Chapter 14 – Confession

That Man, That Woman

 

[Oppa, will you accompany me to some place?]

[Sure thing, Hyoyeon-ah.]

Dongwan then realised that Hyoyeon was going to her father’s graveyard when they met up. He felt happy yet worried at the same time. Hyoyeon bringing him along to visit her father meant more than anything to him. It meant trust and willingness to show him her weakness. However, Dongwan hated to see this woman cry. It really just breaks his heart so much.

“Are you sure you want me to be there? I can always wait here you know. I don’t want to cause any inconvenience…”

Hyoyeon kept quiet, but she held on to Dongwan’s arm and led him right to CEO Kim’s tombstone. She placed her bouquet of flowers onto the tomb and knelt down. “Appa……” She gently touched the photo on the tombstone. Her voice cracked and she started sobbing uncontrollably.

She missed her father. She missed him so much. She never even had the chance to say goodbye to him. She felt sorry towards her father. It seems like it was all her fault that he passed away. If it wasn’t for her, Eric wouldn’t even have the chance to take away the company. If it wasn’t for her, her father would still be here. She missed him so much.

That woman… Why must she make my heart hurt so much… I wish I can take her pain away… I want to hold her tight and take her pain away…

At gate of the graveyard, Dongwan pulled Hyoyeon right into his sturdy arms and hugged her tightly. His words of comfort, warmth of his body, tears on his face, face resting on her head, caressing of her head seems to have melted Hyoyoen. She cried and cried and cried in the arms of that man.

That man... I am really thankful for him…

“Hyoyeon-ah, I love you. It breaks my heart to see you cry. Let me love you… Let me protect you… I will never hurt you. Because of my past, I thought I won’t be able to love again. I thought my heart stopped beating. Until you came, you made my heart beat furiously for you. You melted my heart. Hyoyeon-ah, I will make you smile again, I promise you… I love you. Let me love you...” Dongwan stared at the heartbreakingly beautiful woman in front of him and finally confessed.