Promise

No Matter How Much It Hurts

- A u t h o r - 

"Joahaeyo," Hyunsoo said in a quiet but firm tone. 

"B-bwoh?" Minjung's eyes widened.

"Minjung. I've always liked you." This time, Hyunsoo spoke with a much firmer tone. He also held Minjung's gaze firmly. 

"Hyunsoo, I-" 

"-Minjung. I know you don't like me back that way. I know I am only just a friend. I can tell how happy you are with Aron. I mean.." Hyunsoo chuckled softly. "..It's just the way you two look at each other, y'know? And I'm happy for you two. I trust that guy a lot actually. I'm happy for your happiness. That's all I can really ask for.." He looked to the ground, and got up from his seat. Walking torwards the front of the stage, he took a seat on the edge, his back facing Minjung. Hyunsoo chuckled before he spoke again. "Sometimes I can't even look at your face straightly," his voice cracked. "'Ah, she's even more beautiful today' I would think every time I saw you. Haha..As long as you were beside me, if was good enough for me." Hyunsoo didn't continue after that. He only sat there in silence, his shoulders slumped. 

Minjung stood there, with still parted from the shock. She didn't know how to resbond. She was at complete lost of words. She had never thought Hyunsoo would have feelings for her. Forcing herself, she asked, "When? When did this..these feelings begin?" 

Hearing what Minjung had just asked, Hyunsoo turned to Minjung's face and gave a big smile, however, his eyes were filled with sadness. "From the first time you smiled at me. From the first time I realized you and I were breathing the same air. From the first time I set my eyes you."

At this, it made Minjung feel as if she were going to be sick. All this time she had been oblivious to his feelings. Her own best friend. All this time she had hurt him. She was disgusted with herself.

"Hyunsoo..I'm sor-"

"I didn't tell you this because I wanted to ruin things with you and Aron. I told you this because I needed to tell you. If I kept this a secret for any longer, I think I would have exploded," he chuckled. "If you want me to be okay, please don't say you're sorry. Don't feel like a bad person, because you're not. You're the most amazing person I will ever know. You really helped me a lot throughout life. You actually got me interested in photography, something I thought I would never get into. Haha. You made me smile again. For every day that I've met you. You, are my hero. So please don't tell me you're sorry. Because you shouldn't be." Standing up, he rested his hands on Minjung's shoulders and looked her in the eyes. "And promise me you'll never let my feeling interfere with your relationship with Aron. Promise me this won't..that this won't..y'know..mess up our friendship." Hyunsoo looked to the ground and let go of her shoulders. At this, Minjung's face softened.

"Hey..look at me," this time Minjung had her hands on Hyunsoo shoulders. "Nothing will ever, ever come between our friendship. I'll always be besides you, and I know you'll always be besides me as well."

After a long pause, Hyunsoo finally smiled wholeheartedly and said, "Thanks Minjung." Walking to the piano again, he spoke, "There's one last thing I need to do," he chuckled. "This is actually a song I wrote for you back when I was still playing the piano. I was going to sing this to you when I confessed. I guess I'll just sing this now. I have to get this off my chest, y'know?" He laughed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AU9KhMMP20 (repeated)

- M i n j u n g

Taking a seat, he rolled his shoulders, and began to play. From the beginning, I could tell this was going to be beautiful. He then closed his eyes. Watching him carefully, I saw him take a deep breath and open his mouth. He began to sing. Surprised, I opened my mouth and gasped. In all the years I've been friends with him, he has never once sang in front of me. I have never known his voice was so beautiful.

I listened closely to the lyrics. I wanted to just cry right then and there. But I knew I had no right to. So I it up, and just smiled as I listened.  

I know how you look like,
I know your voice,
I know your scent
and I know your name.
I know your phone number,
I know where you live,
I can feel your warmth
I know your habits.
Even though I get better knowing about you,
There are lots of things that I still don’t know about you.
I am afraid of myself, worrying,
that maybe I just like everything about  you. 

Hyunsoo has always been there for me. And when I say that, I mean it. Like for when we were younger. At my little choir concerts back in grade school, my parents would never have time to come watch me perform. I would get on the stage and just be upset because everyone else had their parents there but me. However, when I looked into the crowd, I saw Hyunsoo smiling big for me and mouthing the words, "Fighting Minjung ah!" 

Whenever I forgot my book for class, Hyunsoo would also hide his so he would get in trouble with me. Haha, I hated when he did that so much, but it was secretly comforting to me to know that he was willing to get in trouble for/with me. That was when I realized I had a true friend. A friend I would never want to lose.

Once Hyunsoo had finished playing, he sat there on the piano bench in silence. Taking a step forward, I opened my mouth to speak. Before I could though, Hyunsoo got up from his seat and laughed softly.

"I suppose I should be heading home now," he scratched the back of his head and smiled. Gathering his things, he put on his headphones and walked torwards the stage exit.

"W-wait!" I half shouted before hegot all the way down the steps.

"What is it?" Hyunsoo turned around.

"Thanks," I smiled. "And..Saranghae! Truly..thanks for everything."

"Haha, no. I should be thanking you. Thanks Minjung," he smiled.

Walking torwards Hyunsoo, I made him face me. Since he was a couple steps below me already, him and I were in eye level. Giving him a dumb smile, I held out my pinky. 

"You, promise me, that we'll always be friends," I said, as I wigled my eyebrows. As a result, Hyunsoo gave me a weird look.

"Aish, so childish," he laughed. "Alright." Holding out his hand as well, he locked his pinky with mine. Connecting his thumb with mine he smiled, "I promise."      

image  

- H y u n s o o - 

"Saranghae! Truly..thanks for everything," Minjung gave one of her biggest most heart warming smiles. I'd be lying if I said my heart didn't fasten the slightest bit when she told me this and smiled. Sarangehae. I wanted to smile big, and tell her I loved her too. But I knew she only meant it as a friend. She doesn't use the word 'love' a lot when it comes to relationships anyways. At least I've heard her say it to me once. So I'm happy.

Keeping it cool, I smiled back, and told her, "Haha, no. I should be thanking you. Thanks Minjung." 

Giving a wide big smile, Minjung held out her pinky. Since she was on a few steps above me, she was looking me straight in the eyes. I would say she was a scary looking, if not for her wiggling eyebrows.

"You, promise me, that we'll always be friends." 

After teasing her a little, I rose my hand, I locked my pinky with hers and connected our thumbs together. "I promise." 

"Good," Minjung smiled again and took her hand away to take off my headphones. As she did so, she also decided to mess up my hair. D: "Aish, Hyunsoo ah! Stop trying to be cool. I know these headphones aren't even plugged in!" She laughed and handed them back to me. Running off to torwards the front exit where she left her things, she waved and half shouted, "I'm leaving first! I'LL SEE YOU LATER HYUNSOO!~" 

Laughing, I shouted back, "Later!"

Fixing my hair, I smiled to myself. "She really does know me better than anyone else."

Putting my headphones on, I walked out torwards the back exit. This time, actually plugging my headphone cord into my Ipod.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: WHOOP WHOOP. What a chapter man. When I first started typing up this chapter, I thought I was going to have a pretty hard time thinking of what to write, but everything went pretty alright! ;D Which is why I am super glad. I actually personally really liked this chapter. It gave lots of Hyunsoo's thoughts I think. And I don't know. ;D I just really liked this. And I hope you guys enjoyed this as well.
BY THE WAY. CAMPING. WAS. SO. FUN. Omg. JustThoughtI'dUpdateForYouGuysOnThis//OTL BUT YEAH.
Comment, Subscribe, and Upvote maybe? ;D

PHOTO SPAM? I THINK YES.  

Ren needs to stop. ; ~ ; 

tumblr_mppn8okJNJ1ri9ygvo2_500.gif

So does Minhyun. 

tumblr_mpp04d5DWJ1rm958ko2_500.gif

Oh. My. Freaking. God. Jr's arms. //CRIES. (And Aron's haha) 

tumblr_mppfvpBGU91raqaqso1_500.gif

Jr drinking. //CRIES. 

tumblr_mppfqck0ql1raqaqso1_500.gif

LOL AW REN. 

tumblr_mppe6xCGid1raqaqso1_500.gif

D'Aw. Minhyun is so cute. ; u ; 

tumblr_mpp07e3qxI1re41umo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mpp07e3qxI1re41umo4_500.jpg

This. 

tumblr_mpotsutFYW1rsv3ceo1_500.gif

Umph. 

tumblr_mposxrUXN71rhwygvo1_500.jpg

More Minhyun. 

tumblr_mpjan8HMVs1ryb02yo1_250.gif   tumblr_mpjan8HMVs1ryb02yo2_250.gif

tumblr_mpjan8HMVs1ryb02yo3_250.gif   tumblr_mpjan8HMVs1ryb02yo4_250.gif

BAEKHO. YOU. CUTE. MOTHER. FUC- 

tumblr_mplckkXvn71sr0boqo1_250.gif   tumblr_mplckkXvn71sr0boqo2_250.gif

omgwut. 

image

LOL. OKAY. PEACE OUT GUYS. (Wow..a lot of Minhyun today. LOL) 
BYE. ♥

tumblr_mph86cxEwG1rv5qjeo2_250.gif

(I do not own any of these gifs or photos used. Credits to owners. ♥)