Chapter Nine

Not So Cliché After All

Chapter Nine~ Go, go, go! <33

 


 

“Oh God.” Tao groaned. “This is probably the worst day ever.”

“Yeah, you’re telling me.” Chanyeol said in the same miserable tone.

“I just hope nobody would take a picture of us.” Luhan sighed.

“Fat chance,” Tao shook his head. “I swear, I won’t be opening my Facebook for a whole year.”

“Well, at least Luhan looks pretty.” Chanyeol commented.

“Shut up.” Luhan whined as he hit Chanyeol. “I hope Sehun doesn’t see me like this.”

“Oh God, Baekhyun too!” Chanyeol gasped.

“Why?” Tao asked them innocently. “My Min-min told me I look cute.”

“Shut up.” Luhan and Chanyeol scoffed at Tao.

 

It was the school’s annual cultural festival, and Luhan has no idea whose idea brilliant it was, but their class had the honors to open a maid café. It might sound cute at  first, yes, but it has a crazy twist in it: The boys would wear the maid costumes while the girls would wear the butler costumes. Of course, Luhan thought it’s okay since all the boys would be wearing those ridiculous clothes anyway, but by some act of fate, he, Chanyeol and Tao were left in charge at the promotions committee. It only meant one thing: the three of them would be displayed outside and distribute flyers to everyone.

Luhan is just thankful that he hasn’t run into Sehun yet. He could not even imagine how the other would react if he sees him in this frilly and itchy clothing. The doll shoes aren’t helping either.

“Why didn’t anyone think of a better idea anyway?” Tao said as he walked ridiculously. His whole physique screamed of testosterones.

“Yeah,” Chanyeol agreed. “Baekhyun’s class is having a laser tag tournament. That’s so cool.”

“My feet hurt.” Tao complained. “I want to go to Min-min. I want to play laser tag.”

“Let’s not, please.” Luhan pleaded. “How are we going to play laser tag in this silly outfit anyway?”

“Good point.” Tao agreed.

“I just want this day to end…” Chanyeol whined.

The three of them continued distributing flyers to everyone they see. Every now and then, they would see someone familiar, who would either laugh at them for minutes or would take a picture of them. The three friends decided to just it up and work. The sooner the flyers run out, the better. Halfway through the flyers, they were standing near the school gates when Luhan heard somebody calling him.

“Luhan?” The voice called, and Luhan recognized the voice immediately. He just wanted to dig a hole on the ground and hide. “Luhan! Is that you?! Hey!”

“Who is that?” Chanyeol asked.

Luhan squeezed his eyes shot before he faced the person and waved awkwardly. “Hey, Yixing-hyung!”

“Yixing?” Tao asked Luhan quietly as the person approached them. “You’re brother’s boyfriend?”

“Ugh…” Luhan whimpered. “This only means one thing. Joonmyun-hyung must be here somewhere…! I could already imagine him teasing us for this.”

“…And we’re out.” Chanyeol said as he and Tao scampered away, leaving Luhan to himself.

“You guys are so gonna get it!!!” Luhan called after them as Yixing finally reached him.

 

“Nice outfit.” Yixing commented as he chuckled. “I can’t wait for your brother to see this.”

“Hyung!!” Luhan exclaimed. “Anyway, instead of laughing, you and Joonmyun-hyung should just go to our café. At least my embarrassment would be compensated a little.” Luhan handed him a flyer.

“Maid café?” Yixing asked as he read the flyer. “Hmm, maybe we’ll go later. You know how Joonmyun loves his strawberry shortcakes.”

“Speaking of him,” Luhan said as he looked around searching for traces of his older brother. “Where is he anyway?”

“He’ll be arriving in a bit.” Yixing said looking at his watch. “His class just finished, so he told me to go here first.”

“I hope he doesn’t see me!!” Luhan said in horror.

Yixing snorted. “Why don’t you give me a tour first? I missed this place.”

Luhan complied as he brought his brother’s boyfriend in the different exhibits. He saw Chanyeol and Tao one time, but they ran when they saw Luhan, avoiding the chance of Joonmyun spotting them. Since Yixing and his brother Joonmyun are both alumni of this school, they always returned every cultural festival. Yixing’s “tour” was going smoothly at first, but when they went near the auditorium, Luhan tried to pull Yixing to go to another direction. It was the last place that he wanted to go to now, Sehun’s and the other’s class is having their laser tag tournament there.

“Hyung! Please!” Luhan pleaded as he tried to pull Yixing’s arm away. “Let’s not go there!”

“Why?” Yixing meanwhile dragged Luhan to the auditorium. “Don’t you know that your brother and I have so many memories there? Especially at the backstage!”

“Oh my God!” Luhan gasped as he covered his ears. “TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!”

“Oh and by the way,” Yixing looked like he remembered something. “I almost forgot to ask, that maid costume of yours, did you guys buy it or is it rented? Maybe Joonmyun and I could use it in one of our roleplays?”

“LALALALALALALA!” Luhan shouted as he tried to block the noise. “I don’t hear anything!! LALALALALALALA!!!!!”

Yixing laughed, as something caught his attention. “Look! There’s a laser tag tournament! Cool! Come on, Luhan!” He pulled Luhan by the wrist as he walked to the auditorium.

“I can’t go there, Yixing-hyung!” Luhan begged. “I… I’ll buy you and Joonmyun-hyung some free cakes later!”

Yixing thought about it for a moment. “Hmm… What should I pick? The curiosity of finding out the reason why you don’t want to go there or free cakes for me and Joonmyun? Gossip? Or free cake? This is too hard. Oh well since I love your brother, fine. Let’s not go there.”

Luhan sighed in relief. “Let’s just go somewhere else, please.”

“You’re cute.” Yixing pinched Luhan’s cheeks. “Not as cute as your brother though, makes me want to eat him up every time.”

“Ugh, gross.” Luhan rolled his eyes as they started with the tour again.

However, they haven’t even taken five steps when another voice called out to him.

“Luhan?”

Luhan squeezed his eyes in defeat as he recognized the voice. He turned around to see Sehun standing just a few feet from him and Yixing. Sehun’s face was expressionless, but his eyes are cold. He looked from Luhan to Yixing, and if he is not mistaken, he is glaring at his brother’s boyfriend. Sehun’s jaw clenched as he approached the two of them. He looked like he was going to punch someone any moment, and Luhan unconsciously took a step back.

“Oh, so you’re Sehun?” Yixing’s conversational voice suddenly interrupted the tense atmosphere.

If Luhan wasn’t sure that Sehun glared at Yixing, he certainly is right now.

“Yeah, what about it?” Sehun snarled at him.

Yixing nodded a mischievous grin on his face. “Oh, I’ve heard a lot about you.” He then put an arm around Luhan’s shoulders, which made Sehun’s left eye to twitch a little. “Thanks for taking care of Luhan.”

Luhan turned to Yixing in confusion, “Hyung---“

But he hasn’t had any chance to finish his sentence when he felt his wrist being pulled away by Sehun. Luhan nearly ran into somebody, who turned out to be his older brother, as he got dragged by Sehun away from Yixing’s grasp.

“Luhan is that you?!” Joonmyun called out. “Yixing?”

“Here, yeobo!” Luhan turned his head as he saw his brother hugged his boyfriend.

 

“Babe?” Joonmyun said when Yixing kissed his cheek. “What the hell was that?”

Yixing shrugged while smiling knowingly. “Your brother might be getting married soon.”

“What?” Joonmyun asked.

“I’ll explain later, yeobo.” Yixing said as he hooked he intertwined his fingers with Joonmyun.

 

Luhan eyed Sehun nervously as he let himself be dragged around the campus. They were both walking so fast that everything just passed in a blur. Even the pain on his feet was not noticed at all. Sehun kept a tight grip on Luhan’s wrist and he did not let go until they reached the deserted fire exit. Sehun looked away from Luhan right away as he paced back and forth.

“Sehun…?” Luhan asked as his eyes followed Sehun. “What…?”

Sehun turned sharply at Luhan. His usual gaze of warmth was replaced by an icy glare. “Who the hell was that guy? Why is he so touchy with you?”

Luhan stared defiantly at Sehun. “Sehun, please…”

“And you’re smiling so brightly at him.” Sehun’s voice was quiet yet has a lot of intensity in it. He faced Luhan penetratingly. “I thought… I thought you like… I thought you like… me?” The last word was almost a whisper, a pleading whisper. Luhan would have missed it if he was not paying attention.

Luhan tried talking back, but he was suddenly at loss for words. Is Sehun jealous?

Sehun continued to stare at Luhan, but he suddenly turned away. His expression full of defeat. “I… I’m sorry, Luhan. I don’t know why I acted this way. Let’s just…I’m really sorry.”

Luhan bit his lips as he tried to stop the tears from forming in his eyes. His voice quavered a little as he spoke up. “If you really must know, that guy… That guy earlier was Joonmyun-hyung’s boyfriend, Yixing. We were just waiting for hyung when you came. God, I don’t even know why I’m explaining myself right now.” Luhan took a deep breath as he continued. “And yes, I like you. I like you a lot. I know that you know that, Sehun. But right now, I don’t understand you. I don’t even know what I am to you. Could you just please tell me? I’m really confused, because you keep on doing things that make me think, that make me hope. Every time, you keep on doing stuff that makes me fall for you even more. But when you get too close, you always back off.”

Luhan waited for Sehun’s response, but the latter did not even look at him.

“I see,” Luhan said in defeat. “I can’t do this right now. I think I’ve embarrassed myself enough today.” Luhan left Sehun, still fighting the tears from his eyes.

 

When Luhan found Chanyeol and Tao, on the other hand, he started to break down. His two friends went to console him immediately, as Luhan recounted to the both of them (between the tears) what happened with Sehun.

 

 

 

 

As Luhan looked up at the dark ceiling, as he laid on his bed that night. He kept on wondering to himself:

Why did I fall in love with you, Oh Sehun?

 


 

Ending this one with a bit of drama. :p