our friendship can't be replaced

my cute driver

Bom-ah , today is my birthday , you know right ? i know you wouldnt forget my birthday . i miss you so much . how are you now ? bom , i can't find someone like you bom . i don't have any friend now bom . all of the girls out there is just a . they seems like a good friend but they're not . they just want my money . bom-ah , did you miss me ? i love you so much bom .

 i placed the flower infront of her grave . tears started to fall when i think of her . i still remember the first time we met . its been 4 years since we first met . 

i was 19 when i first met her .

 

~FLASHBACK~

 

"why are you crying ?" i heard a voice from behind . i turned around .

ohh its the new girl . park bom . why is she here ?

i shook my head . i wanted to leave , but she stopped me . she hugged me .

"you can cry ." she said .

i cried . for 15 minutes we're hugging , and i'm crying on her shoulder .

i released the hug , i wiped my tears and sat on the bench .

"i got a boyfriend . but she cheated on me . WITH MY BESTFRIEND ! no . she's not my bestfriend anymore . she is just a ! i hate her ! i hate him !" i spoke out . though i don't even know who she is . i don't care anymore .

"ohh , i'm sorry about that" she said .

"i thought sulli is not one of the girls out there . but she betrayed me . she just want my money just like those girls out there .and so as him ! i don't have any friend now . i don't want to have a friend !" i yelled .

"i can be your friend . i won't betray you . plus , i don't have a friend here . i'm new here right ? you can trust me ." she said .

huhh , can i trust her ? 

"show me something , that can make me confident that you will not betray me" i said . 

"i don't have anything to show you . its okay if you don't want to" so she is not going to beg me ? just like those girls ?

"heyy , wait ! lets be friends ." i said before she walked away . pabo dara . what if she betray you like sulli did to you ? then , i will stop trusting people . this is the last time .

she curved a smile and hugged me .

i hugged her back . 

"i'm bom ! i will be your friend until my last breath !" she said cheerfully .

i nodded .

since that day , me and bom are officially best friends . we even signed our cards as BFF .

-----

 

its been 4 years . we graduated from oxford . yeah , i know its hard to get into that university . But as long as you have money you can do anything . i may be a genius . but bom is just a simple person . but with the money , i brought her into oxford with me . she is brilliant . i oftens teach her . and she is a fast learner . so , it will be easy to teach her . she really a person that i can trust . poor her , she doesnt even have a mother . she said , her mother died when she was 5 . 

i'm thankful that i can feel my mother's love before she died . she died when i was 14 . in an accident .

we've been through many things . but still we end up together . she lived with me since last year . her step father remarried and his new wife kicked her out . 

"hey , stop dreaming !" she patted my head .

i gave her an 'ouch' expression . she laughed .

i laughed too .

"i'm not dreaming ! i'm just thinking" i said 

"what were you thinking ? you must have been thinking about me right ?" she asked playfully .

"how did you know ?" 

"you know , sixth sense " she said and laughed .

"tch . yeahh . 'sixth sense' " i smirked .

"bom-ah , yesterday you went to the hospital right ? what did the doctor said ?"

"nothing . he said , i need rest . i'm just tired ," i nodded .

"shouldnt i be the one who tired ? because i'm the one stay up all night just to teach you mathematic ."

she laughed again . yes , she really loves to laugh .

"so you are complaining now ?" she pouted .

i just laughed .

but , i'm worried about her health nowadays . she oftens get tired .

i'm afraid if something happens to her .

"yah ! you're dreaming again !" she yelled .

"ahh mianhae . i'm just worried about you ."

"i'm okay . don't worry . its late . i need to go to sleep ." she yawned . i nodded and she left me .

 

BOM POV:

 

mianhaeyo chingu yah . i didnt meant to lie . i just dont want you to worry about me . you have too much problem now . i dont want to be a burden to you . i'm truly sorry . but i believe you will know it someday .

 

DARA POV:

 

as i passed bom's room , i heard tears from her room .

i opened the door slowly and got in her room . seems like she didnt noticed .

her back is facing me .

"omma wait for me there . i'll be there with you" i heard she said in her sobs .

i rushed my steps and hugged her from behind .

"bom-ah , what are you talking about ? why did you cry ?" 

i saw an envelope . i grabbed the envelope and i found out that she had a heart disease .

her possibility to live is 6 or 7 months .

"WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS YOU FOOL ?!" i yelled

"mian ." she said . 

"bom-ah , lets do the operation . neh ?"

she shook her head . why ?

"wae bom-ah ?" i asked her .

"the doctor said that , the operation is 50/50 . i'm afraid that i'm not strong enough to fight it . you know how weak i am . ." she continues sobbing .

"but bom-ah , i want you to be healthy ." 

"but what if i do the operation and the operation didnt success ? i don't want to leave you alone . please , i still have 6 or 7 months to live . i wanted to celebrate your birthday before i'm gone ." 

"bom-ah , arasso arasso ." i nodded and shed my tears away . i hugged her tightly .

people always thought that i'm a lesbian . since i always stick around her .

but who cares . they don't know us .

since i know she had a heart disease , i oftens sleep with her , reminds her to take her medicines .

today is my birthday . usually , i'll invite people to come to my birthday party . but for this year , i'm not doing it . bom is getting worse . dad already wished me this morning . before he left . for works . again . while my stepmother and stepsister , went for a vacation .

"dara-ah" i heard bom calling my name .

"waeyo ?" i said as i got into her room . she shook her head and she asked me to lie down beside her .

she hugged me .

i hold her arms .

"dara-ah , happy birthday . May you have a blissful life . and i hope that you will find a man to love you as much as i love you . you have to remember that , once the right person came , you have to trust him okay ? and , i know , your stepmother and your stepsister will change one day ."

silence . .

"how did you know that old hag and that will change ?" i broke the silence and wiped my tears away .

she's not answering . i checked her heartbeat by holding her wrist .

bom-ah , why did you leave me ? on my birthday ? bom-ah , how could you leave me !!! i cried .

~END OF FLASHBACK~

since the day bom died , i don't even celebrate my birthday anymore . dad , keep telling me to invite people for my birthday party . i just ignored it . to me , there is no birthday party after bom's death . because she died on my birthday . Bom . .