Chapter 6

Second (First) Chance

Here goes... 2nd update of today ^^ Hope you guys like this story :D

-------

Chapter 6

You had never seen so many cameras in your entire life. It’s been a week since Youngjae introduced you as his girlfriend to the fandom. And since that day everything went from kind of crazy to insane. But you didn’t complain much about him since he was being real nice to you. But you didn’t even know what could happen, and everything you did would affect you, so you just went with it. For one thing, your group did get the so needed promotion. But it saddened you as well that it was getting the attention for the wrong reasons. You knew the group had enough talent to be recognized without having to declare to the fans that you were dating one of the beloved B.A.P boys. But it was something you asked to endure; you knew it wasn’t easy, but you had an important reason… protect Zelo.

You wondered what he was thinking and how he was feeling. You wanted to talk to him so much, but you were in the middle of practices for upcoming performances so phones were strictly out of the question. The CEO finally agreed on letting you have some free time, but little did you know that the free time he had given you were an interview.

“An interview? What for?”

“It’s good to keep this relationship on the public eye. If they don’t see a lot of you both together they will wonder what happened with you two, and they can even think you broke up. We can’t let that happen. Right Youngjae?”

Youngjae smiled at the CEO and nodded:

“Aniyo, not after all this, we can’t let that happen ______. Don’t worry it will be alright, I’m going to be right next to you Jagi.”He answered.

“If you think that can make me feel better… You’re so wrong boy.” –You thought as you rolled your eyes.

You had to agree to the interview… You had no choice, if you’d say no to it, it could get suspicious. But you decided to remain yourself during the interview. They wanted to know the real you, oh you’d show them the real you.

“Everyone’s been talking about you two! You two look so adorable together!” –The MC exclaimed in a tone that after a while it got annoying to you.

But you maintained your “smile” as you looked at her. Youngjae was sitting next to you laughing as well and blushing.

“Kamsahamnida!” –Youngjae said; you just bowed in silence.

“So… we’re curious! You are part of a very famous group, and she’s new in the kpop world! The group… What are they called…” -She paused as she went through her index cards, as you tried to keep the best smile you could, but all you wanted to do was slap her.

She finally found it, and she continued: “STAR!… “Byeol”… They are the newbies in the kpop industry, so please everyone wants to know! Why did you fell for each other? I mean, I’ve seen the pictures and the videos of you two together, and I can totally tell you are really in love with each other. The way you look at each other is just too cute to handle!” –She said as some fantaken pictures of you and Youngjae appeared on the big screen behind you and the audience.

Maintain your act ______. You kept telling to yourself. You both bowed in thanks as he chuckled embarrassed by her words. You looked at Youngjae and he looked at you as he then patted your thigh.

“_______, tell us! What attracted you about him? I mean he’s handsome and all, but other than that there must’ve been something else that drives you crazy about him.”

“Drives me crazy? Oh… yes… he is driving me crazy... You have no idea!” You thought to yourself as you smirked.

You looked at her and giggled and you said:

“Well there are many things I noticed of him other than just his looks. And there are a couple of things that drive me insane about him.” –You emphasized when you said insane.

The audience laughed and so did the MC, you looked at Youngjae smiling, and you could see the worry in his eyes though he kept a grin.

“First off, he’s a smarty pants. I mean I get he’s smart! No doubt, but he’s always talking in terms I don’t even get. I can’t even understand half the things he says, sometimes I just have to stop him and say… ‘Please repeat that, but make sure you say it in Korean this time…’ Oh also! Since he’s so smart, he thinks he’s always right… Even with his bandmates. And don’t you ever dare interrupt him or shut down his plans… Just sayin! –You say sarcastically in the last sentence but still smiling, though you were serious about this, you managed to make it seem as if you were joking. As for Youngjae he covered his face with his hand as he laughed. You were driving him crazy now, and he was just hoping you’d shut up. Oh, but you weren’t done.

“Second, he’s so obnoxious! You have no idea how obnoxious he is! You don’t know how many times I just want to slap him to shut up. Because, boy does he talks! He’s like a nonstop blabber machine! To him there’s no such thing as taking a breath between words or at least a pause between paragraphs…”

You paused still laughing; you were seriously amused and proud of yourself. But then you continued, you had to keep your “love” act after all.

“But at the end of the day, I’ve survived. I mean… I’m here breathing and living right now, aren’t I? I guess it takes a little time to manage all this… And here we are!”

Everyone started to laugh; the MC couldn’t contain her chuckles. She continued:

“Youngjae your girlfriend is so funny! I bet you never get bored with her right?”

He looked at you and you gave him an eye smile and looked forward to the MC.

“Never… I have never got tired of her. No matter how long I had to wait to be with her like this today.”

You heard that, you heard it clearly. Your face instantly went serious and the audience went silent, the MC as well. He took your hand and put it over his thigh, and intertwined his fingers on yours.

“So Youngjae? How did you fell for her? You still haven’t told us!” –The MC asked resting her head on her hand.

“Yes, I haven’t. I shall tell you now.” –He held your hand even more.

“It was quite interesting, considering she was only a trainee. But she’s really talented; she’s always been since she got here. The first thing I noticed about her were her eyes, I mean, look at them they are beautiful.” –He said as he lifted your chin to face him. –“It took me a while until I finally had the courage to talk to her. I was a little scared at first but then slowly she made me feel comfortable around her. I realized that we had so much in common, it became an addiction talking to her, and I couldn’t get enough. That’s when I believed that this was more than just liking someone, I had fallen for her.

He leaned to you and pecked you in the cheek. You had listened carefully to each of his words. It was true that you had met him in your trainee years, and yes you’d talk to him. But you he was just your friend. You felt a strange feeling in the top of your stomach as he looked at your eyes.

You had forgotten about the audience, about the MC and anyone who was watching.

“Awweee! Just look at the way they look at each other!” –The MC said as you both starred at each other.

You shook your head and snapped out of it instantly. You looked at the MC and tried to control your heartbeat that was now rising.

-----------------

The B.A.P members watched the program attentively as they laughed at the way you expressed yourself about Youngjae. But everyone then leaned forward and shut up as they heard the seriousness of their band mate’s declaration.

Junhong bit his lip furiously when he saw the little actions between the two of you, he took deep breaths as he was about to get up, Daehyun spoke to the others:

“I really can’t believe this…”

“We are as speechless as well hyung.” –Yongguk said.

“I mean, he’s my best friend and I didn’t even know they were seeing each other. I thought he had gotten over her already. He hadn’t mentioned her since their debut…” –Daehyun said as he took some popcorn.

“Their debut?” –Jongup asked.

“Ne, he really liked her back then. And he thought she liked him, but…” –Daehyun answered honestly.

Junhong interrupted:

“But?” –He said impulsively.

Daehyun looked at Zelo who leaned towards him and continued:

“She suddenly stopped talking to him right before her debut; he said she had played with his feelings…”

Zelo’s breath became unsteady, and he thought… Has she been lying to me all along?

------

Quite long eh? :) Still more to come...