Chapter One

Not So Cliché After All

Hello! *waves* So like I said in the foreword... This is gonna be a multichaptered fic now, not a oneshot... Okay lovelies?

 


“Oh Sehun, I know this is sudden, but I like you.”

 

 

 

 

 

That’s it.

It’s that simple.

Luhan only had to say those simple last three words, and he’ll finally be at ease.

The only thing he needed to do now is to finally tell Sehun.

Sehun…

THE Oh Sehun.

Luhan stared at his own reflection in the bathroom mirror. He could see beads of sweats forming on his forehead as he repeatedly rehearsed his confession to the person he had admired the most these past few years, Oh Sehun. According to an elaborate plan he had concocted a long time ago, Luhan was supposed to tell the other his feelings through a well written letter which will be given on the day of their high school graduation (which is only a few months to go anyway). Well, that was the supposed plan, until he received the most devastating news a few days ago…

 

*flashback*

It was a few minutes after the club activities, and Luhan was just at their classroom waiting for his friends so that they could go home together. Suddenly, to Luhan’s surprise, his friend Chanyeol (still wearing an apron and an eggbeater in his hand) ran inside and obviously out of breath.

“Lu…han… Sehu… n… Friend… Bake… Cake... Leave… Soon…”

Luhan stared at him in confusion. “…What?”

“Oh my God, Park Chanyeol!” Another one of his friends, Tao entered the room and was panting as well from all the running. “How dare you leave me back there?! We were still frosting the cake!!!”

“You care about that now?!” Chanyeol eyed his friend in disbelief. “Luhan needs to know!”

“Guys, what’s happening?” Luhan said who is still obviously pretty lost on the events. “What are you saying earlier, Chanyeol?”

Tao who had finally regained his composure said, “I think he was trying to tell you that Sehun’s leaving soon. His family’s migrating to London.”

Luhan’s eyes widened in disbelief as he stood on his feet. “W-what? No! That’s not true! H-how did you know?”

“You remember Sehun’s friend Minseok,” Chanyeol explained when he finally calmed down. “He told us back at the baking club that he was at Sehun’s house last weekend helping him pack up his stuff!”

Luhan’s lips trembled. Somehow, the words are refusing to sink in his system.

 

The next day…

“Luhan,” Chanyeol calls to him worriedly as the three of them were settled on a table in the cafeteria. “Seriously, you need to eat…”

“I’m not hungry…” Luhan whined as he rests his left cheek on the table.

“You are such a drama queen.” Tao said as he munched on his apple pie. “It’s not as if he’s your boyfriend or anything.”

“Thanks a lot, Tao.” Luhan sniffed dramatically.

“That’s harsh, man.” Chanyeol pointed out to Tao. “Stop making it worse.”

“I’m just telling the truth that’s all.” Tao shrugged.

“Well, stop.” Chanyeol shook his head and turned to Luhan. “Maybe you should confess to Sehun.”

Without moving from his position, Luhan looked at to Chanyeol. “Oh, like that would change anything.”

“Well, you’ve been harboring your feelings to him for the longest time,” Chanyeol explained. “Maybe you should do it for your sake…”

“I don’t know does he even know I exist?” Luhan said. “What do you think, Tao?”

“Maybe Yeollie has a point,” Tao said. “Get an answer instead of whining to us every day. God could only know what would happen to you if he’s gone already… Brr…” Tao literally shivered.

“You are such a good friend.” Luhan answered sarcastically as he goes back to sulking.

“Oh speaking of the devil…” Tao muttered.

Luhan adjusted his head so that Oh Sehun’s entrance in the cafeteria would come to view. As usual, he is accompanied by his best friend Kim Minseok who was chatting with him animatedly, (It was always a mystery to Luhan how those two looked like when they talk: Sehun would always remain stoic as ever while Minseok bounced around him.) and Byun Baekhyun, who in the other hand was waving to everyone he would see (Talk about Mr. Congeniality, Luhan thought.).

Every time the three of them entered the cafeteria, it would always be in a complete chaos. All the students would be all over them. Luhan was one of them once before, but not now. His heart could not bear to see the face of his beloved while in his mind he knew it was only a few more days till he would last see him. Maybe, it would help him get over Sehun easier.

If only Tao could hear Luhan’s thoughts right now, he’d be surely hit by a wushu stick.

The crowd shifted as Sehun and friends went to their usual table. They would always pass Luhan’s table since the latter had always planned it to be so at the start of the semester. From his peripheral view, Luhan could see that Oh Sehun was passing by near him. He held his breath as he willed himself to not look at the love of his life.

“Omona…!” He heard Baekhyun gasped. “Luhannie, what’s wrong?”

Luhan froze from his seat. He’s even sure that he heard gasps from Chanyeol and Tao as well. Luhan had no choice but to sit up straight, and continue to look in surprise at the boy who has not talked to him before. EVER.

His eyes were blinking repeatedly as Baekhyun held up his chin and examined him closely. Luhan looked around, but Sehun was already seated at their table with Minseok. Oh, how he wished that it was Sehun who’s doing this to him right now, because quite frankly he could already feel the daggers shooting out from Chanyeol right now.

“Why do you look like a…” Baekhyun seemed to be struggling for a word. “…a prune?”

Luhan heard Tao chuckled as he drank his banana milk.

“Uhh…” Luhan can’t seem to think of an answer. Did Baekhyun just told him that he looked like a prune?

“You need to eat!” Baekhyun gasped.

“That’s what I told him!” Chanyeol’s voiced boomed excitedly.

“I’m sure you did, Chanyeollie.” Baekhyun gave him a good natured smile. Chanyeol looked like he’s gonna faint.

Luhan cleared his throat, which made Baekhyun turn his attention back to him.

“Why is Luhannie sad?” Baekhyun asked as he blinked repeatedly.

“It’s because he found out that Oh Sehun’s migrati…asdfghjjkl….” Tao wasn’t able to finish his sentence when Luhan and Chanyeol lunged onto him to cover his mouth.

Luhan looked back at Baekhyun hoping to death that the latter did not get anything from his “panda” friend. However, it’s too late now since Baekhyun’s lips have already formed an “o” shape.

Baekhyun frowned. He looked confused.

“But Sehunnie’s not…”

“Baekhyun!” A voice was heard from the nearby table. “Are you gonna get food with us or what?”

“Okay! I’ll be right there!” Baekhyun replied before he turned back to the three friends. Tao was still struggling underneath Chanyeol and Luhan.

“Anyway…” Baekhyun was wearing a playful smile on his lips.

“Baekhyun-ah…” Luhan pleaded “It’s not what you think!”

But Baekhyun leaned down to Luhan and patted his head.

“Luhannie should only stay cute, okay?” Baekhyun said. ”You’ll take care of him right, Chanyeollie?”

“U—uh…. Y—yeah! Of course!” Chanyeol answered rather enthusiastically. “I’ll make sure that Luhan will be 110% cute tomorrow!!!”

“Oh, and Luhannie…” He bent down so that he was only whispering to Luhan. “About Sehunnie, it’ll be our secret. I promise.”

Baekhyun winked at Luhan, and after bidding the three goodbye (Tao groaned when he heard Baekhyun called him ‘Taozi’), he skipped back to his own table to join his friends.

“I love you…..” Chanyeol called dazedly as he watched Baekhyun walking away. He did not notice that he was clutching on Tao’s sleeves rather tightly.

“Eew, Chanyeol.” Tao yanked his arms from Chanyeol, who was still clearly drooling over Baekhyun. “First, what just happened? Second, Park Chanyeol, how come you are forcing Luhan to confess to Sehun when you obviously needed to confess to Baekhyun? Third, I think the three of us need to discuss about boundaries. You know what, I think the third one needs to be the first one to be discussed… My friends let’s talk about boundaries.”

“OHMYGOD! Baekhyun knows my name!!!” Chanyeol squealed as he smashed his hands on the table. “Omo! Omo! Omo! This is so going on my blog tonight!!!”

Tao rolled his eyes. “ please; he knows mine and Luhan’s name too.”

“Luhan!” Chanyeol pouted. “Tell Tao to stop raining on my parade!!”

But Luhan was not listening… He was staring mindlessly on the now empty table that was previously occupied by Sehun and his friends. Somehow, it made him think of the future, the one with absolutely no Sehun. What would happen then, when his only happiness was to look secretly at the boy that he adored for many years? That table would just be empty without him… How could…

“Dude, I think Baekhyun broke Luhan.” Tao said as he and Chanyeol snapped their fingers in front of Luhan’s inattentive gaze.

“Luhan…” Chanyeol grabbed Luhan’s shoulders and started to shake him violently. “Luhan! Luhan!!!”

A slap landed on Luhan’s cheek.

“Ow!” Luhan punched Chanyeol’s arms. “What the hell?!”

“Luhan,” Tao was massaging his temples. “You were out of it. If Yeollie didn’t slap you, I would’ve given you a roundhouse kick.”

Luhan puffed his cheeks and breathed out deeply.

“I…” Luhan hesitates. “I think I’m going to confess to him.”

Both Chanyeol and Tao stopped whatever they were doing and stared up at him.

“I mean,” Luhan said with an uncertain smile. “What difference would it make? He probably doesn’t know that I exist anyway. He’s going to leave soon, so I won’t have to bear the consequences that much when he rejects me. Besides, I know I’m gonna regret it anyway if I don’t do it.”

It took a few heartbeats before his friends reacted.

“Well,” Tao said scratching his chin. “You know we’ll support you no matter what.”

“Yeah,” Chanyeol smiles as he pushed Luhan’s food tray. “Now, you can eat now right?”

Luhan nodded as he started to eat. “Thanks guys.”

“Luhannie!!”

A cheerful voice was heard from the nearby table. The three friends turned their head to see Baekhyun waving brightly towards him. Luhan meanwhile waved back shyly. He was fully aware that Sehun was just beside Baekhyun.

Then, something unexpected happened.

Oh Sehun turned his head to look at Luhan as well.

He was looking at Luhan.

Oh Sehun with his oh-so-lovely eyes was looking at him.

It took a maybe around a minute for Luhan to register everything. He looked away immediately with his cheeks as red as tomato, and began eating his lunch heartily.

“Well,” Tao said with finality. “Now he knows you exist.”

Luhan is quite sure he heard Baekhyun giggled from the other table.

*flashback ends*

 

And so that was how he ended up in the school bathroom in a Friday afternoon rehearsing repeatedly his confession to Oh Sehun.

That day, Luhan had told Chanyeol and Tao to go ahead of him. He plans to confess after Sehun’s baseball practice (which is around the time that Luhan finishes his soccer practice anyway) so that fewer persons would be in the campus. His two friends wanted to watch, but Luhan insisted that he would be too embarrassed if they were nearby. So after a lot of persuasion and bargaining, Chanyeol and Tao finally agreed to go home first as long as Luhan would immediately call to tell them all the details.

EVERY. SPECIFIC. DETAIL.

(As Chanyeol emphasized)

 

Luhan cleared his throat once more.

 

“Sehun, you have pretty eyes and a pretty face, and it makes my heart go thump-thump-thump when I see you”

Wait.

Thump-Thump-Thump?

SO PATHETIC.

 

“I like you Sehun… and I just want you to know that you are my Hun to my Han.”

Kill me now.

 

“Sehun, you are the salt to my pepper… The yin to my yang… The Romeo to my Juliet…”

Facepalm.

 

“Damn it all.” Luhan whispered to himself as he slaps his cheeks to keep his mind straight. “Luhan, you can do this. You. Can. Do. This. It’s just a confession. Just tell him you like him, and voila, it’s done. This is your last chance. You’re the man, Luhan. THE MAN! Just take a deep breath and speak slowly and keep it simple.”

 

Luhan inhaled and exhaled as he looked himself in the mirror.

 

“Oh Sehun, I don’t know how to tell this any other way, but… I really like you.”

 

That’s it. Keep it that simple.

 

Congratulations, Luhan…. You are rea-…

 

“What?”

 

Luhan’s musings were interrupted by a voice which he is very sure coming from the bathroom’s doorway. He froze. He knows that voice. Oh, hell. He knows it a lot, but he cannot dare look because his cheeks were both flushed with obvious embarrassment.

 

If the ground would ever be so kind, he is ready to be swallowed right now.

 

“What did you say?” The voice said once again.

 

All dignity down the drain, Luhan turned to look at the person standing a few feet from him. Even though, he has a very good idea, who it was, his eyes still widened in surprise as he looked at him.

Him.

And yes, Luhan was right.

 

Oh Sehun is standing at the bathroom’s entrance.

 

 

 

It must have been a minute.

An hour.

Forever.

…Before Luhan’s brain started functioning again.

Everything was in a total meltdown and he’s pretty sure that he was not imagining the alarm sounds he’s hearing.

 

…And there’s Oh Sehun, looking at him expectantly, like he’s waiting for Luhan to talk.

Talk.

 

Say anything! He commands his brain. ANYTHING!! WORDS!!!

“Uhh… I…” Okay… Excellent start… Keep Going…

Oh Sehun raised an eyebrow.

“Uhh… I…”

 

You what? YOU WHAT?!!!...

 

Warning: Your brain is shutting down in 15 seconds.

14…

13…

12…

11…

 

“Are you okay?” Luhan thinks Sehun asked him, but it’s too late. His body was moving on its own, and he was finally aware of what he was doing. With the little dignity that was left in him, Luhan ran away leaving the confused Sehun behind. He ran and he ran until he reached home. Once he reached his room, he plopped on his bed and sighed miserably.

 

“What did you just do?” Luhan said to himself as he rolled around his bed. “Stupid! Stupid Luhan!!” He hit his head with his favorite deer plushie.

Then there was a knock on the door.

“Luhan!” It was his older brother Joonmyun shouted from the other side. “Dad wants us to clean up the other room!! Come help me!!”

“Leave me alone!” Luhan shouted as he covered his face with his plushie.

He heard his brother click his tongue. “Fine! But if he gets mad at you, don’t blame me! Lazy !!”

Luhan stuck his tongue out to the door. He has a bigger problem at hand. He feels so tired, and he just missed the biggest chance of his life. Oh Sehun is leaving tomorrow, and he pretty much made a fool of himself to the boy he likes. Stupid Luhan. He rolled to his side. The feeling is finally settling in. Oh Sehun is leaving tomorrow, and Luhan has no idea if they’ll see each other again, if he’ll ever see him again. The realization of it was finally getting to him. Sure, he was sad the past few days, but he kept thinking there’s still tomorrow, there’s still tomorrow. But not now, there’s no tomorrow. His last chance, his only chance to tell Sehun the way he feels is gone. He let out a small sob. The overwhelming feeling of everything was consuming him. He buried his face on a pillow to muffle his cries. He tried to stop the tears from falling, but they kept on coming back. In the end, he gave up and just let them fall down until he falls asleep…

 


 

 

WHOO! CHAPTER ONE!

 

Okay, so a lot of it same from the preview that I posted before... So, I just added some things at the end part...

 

Shall I post Chapter Two?

 

Or should I troll you guys? Haha. Kidding.

 

Chapter Two would be uploaded later.

 

Thanks for reading!! <33 Jaa~