Twelve

My Bestfriend, My Boyfriend, My World

Anna's POV:

I ran as fast as I could until I ended up off of school property. Oh well... I was skipping school again. Eventually, I slowed down and started to walk calmly along the sidewalk. My feet took me to a busy shopping area. There were market stalls and clothing racks all around me. For some reason, I was able to clear my head even better with the noisy people around me.

I looked up to the sky, hoping for something. I didn't know what that something was. I just wanted help. I wanted to know who the right person for me was. Was I supposed to forgive Changjo? Or was I supposed to go to Chunji oppa?

As I was walking around, I saw a familiar figure. The figure was too familiar. The red streaks in his hair and his many rings. I knew all too well who they belonged to.

I don't know what came over me, but I slowly started to walk towards him. He was slouched on a bench, staring at the ground. His hand was still gushing blood, but he didn't seem to care. With that thought in mind, I walked over to a local pharmacy and bought some gauze and ointment. I also bought some disinfectant wipes.

I snuck up next to him and sat down. He didn't seem to notice my presence. Without warning, I took his hand and unraveled the bloody gauze that was starting to fall apart. Changjo looked up at me, and I saw how shocked he was. Before he could say anything, I started to wipe his wounds with disinfectant wipes, causing him to wince in pain. I blew on the wound, trying to lessen the pain. As I continued to treat his hand, I could feel him staring at me.

Finally, I was done. His hand now had ointment and fresh gauze on it. I turned to face him.

"What? No thank you?" I didn't try to sound so mean, but it unknowingly came out that way.

"What? Oh... uh... yea. Thanks," he muttered quietly.

Then we just sat there in an awkard silence. Finally, he spoke up.

"Why are you helping me? Shouldn't you be hating me right now. After all... I did some things that were unforgivable..."

I scoffed.

"Well at least you know."

There was another awkard silence.

"Anna... I'm sorry. I really am. What I did... I know. It was digusting and low. The jealousy just boiled inside of me. But I couldn't help it! Seeing the one I loved with another person just made me feel hopeless. Without you, I'm a mess. And it's only been a little more than a day."

I stayed silent, but his words kept swirling around in my head. He loved me. He was jealous. He felt hopeless.

I started to understand what he was feeling. After all, I had felt the exact same way after I saw him kissing Jessica...

"Anna? Please. Answer me. At least give some idea as to whether or not I still have a chance with you." He looked at me with sincere eyes. I immediately melted when I saw them. His deep brown eyes were piercing through mine.

Shyly, I nodded. I was starting to feel sorry for the outburst I had yesterday.

I saw the sparks in his eyes and a smile started to form on his face. I couldn't help it. I smiled back at him.

Suddenly, he pulled me into an embrace. I missed this. I missed his smell. His touch. His warmth.

I buried my head into his chest and snuggled up against him. Although there was still a bit of pain, I knew I had forgiven him deep down inside. I hadn't forgiven him now. I had forgiven him earlier on. I secretly just wanted him to fight for me.

He hugged me even tighter, with his arms circling my waist. Now this was the Changjo oppa that I knew.

I pulled away and looked up. Not even a second later, his lips landed on mine. I closed my eyes. I missed this too. 

Suddenly, I felt a jerking motion as I was pulled away from Changjo oppa.

I turned around to see Chunji oppa holding my wrist. He looked furious.

Changjo oppa looked up and when he saw Chunji oppa, he looked just as mad.

Instantly, Chunji oppa punched Changjo oppa in the jaw.

"Changjo oppa!" I tried to run over to him, but Chunji oppa held me back.

Changjo oppa started to rub his jaw and glared at Chunji oppa.

"Just what the hell do you think you're doing?! You think forcing her to kiss you will fix everything?! Listen buddy, I'm pretty sure I made this clear the other day. Anna is no longer your girl. She's mine." Chunji oppa started yelling. His face was turning red.

But I was starting to get ticked off too.

"Chunji oppa... I'm not an item. No one possesses me. I can be with whoever I want to be with." I had a stern voice, but I wasn't that angry.

Chunji oppa's gaze softened. Suddenly, he asked me the question I had been pondering about all day long.

"Then Anna... Who do you want to be with?"

I looked over at Changjo oppa who was still on the ground, and then I looked back at Chunji oppa.

"I want to be with..."