Chapter 1- Encounter

That Man, That Woman

Kim Dong Wan slurps down the bitterness of his Americano as he smiled to himself. It was hard to relax like this nowadays. It was one of the rare days off from his busy work life as a reporter. He takes another slip as he open up his book. Then he heard some commotion, not far from the café he was sitting at.

A woman, clearly in patient clothing was frantically running around the streets. Shouting at people who came close to her, she started crying terribly. 

That woman is heartbreakingly beautiful.

Dongwan thought he needed to do something.  He went up to that woman and held her shoulders, trying to calm her down.

“Miss, please calm down. Calm down okay? Breathe in, breathe out. Okay, are you feeling better?”

At first the woman started to scream even louder and hurl abuses at Dongwan. However, the tightened grip on her shoulders and Dongwan’s deep but heart-warming voice seem to calm her down.  Tears continue to stream down her pale cheeks.

“Ahjusshi, can you tell me what the date is? Please.. ” her voice trembled terribly. 

“Sure! Today is the 17th of February.”

“No!! I mean.. I mean what year is it?” The woman trembled even more.

“Huh? It is 2013. Are you okay Miss?” Dongwan could sense something was terribly wrong.

The woman started bawling. Her face was filled with disbelief, angst and confusion. How could it be? She murmured to herself. Her heart seems to be splitting into half, no tearing into many pieces. Suddenly her vision started to blur up and the world started to spin.

She fainted right into the sturdy arms of Dongwan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hello sir! Miss Hyoyeon has already woken up…… and she escaped from the hospital.. Sir? Sir!”

The phone was slammed right onto the table.

“FIND HER!!!!!!!!!!!” He screamed at his right hand man.