Eight

My Bestfriend, My Boyfriend, My World

Later that evening....

Changjo's POV:

After punching Chunji hyung in the face, I ran straight home and locked myself in my room. I had been staring at the ceiling for about three hours now. I was trying to think, but my mind wasn't processing anything. 

The kiss had definitely disturbed me. What upset me the most was that Anna replied to Chunji hyung's kiss. I didn't know what to think of that.

Anna's POV:

I had felt really guilty the whole day. After I ran away from Chunji oppa, I ran to a nearby park. I think I cried for about an hour. My feelings were all jumbled up.

Did I still have feelings for Chunji oppa?

Was I truly in love with Changjo oppa?

I had been pondering about those two questions for such a long time.

Suddenly, a little boy and girl popped into my view.

The little girl was sleeping on the boy's shoulder. It was too alike with how I met Chunji oppa. I started to feel my heart waver. Was this a sign? Did I truly love Chunji oppa?

I denied whatever my heart had just felt. 

I was determined to go to the end with Changjo oppa. Whatever happens will happen. Fate will help me see the one who is truly meant for me.

The Next Day...

Changjo's POV:

I didn't feel like having to face Anna. She didn't know that I knew about her kiss with Chunji hyung. Whenever she tried coming to talk to me, I would purposely grab one of my friends and start walking in the opposite direction. I knew I would be hurting her feelings, but she had already hurt mine in the first place.

Anna's POV:

The whole day, Changjo oppa was avoiding me. I could sense it. Chunji oppa was avoiding me too, but I didn't feel like seeing him anyways. Just when I had decided to sincerely make things work with Changjo oppa, he was making it hard to do.

I was walking with my head down in the hallways. I had been having a crappy day. My boyfriend was ignoring me, I was late to class, and the teacher gave me detention.

I arrived in the detention room and saw another figure sitting there. My heart jumped a little. It was Chunji oppa.

When he looked up and realized I was there, his eyes softened.

"Hey Anna... what are you doing here?"

"Oh hey oppa... I was just late to class and the teacher wasn't in a good mood."

"Oh... haha. I was caught skipping class."

There was an awkward silence until Chunji oppa finally broke it.

"Anna... I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. Let's pretend it never happened."

I smiled a little. "Sure. I think that's the best thing we can do right now."

The teacher walked into the room and we stopped talking.

"Alright. I've decided that for your punishment, you two will have to clean up the garbage in front of the school gate. There's so much trash from you troublesome students. Now go. Hurry up."

Chunji oppa and I both grabbed a garbage bag and walked towards the school gate.

"So Anna... tell me how you've been all of these years."

"Oh ya know... my life's been pretty much the same. But anyways, tell me about you! What went on in America? Anything exciting?"

"No not really... At first, it was a little weird to get used to the people. But there were a lot of Koreans in my neighborhood anyways so it was pretty easy trying to make friends."

"Oh that's good! But you were probably sad when you had to leave them, weren't you?"

"Yea I guess I was, but I like you better."

I looked at him with wide eyes.

"As a friend, Anna. Don't worry. Remember what we agreed on? Just forget and move on."

I nodded and continued to pick up trash. I didn't know why, but there was a part of me that was disappointed. Just friends... Did I really just want to be friends?

We got a lot more talkative as time passed on. Soon, it was as if the kiss hadn't even happened. We were talking like we were best friends.

Changjo's POV:

When I got home from school, I decided to take my motorcycle out for a drive. Anna hated it whenever I rode it. She always thought something bad would happen to me.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4q9ja-O95N7MD0AzYSUk

(Hehe... red. It matches his hair in the story. ^^)

I just drove around endlessly, not really caring where I went. I somehow ended up driving to school. I parked near a tree and walked around the schoolyard.

Anna's POV:

Detention had ended and we had decided to go back home now.

"Anna give me your trashbag. I'll throw it away for you."

Chunji oppa reached over and took the trashbag from my hands. In the process, our hands touched and I blushed at the sudden contact. I looked over and saw him blushing too.

"Thanks oppa... I'm going to go home now. Bye!"

"Wait! Anna! Wait for me! I'll walk you. For old times' sake."

I nodded and waited for him to throw the trash away. I saw him walking towards me and smiled.

As we started walking, Chunji oppa grabbed my hand and his fingers interlocked with mine.

"O-oppa.. what are you doing?" I stuttered.

"It's fine Anna. We did this when we were friends in the past, not even dating. So what's wrong with it now?"

I guess it made sense... kind of. I just went along with it until he dropped me off at my house.

"Bye oppa. See you tomorrow!"

"Tomorrow? Oh yea... tomorrow."

"Haha yea! (: Bye oppa!"

He grinned at me and walked away, but not without planting a kiss on my forehead. I started to blush.

"Bye princess."

I saw his retreating figure and felt my heart beating. What was wrong with me?!

Changjo's POV:

After a while of walking around the school, I decided it was time for me to go back home. Right then, I saw something that I really did not expect to see.

Anna and Chunji hyung were walking together, with their fingers interlocking. They were smiling at each other and giggling together. Was Anna cheating on me? Chunji hyung wasn't even back a whole week and he was doing this to me?!

I was furious.

I stomped over to my motorcycle and sped away. I took the back route so that Anna and Chunji hyung wouldn't see me.

Was this what was actually going on?

My childhood friend and my girlfriend were dating behind my back?!

Fine. If Anna wanted to play dirty, so would I.