Chapter Three

Not So Cliché After All

So I think I'll post more? ^^


 

“Omona! Sehunnie’s really handsome isn’t it?” Luhan’s mom doted on Sehun.

They were eating the “banquet” that his mother had cooked for the special occasion today. As it turned out, it was only Sehun’s parents who were going to migrate to London for work (and Luhan only found out today, because he had been so busy daydreaming about Sehun when his father told them last week). Since Sehun was only a few months away from graduation, he decided to stay. Besides, he already has a baseball scholarship given by one of the nation’s best university that was why he can’t leave. Since Sehun has no nearby relatives to stay with, he ended up at Luhan’s house. Luhan’s father, it turns out was the best friend of Sehun’s dad since childhood. Much to Luhan’s disbelief, they still go out drinking frequently, and when Sehun’s father asked for this huge favor, his dad just cannot refuse. Besides, in Luhan’s opinion, his father is one of the most good-natured man in the planet.

 

“You and Sehun are in the same year in school, aren’t you?” His father asked him suddenly.

“Yes.” Luhan said quietly, trying his best to look at everywhere except Sehun, who was sitting across from him. He does not have enough strength to look at him straight in the eye.

“You guys must know each other then!” His father said rather enthusiastically.

“Uhm, not really…” Luhan said carefully.

“That’s because we’re not in the same class, sir.” Sehun replied and to Luhan’s surprise, Sehun looked at him. His cheeks are now burning. “But I know you though. You’re a really good soccer player.”

If only Luhan could just excuse himself to the bathroom and jump around while he spazz.

“He is, isn’t he?” His father said proudly. “And by the way, Sehun. What did I tell you about calling me ‘sir’? It makes me feel old. Call me “Uncle”!” His father added with a laugh.

“Right,” Sehun smiled shyly. “I guess I’m still not used to it… Uncle.”

Luhan meanwhile dared himself to look across the table, and at the same time, Sehun turned to his direction. When they finally made eye contact, Sehun smiled at him.

Someone should make his smile illegal.  Luhan thought desperately as he tried not to choke on the chicken he was eating.

Poker Face. Poker Face. Poker Face.

Act cool. Act smooth.

Smooth…

Captain Smooth…

That sounded so wrong.

“It’s a shame you’re not in the same class though,” Luhan’s mother said sadly. “Sehun, I remember when you were just a baby. Your mom and dad would always bring you here in this very same house. I remember you and Luhan would take a bath together, and play together, and sleep together! That was way before you moved to the other side of the city though.”

“Oh I remembered that!” Joonmyun interrupted. “That baby was Sehun?”

“Yes!” His mother clapped her hands excitedly and she was slightly giggling. “I think I still have the photos where the two of you were in the bath. The both of you were as cute as buttons! I’ll try to search for it later. I’ll show it to you, Sehunnie!”

Luhan, who was on the process of drinking his orange juice, with his face heating up, sputtered what he was drinking.

 

So much for Captain Smooth…

 

“Eew! Luhan!!” Joonmyun gasped. He was sprayed with the juice as well. “That’s gross!”

“Sorry!” Luhan panics as he was still coughing slightly. “It’s just a bit of juice! Stop exaggerating!”

“Okay, everyone calm down!” Luhan’s mom told the two of them off. “We have a visitor for god sake’s!”

“Okay…” Luhan and Joonmyun answered as they went back to eating.

Luhan “accidentally” looked at Sehun again. When the latter made eye contact with him, he gaped at Luhan.

“Are you okay?” Sehun mouthed to Luhan soundlessly.

Luhan nodded, and he finally smiled back to Sehun.

 


 

When lunch was finally over, Luhan with much control to his feelings went back to his room as neutral faced as he can. However, once he entered his room and had his back against the door, all “obliviousness” was dissolved. He screamed silently as he jumped slightly on his position. Thinking that his parents might budge in if they hear a commotion in his room, he decided to jump around on his bed instead. He even did a victory dance as he spazzed uncontrollably. He rolled around on his bed and hugged his plushies out of pure happiness.

Then he remembered something…

He quickly got out of bed and scrambled for his phone.

 

With shaking hands, he typed as fast as he can.

ALERT: NEW DEVELOPMENT!!

He sent it to both Chanyeol and Tao.

A few seconds later, the three of them were in a conference call once again.

 

“What happened?!” Tao gasped from the other line. “Why are you so out of breath?!”

“Oh My God!” Chanyeol shouted. “You ran off to the airport didn’t you?! I told you, Tao! We should have gone to the airport!!”

“Well, I’m sorry!” Tao answered in his defense. “I thought you were gonna text us, Luhan if you ever decided to chase after him!”

“Guys!” Luhan interrupted He tried to keep his voice (and feels) in control. “It’s not that! Oh Sehun is now at our house! He’s going to live here from now on!”

Once again, there was a prolonged silence from the other lines.

“OH MY GOD LUHAN!” Chanyeol shouted loudly. “DID YOU JUST KIDNAP SEHUN?!!”

“What?!” Luhan reacted. “No!!”

Tao sighed. “Either that or you’ve gone crazy, you’re imagining things.”

“Wow, thanks a lot guys.” Luhan said sarcastically. “Really, I appreciate the support. Could you just… Could you just let me explain first…?”

 

And like usual, he related the situation to his friends. The difference now is that, the two on the other line were more excited than usual.

When Luhan had finally finished talking, Chanyeol was the first one to talk.

 

“I’m so going there.”

“Me too.” Tao agreed.

“Wait guys!” Luhan gasped. “You’re not serious?!”

“Oh, we are dead serious.” Tao said.

Both lines were cut off after that.

 

And sure enough, around fifteen minutes later, Luhan heard his mom calling him from downstairs. When he went out his bedroom, though, the door across from his opened as well. Luhan was face to face with Sehun once more.

“Hey,” Sehun said. “I was just going downstairs. You’re going too?”

“Uhm, yes.” Luhan’s heart was on overdrive once more. He needs to get used to this feeling if he’s going to live with Sehun from now on. “I have some friends over.”

Finally, a normal sentence!

Success!

“Oh, okay. Shall we?” Sehun asked with that stupid crooked smile of his.

 

What Luhan did not expect though when he met his friends downstairs was…

“Luhannie!!”

Baekhyun clung like a koala as he jumped to tackle Luhan.

“Baekhyun,” Sehun said sternly. “I told you, you can’t just jump on people like that.”

“Humph,” Baekhyun pouted. “It’s okay with Luhannie right?”

Luhan nodded slightly.

“Besides,” Baekhyun continued happily. “Chanyeollie and Taozi liked it when I did it to them earlier!”

Luhan looked at his two friends. Chanyeol looked so dazed, that he looked so high. Tao, meanwhile, looked traumatized.

“We ran into them earlier,” Tao explained when he finally got some composure. “We found out they were going here, so that’s how we ended up together.”

“You didn’t get lost though?” Sehun asked Minseok. “Did you understand the directions I gave you?”

“I understood your directions alright,” Minseok replied brightly at his friend. “Bur Baekhyun ran around though, we nearly made a wrong turn.”

“They’re lucky they ran into us.” Tao said.

Minseok’s mood went into a sudden 180 degree change and he clicked his tongue. “Yeah right, know-it-all.”

Tao and Minseok glared at each other for a bit before scoffing at each other. Now, everybody knows that the two have a long running rivalry in the baking club, but that was a different story to be told in the future, the two of them being in the same room aside from the club room or the cafeteria is a feat itself.

“Anyway,” Sehun said breaking the sudden awkward mood. “We’re gonna go upstairs now, I guess? Are you going out, Luhan?”

 

Luhan looked uncertain. From his peripheral, he saw Chanyeol’s and Tao’s jaw dropped when Sehun talked to Luhan. Baekhyun meanwhile giggled on the side, while Minseok is back on his usual bright attitude.

 

What should he tell Sehun though?

“Oh, no. We’re not gonna go out. My friends just wanted to make sure that I didn’t kidnap your or something.”

Right. Brain.

Right.

 

“We’re just actually gonna hangout here I guess.” Luhan answered in panic.

“Oh, okay.” Sehun answered.

“We’re gonna help Sehunnie unpack!!” Baekhyun cheered.

“Can we help?” Chanyeol squeaked which earned him a subtle elbow from Tao.

“I guess?” Sehun replied with an uncertain expression. “If it’s okay with you guys. I don’t want to impose on you.”

“Nothing is too tiring if we’re having fun!” Baekhyun said enthusiastically.

Chanyeol nodded repeatedly, “Yeah! We’re not gonna do anything anyway! Might as well do something productive! Exercise!!” And he proceeded to flex his non-existent biceps.

Luhan heard Tao hissing at Chanyeol, “You just want to impress Baekhyun!”

“Is it okay with you, Luhan?” Sehun asked.

Luhan jerked when Sehun called him. “I’d like to help you!” He answered with more enthusiasm than required.

 

Tao and Minseok groaned.

 


 

All in all, Luhan thinks that he did well... At the very least, he did not embarrass himself and acted normal. Well, as normal as he could get. He still stuttered a bit whenever he would talk to Sehun, and the blush on his cheeks does not seem to be going away soon. Generally, Luhan is pleased with himself, comparing himself from his two friends for that matter.

For one, Chanyeol is just… well, Chanyeol. He seemed to be really jumpy whenever Baekhyun talks to him, and he seemed to be knocking into a lot of things. Luhan knows that Chanyeol is a bit clumsy, but not THAT clumsy. Then there’s Tao, who in any given chance would sneer at Minseok and vice-versa. They both seem to have brought their game today, because they kept on competing with each other in situations like “Who’s going to unfold all of Sehun’s clothes first?” or “Who can remove all the bubble wrap first?”

It was a relief when they finally finished unpacking. Luhan’s mom prepared all of them some snacks that all of them ate with gusto. It was around sunset when their friends decided to go home, but before they left, Chanyeol and Tao pulled Luhan aside to his room to have some “guy talk”.

“Sehun seems alright,” Tao said first in a whisper.

“Of course he’s alright,” Luhan said in a low voice as well. “He’s more than alright. He’s perfect.”

“I don’t think that’s what Tao means,” Chanyeol tried to whisper. “I think he means he wasn’t awkward and all with you despite your confession.”

“I know.” Tao nodded in agreement. “Have you asked him about that incident?”

Luhan’s eyes widened. “Why would I do that?! No way!”

Chanyeol shrugged. “I don’t know… Maybe you can finally know his answer?”

“What if he turns me down?” Luhan said. “It’s his first night here. I don’t want to freak him out, and make things more awkward than it is.”

“Fine,” Tao said. “It’s up to you, but in my opinion, for a guy who’s naturally indifferent, he’s smiling a lot today.”

Luhan blushed at that.

 

“Luhannie, thank you for welcoming us today!” Baekhyun said still being a bundle of sunshine. “I had so much fun!”

Luhan and Sehun were both in the front porch to bid their friends goodbye.

“Yeah,” Minseok said. “Tell your mom thanks for the cookies. They were delicious.”

“I was the one who taught her that recipe.” Tao murmured at the background, but making sure Minseok hears it, which earned him a glare from the latter.

“Anyway,” Chanyeol tried to pacify the situation since he was the one most used to it. “See you guys on Monday.”

Luhan and Sehun waved them goodbye, but not without Baekhyun giving the two bear hugs.

“Take care of yourself, okay, Luhannie?” Baekhyun said, and he added with a whisper. “You can do things to Sehunnie now; just keep it PG and don’t go overboard, okay?” He added with a wink before jumping to Sehun.

Luhan blushed more.

“Okay, Baekhyun,” Sehun patted the smaller’s head. “I’ll be okay. It’s a bit dark now, so don’t run around okay?”

“Fine~~” Baekhyun whined a bit as he let himself to be pulled away by Minseok.

“Be careful guys.” Luhan said to them. “Text me when you’re both home.” He added to Chanyeol and Tao.

“Go straight home, okay?” Sehun said to Minseok. “Make sure Baekhyun is inside their house before you leave him.”

“Will do, buddy.” Minseok patted his shoulders.

The four started to leave, but Chanyeol had just closed the gates, when Luhan and Sehun heard Baekhyun’s comment.

“They’re just like mom and dad, aren’t they?”

Chanyeol laughed loudly at that.

As if Luhan could blush some more…

I swear to God, Park Chanyeol!

 

To his surprise, Sehun laughed heartily at that.

“Chanyeol really likes Baekhyun, doesn’t he?” Sehun said.

Luhan smiled at that. “He’s really that obvious, huh?”

“Yeah,” Sehun said. “And I think they’re cute.”

Luhan whipped his head to look at Sehun. “Really? Does Baekhyun know though?”

Sehun turned to him as well, with a smile. “No, I don’t think so, but I kinda want to know if Chanyeol’s gonna confess to him.”

 

Confess.

Oh my God.

Sehun just dropped the C-WORD.

Is he going to bring “THAT” up?

Please don’t. Please don’t. Please don’t.

Or should I bring it up?

Ahhh!!!!

 

“Are you okay?” Sehun asked anxiously. “Uhh, was I meddling too much in Chanyeol’s business?”

Luhan, who must have been staring at him too long, finally spoke up in a voice higher than usual. “Ah! No! You’re not! I was just… My mind drifts off sometimes!” He laughed awkwardly.

“Ah, I see.” He laughed as well. It was too cute to see Sehun looking embarrassed; Luhan could just hug him forever.

 

Luhan sighed in relief.

I guess he wasn’t gonna bring “THAT” up after all.

Thank God.

I thought…

 

“It’s just…” Sehun looked like he was hesitating on his words as he was fidgeting slightly in his position. “It felt nice when you confessed to me.”

And with that, Sehun went inside leaving Luhan with his mouth hanging open.