Chapter Four

Not So Cliché After All

BBLulu412 is now online.

 

RedVelvet_Tao: Finally! We’ve been waiting for you!

Channieyaaa: LUHAN.

Channieyaaa: GUESS.

Channieyaaa: WHAT.

Channieyaaa: HAPPENED.

Channieyaaa: TONIGHT.

Channieyaaa: ASDFGHJKL.

Channieyaaa: *SMASHES KEYBOARD*

Channieyaaa: THERE IS NO GIF TO DESCRIBE MY FEELS RN.

RedVelvet_Tao: Yeah, yeah. Baekhyun hugged you… and all of us…

Channieyaaa: HEY! I WAS GONNA JUST SAY THAT… BUT… ASDGFHJKL!!!! *flips air* BAEKHYUN. HUGGED. ME. ES. <33

BBLulu412: Wah~~! Nice one, Yeollie!! *flipping air too* ^_____________^

Channieyaaa: *flip air* *flip air* *flip air* Come on, Tao… FLIP WITH US!

RedVelvet_Tao: Oh GOD. Why am I friends with you two??

BBLuLu412: You love us… that’s why! ^^

Channieyaaa: You can’t deny that, Taozi…! <33

RedVelvet_Tao: OMG, You are turning into Baekhyun.

Channieyaaa: >,< Thank you! <333

RedVelvet_Tao: …

RedVelvet_Tao: That’s not exactly a compliment. orz

BBLuLu412: Come on, Taozi… Give him a break… :))

RedVelvet_Tao: I know… Just please. NO. TAOZI. I BEG YOU. FOR MY SANITY.

Channieyaaa: Hahahaha!! <333

RedVelvet_Tao: ANYWAY. What about you, Luhan? How’s your love line?

BBLuLu412: It’s fine… I guess?? T_________T

Channieyaaa: OMO. Something happened?

BBLuLu412: Kinda?

RedVelvet_Tao: SPILL!

BBLulu412: Sehun kinda brought up my confession…

Channieyaaa: And you mention this NOW?!! ASDFGHJKLLLLLL.

RedVelvet_Tao: What did he say? :O

BBLuLu412: He said… It felt nice… That’s it…

Channieyaaa: …

RedVelvet_Tao: …

BBLuLu412: Yeah, I know. :///

Channieyaaa: That’s not exactly a rejection, isn’t it? -_-

RedVelvet_Tao: Well it’s not exactly an answer either…

Channieyaaa: It’s kinda positive though… ^^

Channieyaaa: Luhannie hwaiting!! <3333

RedVelvet_Tao: OH GOD.

RedVelvet_Tao: But I agree… Hwaiting!

BBLuLu412: Uh-oh. Wait guys. I need to log out. My brother’s being a jerk about something again. Talk to you guys soon! Bye-bye~ ^^

RedVelvet_Tao: Sure thing. :))

Channieyaaa: See you soon! ^^ <333

 

BBLuLu12 is now offline.

 


 

“WHAT?!” Luhan shouted at the door, where his brother kept on knocking for the past five minutes.

“I said,” His brother shouted from the other side of the door. “I’m gonna take a bath now, since you’re taking so long in there! The water’s gonna get cold.”

Luhan straightened up from his seat. “What?! No! I’m supposed to go first! You take forever!”

“Sorry bro…” Luhan heard some shuffling outside his door, and he scrambled in panic.

“Oh no, you don’t!” Luhan ran to his closet to get some fresh clothing, but he seems to be missing his favorite pajamas. After tossing most of the contents, he found it hiding underneath his soccer uniform. He immediately rushed to the bathroom, but it’s too late. He heard the shower knob turning from the outside.

“HYUNG!!” Luhan whined! “No fair!”

And then, like the other previous times, Luhan opened the bathroom door to kick his brother out.

“HYUNG! GET OU--- OH MY GOD!”

He was faced with a very Sehun, who was in return was looking at him in surprise.

Luhan’s mouth fall open as his eyes widened.

 

Wait.

Oh my God is that his…?WOW… Just… Wow…

What the hell, Luhan?! Stop looking and stop thinking!!!!!

 

Luhan covered his eyes and turned around.

“OMG. OMG. OMG.” Luhan said feeling flustered as ever. “I…I’m so sorry S…Sehun! I thought you’re Joonmyun-hyung! I’ll get out now!”

Luhan, with his eyes still covered, started to walk out of the bathroom as fast as possible.

“Watch out!” Sehun called out, but it’s too late. Luhan already hit the door frame and lost his balance.

Sehun immediately went to his side, and when Luhan opened his eyes, he was thankfully wearing a towel on his waist. It still wasn’t helping, since Luhan was still as red as tomato.

“I’m so sorry, Luhan.” Sehun held him as he stood up. “Are you okay?”

“I… I’m fine.” His mind felt hazy. He needs to breathe, and to get out as far as possible.

“What’s going on here?” Joonmyun appeared with a phone on his ear.

“Hyung,” Sehun answered. “Luhan hit his head.”

“What?” Joonmyun checked his forehead. “What the hell, Luhan?”

“I’m fine.” Luhan said swatting his brother’s hand. “I thought you were the one inside, hyung!” Luhan whined.

“Oh, that,” Joonmyun laughed. “I was gonna, but my boyfriend called, so I told Sehun to go first.”

“I hate you...” Luhan murmured.

“Anyway,” Joonmyun said. “Since you’re okay… I’m still talking to Yixing… So bye!” Joonmyun returned to his room.

Luhan sighed deeply. He just wants to dig a grave out of embarrassment. How is it possible to make a fool of himself to Sehun repeatedly?

“Luhan,” Sehun held Luhan’s face with both his hands. The latter’s heartbeat instantly went to overdrive. Luhan was very aware now that Sehun is still only wearing a towel. “Are you sure you’re okay? Do you want me to get ice downstairs?”

Luhan nodded. “I… I’ll be going back to…to m…my room n…now.”

He mechanically walked back to his room, as he plopped on his bed. He grabbed the nearest plushie and covered his face, eventually letting out a squeal while trashing his legs.

Oh Sehun, what are you doing to me?!

 


 

Just when Luhan thought that he had finally broke the awkward phase whenever he was with Sehun, it was definitely back now. The next day during breakfast, whenever Sehun talks to him, he would jump off his seat immediately. He’s not sure if it’s his imagination again, but Joonmyun is starting to throw at him some teasing looks.

“What are you boys gonna do today?” His dad asked the three.

It was Joonmyun who answered first. “I’m gonna go to the University today, dad. Yixing and I have some studying to do.”

“Aigoo,” His mom cooed. “You and Yixing would have so many smart kids someday!”

“Studying? More like making out behind the bookshelves.” Luhan muttered to himself as he ate a spoonful of fried rice, which earned him a kick from his brother under the table.

Sehun who also heard him, snorted from seat.

“What about you, Sehun?” His dad asked.

“I’m just gonna go to town today, Uncle.” Sehun answered. “I need to buy some supplies that I forgot to bring when I moved.”

“Luhan could accompany you!” Joonmyun said enthusiastically from his seat.

Luhan’s eyes widened as he turned to his brother who is clearly wearing a knowing smile on his face.

“What?!” Luhan gasped as he tried his best to not choke on his bacon.

“Why?” Joonmyun is clearly enjoying this as he raised an eyebrow. “You’re not doing anything today, are you?”

“I… I…” Spending the day with Sehun? His feels are not quite ready right now.

“What a good idea!” His father said delightedly. “Luhan, you could show him around the neighborhood!”

Luhan could hear his soul weeping.

 

That is why, half an hour later, Luhan was heading downstairs fully dressed. Sehun is already waiting for him at the front door. Luhan had to take a couple of moments to take in everything. No matter what happens, Sehun always took his breath away. He felt his knees weakening with every step he takes. He clenched his fists as he tried to contain himself.

“Hey” Sehun said as Luhan neared. “It’s okay if you don’t want to come. I’ll be fine.”

Luhan shook his head earnestly. “No! It’s okay! It’s just… Joonmyun-hyung’s being super annoying.”

Sehun laughed. “Are you sure?”

“Yes,” Luhan smiled. “Let’s go?”

 

Hanging out with Sehun was more fun than he expected. For some reason, as time passes by, Luhan felt more and more comfortable with him. He did not even do anything embarrassing. He did not expect that Sehun would be this nice. The two of them did not run out of subject to talk about. Everything seemed to pass in a blur, although Luhan is quite sure they went to the mall, the supermarket and the bookstore. For him, the world is not important right now. It was only Sehun: the way his smile disappears whenever he smiles, the blank look he makes whenever somebody is talking to him, the slight lisp in his voice, the way the back of his hand would cover his mouth whenever he laughs at Luhan’s joke, the way he says Luhan’s name. It did not take a genius for Luhan to figure out that he was falling for him even more, it seems unfair.

 

“Luhan, you have gravy on your nose.” Sehun chuckled. The two of them were eating chicken from a nearby restaurant.

Luhan looked up from his plate. “What?”

“Nevermind, I’ll get it.” Sehun picked up a tissue and pinched Luhan’s nose with it.

“Is it gone yet?” Luhan said nasally.

Sehun laughed as he removed his hands. “Yeah, sorry for pinching your nose too hard.”

 

They were passing by the park on their way home. Since it was a Sunday, there were a lot of people. Some kids were running around when one of them bumped to Sehun, which caused him to drop the bags he was holding.

“Sorry ahjussi!!” The kids cackled.

“Ahjussi?!” Luhan called after them. “He’s not an ahjussi! Apologize!”

“Stupid!” One of the kids hit the other. “Now you made the ahjumma mad!”

“A…Ahjumma?! Me?!”

“Uh-oh!!” The kids said as they ran away.

But before he could ran after them, Sehun was already pulling Luhan away.

“You should’ve let me run after them!” Luhan was still fuming, but Sehun seems to be enjoying himself.

Sehun smiled. “Come on, Luhan. They’re just kids.”

“B… But!” Luhan defended. “They called you ahjussi! They called me ahjumma! What the hell was that?!”

“I think they thought we’re a couple.” Sehun shook his head.

Luhan gaped at him. “W…What?”

“Though I think they shouldn’t have called you ahjumma.” Sehun shrugged. “You’re manly as hell.”

“Hell yes, I am!” Luhan crossed his arms.

Sehun laughed once more, which caused Luhan’s angry expression to falter slightly.

“You’re cute though.”

Luhan thought Sehun say, but before he could confirm it to the other, Sehun’s attention was already caught by the poster near them.

“There’s a promo at the amusement park?!” He said excitedly.

Luhan read the poster as well. “Yeah, I think so…”

“Ah, too bad there’s school tomorrow.” Sehun hung his head. “I really want to go.”

“I don’t think it’s gonna end yet, though.” Luhan said.

“Hmmm… You’re right.” Sehun said as he seemed to be thinking about something. “Do you want to go together?”

Luhan looked at him in confusion. “To where?”

Sehun smiled. “To the amusement park…?”

“Oh!” Luhan said in realization.

“So?” Sehun asked again.

“So… What?” Luhan got too distracted with Sehun’s smile.

“Do you want to go to the amusement park with me someday?” Sehun asked again.

Luhan blushed when he finally realized the question. “Yeah, s…sure!” He said quietly.

“Great!”

 


 

“How could you, Luhan?!” Chanyeol shouted with an accusatory tone from the other line. “HOW COULD YOU?!!”

“Guys, I’m sorry!” Luhan answered flustered. “I’m sorry I couldn’t call you. It was sudden, and I forgot my phone back here! Besides, I called you immediately as soon as I arrived, so let me off the hook this once, please?”

“Fine,” Tao accusingly said as well. “You know we’ll forgive you.”

“Thank you!” Luhan smiled finally.

“So back to the pressing matter,” Tao continued. “You and Sehun went to a date today, and you ended up scheduling a second one?”

“Ahhh~” Chanyeol clicked his tongue. “I really envy you Luhannie, I wish Baekhyun and I are like that too~”

“I… I don’t know if it’s actually a date.” Luhan was pacing back and forth in his room.

“IT’S A DATE, GODDAMNIT!” Chanyeol and Tao chorused from the other line, which startled Luhan.

“Though, I must say,” Tao said a moment later. “Sehun’s a really confusing guy…”

Luhan couldn’t have said it in any other way.