Chapter 12 – Thinking of That Woman

That Man, That Woman

 

Dongwan was strolling in the park for new ideas for his newspaper column. It was winter and the weather was unbearably cold. Unknowingly, his mind drifted to Hyoyeon. Questions like whether she is cooping well, whether she is keeping herself warm, whether she is wearing enough clothing, whether she is alright, whether Eric is taking good care of her, began to pop up in his mind.

Dongwan took out his phone and started scrolling through some of the photos he took of Hyoyeon. A shy yet sweet smile broke out on his face. 

How cute this lady is. He thought to himself as he stared at the photo of Hyoyeon he snapped when they were shopping together on the previous day. He wanted to see this lady again, wanting to make her smile, wanting to make her laugh, wanting to make her happy. His thoughts drifted to the previous day.

“Oppa! Does this hat look nice on me?” Hyoyeon exclaimed excitedly.

“Of course… NOT!! This hats looks way to nice to be on you!” Dongwan giggled mischievously.

“Hmph! Ahjusshi you are so mean!!” Hyoyeon placed the hat back to the counter and walked out of the store. Dongwan cringed at the cuteness of this woman as he whispered to the cashier to wrap the hat up and he will be back later to pick it up.

When he walked out, he saw Hyoyeon sitting at a café mearby with her lips pouting. When Dongwan walked towards her, she quickly turned her body facing away from him, showing that she is ignoring him. Dongwan grinned at this childish act.

“Ayigooooo… What will cheer our little pretty princess up again? Will a bagel and ice latte do the trick? Or a chocolate ice-cream would be better?”

Hyoyeon tried to hide her smile at the words Dongwan said. “I want everything!”

“Here go buy it yourself; I need to use the washroom…”

When Hyoyeon came back to their seats, she was shocked to see Dongwan, wearing the hat she had tried on earlier. It was quite an amusing sight, seeing Dongwan wearing a ladies hat and Hyoyeon broke out into laughter. Dongwan then stood up and wore the black hat on Hyoyeon. “Here! I bought this for you. I lied; you look really really pretty in it…”

Hyoyeon blushed at how close their face was and what Dongwan said. Dongwan soon came to realised it too and quickly sat down with his face as red as tomato. “I hope you like it…” He said, scratching his head sheepishly…

 

Dongwan beamed and giggled at the memories.