Chapter 21

Second (First) Chance

Double update! I'm trying to write this story as much as I can. But when I get the best ideas, I have no where to write them down! That's why I've been lacking lately ):

Anywho... Enjoy! :) As I said in the other chapter... Stick around!


Chapter 21

Youngjae took a deep breath of courage before he walked to the office. He knew something was terribly wrong with this sudden news.

Flashback after the press conference~

“Sohee please tell me this is not true…” –Youngjae pleaded.

Sohee had teary eyes and nodded her head trying to hold her tears.

“I talked to her yesterday… She didn’t say anything but she was crying when she came to pick up her things.”

“Do you think she really quit?”

“I really don’t know Youngjae… For one thing she asked me not to talk to the CEO on her behalf. Even if she quit or not… I think she knew she was leaving.”

End Flashback~

He knocked and the deep voice from inside told him to enter.

“I was expecting you anytime soon Youngjae…”

“You were?”

“Of course! But one thing I assure you _____’s dismissal is not because of you…”

“I didn’t come to ask if her leaving is because of me or not. I just need to know. Did she really quit on her own?”

“If she hadn’t quit, I wouldn’t have said that in the announcement…”

“I don’t believe you sir… She loved what she was doing so much to actually quit.”

“Youngjae why are you still clinging on to this girl? All she’s done is bringing trouble to everyone including you, and you still care if she quit or not…! She’s brought you down and you don’t even see it!”

“She hasn’t brought me down…”

“Youngjae… I tell you this because I care for your future. You are a bright kid, but you have a flaw. Your heart is weak. You can’t let someone take control over your life like that. She decided to leave, she’s probably going to live her life somewhere else, and here you are spending valuable time defending her…! You’ve been lacking since this whole dating scam began… I’ve never regretted anything more in my life making a decision of accepting you both as a ‘couple’.”

Youngjae felt furious, and the CEO could see it. He walked over to him and placed his hand on his shoulder.

“Youngjae… I know you care for her; I can see you really like her… But I’ll be honest with you. Even if she hadn’t quit, she had to leave... She wasn’t meant to be an idol. She might sing good, but she wasn’t that great of a dancer, the group can even get even further without her. She even dated a minor when she was an adult without even thinking of the consequences... Even she knew she wasn’t meant to be here, that’s why she asked to leave. She came here yesterday… If she’s willing to leave all this behind, why shouldn’t you Youngjae? You have a bright future ahead of you; don’t let it go to waste over someone who never took you seriously in the first place. She used you, and you know it. You deserve someone better. Just try to forget about her, it’ll be for your own good…”

---

Before the press conference at your apartment.

Your apartment was filled with boxes and bags. You were expecting to leave later in the afternoon. You kept thinking about what had happened the day before and as you kept putting things inside the boxes tears strolled down your cheek and you dried them. Not the CEO not anyone is going to stop me from doing what I love…

After you had left the company the day before you got messages from different people in the company saying that the CEO had announced a press conference about STAR’s comeback. You turned your TV near the accorded time, and continued to place things in boxes and seal them. Your eyes drifted to the TV screen when you saw some familiar faces. You sat down in your bed and looked intently to the image of your superior in the screen. The camera had zoomed into your team members; you smiled remembering the good times you had since you started training and when you debuted. They all had smile in their faces… Of course their comeback was approaching, you’d be happy too.

Then the camera zoomed to the other groups… You looked at B.A.P members… Yongguk the leader that seemed so cold and intimidating but was so sweet and his adorable gummy smile… Zelo making a cute heart, you remembered your first boyfriend, with him you learned what being in love really meant, he became a great friend, you felt bad that you didn’t tell him you weren’t leaving. Himchan winking at the camera, that boy whose smile made every girl melt, but in reality was a dork. Daehyun… He did love to eat, you would often see him with food stuffed in his mouth, and you smiled a little at the memory. And Jongup… he was always smiling, such a cutie! And lastly… The camera fell on that boy who managed to steal your heart… That boy who knew every single detail about you… That boy you had hurt… But you couldn’t let that get a hold of you because you had hurt him twice… You looked at his face, he was smirking… You smiled as your heart beat rise at that image in your screen. He has such a beautiful smile… I’m going to miss you so much; I wish I had spent more time with you…

You sat through every single word your ex-CEO had to say. You smiled when you heard about STAR’s debut in 4 months. You were truly happy for them. You turned up the volume…

“The second announcement might disappoint the fans… But let me clarify something first… As CEO I care about the members of this family…”

Lie

“Therefore, if a member takes a decision regarding their position in the company, I shall meet their demands. Now… one of our recent members and STAR’s member ______ has decided to leave the company.”

Lie…

“Before we answer any questions let me clarify something else. ______ has decided to leave the company due to personal reasons and we ask to please respect her privacy. We all shall support her in anything she decides to do in the future.”

LIE...

When he made eye contact with the camera, and put his hand in a fist in front of his face…

“______... Fighting!”

I HATE YOU…

You turned off the TV. So that’s the kind of person I was working for. Someone who only worries about his image, and lies just to make himself look better… You’re the only reason I’m happy to leave this place.

You sealed the box and put the recipient address… Headed to Japan

---

You boarded the plane and starred at the window outside taking a last glance at this place where your dreams began and discontinued. I made mistakes… But I learned from them. I won’t hurt anyone anymore… Sorry Youngjae-ah. You waited this long for me to respond to your feelings, but all I’ve done is hurt you. Not the first or second chance worked between us… Mianhe

I hope you find someone who’s able to be true to you since the beginning… Goodbye…


Don't leave this does not end here! :)

The next chapter will be about how it went with her in Japan... I'll be doing time lapsing to not bore with details. So yea...!