Final Chapter

Not So Cliché After All

Luhan stared at his clock happily as he waited for the alarm to go off. It was finally, finally, Saturday morning, and Luhan woke up before the sunrise. He was too excited, because today will be his date with Sehun. It took another hour before he was supposed to wake up, but he couldn’t care less.

He made sure that he was dressing accordingly for the event. It almost took him eight dress changes to finally settle on the outfit that he would be wearing today. Luhan looked towards the door, wondering if Sehun is this worried too.

When he walked down for breakfast, he saw his whole family already sitting there, but… no Sehun. He noticed though that when he entered the kitchen, his dad, his mom, and his brother are all looking up at him with smiles on their faces. Luhan couldn’t help but be weirded out as he sat down on his usual seat, because they’re all still looking at him.

 

Oh no, did I dress up too much?

 

When Luhan finally had enough, he finally snapped. “What?”

“Oh nothing…” Joonmyun said with a knowing tone.

“Dad? Mom?” Luhan blinked expectantly to his parents, expecting a better answer.

But the only answer he got was his mom sniffing slightly when she said “My baby’s grown up” and his dad telling him that he’s happy for him.

“Where’s Sehun anyway?” Luhan asked, and all of a sudden his parents exchanged knowing smiles with his brother.

 

Okay, something’s up….

 

 

 

…THEY KNOW!!!

 

Luhan’s eyes widened, but his mother just told him with a small smile. “Just eat your breakfast, honey.”

Although he’s horrified as ever, Luhan decided to just comply with his mother’s command.

 

When he finally finished eating, he left the kitchen and found Sehun waiting for him near the front door, with his hands and in his pockets. When he saw Luhan approach him, he gave him a precious smile.

“Hey,” Sehun greeted. “Are you ready?”

“Yup!” Luhan said. His voice barely containing the excitement in his voice.

“Let’s go?” Sehun asked and Luhan nodded.

When they went outside though, they were met with Chanyeol, Tao, Baekhyun and Minseok smiling brightly at him.

Luhan turned to Sehun in confusion. “W… What’s going on?”

“We’re here to kidnap you, Luhannie!!” Baekhyun said happily. “Minnie, Taozi… Put him in the trunk!”

“Roger that!” Tao and Minseok said as they went and carried Luhan to a van. Sehun, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun are behind them. Luhan looked back to Sehun, with a questioning expression; he was too confused to voice out anything. However, Sehun only smiled at him. Tao and Minseok placed him in one of the seats at the back of the van. Luhan frantically looking around for somebody to explain to him.

“Sehun!” Joonmyun’s head appeared at the van’s door. “Here’s Luhan’s luggage.”

“Okay,” Sehun got the bag from his brother. “Thanks hyung!”

“Okay, kids!” Joonmyun said. “Be careful, you guys! Enjoy your weekend!”

 

“Okay,” Sehun who is now sitting beside Luhan as the van started to go to God knows where. “I know you’re confused.”

Luhan laughed nervously. “Try REALLY confused. What’s happening? Where are we going?”

“Okay, I know we freaked you out.” Sehun started. “But we’re on our way to Baekhyun’s vacation house right now. Don’t worry. I already talked to uncle and aunt about this, and they gave you the permission to go. So here we are…”

“It was Sehunnie’s idea.” Baekhyun chirped in. He was seated in at the row in front of them with Chanyeol. “He told us he wanted to do something memorable for you.”

“Yah…” Sehun poked Baekhyun’s head with a finger. “Stop saying embarrassing things.”

Baekhyun only giggled as he started a game of “I spy with my eye” with Chanyeol. Tao and Minseok who are sitting in the row in front of Baekhyun’s are both sleeping. Luhan heaved a sigh  as he made himself comfortable in his seat. His heart is still racing because of the events that had transpired. If Sehun really planned on surprising him, well, he certainly did a good job.

“Who’s driving?” Luhan asked Sehun trying to start a conversation.

Sehun shrugged. “That’s Baekhyun’s chauffeur… I think.”

Luhan’s eyes rounded. “Baekhyun has a chauffeur?”

“Yeah,” Sehun nodded. “He’s really rich, but he doesn’t really like everyone knowing that. So we just keep it on the down low.”

“Oh…” Luhan said, bringing a silence once again between the two of them.

It was Sehun who spoke next. “I’m really sorry for not giving you the heads up about this.”

Luhan shook his head with a smile. “It’s nothing. I gotta say, I was really shocked, but I’m more curious how you convinced my parents to allow me to go.”

“It’s kind of easy…” Sehun said with a slight frown. “It kind of surprised me a little, but I just went up to them, and told them that I want to bring you somewhere for the summer. They said yes right away.”

“That’s it?” Luhan said in bewilderment.

Sehun smiled proudly. “Well I guess they just like me?”

 

A couple of hours later, they arrived in a HUGE mansion right by the ocean. When they went inside, however, it made Luhan’s jaw drop even more, because it’s even bigger. This house is clearly too big for the six of them. Baekhyun must really be rich. There are twelve rooms inside the house, and Baekhyun let them choose which one they want. In the end, they all chose the rooms in the ground floor, because the house is just too huge for them to stay in the second floor.

Tao and Minseok opted to room together (Luhan wonders if he should’ve brought some earplugs). Baekhyun chose the master’s bedroom, since everyone is too shy to choose the biggest room in the house. Chanyeol chose the one across Baekhyun’s room. Sehun’s room chose the room beside Luhan. When he went  inside his room, Luhan’s eyes widened in pleasant surprise. His room has a great view of the ocean. He immediately ran to the balcony to breathe in the fresh air.

 

A little while later, the six of them proceeded to the beach. It was really fun, because it had been a long time since Luhan went to the sea. The heat of the sun burned at their backs, but they couldn’t care less. Luhan soaked up in the water with Sehun, while the other four started a sandcastle competition. It didn’t take long though, because the waves washed up their castles.

When the evening came, they all set up a nice, warm bonfire. They sang different songs and they played games. They even roasted some marshmallows. For Luhan, everything was perfect. He couldn’t ask for more. A little around nine o’clock, Tao started yawning repeatedly, so Minseok decided that they both retreat to their rooms and call it a night. A few minutes later, Baekhyun asked Chanyeol to watch movies with him.

“Sure!” Chanyeol said excitedly, then he faced Luhan and Sehun. “You guys want to come too?”

Baekhyun elbowed him lightly. “I think Sehunnie and Luhannie wants to stay here, yes?”

Luhan blushed when Sehun said yes. Chanyeol on the other hand finally got the clue, and he smiled shrewdly as he let himself be pulled by Baekhyun towards the mansion.

 

There was a comfortable silence as Luhan and Sehun sat on the sand, under the stars. The only sounds that can be heard are the cracklings of the fire and the ocean waves. Luhan tried to sneak a look at the boy beside him, but when he looked, he saw Sehun trying to look at him as well. There was a moment of surprise, then the two of them looked away shyly. Luhan smiled a little to himself. Of all the times that they’re going to feel shy of each other…

“Luhan?” Sehun asked quietly. “Do you want to go for a walk?”

Luhan nodded with a small smile. He stood up, and followed Sehun as the two of them walked quietly. They did not say anything as they walked the expanse of the deserted beach. Luhan felt Sehun’s hands brushing against his from time to time, yet they never touched properly. Luhan wanted to hold Sehun’s hand, but he was too shy to ask for it. A few steps later, Sehun stopped walking.

“Uhm, can I…” Sehun stammered as if he read exactly what was in Luhan’s mind. “Can I hold your hand?”

Luhan giggled slightly as he held the other’s hand.

“What?” Sehun asked.

“It’s just…” Luhan said with a fond smile. “We’ve held hands before, and now you’re asking me for permission all of a sudden.”

Sehun’s smiled timidly. “I’m just nervous I guess…”

“Why?” Luhan asked

“Luhan…” Sehun said as Luhan looked up to him in anticipation. “I…”

Suddenly, a drop of rain fell on Luhan’s cheek. They both look up at the sky as droplets of rain fell down. The sudden downpour of rain soaking them up right away. The two of them looked at each other in concern, and they exchanged nods of understanding as they ran back to the mansion. They did not let go of each other’s hands though. Luhan’s not sure if it’s just the rain, but he thought he heard Sehun mumbled, ‘damn it.’ They were both drenched as they entered the house that they even made a trail of water as they walked inside.

 

“I think we should change clothes.” Sehun said as they approached Luhan’s room.

“Yeah.” Luhan tried not to sound too disappointed.

When they arrived at Luhan’s door, Sehun let go of his hand. “Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“Oh, right.” Luhan nodded. “See you.”

 

Luhan went inside his room. Ever so slowly, he closed the door. He did not know if he should feel bitter or not that it rained. It really felt like Sehun was gonna say something to him, but they got interrupted. Luhan sighed sadly as he rested his back against the door. Maybe it’s not yet the time…

There was a sudden urgent knock on the door. It was so surprising that Luhan jumped a few feet in the air. He needed a couple of seconds to compose himself as he opened the door.

Luhan stared in a mix of surprise and confusion as he looked up at him.

 

“Sehun?” Luhan asked. “Wha---“

 

Oh.

 

 

Whatever Luhan had been intending to ask became lost as Sehun took a step forward to capture Luhan’s lips with his. Luhan stood frozen for a few seconds in utter surprise before finally comprehending what is happening. He finally closed as his eyes as he let himself melt with Sehun. The feeling was too much that he took a step backward, his knees growing weak by the second. However, Sehun reached to bring him closer, securing an arm around his waist. Luhan clenched Sehun’s rain soaked shirt as he responded slowly but surely to the kiss. Everything was loads better as to what he imagined. Sehun is gentle yet Luhan felt the intensity as their lips touched, pulling away every ounce of oxygen from him. It was slow, and sweet, and it made his heart flutter.

When Sehun pulled away, he did it slowly. His lips still ghosting above Luhan’s as the two of them breathed the much needed air.

“Luhan,” Sehun said it in a whisper. His lips slightly touching Luhan’s as he speaks. “I’m sorry for making you wait this long. You are the first person to ever make me feel this way, the first person who makes my heart stutter whenever I see. You are the one who I think first whenever I wake up, and the last when I fall asleep. I like how you smile whenever you think no one’s looking, how you blush whenever you felt embarrassed, how the light makes your eyes shine. I like how you talk to me, the way your voice sounds like a song, whenever I hear it. I like how I recounted every moment when I’m with you and feel stupid, because I said something dumb or acted silly. Whenever I’m with you, I feel like I’m going to go nuts, yet I feel invincible at the same time. You’re always on my mind that it’s so crazy. I miss you when you’re not there… And you make me this cheesy. I guess I just really want to say, I’m crazy about you, Luhan. I’m in love with you.”

Luhan closed his eyes as he felt his breath hitch with every word that Sehun says. “I’m in love with you too, Sehun-ah.”

Sehun laughed a little as he pecked Luhan’s lips. “Sehun-ah?”

Luhan looked at a smiling Sehun, his face reflecting the happy expression on his face.

“I like it.” Sehun said as he pulled Luhan for a hug.

“So does this mean we’re together?” Luhan nuzzled into Sehun’s neck.

“Do you have to ask?” Sehun pulled away as they look into each other’s eyes. “You’re my boyfriend now, and you’re mine. Okay?”

“Okay.” Luhan smiled as they kissed once again, Sehun pushing his way into the room.

 


 

Last Chapter!

Stay tuned for the Epilogue!!! <3 (I'm done with it actually. lmao)