Chapter 16 – Why Can’t She Understand My Heart…?

That Man, That Woman

 

 “Hyoyeon-ah, have you ever thought of letting go? Not seeking any revenge? Just letting go…? I don’t want to see you hurt yourself while revenge. Come with me, let me provide for you. Please just leave him, leave Eric. Everyday I’m afraid that he might found out and harm you. Come with me… Let me love you… Please… Hyoyeon-ah… Please…”

Hyoyeon kept her head down. “Oppa, you know I can’t…” She turned away, afraid that looking at this man, she might just break down but she knows she has to take revenge for her father.

“Why...? Why... don’t you know my heart...? Why can’t you understand my heart? Why can’t you... just understand my heart...? My heart for you… Why...? Please… Hyoyeon- ah… Please… ”

 

That woman… Why can’t she understand my heart…?

Dongwan’s eyes reddened with tears. He wanted Hyoyeon, he wanted her safe and sound. He knows that being by Eric side is like planting a time bomb beside Hyoyeon. He was afraid… Afraid of losing her. Afraid of losing this woman he loved.

Hyoyeon kept her silence, afraid that by giving Dongwan an answer might just give her away. She didn’t want him to know she was crying too. She quickly walked away, leaving the man behind, crying heartbrokenly and desperately…

That man… Please stop crying… I’m not worth crying for…