Chapter Eight

Not So Cliché After All

Hello, hello! I'm posting three chapters tonight~ I'm kinda locked out from my room right now coz my floor's being fixed, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to write something tonight... But no worries. ^^

 


 

The next week could not have come any quicker. For some reason, even though Sehun still acted normally around him, Luhan felt like the other kept a safe distance around him. However, he did not have that much time to think too much about the matter. It happened one afternoon, when Luhan and Sehun are just to leave the campus. They found themselves being chased by Chanyeol whom by the expression on his face looked like he had seen a ghost.

“Luhan! Sehun! Wait!!” Luhan and Sehun turned around to see Chanyeol running towards them. His face is a mess, and traces of flour on him.

“What’s up?” Luhan asked when Chanyeol finally caught up to them. “Are you okay? You look pale.”

Chanyeol caught his breath for a couple of minutes before speaking up. “So something happened… At the baking club…”

Luhan sighed. “Is it Tao and Minseok? Are they going at each other again?”

“Oh they are going at it alright,” Chanyeol said with a horrified look on his face. “But not in the way you’re thinking…”

“What do you mean?” Sehun asked.

“Tao and Minseok…” Chanyeol swallowed dramatically. “They kinda made out. Who am I kidding? They MADE OUT, like legit, with tongue and all if I saw it right. Well, everybody saw. They kinda ate each other’s faces in front of the whole club.”

“WHAT?!” Luhan gasped. “WHAT THE HELL?!! How did that happen anyway?!”

Chanyeol shook his head and shrugged. “I don’t really know how. One minute the Tao and I are frosting our cake, then he and Minseok kind of argued. The next thing I know they’re kissing! I don’t even know who kissed who first!!”

“OH MY GOD.” Luhan exclaimed. “I can’t believe this. I mean, I want to laugh… But I don’t know if it’s right.”

Sehun, on the other hand, chuckled, which caused Luhan and Chanyeol to look at him curiously. “Finally…”

“What?” Luhan asked. “Did you already expect this to happen?”

Sehun shrugged. “Well, I did not expect the whole “making out” thing to happen. Just, Baekhyun and I have been teasing Minseok about Tao for the past years…”

“Oh…” Luhan and Chanyeol nodded. Clearly, they were the only ones who did not know what was happening.

“So where are they right now anyway?” Sehun asked. “Did they go home already?”

Chanyeol shook his head. “Nah… Mr. Wu wasn’t happy about the sudden public display of affection, so he sent them to detention right now.”

 

Luhan laughed shakily when he and Sehun are walking home. “I still can’t believe this… Kind of like the balance of the whole universe got messed up…”

“Yeah,” Sehun laughed as well. “I kinda want to see the look of those two already.”

“It’s just Tao and Minseok!” Luhan gasped. “I can’t imagine them kissing.”

“Me too…” Sehun said. “At least Minseok has the guts to take the plunge already.”

“What do you mean?” Luhan asked.

Sehun shrugged.

 

The next morning, Luhan is in the classroom laughing with Chanyeol when the classroom door suddenly opened and a chilling silence filled in the once noisy classroom. Luhan looked at the door to find Tao holding hands with Minseok.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to drop you off at your classroom?” Tao is smiling (!) happily at the shorter boy.

“It’s okay.” Minseok has the same bright smile on his face. “It’s next door.”

“I’ll see you at lunch then?” Tao said as he poked Minseok’s cheeks.

“Okay,” Minseok tiptoed to give Tao a quick peck. “I miss you already.”

“I miss you more.” Tao said as he watched Minseok go to his classroom.

It’s an understatement how Luhan’s and Chanyeol’s mouth are both hanging open as Tao approached the two of them.

“Hey guys!” Tao said brightly as he sat on the desk beside Luhan’s. “It’s a good day isn’t it?”

“Who are you and what have you done to our friend?!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

“Come on guys,” Tao smiled. “Before you say anything, I know it seems weird.”

“Seems?” Luhan asked sarcastically.

Tao chuckled. “Okay, I know, I know… It just happened, okay?”

“Tsk,” Chanyeol said. “You’re definitely right about that.”

“What happened anyway?” Luhan asked, while trying to grasp the whole situation. “I mean, just let us understand why one minute, you two are ready to rip each other’s eyes out, then now you’re going out?”

“Please,” Chanyeol nodded. “Please explain, for our sanity.”

Tao shrugged. “Well, you know what happened at the baking club. So, when we’re both at detention, we talked things over, and that’s it.”

“That’s it?” Luhan widened his eyes. “That’s it?!”

“Well we kind of made out a bit too.” Tao smiled to himself.

Luhan and Chanyeol could only roll their eyes.

 

“Look at them,” Chanyeol mumbled, his voice filled with envy as he and Luhan eyed the happy new couple bitterly at the lunch table. “How could they?? When did they enter the scene anyway? It’s supposed to be Baekhyun plus Chanyeol and Sehun plus Luhan. We’re first!”

Luhan sighed as they watched Tao and Minseok fed each other with tater tots. “Yeah… I don’t know what to think anymore…”

“How are you and Sehun anyway?” Chanyeol asked. “Any developments?”

Luhan shrugged. “Honestly, I don’t know. Sometimes, I felt like he likes me too, then the next moment he clams up. I don’t even know if I’m just assuming things, but in the end I know I’m still in love with him. How about Baekhyun?”

“Well, I guess you’re luckier than me.” Chanyeol shook his head. “He told me the other day that I’m the funniest friend he has! Not only does he only sees me as funny, I think I just got friendzoned too!”

Luhan and Chanyeol hung their heads as they both sighed miserably.

“Wow,” Sehun’s voice entered quietly as he sat across Luhan. “Those two are really going at it.” Luhan turned to see Tao and Minseok kissing once again, completely oblivious of their surroundings.

“Taozi and Minnie are so cute!!” Baekhyun sat happily beside Sehun. “Makes you want to kiss someone too!”

Luhan noticed how Chanyeol looked longingly at Baekhyun. He knows that look, because that’s how he looks at Sehun as well.

Sehun chuckled. “I think you’re the only one who finds them cute, Baek.”

“Oh well,” Baekhyun shrugged. “You’re just saying that, because you haven’t kissed anyone yet.”

Luhan’s eyes darted towards Sehun at once. Sehun hasn’t kissed anyone yet? He literally wants to roll on the floor right now.

“Shut up,” Sehun is blushing furiously right now, Luhan could just kiss him. “I’ll definitely kiss somebody soon. You’ll see.”

“I’m sure you will…” Baekhyun said playfully. He then looked at Luhan and winked at him.