Chapter 22

Second (First) Chance

Hey! Update! :D

I am determined... Yes! Determined to finish this story! :) I had lost inspiration *just a little* to finish it. But I want to. I hope you guys like how the story is developing. *Yes is important for me what you guys think because I don't write for myself*. So yeah... Enjoy!

Thanks so so so so soo much for supporting by subscribing even if you don't comment lol (:


Chapter 22

Three intense months in Korea passed after your leave. It became one of the most searched trends back home. Not because you left, but because of what happened after the announcement was made. Many fans attacked you even more, saying you left the company because of the breakup; some even dared say that you cheated on Youngjae. You were amazed on how much people could fantasize and make up stories about their idols. Not to mention the amount of fanfics that they wrote about you. But you decided to brush them off, they no longer possessed control of your life.

You concentrated now in your studies. Music was still your passion, and no amount of gossip or news about you would take that away from you. You were now studying for music composing. And you discovered talents that you already had, but due to the excessive and unnecessary dance practices you had no time to develop. It was not difficult for you to get good grades in the little time you were there, and you had a knack for it.

“Another great job _____! Once again I’m impressed!” –Your professor said as he handed you the corrected assignment.

You took and looked at the grade marked in red ink. Your eyes shined at the new grade you gained.

“Thank you Sensei! It means a lot!” –You bowed. (A/N: I searched for professor in Japanese, and that’s what it said. I wasn’t sure though xD)

It really felt nice to be appreciated, considering that back in Korea the closest you got to praising from your superior was when he read comments on your “relationship”, only because it meant more people would know about your group, and by extension about his company.

Yet, brining those memories back meant remembering Youngjae. Looking back at the moments you got to spend with him, they seem so quick. But you missed him nonetheless, and he still was present in both your mind and heart.

You remembered how he taught you how it felt to be in love with someone, when he brought up every single detail he managed to catch about you, his smile that brightened any room. Missing him was inevitable.

It was amazing how someone could make you fall so easily so fast. Or was it that there were feelings I wasn’t aware of in my past? Either way he’s going to be a tough one to forget…

You sat down in what you baptized as your “favorite spot” in your new college. You loved sitting here after classes; since they ended up quite late it was already dark and fresh. You always brought a small lamp to keep you company. It wasn’t that far away from the building so it wasn’t a scary place for you to be alone. There, right there is where your best songs for assignments were born. But sometimes you just came here to let your feelings out through a paper sheet, pen and a guitar.

You opened your notebook in the page you’ve been working on for several weeks. You place your guitar, your loyal companion, on your lap. You look down at your paper and back at the beautiful scenery that faced you, and begin to strum the guitar. Then letting your voice flow in the most natural way.

My love is like a red rose
It may be beautiful now
But my sharp thorns will hurt you
My love is like a red rose
Yes, I may be fragrant
But the closer you get, the more I’ll hurt you

Don’t look at me with that light glance
Don’t speak of love easily
If you want my heart, you need to take my pain too
Because you will be pricked by my thorns someday

Don’t trust me too much
You don’t know me that well yet
So just run away run away
I said ooh ooh ooh
Don’t love me
You don’t know me that well yet
I said run away just run away
Don’t come to me

(A/N: It's Lee Hi's song Rose. I thought it was perfect for this story, there's a reason I used it though *wiggles eyebrows*)

You stopped strumming and woke up from the daze you were into, when a tear fell and smeared the black ink in your notebook. You dry your tears with the back of your hand. You mumble quietly giving a small chuckle and sniffling:

“It still needs a little more work.”

 

From behind someone clapped and said:

“That was perfect in my opinion…!”

 

You turn around quickly.

 

“Seungri…?”

 

He grinned and walked towards you.

 “Hey! You know who I am…”

 

You chuckle as he sits next to you.

 

Eh… Of course I do… You’re from Big Bang. Do you not know how famous you are?”

 

He looked up as if he was thinking.

“Yeah… You’re right. I also know who you are.”

 

You gulped knowing that the only reason people knew who you were was because of the events from the previous months.

 

“You’re ______... From that group from TS… STAR. Am I right?”

 

You smiled honestly; it was the first time recognized you for your name in a long time.

“Yeah!” –You looked down.

 

“You know I’m impressed, you are a really great songwriter.”

 

You put the guitar back in its case.

 

“Thanks! By the way, what are you doing here, especially here of all places.”

 

He picked up some of the papers, you by instinct took them making him chuckle again.

 

“Well, I am filming here for a drama and the photo shoot was in one of the classrooms up there. Since there are many people at day, they decided to make the photo shoot later. We finished pretty fast. I was passing by when I heard music playing and found you. And I’m actually glad I did…”

 

You stare at him trying to decode what he meant.

 

“What…? I mean, why are you?” –You scrunched your eyebrows.

 

“Well… You are not working with any company are you?”

 

You nodded.

 

“I can get you an opportunity you won’t be able to get anywhere else…”

 

Explain…”

 

“I can totally recommend you to work with us! You have the voice, and you compose and write your own music. Papa YG never says no to a good songwriter, I can assure you.”

 

You stood up and held your hands in front of you.

 

“Wait, wait… Wait… Just stop it a second right there. What makes you think I want to go back to Korea. There’s a reason why I’m here, if anyone found out that I was working for YG that… Honestly I don’t want to imagine how that would be.”

 

Seungri stood up; he looked down on you with a serious expression.

 

“____. I’m going to give you an advice for your own good. You can’t hide from your problems; I know being this your first situation like that it’s hard for you. Trust me; I know what it feels like to be attacked by the paparazzi and fans. But you shouldn’t let them control you. It’s up to you if you want to take the advice or not, but I’m talking from experience.”

 

You sighed. You thought you had taken control of your life by moving here, but you were afraid of what they would do if you came back. You did want to improve, but you also wanted to avoid all the drama. Even if you decided to go back, still you weren’t ready to face them, that’s for sure.

 

“I know what you mean… But I’m still not ready to do that. I need more time. I want to improve, and show my best side to everyone if I go back, and I don’t think it’s time yet.”

 

He smiled at you.

“Don’t you worry about that yet… There’s always a way.”

 

He smirked at you and patted your head as if he had something else in mind. He took out his phone and dialed:

 

“Yoboseo?”

“Do you have time now? There’s someone I’d like you to meet…”


In case anyone wonders why i used Seungri. Well... One of the reasons is that he's always doing promotions in Japan so I thought he most likely to be there ^^ And he knows about music composing so yea... He's going to be in other of the following chapters :D (ps. he's my bias in Big Bang) :D