I'm Afraid

No Matter How Much It Hurts

- A u t h o r

It was another lazy Saturday afternoon. Sitting out on the front porch, Minjung was typing away on her laptop. Besides her sat a half asleep Aron who had a book lazzily placed atop his face. 

“Yah, Aron,” Minjung looked up from her laptop suddenly. Her eyes met Aron's sleepy eyes. 

“Hm?” he closed his book and straightened his posture. 

“I'm bored,” she shut her laptop. "Should we go we go somewhere? We haven't been to the cafe in a while.”

“Sure,” he smiled warmly. 

“Okay!” Minjung smiled widly. “Hold on I'll right back!" Grabbing her laptop she quickly ran inside and changed from her lazy home clothes to a pair of neat black skinny jeans. She also threw on a simple cardigan over her plaid shirt. Strapping on her guitar securely to her back, she ran out while stumbling to slip into her sneakers. “Whew! Done.”

“Psh, we're just going to the cafe. You looked perfectly fine before,” Aron teased.

“Yah! It's still a public place so I at least gotta look decent,” Minjung explained. "Let's stop by your house so you can change as well, hm?" 

"Nahhh, I'm fine with this," Aron laughed. He had on a plain white t-shirt and a pair of sweats on. Minjung glared at Aron and punched his arm. Laughing once again, he rubbed him arm. "Alright alright! I'll change!" Taking her hand, Aron and Minjung walked to his apartment. 

Minjung sat in Aron's living room couch waiting for him to finish changing. His home consisted of mainly black and white colors. It was very simple. Aron didn't have many photos put up, nor any art. Considering Aron's colorful and creative self, Minjung wondered why his home was so plain. She let out a breath. Maybe he just likes it this way. 

"Minjung ah~" Aron sang stupidly. Getting her attention, Minjung looked up to see Aron exit his room. "Tadaaaaaaaaaa~~" Aron wore almost the exact same thing Minjung wore. He had on black skinny jeans and a cardigan over a plaid shirt. He also had on his sneakers. The only difference was that he decided to throw in a fancy bow-tie. 

Minjung gave him a long look before she spoke. "...Really?" She laughed. 

"Really!" Aron said proudly. "I think we look cute." 

"You're more of the girl in this relationship then I am. What even-" 

"-Let's go," Aron took Minjung's hand and led her out the door. On the way out, Aron asked, "By the way, are you planning on playing tonight?" He gestered to the guitar. 

"Hm? Uhh...something like that--cause' y'know, we always play when we go there, so I thought why not," Minjung answered. 

"Well you should have told me to grab mine too! Wait here, let me grab it quick," Aron then proceeded to run all the way back up the stairs . In no time he came back with his guitar strapped to his back like Minjungs. Swiftly grabbing her hand once again, they continued on their way to the cafe. 

- M i n j u n g

Oh god, I hope I wasn't too obvious. 

 

- A u t h o r -  

Before they both even entered the cafe, strands of silly string flew at Aron and confetti exploded all over. Along with that, people shouted "WELCOME BACK ARON!" 

Aron had been out of the hospital for about a week. He's visited the Pledis building once and greeted his pledis family. The only person he's really seen often was Minjung and the Nu'est members. Even then, the other Nu'est members were busy with their own personal schedules along with the new comeback practices. There was never time for a 'welcome back' party for Aron. 

Minjung, taking initiative to her own hands, helped plan out the party for Aron. She called the Nu'est members to see when they were open and if the other pledis family members were open as well. Minjung of course also invited Yoonji and Hyunsoo. Knowing Aron, he didn't need many people there. He would only need the people dear to him. Surprisingly however, the whole Pledis family was able to make it. The After School girls were there, including Kahi, Son Dam Bi, Hello Venus, and even the Seventeen boys. 

Genuinly surprised, Aron looked up to see the other Nu'est boys with silly string cans in their hands. His eyes were full of question until Jr tilted his head towards Minjung. Turning to her, Aron spoke "what is this?" his eyes were watery, obviously touched. 

Minjung laughed and lifted her hands to remove some of the string on Arons head. "You look ridiculous right now." Randomly and suddenly, Aron pulled her in for a long embrace. The others whooped and hollared for the sweet couple. 

"Y-yah," Minjung warned. With that, Aron only held her tighter. Giving in, Minjung held him back and said quietly, "Welcome back, Kwak Aron." 

 

Minjung sat on her corner of the cafe with a cup of warm coffee. In front of her sat Yoonji, and besides Yoonji sat Hyunsoo. As for Aron, he was off and about with Nu'est. 

"How do you feel?" Yoonji asked at random as she took a sip from her latte. "I'm sorry I never told you about Aron's condition. I wanted him to tell you himself." 

"Hm?" Minjung paused before she could answer. Also taking a sip from her coffee, she smiled ever so lightly. "I'm scared." 

"Minjung-" Yoonji began. Her brows furrowed and she set her drink down. 

"-Even so, it doesn't discourage me from wanting to be with him. I understand why you never told me. So it's okay. I'm sure he was going to tell me soon, but...this happened." Minjung let out a big sigh. 

Besides Yoonji, Hyunsoo's jaw tightened. It was difficult for him to hear all of this. He cared for and respected Aron a lot as a friend, however the pain Hyunsoo felt couldn't be helped. Even so, Hyunsoo gave a warm smile and softened his brows. "But he's here now and okay right?" He couldn't even hold her hand to help comfort her. Even then, his smiles continued. "Right now is now. You're strong Minjung. Don't be fearful. You can do this, I know you can," holding his hand in a fist, he chuckled, "Fighting!" 

"Hyunsoo-ah..thank you so much," Minjung smiled. She held Hyunsoo hand on top of the table to show her grattitude. 

"I know," Hyungsoo forced a smile. Pushing Minjung's hand back, he got up. "Whew, I need some fresh air. I'll be right back." 

"Hyunso-" 

"-I'll go to him," Yoonji spoke. The whole time Hyunsoo was speaking, she could see the tightness in his jaw. She could see how every word he spoke felt like he was throwing daggers at himself. No matter how sincere his words were, it hurt him to say. Yoonji knew this feeling well. All too well. 

Getting up from her seat as well, Yoonji followed Hyunsoo out the door. Minjung watched them leave quietly. She knew it was difficult for Hyunsoo. She didn't want it to be this way either, however she knew that there was nothing she could do for him. Minjung wondered how long Hyunsoo has felt this way. His feelings were never able to show through in Minjung's oblivious eyes. 

Just then, Aron swiftly came over and sat on the chair in front of Minjung. Raising out a hand, he introduced himself, "Anyeonghasaeyho, Aron imnida. And you are..?" 

Laughing at the idiot, Minjung held out her hand to Aron as well and shook, "Minjung. Nice to meet you sir." 

Aron smiled with extra charm and took her hand and held it with both his hands. "I don't know about you, but it feels like I've known you for forever now," he looked into Mingjungs eyes as he spoke with extra sap. 

Almost insinctivly, Minjung pulled her hand away and smacked Aron in the arm. "Shut up!" Minjung laughed. "You sound like a complete and total creep!" Hugging herself, she cringed at Aron's sappy words. 

"What! I thought girls like that sort of stuff!" Aron rubbed his arm. "Okay," he smiled and took hold of Minjung's hands again. Feeling Aron's eyes on her, Minjung looked up to see Aron's gaze full of tenderness directed to her. Awkward and not knowing what to do, Minjung rose her eyebrows as in to question Aron. Leaning forward, he held Minjung's hands with both of his. Pulling her hands to his lips, he kissed them and whispered only loud enough for Minjung to hear, "Thank you." 

Smiling at Aron's simple thanks, she took one hand to hold Arons. There were no other words that needed to be shared between the two. By looking into each other's eyes, it told all the truth they wanted to say. The appreciation and love between the two were more than enough. This simple love and appreciation was all they needed in order to be with each other now, looking into one anothers eyes. 

 

- A r o n - 

The more I think about it, I have absolutely no regreats coming to Korea to pursue my dreams. I may have had to leave my friends back in the states, but here in Korea, I formed a family. It's kind of amazing really. And here, I found her. I can confidently say it's love, not just some young short lived love, but something that will go on for a while, maybe even forever. A love that will continue on, even when we both aren't there to live it anymore. Haha, am I what they call, blinded by love? Well, I guess I am. Everything about her. Everything. It's all perfection in the most imperfect ways, and that alone makes me love her more and more as the days go by. Her smile makes the whole world shine and her laugh brings back all the warmth missing from home. Her blazing eyes are true and sincere. Her alone is enough to fill my world with the wildest of adventures and the warmest of love ever. 


"What are you thinking of?" Minjung asked out of the blue. Sqeezing her hand and looking into her eyes, I smiled. 
"I'm just thinking of how happy I am right now." 
"I'm happy too," she smiled that simplistic wide smile that always filled my heart with a million butterflies. Shortly after, someone had approached the mic on the stage. 

"Ahem, test, test," the man, whom I recognized as the owner of the cafe, "Today we have a special treat. One of our lovely regulars will be singing a song for you all today." The man glanced at our direction and nodded his head. I gave Minjung a confused look but she only smiled and got up with her guitar. 

Taking a seat on the stool on stage and her guitar resting on her lap as she held the neck of the guitar, she adjusted the mic. Smiling intently at the crowd of people in the audience she spoke, "Before I start, I just want to thank everyone who was able to make it tonight. No matter how stupid and idiotic he can be, his charms really do rub off on people," everyone laughed, "We're all glad he's back, and that's all that really matters today." She smiled softly at my direction as she finished speaking with a "Welcome home Kwak Aron." She then began plucking the chords on her guitar. 

Listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sYVZNBaKW0

Surprisingly, she began to sing an English version of Exo's Peterpan. It was a rendition I had never heard before. The best thing about this was that these words came from her lips and were being sung with her whole heart. 

The connection I feel with her is like no other. When we lock eyes during these times, it's like the whole world just stops. It's funny how much of me i've given her, but I know in the end I will never regret this. Her effortless beauty is something no one else I've met possessed. It's a beauty that cannot be applied but something deep within. 

I could feel a soft curl of my lips move in an upwards motion forming a smile. Everytime I look at her, I'm reminded as to why I have to keep going. There's no stopping at this point. I..I can't leave her. 

 

- A u t h o r -
Once the party was over, Minjung and Aron were the last to leave. Minjung was on a stool taking down streamers that were hanging from the ceiling. Feeling a sudden warmth holding her from behind, she automatically knew it was Aron. "What is it?" She put her arms down and rested her hands on Aron's arms that held her. 

"Thank you," he spoke and he nuzzled his cheeks onto the small of Minjung's back. 

Stepping down a step on the stool and turning to Aron so she was eye to eye with him, she took her hands and placed each palm on the sides of Aron's head. "Of course," she flashed her famous smile. "Did you have fun?" 

Instead of offering a smile or a response to her question, Aron only continued to look in Minjung's eyes. It was as if he were taking every moment of her and sealing it in his memories. Her smile now gone and with a voice full of concern she asked, "What's wrong?" Aron not giving a response, Minjung voiced again, "You know you can tell me anything right? What's bothering you?" 

After a long moment, tears fell from Aron's eyes. Although taken aback, Minjung was quick to wipe them with her hands. "Aron-"

"-It's be okay if you decided to leave me. It'd be okay if you walked away with your own feet. As long as you'd still be breathing the same air as me. But..but I'm afraid Minjung. I-I'm afraid I'll be the one to leave you. I'm afraid of you being here all alone. I don't want to go...I don't want to die if that means me having to leave you here alone. Minjung I-"

Shifting her arms, she held Aron close. His cries were like a lonely child's plea. Repeatedly, Aron muttered into Minjung's shoulders, "I'm sorry." In reponse, Minjung replied with a quiet, "It's okay," even though she knew all too well that this is and will never be okay. Resting her cheeks against Aron's shoulders, she cried as well. "I'm not going anywhere...You're not going anywhere...You'll be okay. We'll be okay." Pushing away just enough to see Aron's face, Minjung wiped his tears once again. Placing a gentle kiss on each socket of his eyes, she whisperd, "Let's go home." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: Hey what's up you guys?? I hope you are all doing well. First thing I would like to do is apologize. Oh my god. Okay. I promised I would update faster but it's been literally 3/4 months and. //OTL If you're up for hearing excuses I'll tell you. The month i originally wanted to fully type this chapter, I went to Chicago to see Bap's concert. //OTL So OBVIOUSLY I was like "HA UPDATE??? NAHHH. CONCERT?? YESSS" And then the next couple of months during summer I was just a lazy idiots. I mean I started working but let's be real, I was just lazy. But here's an update right? //otl 

This is definitely yet again, not a very great update. In MY opinion, things jumped around a lot and it was fast paced. But once again, if I wanted to fix that, I'd have to re-write everything and I'm just too..well...lazy. //sigh

Btw, I just want to thank all the wonderious subscribers who have been cheering me on lately. ; u ; I'm trying my best to not be so critical on myself and yes. ; u ; Thank you guys so much for the support, you have no idea how much it really means to me. 

Another note: UHMMMMMMMMMM????????????????????????????????? HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE COMEBACK? JESUS. YOU GUYS. FANGIRL WITH ME. 

I now leave you all, the long await photo spam~

tumblr_n2nk47S9dU1ruydvlo1_500.gif

tumblr_mym0j44PoZ1rpafedo1_500.gif

tumblr_mv69ql5MAn1rpafedo1_500.gif

 

tumblr_mv5d6oi9nd1qhx0jjo5_250.gif

tumblr_mv4n009pYJ1qas3pqo1_500.gif

tumblr_mv4n009pYJ1qas3pqo2_500.gif

tumblr_mpriwyUCZQ1ryb02yo1_r1_500.gif

Okay, that's enough. LOL See you guys! Until next time~ Which is..whenever I feel not lazy. //I'mSorryButI'mAlsoBusyWithAndSchoolWillStartSoonToo

tumblr_mreyanCyqD1qas3pqo2_500.gif