's one of my associates." The guy, Henry, extended his arm out but I just gave him a slight nod.

"Hey, that's not polite." Qian said as she jabbed  my rib.

"Ouch." I winced, as I reluctantly shook Henry's outstreched hand. Henry chuckled.

"You can never win against Song girls." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"Henry is also Sunny's boyfriend. You remember Sunny right?" Qian said.

"Sunny? Your sister? Isn't she in China?" I said.

"Well, she came to Korea 3 years ago. And she met Henry last year at our company's Christmas Party. They immediately hit it off apparently." She shrugged. "Anyway, we're going Henry. Bye."

"Bye Noona. Good bye Kyuhyun-ssi. Take care of Noona!" He grinned as I gave a reluctant smile.

I wasn't sure how to cope up with the embarrasment I felt a t feeling jealous over Henry. I didn't know he was Sunny's boyfriend. I just felt immediately protective over Qian.

"You are so weird." Qian said as she fastened her seatbelt.

"What? How?" I said.

She raised her eyebrow at me and glared. "You were jealous of Henry."

"A-Aniya!" I exclaimed.

She smirked. "C'mon. You were so obvious."

"I wasn't." I glared.

"Yeah right. Then what's with that sudden display of affection?" She laughed.

"Nothing. I was trying to be sweet."

"Okaaaay." She said sarcastically. "So, where do you want to eat?" 

"I'm actually very hungry. Want to eat at La Seine?" 

(A/N: La Seine is a buffet located at Lotte Hotel World)

"Yeah sure. I'm quite hunry too." She said.

We arrived at the Hotel in about 30 minutes. 

"Taking me to a hotel on our first official date huh?" Qian smirked as we walked towards the hotel's front doors.

I laughed. "Why? Wanna check in?"

"Tsk. What a ert." 

Our laughing was cut short by the sudden ring of Qian's phone.

"Oh. It's my mom. Wait." She said then excused herself. 

I was quite curious as to why Qian had to move away from me but I didn't really want to eavesdrop on her conversation with her mom, but the nosiness in me prevailed. I slowly walked a little closer to where Qian was standing. It was a safe distance but I could somewhat hear what she was saying.

"Yes, on Saturday I'll be there." Qian said on the phone. 

“I might stay for a week or more. I still have things to settle before going back.” Qian said. ”Yeah, I just need the Embassy’s approval.”

I wonder what that’s about..

”Okay, Mom. Bye” 

Qian turned to me and was surprised to see that I was closer to her than before.

”Hey! Where you eavesdropping?” She said, glaring at me.

”No.” I lied through my teeth. “I came up to you as soon as I saw you hung up.”

”Oh okay.” She let out a sigh of relief.

What is she trying to hide? I thought as I pushed a small smile.