Someone Close

No Matter How Much It Hurts

- Y o o n j i - 

Stuffing my pencils and sketchbook into my bag I got up to leave. However, as I made my way out of the door, I heard someone call my name; a mans' voice. Turning around, I saw Baro. "Oh, Sunwoo ah. What's up?"

"Mianhae," He scratched the back of his head. "I know you're just about to leave, but can we talk..privately for a second?"

Sunwoo, or better known as Baro, is an art classmate of mine. We're actually pretty good friends, but the fact that he wanted to talk to me..privately was a bit strange. Why would he want to talk to me? Tilting my head a little, I looked into the classroom. Just by one little peek, I could tell all the the remaining girls left in the room were glaring at me. Oh my god. These Baro fangirls. "Uh, sure. What about?"

With this reply, he smiled super big and said, "Let's talk somewhere quieter. Follow me~" He took my hand and led me the way. o.O|| Erm.

He ended up taking me to one of the old un-used art rooms. Walking around, I found old artworks that must have been left behind from past students. Brushing of the thin layor of dust from one painting, I slightly gasped at how amazing it was. The color contrast was just very vibrant and warming. "Whoooaa. Take a look at this Sunwoo." Showing him the painting, I spoke again. "Ancient beautiful piece of art. Wow..esihsofh. Maybe we should take this and show the profess-" 

"-Yoonji. I wanted to talk to you about something really important," Sunwoo cut me off. 

Setting the painting down, I said, "Okay. So tell me. You have my full undivided attention. Shoot for it." 

"Why don't you take a seat?" he pulled out two chairs. One for him and one for me. Taking the seat I nodded my head and gestured for him to continue. "Truthfully Yoonji..You're really talented. You are by far the best artist I know. You're the best in the class! We're friends right? But..I kind of want to change that. You're always so fun and smiling. I really enjoy having classes with you.." he paused for a second. I didn't like where this was going. I squirmed in my seat and kept listening. "I really like you Yoonji. I've liked you for a while now. And I was hoping if you liked me back you could be my gir-" 

"-I'm sorry," I suddenly bursted out. "I don't like you that way. Please understand.."

"..but.." Sunwoo looked to the ground. 

"I'm sorry, I.." I began to say, but stopped myself before I could say it.

"Let me guess. You like someone else huh," he looked up at me and said in a quiet tone. 

My lips slowly parted from the surprise. Unable to look at Sunwoo in the eye, I looked to the ground and gave a small nod. I couldn't bring myself to speak. 

"It couldn't possibly be Hyu-"

"-ANNIYO! Of course not!" I suddenly shot up from my seat.

"Haha, okay," Sunwoo gave a small laugh and got up from his seat. He put a hand on my shoulder and smiled, "I guess I'll be leaving first. Sorry for the trouble." He grabbed his bag and stuffed his hands in his pockets while leaving the room. Letting out a breath, I sat on the seat again and sat there for a good half hour. What just happened. Oh my god..

After a while of thinking, I finally got up and left on my way home. While walking, I saw a tall figure carrying a camera in its' case and a bag. He was wearing a white collared shirt and a simple gray cardigan that hugged his broad shoulders just right. 

T1MQYSXXRlXXX8K16a_120724.jpg   

Smiling, I knew exactly who it was. "Yah! Hyunsoo ah!"

 

- H y u n s o o - 

Raising my head, I looked to where I heard my name. And there she was, the cheerful Yoonji, always smiling cheekingly. As she waved wildly, she walked to where I was and said, "What's up?" 

"Eh. Nothing much. Just finished another photoshoot and heading home. You?" I replied, giving a small smile. Lately I just haven't been in the mood to smile. I sighed.

"Just finished classes and heading home as well," Yoonji smiled a little. I could tell she didn't really feel like smiling either. "Hm..y'know what Hyunsoo. I don't really feel like going home right now." She made a weird face then took me by the sleeve and dragged me with her.

"Whoa! What if I want to go home?" I shouted in half confusion. "And where exactly are we going??"

"Oh please. From your sighs and weird smiles today, I can tell you don't want to go home either," Yoonji said bluntly. "And where else? To get ice cream of course."

"P-pshh. What are you talking about," I said and continued to let her drag me. Yoonji just told me to shut up and kept walking. From behind her, I smiled. I actually really appreciated this.

Once we had gotten our ice cream, we decided to sit outside on the bench. As we took a seat, I took and stuffed a spoon full of my cookies&cream ice cream into my mouth, as Yoonji stuffed her rainbow sherbert into hers. We ate in silence for a while until I spoke up. "So..something happen?"

"S-something? Ah, noooo. Just a hard at class today. I guess I wasn't focused enough," Yoonji lamely said. I could tell she was lying, but I just nodded as if understanding. I didn't want her to force herself to tell me something she didn't want to say. "What about you? Something happen?" She asked back.

I didn't know what to reply. Should I tell her my feelings for Minjung? Or what happened the night before? Or..what? Instead, I just stupidly asked, "Did...did you know about Aron and Minjung?" 

Looking at Yoonji's face, I could see her facial expression automatically soften. She stopped eating and set her ice cream down; something Yoonji rarely ever did. "Hyunsoo ah.." she began but bit her lip. "I know you've liked her for a long time now. But.." she trailed off. 

"You...you knew?" my eyes widened. 

"Psh," she nudged me with her shoulder. "Of course! From the first time all three of us met, I could tell right away that you liked her. You knew so much about her and you literally always smiled around her. You still do that now even, haha."

"Is it that easy to tell?" I asked, desperate to know. "Does..does she know?"

"Hmm..nahh. You hide it pretty well. I'm just naturally good at reading people," she smiled like a dork. "And no, she doesn't know. Don't worry."

Sighing, I took another bite of my ice cream. "Don't tell her okay? I know you two tell each other everything, but..please. Just keep this a secret. Think of it as a favor."

"Hmm. Depends. Will it benefit her in any way if I DON'T tell her?" Yoonji questioned.

"Truthfully, yes," I resbonded. "I know she really likes Aron, and I know Aron really likes her. I trust Aron. And I Don't want to ruin their relationship just because..because of me."

Yoonji didn't resbond for a long time. She just sat there. Neither eating her ice cream or talking. Nudging her with my elbow, I spoke, "Yoonji?"

Still staring off into space, she said finally, "Fine. Just remember, you owe me one." And with that, she took her ice cream again, and stuffed her face with it. Just like Yoonji. But..something didn't feel right. She was..too quiet.

"Yoonji-" "Hyunsoo-" We both spoke at the same time. Looking at her, I said, "You go first."

She took a deep breath and held her cup of ice cream in her hands. "Truthfully. It wasn't just a hard day of classes today. Psh, class isn't hard for me," she softly laughed. "Someone told me they liked me."

Blinking, I resbonded, "Don't you get those all the time?"

"Yeah," she laughed fakely. "Honestly, a lot of guys have asked me out." She gave a sort of sad smile and looked at her ice cream. "But I always end up rejecting them."

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"I like someone else."

"Who is this someone if I may ask," I said as I put a hand on her shoulder for comfort.

Once again, she paused for a long time. Not speaking, and letting her ice cream slowly melt. Looking at her hands, I saw them tighten around her cup.

"He's someone so close, he doesn't even realize it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: Oh. My. Gosh. First things first! I ACTUALLY UPDATED PRETTY FAST! YAY. I actually really like this update. Kind of short, but it gives more depth to both side characters Yoonji and Hyunsoo. I really enjoyed writing this update because I've never written a chapter with Yoonji's point of view. I didn't want Yoonji to just be the awesome happy go lucky best friend of the main character y'know? So I played with her character a little, and I'm sure you guys will have a really great time reading about her as well. Same goes with Hyunsoo. As you can see, the drama is starting to escalate and I'm actually really excited to finally be able to write about the main point of this story. I hope you guys stay tuned and keep supporting! I love you guys! 
Comment, Subscribe, and Upvote maybe? ♥

I don't really have any photos to spam but here are pictures from JRON Day! ENJOY!

Mah bbies Aron and Ren.
tumblr_mp45zqJCM61r0jy7ro1_500.png 

JR mah bby bias. ♥

tumblr_mp442bCiwC1rm5dr7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mp442bCiwC1rm5dr7o8_500.jpg

Aron Bby Bias Ruiner. ♥
tumblr_mp44p3SIv21srzpd6o6_250.jpg   tumblr_mp44p3SIv21srzpd6o4_500.jpg

tumblr_mp43ad2DqP1rrjxvqo2_500.jpg

Bby Ren. ♥

tumblr_mp44rrvmCm1srzpd6o2_500.jpg

tumblr_mp44rrvmCm1srzpd6o1_500.jpg

Baekho Bby. ♥

tumblr_mp43ad2DqP1rrjxvqo9_500.jpg

tumblr_mp45717uVL1srzpd6o2_250.jpg

Bby Minhyun. ♥

tumblr_mp43ad2DqP1rrjxvqo5_500.jpg

tumblr_mp45717uVL1srzpd6o3_250.jpg

JRON DAY BBY. ♥

tumblr_mp43ad2DqP1rrjxvqo6_500.jpg

tumblr_mp4501EdEP1srzpd6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mp4501EdEP1srzpd6o2_500.jpg

tumblr_mp4501EdEP1srzpd6o3_500.jpg

OKAY. THAT'S ALL. LOL
SEE YOU GUYS LATER. ♥ UNTIL NEXT TIME.
(Seventeen members. Left: Mingming. Right: Jisoo)  

(Yeah. I don't own these photos. CREDITS TO OWNERS. ♥)