"Just because."

No Matter How Much It Hurts

- M i n j u n g -

When we decided to leave the beach, Aron pulled me away from Yoonji and Hyunsoo for a bit and asked if I was still interested in performing at the open mic night at the cafe where he worked at. I was hesitant at first to answer because I didn't really have a song in mind to perform, however, I agreed anyways. I guessed I could just find a random song. Aron gave one of his big smiles, and nodded his head. 

Performing for me was pretty easy. But when it comes to the descion of the song, then...it's not so easy for me. By the end of the day, I had finally chosen a song. I went ahead and chose a song I knew well. ;D I sang through it a couple times, and viola~ I'm all set. 

-   day of performance   - 

It was a fairly good day today, so I decided to walk to the cafe with my guitar strapped onto my back. And as I entered the cafe, I breathed in the lovely warm scent of coffee. However, the best thing wasn't the scent of the coffee, but the sight of Aron. 

I smiled to myself, and went and found my signature seat by the corner. I guess no one likes corners anymore, because no one ever sits here but me. I took off my guitar strap, and set my guitar down.

Taking a seat, I relaxed and engolfed myself with the familier smells and sounds of the cafe. The clanging of the dishes, and the quiet conversations going on all kind of put me at ease. It was not until long that I felt a familar presense as well. 

"Hello miss, what can I get for you today?" Aron cutely asked. 

I gave him a weird look, and laughed a bit before I answered, "Hello to you too, haha. And erm...a vanilla latte with extra cream. Oh! And a slice of coffee cake." Aron smiled, and wrote it down on his notepad. 

"Okay~ I'll be right back with your order then." Aron then walked back to the kitchen. And when he came back, he was holding a tray with my cake and latte. 

"Thanks," I said. 

"Yup! No problem," he replied, and took a seat accross from me. "So, are you nervous? For the performance I mean." 

"Hmm..not really. I mean, I love the atmosphere of this place, and it just makes me feel comfortable. So I think I'll do really well. And plus, it's a small audience. ;D" I told him.

"I'm glad then," he smiled. Aron then pulled out his phone, and checked for the time. "Oh, hold on. I'll be right back." he smiled again, and walk torwards the small mini stage at the cafe. He tapped the mic twice and cleared his throat before speaking. "Good evening guys. How are you all enjoying your coffee?" He playfully asked. Getting good feeback, he replied, "That's good. Well, anyways. Right now, we will be starting our open mic night performances. Just a little info before we start though. This can be with poetry, music, or even a little comedy skit. So, I  would hope that you all will join us in our next open mic nights. If you're interested, there will be sign up sheets by the counter. Thanks," he smiled. "Now, our very first performer is a really good friend of mine." My eyes widened. Oh no..I see where this is going-- "Her name is Park Minjung. Let's all give her a warm welcome." Aron smiled, and walked off stage and torwards me. 

"W-what! I didn't know I was going first," I half panicked. 

"Mianhae, I should have mentioned that to you earlier," Aron laughed. 

"PFFT. You think?" I laughed as well. "Aish, chincha..oh well," I sighed. I then got out my guitar and walked torwards the stage. I tapped the mic twice, and spoke. "Uh..hi. Now..I didn't know I was going first so..I apologize for the awkwardness." I half glared at Aron. He only laughed. "This song is called One Autumn. Now, I know it's not autumn, but I just really liked the feel of this song, so I hope you all enjoy. 

Click: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwmeDzwVeKs (pretend the other intruments aren't there. //OTL Just acoustic guitar.) 

 

- A r o n - 

When I saw her, my heart automatically began to race. She wasn't just some girl that walked in; she was the girl that walked in. It was just something about her that made me want to always be next to her. And when she began to sing, it, for some reason, made me really happy. I couldn't help but smile.

The song was more of the sad side, but it sounded nice. It made me wonder what has happened to her to make her be able to perform with such emotion. Was she just naturally talented that way? Or was it something else? 

From the times I've seen her sing, or do anything with music, I've noticed she has a habit of closing her eyes. When she sang, she did indeed close her eyes, and it made me smile and close my eyes as well. The most important thing about when performing is not how you look, but how you make the audience feel. I can honestly, really say that Minjung captivated me.

When she opened her eyes again, I opened mine as well. At this, we suddenly locked eyes with each other. It was honestly hard to look away--no, I didn't want to look away. I gave her a big smile and gave her two thumbs up. She smiled back, and wrapped up the song she had been singing. When she had finished, she said into the mic, "Thank you," and got up from the stool. The audience seemed to really enjoy her performance and gave her lots of good feedback. She quickly scurried back to the table. 

"Wahh! Minjung ah! You did really well," I told her. "It was really awesome." I smiled. At this, Minjung looked to the ground. 

"Thanks," she said quietly. 

"I thought you said you weren't nervous earlier. How come you're blushing so much right now?" I laughed. 

"J-just because.." she said quietly again and took a sip of her latte. 

"Haha, okay," I smiled. "Oh, look. The next person singing is a co-worker of mine. For both the cafe, and Pledis." 

"I know her..she gave me my coffee once before," Minjung said as she saw her. "I think her name was...Ka..Kahi..yeah! Kahi-unnie. She was the one that gave me the coffee you made for me. The one with the cat smiley face." I was surprised that she even remembered the  coffee. 

"Mhm," I replied. "She's also a performer for my company. She used to be the leader of a group called After School, but now she's a soloist." Minjung nodded and "oooh"ed. As she did so, Kahi spoke into the mic. 

"Hello everyone.I'll be singing a song of mine, called One Love. I hope you guys enjoy," she smiled and took a seat on the piano bench. 

Click: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKholaJdX0

Just as she began to play, Minjung whispered, "Wahh. She's really pretty." I nodded in agreement, but wanted to tell her that she was even prettier. As Kahi began to sing, Minjung added, "She also has such a beautiful voice..wahh, I'm envious." Her eyes sparkled in admiration at Kahi. I smiled at how into the performance she was. 

To be honest, the reason why I had Minjung go first was because I wanted to spend the time watching the performances with her. And afterwards, I would be off work, and then I could walk her home like usual. And as the performances were coming to a close, I went to the bathroom and changed out of my work clothes. When I came back, Minjung was still staring in awe at the performers. "Enjoying the performances?" I laughed as I sat back down. 

"Yes! They're all so awesome," she enthusiastically replied. "Time just flew by. Seriously. I don't want this to be the last performance." 

"I know how you feel," I agreed as we sat in silence; enjoying the last performance. And when the performance was done, Minjung got up and fixed her guitar in his case, and strapped it to her back. As she did this, one of the performers walked past her and she quickly said, "Great job! I really enjoyed your performance." The girl smiled, and replied back, "Thank you! I really enjoyed yours as well." At this, she seemed to get a bit embarassed, and thanked the girl. 

As we got out the doors of the cafe, the cool air softly touched our warm bodies. Minjung suddenly asked, "How come you didn't perform tonight?" I looked at her and smiled. 

"Just because," I stuffed my hands in my pockets.

"Aw man. But I love your performances. They have so much...I don't know how to explain it. I just really like it when you perform," she smiled. 

"Really? I'll sing next time then," I laughed. "Speaking about performances. Yours was really great today. However, it was a rather sad sounding song." 

"Thanks," she softly laughed. "And sad? Yeah..I know. I tend to put too much emotions into my songs I sing." 

"It's a good thing that you do that! Believe me, it's better than having no emotions at all," I assured her. "And I was wondering. Are you just naturally talented at portraying your emotions through music? Because, I'm really envious of that." 

"Naturally? No no. _ _|| I used to be really bad at expressing myself, but after a bad breakup, I had to learn some new coping skills, and I guess this was one of them," she replied. 

"Breakup?" I asked; curious. 

"Eh..I don't like talking about it-- No. I just hate thinking of him," she said in a bitter tone. It kind of relieved me that it sounded as if she were over the break up. 

"Then..think about me instead," I smiled and took hold of her freezing hands. 

"U-um..o-okay.." She softly said. Awah, so cute. "B-by the way! I was wonder also of how you can express so much emotion when on stage. Sometimes..you seem really..lonely." 

"Haha, lonely? I guess you could say that," I sort of laughed. "Well my parents--" I suddenly stopped at mid sentence; a bit hesitant to continue. 

"What about your parents?" she asked. I wasn't planning on telling her about them..I was afraid of what she'd think... 

"I-" 

"It's okay if you don't want to say it," she smiled. "I don't need to know if you don't want me to know-" 

"-No. I'll tell you," I began to say. Hesitant at first, I said, "When I was young..I think around 13? My parents died, and it took a major toll on me. It was hard for me to cope with things, and that's when I met Yoonji. She used to visit the park with her mom and one day she saw me and saw that I was crying," I laughed. "She tried cheering me up, but it was no use. But since then, we've been friends. She's like a little sister that I've never had. But anyways, I had to try and find someway to cope with this, and that's when I discovered the guitar. And since then, I've been creating music. It has really helped me. So I tend to be more of the expressive side when it comes to music." I answered, and looked at Minjung. At this point, she was quiet. "Minjung ah?" I asked, but she was still silent. I sighed, "Mianhae, I shouldn't have told you that all at onc-" She stopped walking, and stood in front of me.

"No, you shouldn't be sorry," she said. She then took a step forward and gave me a long, tight hug. Surprised by this, I didn't know what to do. "I'm sorry for asking," she added. At this, my body relaxed, and I hugged her back. 

"Don't be sorry. It's all okay now. I'm not hurt anywhere am I?" I told her. I rested my chin on her tiny head and hugged her tighter.

"It's not okay. You are hurt. You're still hurt here," she rested her index finger on the side of my chest where my heart was. "It's a pain that will never go away. So it's not okay," her voice was quiet as she said this. And as she said these words, my body tensed. She was right. Pretending the pain wasn't there doesn't make it disappear.

Relaxing my muscles, I pulled her slightly away so I could see her face. "Thanks Minjung. You're the first person to ever tell me something like this," I told her. As I looked closer at her face, I saw that she was crying. I softened by voice and said, "Hey now..Minjung ah. Don't cry. I should be the one crying right now, not you. Remember what I said at the cafe once? 'Don't cry..because I'm here.'" I lifted her chin up, and wiped her tears with my thumbs. "And hey..thanks for being here with me. It really does help," I smiled softly at her. When she smiled too, something triggered in me. I couldn't hold back any longer. On it's own, my head move closer to Minjungs. 

And without knowing it, I kissed her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: WHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. WHAT. KISS? KHDOIUHSIODHFWHD 

LOL What'd you guys think of this chapter? What about the kiss? O_O I'm sorry if the kiss seemed kind of..sudden. LOL I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF. IT JUST SEEMED TO BE THE RIGHT TIMING. //FLIPSDESK. So yeah. AND OH. Because school is starting for me again, I probably won't be able to update that much. _ _|| I'LL TRY THOUGH. :D so yes. 
Tell me your thoughts and comment, subscribe, and upvote maybe? ;D 

LOL Have you guys heard of Aron's radio show thing on twitter? HE KEEPS GETTING SUSPENDED ON TWITTER BECAUSE HE KEEPS TRYING TO FOLLOW ALL OF HIS FOLLOWERS BACK AT THE SAME TIME. I MEAN. TELL ME THAT IS NOT CUTE. IFHODHS 
Follow him at www.twitter.com/aronmusicaccess 

 

Anywayyss, I don't have many spam photos right now..so...HEYY RANDOM PHOTOS. YEY. 

tumblr_mktqzvlpjt1rd8zjco1_500.jpg

AWAHH. THE MEMORIES. <3 

tumblr_mkta460wGX1s3x5a5o1_500.gif

He looks so young here. 

tumblr_mkstepu9ZZ1qi0hcho1_500.png

ofihdsofhds 

tumblr_mkrr8bDUGl1qjy72go3_500.png

tumblr_mkrr8bDUGl1qjy72go2_500.png

tumblr_mkrr8bDUGl1qjy72go1_500.png

Okay. Bye. ;D I lav you all. ♥

tumblr_mkq7rcvh651s3p0nho8_250.jpg