Chapter Two

Not So Cliché After All

So this is Chapter Two~ Go go read! ^^

 


“So let me get this straight” Tao said from the other line. “You just left him standing there in the restroom?”

“Uhm, pretty much.” Hearing the story from another person, Luhan feels more stupid. “Yeah”

“Oh man, that’s really bad.” Chanyeol said on the other line as well.

 

It was nightfall when Luhan woke up from his slumber, and that was because his mother was calling him to eat dinner, which he rejected as well. He told her he was not hungry. Being much disoriented, he went to check his phone for the time, and he was so shocked when he saw the number of notifications he has: 79 messages and 116 missed calls (112 from Chanyeol and 4 from Tao). He groaned at the thought of relating the story from his friends, but as if they heard him thinking, his phone light up once more as Chanyeol was calling him again. Thinking that it was probably for the best, Luhan answered the call.

“WHAT THE HELL, LUHAN?!” Luhan had to put his phone a foot away from his ear to prevent himself from going deaf.

“I’m sorry, I…” Luhan answered when he felt it was safe for his hearing once again, but he was cut off by Chanyeol.

“Hold on, dude. I’ll just add Tao to the conversation.” Luhan heard him fumbling around with his phone to make a conference call, and a few seconds later, Tao came into the conversation as well.

“Did Luhan finally answer?” Tao said. “Is he still alive?”

“What did you two think happened to me?!” Luhan gasped at the other line.

“Can you blame us?!” Chanyeol answered. “You promised… PROMISED us that you’d call and tell us every specific detail when you’re done with your confession, but you didn’t call at all! And you’re not answering either! What do you expect us to think?”

“In my defense,” Tao interjected. “I only called you when Chanyeol starts calling me in panic because you’re not answering.”

“Anyway…” Chanyeol said pressingly. “What happened to you?

“I just fell asleep…” Luhan rolled his eyes, but his voice full of amusement.

“YOU FELL ASLEEP?!!!” Luhan almost dropped his phone. “YOU FELL ASLEEP WITHOUT CALLING US?!”

“Calm down, Chanyeol!” Tao shouted as well. “So going back to Luhan, what happened with Sehun? Did it go well?”

Uhm, not exactly…” Luhan trailed off. He was debating with himself if he should recount the most embarrassing moment of his life.

“Oh my God.” Tao gasped dramatically. “You got shot down, didn’t you?”

“Oh no!” Chanyeol said sympathetically. “I’m so sorry, Luhan!”

“Guys…” Luhan squeezed his eyes shot. These two are so quick in making conclusions really. “It’s not that!”

Oh my God!” Tao gasped yet again. “He accepted you!”

Chanyeol meanwhile… Well, it seemed like he was squealing from the other line, and by the noise he was making, it sounded like he was jumping up and down.

“He’s your boyfriend!” Chanyeol cheered. “I knew it! I knew it! But Luhan, are you ready for a long distance relationship? Don’t worry we’re here to support you.”

“Guys…” Luhan tried to intervene.

“It’s okay, Luhan.” Tao interrupted. “You don’t have to say anything. Do you want me to bring you cake tomorrow? What flavor do you want?”

“Wait, no…”

“But Tao!” Chanyeol said suddenly. “Of course he can’t! Luhan’s supposed to be at the airport, right?”

“Oh yeah!” Tao agreed. “Hmm, should I bring cakes for everyone then? I wonder if I have enough ingredients back here…”

“Okay, this is enough!” Luhan shouted at the two. It seems to be the only thing to make the other two shut up. “Sehun is NOT my boyfriend, okay?!”

It took a few seconds before the other two responded.

“What?” Chanyeol started. “Why didn’t you say so?”

Luhan had to roll his eyes. “I just did! If you two would just listen for a bit!”

“So what did happen?” Tao asked. “If he didn’t reject you, and he is not your boyfriend... What? Did he not say anything?”

“Uhh, more like it didn’t go according to my plan….”

And Luhan proceeded to tell his friends the story. This time, Chanyeol and Tao listened carefully. The story did not take long to tell, but the silence of his two friends afterwards had been the longest since Luhan had ever met them.

 

“So let me get this straight” Tao said from the other line. “You just left him standing there in the restroom?”

“Uhm, pretty much.” Hearing the story from another person, Luhan feels more stupid. “Yeah”

“Oh man, that’s really bad.” Chanyeol said on the other line as well.

“I know!” Luhan wailed. He knows his two friends would understand. “I know! I’m so pathetic! Getting caught before confessing, then leaving him without explaining…! Oh my God! What is Sehun gonna think of me now?!”

“Calm down, Luhan.” Tao tried to console him. “Maybe he didn’t hear you?”

Yeah!” Chanyeol agreed. “Maybe that’s why he asked what you said.”

Luhan whimpered. “I hope so, but still… I made a pathetic mess of myself in front of him. Way to make a first and last impression on him.”

Tao sighed from the other line. “It’s okay, Luhan… If he heard you, well, at least he finally knows… But if not, well…things would work out pretty soon.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry Luhan,” Chanyeol said sadly. “Do you want us to come over now?”

“No, it’s okay,” Luhan smiled. “I’m okay… I guess I’ll just sleep it off… God knows, one day this will just be another funny story that the three of us are gonna laugh about in the future.”

“Luhan…” Tao said with his voice full of concern. “We all know that for you, Sehun is not just another story, that he will not just be another funny story. If you need to talk just call us, okay?”

“Yes!” Chanyeol almost shouted. “Our phone lines are open to you anytime, anywhere! We’ll answer on the first ring, so cheer up, okay?”

“I know,” Luhan felt his heart warming up. “I know. Thanks guys.”

 

Even though he was still feeling sad about the earlier events, Luhan slept with his heart feeling lighter than it did a few hours ago.

 


 

The next morning, Luhan was woken up by some gentle knockings on the door.

“Luhan, honey…?” It was his mother.

“Yes, mom?” Luhan answered groggily. He opened his eyes, and found that the sun was shining so brightly outside. The first thing he checked was the time: a little past ten in the morning. He sighed sadly. From what he learned the past few days (Surprisingly, the news came from Baekhyun courtesy of Chanyeol), Sehun’s flight was right about now.

He should’ve gone already. Luhan thought miserably.

“Luhan?” His mother called again. “It’s a bit late already. Do you want to eat breakfast? You did not eat dinner last night. Are you okay? Are you sick?”

“No, mom.” Luhan answered. “Don’t worry. I’ll be going down in a bit…”

“Okay.” His mother said. “And maybe after you eat, you can help your father and your brother downstairs? There are still a lot of things to do! You know it’s a busy day today! Make yourself presentable, okay?”

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, but he thought it’s best not to argue anymore. “Okay, mom…”

He heard his mom’s footsteps going downstairs. He got up after that, and after taking a quick shower, he decided to finally go out of his room.

The problem is, when he stepped out, he bumped and tripped into a group of boxes on the hallway, which caused some of the contents inside to spill out. He heard some hurried footsteps going up the stairs.

“What the hell, Luhan?!” His older brother, Joonmyun eyed him loudly. “I spent hours on those! Clean those up!”

“Wha…?” Luhan looked at his brother in confusion. This time, he finally saw the hallway properly, and that’s when he realized that it was more cramped. There were a number of boxes around, and some other stuff that Luhan is pretty sure was stored in the extra bedroom (The one across from his which his father fondly called it the ‘guestroom’) in the house.

Luhan finally got up from the floor and asked his brother in pure confusion. “Why are these boxes outside? Are we going to have a rummage sale?”

Joonmyun looked at Luhan in amusement. “You’re kidding right? Now, hurry up and bring these boxes downstairs! We don’t want to have these things around here when he arrives.” Joonmyun proceeded downstairs quickly.

“When who arrives?” Luhan called to his brother, but it’s too late. Joonmyun is already gone.

With much confusion in his system, Luhan started bringing the boxes downstairs. He had no idea what he was doing, but his father seemed to be transferring them to the shed at the backyard. Speaking of his father, he seemed to be in a very good mood today and he was whistling happily as he worked. Luhan is even quite sure that his hair was combed properly today. When he proceeded to eat breakfast meanwhile, he was shocked by the amount of food that his mom was cooking today for lunch. Luhan thinks it was safe to conclude that they were gonna have a feast. Another weird thing is that her mom fussed over his clothes, and told him to wear something properly. He was begrudgingly told that he must make a good first impression as she had always taught him. While he dragged himself upstairs, he saw his brother straightening the creases of his shirt carefully in front of the mirror.

Luhan knew something was up. He went upstairs quickly to change into more “mom-approved” clothes. Just when he was about to ambush his brother to inquire about the weird events around the house, he went face to face with the room across from his. Eaten away by his curiosity, he opened the bedroom door. To his utmost astonishment, he felt like he opened the door to another dimension. The once crowded “storage room” was turned into a bedroom, fully furnished and all (His mom must have done all the magic.) Everything made sense now; a visitor must be coming to stay with them. Luhan was just about to start examining the room when he heard his father calling.

“He’s here! I can see the cab!”

“Oh no!” His mother called from the kitchen. “I’m still cooking!”

“Luhan? Where’s Luhan?” His father called. “Luhan?! Come downstairs!”

“Family!” His father shouted. “He’s here!”

Luhan was just going down the stairs, half-walking and half-running.

“Who’s here?!” Luhan called out. “Who’s here?!!”

Luhan nearly tumbled as he ran to the front door.

“Hurry up, Luhan!” Joonmyun said. “Help out with Sehun’s luggage!”

Luhan did a double take and sputtered a bit.

 

Did he hear it right?

No…

NO!

He’s going crazy.

He’s starting to hear Sehun’s name in the most random moments.

 

Wait.

 

Oh my God.

 

Is that…?

 

Oh my God.

 

He’s gone insane.

He’s FINALLY gone insane.

 

Right there, standing with luggage in his hands…

There.

Walking as if the light illuminated his every steps.

 

Oh Sehun is entering their house.

 

 

 

 

“Luhan!” Luhan snapped back to the present as his father called him from the outside. “There’s still some bags back here! Go get them!”

“Oh, okay!” His voice in a higher tone than usual. He was still finding this a bit unbelievable. His heart was beating so fast, that he was pretty sure if he stayed a little longer, Sehun would be hearing it. He decided to just obey his father and made his way outside.

 

“It’s alright, I can get them.”

 

Luhan’s heart skipped a bit. He was pretty sure Sehun was addressing him, but he kept walking to the awaiting cab outside. He was looking down as he walked mechanically, because he was pretty sure that he was blushing furiously. He also put his hands on both his pockets, because they’re both shaking at the moment.

 


 

 

Hope you like it~ I'm trying to finish the whole thing... So I think I'll post Chapter Three tomorrow?

 

Night everyone!