Chapter Twelve

Not So Cliché After All

“Okay guys, say kimchi!!”

“Kimchi!!”

Luhan’s smiled radiantly as he heard the camera click.

 

Finally, it is graduation day, and the seniors with their families are all rushing out the school’s auditorium to celebrate. Luhan, meanwhile, was accompanied with his parents, his brother, and his “brother-in-law” (as he was instructed these past few weeks.). Since Sehun’s parents were both not able to come for the ceremony, Luhan’s parents doubled their effort in preparing for this said day. His dad even bought a new suit, while his mom paid a stylist to set her up. If this was before, Luhan would have felt embarrassed for this over-the-top effort of his parents, but he’s just too delighted by their plans that he just shrugged it off easily.

Since both Luhan and Sehun were both granted with scholarships, they’re both assured with slots for the university. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are going to the same university as well (Chanyeol applied for it when he found out that Baekhyun was going to apply there). As for Tao and Minseok, both were accepted to study in the best culinary school in the country. All in all, everything is going well.

As for between Luhan and Sehun, things are fine too. Luhan learned to adapt with the pace that Sehun is going, and he was quite surprised that he was satisfied with it. At least, he knows that he still has a chance to be with Sehun. What Luhan found out is that Sehun is quite lost when it comes to anything romantic. However, what he appreciates the most is that Sehun tries really hard to understand everything in it. Usually, he gets pointers from Tao and Minseok.

 

“Hey, Lu?” Tao asked holding his phone. “Can you take a picture of Min-Min and I?”

“Sure!” Luhan said as he focused the camera at the couple. “Ready? 1… 2…”  As Luhan clicked the camera, Tao lifted Minseok by the waist, which caused the smaller one to yelp in surprise.

“You !” Minseok was laughing as he tried to hit Tao, but the taller one is holding on too tight that he could not move properly. “I’m sure I looked ugly at that photo.”

“No you’re not” Tao kissed his cheeks. “You’re perfect.”

“Awww, you guys are too precious!” Luhan said as he returned the phone back to Tao.

“Of course we are,” Tao said as he looked at the picture. “Why would you think otherwise?”

“Oh, I don’t know…” Chanyeol joined in the conversation after taking a selca of himself. “Maybe it’s because until a few months back, the two of you are going to drown each other in cake batter every time you see each other.”

Tao rolled his eyes. “Oh shut it, Friendzone Boy.”

“Luhan!” Chanyeol called reproachfully to a laughing Luhan. “Tao is mean.”

“Hey!” Baekhyun suddenly came from… well, somewhere… (Baekhyun really likes to run around everywhere) and snatched Chanyeol’s phone. “Chanyeollie, no fair! Why did you take a selca without me?!”

Luhan patted Chanyeol’s shoulder as he gave his friend a small push. “Hey, maybe you’re not friendzoned at all?”

Chanyeol laughed happily as he and Baekhyun ran off somewhere to do their selca. Luhan meanwhile smiled to himself as he watched his friends spend their last moments in high school.

“You look happy…” a voice came from behind.

Luhan turned his head and his smile became wider. “Of course, I am. I feel happy.”

“So high school’s finally done, huh?” Sehun said as he steps beside Luhan.

“Yeah, finally.” Luhan sighed.

“I’m really glad that I knew you before it ended.” Sehun said as he looked far away. “I wonder what would have happened if you didn’t confess to me.”

Luhan chuckled despite the pink shade on his cheeks. “Honestly, I originally planned on confessing to you after graduation.”

“Oh,” Sehun smiled sheepishly, “I see.”

“Luhannie!!” Baekhyun ran to him all of a sudden followed by a laughing Chanyeol. “Do you want to take a picture with me too?”

“Stop it, Baek.” Sehun pulled Luhan towards him. “Take our picture instead.”

Baekhyun turned to do a quick whisper to Luhan. “Sehunnie’s possessive!”

As Baekhyun stepped back to take their picture, Luhan felt Sehun put an arm around his waist so that there won’t be any space between them. He was blushing as he smiled towards the camera, and as their picture was taken; he couldn’t help but to wonder what he did in his previous life to be this lucky.

 

Luhan jumped to his bed as he felt exhaustion take over him. This day, even though it was really fun, was really tiring. Luhan rolled on his bed while searching for his favorite plushie. He absentmindedly stared at the wall as the recent events flashed before his eyes. All of a sudden, he suddenly shot up from the bed and went to his study table. There, he picks up an unopened envelope which he got from the mail a few days ago. He literally waited for the mailman to pass their front door for days, so that his parents won’t found out what he’s up to.

His phone suddenly rang, and Luhan scrambled around to search for it. When he finally fished it from his bag, his eyebrows furrowed when he saw the caller ID.

“Sehun?” He said when he answered the phone.

“Hey…” Sehun’s voice came from the other line.

“Why are you calling?” Luhan asked with a barely contained smile. “Your room is across from mine.”

“Oh, uhm…” Sehun stuttered from the other line. “I… I don’t really know how to do this without making a fool of myself in front of you. I guess I kinda am by doing this too, huh?”

Luhan laughed. “Well... Anyway, what’s up?”

“Can we meet later at midnight? Let’s go to the firefly field.”

 

Even though he’s already wearing a jacket, Luhan shivered a little as he and Sehun walked in the deserted street. He kept a hand on his pocket, holding a certain envelope, while his other… well, his other hand is being held by Sehun’s right now. There are already a number of fireflies out when they arrived at the deserted field, and it was beautiful as always. When they finally, settled down, the two of them faced each other.

“There’s something I have to tell you…” They said in unison.

“You go first” They said at the same time again.

“No, you.” Again.

Luhan put a hand on Sehun’s mouth. “You first.” Sehun nodded.

Sehun took a deep breath. “Okay, uhm, okay… So I would’ve asked this to you back at home, but Minseok and Tao told me that it was a bit unromantic. They told me to bring you somewhere quiet, so the firefly field is the only place that I thought would be perfect. And now, I think I’m mumbling and saying unnecessary things…” He took a deep breath before speaking again. “I guess I just want to ask you if you want to go with me this Saturday at the amusement park… Remember, that one time, when we’re walking at the park and there’s this poster and…”

“Sehun, are you asking me to go on a date with you?” Luhan smiled in amusement.

Sehun blinked a few times. “…Yes. So, is it okay with you?”

“Of course I’ll go!” Luhan said happily.

Sehun smiled in relief. “Oh God. I thought you’re gonna say no. Anyway, what are you going to tell me?”

“Oh right.” Luhan pulled the envelope from his pocket and gave it to Sehun. “Here”

“Is this a love letter?” Sehun asked with an eyebrow raised.

Luhan laughed. “No, much better.”

Sehun opened the envelope carefully and unfolded the paper. He had only started reading the first part when he looked up in surprise at a smiling Luhan. “This is…?”

Luhan nodded. “Yeah…”

“Oh my God.” Sehun said as he continued reading. “How did you get them to do this?”

“Well,” Luhan recounted how many times he tried (and failed) on getting the number of Sehun’s parents from his phone. “Since I know how you really felt bad about your dad and mom not going to our graduation, I called them to try to convince them to come, but their schedules don’t really give them enough time to go back here. But they really wanted to come, so they asked me to give you that letter. Your mom said that you hate hearing those saying sentimental things to you, because you think it’s cheesy… So, there… That’s your parents’ feelings written there, so appreciate it!”

Sehun stared at Luhan for God knows how long, before pulling him into an embrace.

“You’re really amazing, Luhan.” Sehun whispered.

 


 

Okay! Second to the last chapter! Just finishing up the ending right now~ Hoping to post it if not a bit later, then tomorrow~ (There's also a teeny-tiny epilogue after that, so there...)

See you guys! Thanks for the comments and subs! You guys are too nice! <33