Ten

My Bestfriend, My Boyfriend, My World

The Next Day...

Changjo's POV:

I waited for Anna near the school gates, but she didn't show up. Thirty minutes after the bell rang, I gave up and walked into the school with my head down. Where was she? Come to think of it... I didn't see Chunji this morning either. 

My fists clenched at the thought of them skipping school together. Wasn't skipping together yesterday enough?

Anna's POV:

When I woke up, I felt like crap. Crap that had been cheated on by the guy I loved. I wasn't in the mood to face Changjo oppa after what I had seen yesterday so I decided to skip school and headed down to the kitchen to eat breakfast. My parents had already gone to work a while ago.

I heard someone knocking on the door, so I walked over to open it. I smiled at the person at my door.

"Hey Chunji oppa! Shouldn't you be at school?"

"Should you be at school? Haha. I knew you weren't going to go to school today so I decided to keep you company."

I grinned at oppa. He was so considerate and always knew how to make me feel better.

The whole morning, we sat on the couch together in my living room and talked for hours and hours. We avoided the subject of Changjo oppa and talked about everything from the latest celebrity gossip to what we wanted to buy at the mall. Not to mention, we pigged out and literally emptied out my entire cabinet of junk food.

"Anna... I think I gained about 20 pounds today," Chunji oppa said while rubbing his belly.

"Hehe(: Oppa, I don't understand why you're so worried about your image. Honestly, you're really good-looking. Eat to your heart's content!"

"You really think I'm handsome?" He looked at me and I started to blush and look away. Suddenly, he became serious.

"Anna... do you think we could ever go back to the way things were before I moved to America?"

I continued to stare at the ground. Go back? I would love to go back... but I didn't know what my actual status with Changjo oppa was right now. Although, a part of me felt guilty for having these thoughts.

Chunji oppa grabbed my shoulders and lifted to my chin. We were now staring into each other's eyes.

"You don't need to answer me right now, Anna. Just know that my feelings for you have never changed. The whole time I was in America, I didn't look at any other girl, because a certain someone had already stolen my heart."

My eyes widened and my heart started to beat faster. He still loved me? I looked at down and noticed he was wearing a necklace. Our necklace.

When he noticed that I wasn't responding, he sighed.

"Anna... I'm going to go now. Don't think too much and relax." He kissed my forehead and headed out the door.

Thoughts clouded my head. Why was my heart beating faster? Should I give Chunji oppa a chance?

I ran over to my room and rummaged through the boxes in my closet. Finally, I found what I had been looking for. The golden necklace Chunji oppa had given me before he had left for the U.S.

Eventually, I fell asleep while holding the necklace in my hands.

The Next Day...

I decided to go to school today. I didn't want the homework to stack up and I wanted to keep a better attendence record.

I walked to school alone today. Chunji oppa had texted me earlier and told me he was sick. 

Right when I reached the school gates, I fast-walked to my locker while trying to cover my face. I didn't want anyone to see me after what had happened two days before. Everyone probably thought I was a pathetic nobody that got played by a school kingka.

"Anna!" I heard someone yell my name.

I froze in place and didn't turn around. Suddenly, I felt someone turn my body around.

"Anna? Look at me. Why aren't you looking at me?"

I sighed a breath of relief when I saw who the voice belonged to.

"Hi L.joe oppa." I gave him a small smile.

"Now that's the girl I know. You look prettier when you smile." He gave me a cheeky grin. I blushed.

"Thanks oppa(: So is there anything you need?"

"Well actually... I heard about what Changjo did to you."

"Oh...." My face fell when I heard those words. I felt the tears welling up again. L.joe oppa pulled me into a hug, as I started to cry.

"Shhhh. Don't cry. Everything's going to be alright. Don't worry. Just forget about the jerk." I looked up at him.

"Oppa. You do know that he's one of your best friends right?"

"Of course I do silly. I'm just trying to comfort another best friend of mine. Besides, what he did was really low." He smiled at me and linked his arm through mine.

"Now come on. Let's get to class."

I walked to class with L.joe oppa. His attempts to cheer up gave me strength. He dropped me off and headed towards his own class.

"Bye oppa! Thanks!(:"

I entered the class and sighed.

Without Chunji oppa here, I was lonely.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Changjo oppa and Jessica sitting together. I tried to listen to the lecture, but finally gave up when I noticed Jessica trying to touch Changjo oppa's hands.

I raised my hand.

"Yes Ms. Park? Is there anything that you need?" the teacher asked me.

"Um... I'm not feeling so good. May I go to the nurse's office?"

The teacher nodded and I walked out of the class. I could tell Changjo oppa was staring at me.

Changjo's POV:

I watched as Anna walked out of the classroom.

I raised my hand and asked the teacher if I could go to the bathroom. I got permission and quickly tried to catch up with Anna. I noticed her leaning against the wall with her head down.

"Anna." I called out her name without even thinking.

She looked up and saw my face. Then she turned around and started to walk in the opposite direction.

I ran to her and back-hugged her. I snuggled my face in her neck. I could feel her stiffen.

"Let go of me." She was so cold to me. I felt my heart breaking with every word she said.

"Anna... I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight before. I was too absorbed with jealousy." She pushed me away and faced me.

"Jealousy? What was there to be jealous of in the first place?" She looked at me with a cold look in her eyes.

"I saw... I saw you and Chunji walking with your fingers interlocked. I even knew about you and Chunji kissing by the tree." 

She looked at me with wide eyes.

"How... how did you find out about the kiss?"

"Jessica sent me a video. I got angry. I'm sorry. All I could think about was the pain and decided to get back at you..."

Her eyes were different now. They weren't cold anymore. They were angry.

"So you decided to go ahead and make assumptions without even listening to my side of the story?! How could you?! And to make things worse, now I know that you were thinking straight when you were kissing Jessica. You were thinking about revenge."

I felt wronged. How could she not understand what I was feeling?

"If anyone should feel sorry for themself here it should be me! You were the one that cheated on me first! You have no right to get angry with me!" I shouted at her. But right when after I finished yelling, I regretted it.

"CHEATING?! I never cheated on you! The kiss was an accident! Chunji oppa just became angry with me and his feelings overtook him, but I deserved it! I broke an important promise! He apologized to me after and we decided to stay as friends. But you never even bothered to talk to me about what it. You even tried to get revenge! What kind of guy would do that if he truly loved someone? So that's it huh? You never trusted me in the first place! You know what Jonghyun, we're over. I'm done with this s***. To think I was in love with an a**hole who never trusted me to begin with." She stomped away, leaving me to crumble onto the floor.

Jonghyun... She called me Jonghyun. She only called me that when she was really angry.

I had blown everything. My slight chances of getting back with Anna were now diminished.

"AHHH!" I screamed. I tried to forget about everything. I ran home and started to chuck things at the wall. Whatever was within my reach.