"B-bwoh?"

No Matter How Much It Hurts

- M i n j u n g - 

Another two months have just swept by.  Everything has gone quite smoothly..nothing really new. I still go to the cafe often to work on things, and after that, Aron would walk me home like usual. Yoonji's still busy with her classes and fortunately, she's found more time to simply hang out. The only thing that has changed though...was Hyunsoo. I don't know. He still seems like the same person. He's still pursuing photography and..he's just the same as ever. But..something..something just doesn't feel right. He still smiles a lot, but I don't feel the joy from his smiles anymore. It suddenly feels like the first time we met all over again.

For the past two months, I've been contemplating about why he would be this way. I wanted to first confront him about it and investigate..however, it just didn't seem like I should've done that. I didn't think he would've appreciated it that much. ^.^||| However, I'm upset with myself. I'm upset I let this go on for two whole months. I'm hoping I will be able to see Hyunsoo soon so I could talk to him about this matter. 

"Minjung." I suddenly heard from somewhere. 

"W-what?" I looked around and saw my professor at the front of the room staring right at me..along with all the other students. 

"Since you seem to be paying so much attention in class, why don't you come up and demenstrate to the class how these notes are read," he said in a stern tone and gestured for me to come to the front of the room. My palms started to sweat and I didn't know what to do. I may be great with music and all, but when it comes to note reading..oh my god. And I had to go to the front of the room and quench even more into this embarassment? Ugh. I thought this embarassment would end in high school. 

"N-nae," I replied and got up to the front of the room. I probably should have paid attention to the lesson as well..Aish. 

After class, I ended up not leaving right away like usual, and instead went to one of the practice rooms. In every practice room, there was a piano and a stand for music. Today, I just so happened to have my guitar with me (it was for a presentation for one of my music classes.) Now, I play my guitar everyday, but I found that lately, I've only been able to play for 30 minutes or less. D: Catching up on my guitar playing in the practice room, I also decided to make up some new tunes. Getting so into it, I ended up staying for 2 and a half hours! I told myself I would stay for 30 more minutes, and then I would leave. However, in the time of me checking my phone to see how long I've been in the practice room, I heard this beautiful lovely muffled sounding piano playing. It wasn't coming just from another practice room because when I checked, the only used room was mine. Quickly packing my things up, I shut the lights and door of the room and followed the sound. It was coming from the main auditorium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oVK49e2LXs (repeat)

As I kept walking torwards the auditorium, the sound only increased both in sound and beauty. Walking into the room, I set my things down. Looking up to see the pianist, and softly gasped at who it was. It was Hyunsoo. I had totally forgotten he could play piano. But right then and there, wondering whethering he could play piano or not, or even wondering why he was even here in the music wing didn't come to my thoughts. What I thought first of, was how he was playing the song. Hyunsoo used to always play for me whenever I was sad. He would always be able to cheer me up. But it felt like I was seeing a whole different side of Hyunsoo for the very first time in all the years we've been friends. Why? Well because..I've never seen him so..I've never heard him play this way and I've never seen his face looking so..heartbroken. It literally felt like my heart was going to break as well. 

Looking closely at his face, I could tell his eyes were closed and his jaw was tight. Tch..his jaws would always tighten and tense up when he was sad. I didn't even have to look at his face to tell how much emotion he was putting into his song at the moment. His fingers just glided on the keys of the piano, as if effortless.

Slowly, I could see him begin to open his eyes. He only continued to play. Even though his eyes were open, he was just staring off into space. I looked at his long lashes I've always been jeaous of, and his deep brown eyes. Suddenly, a single tear fell from his eyes. He didn't make a move to wipe it away, and continued to play. I've never seen him cry before..he's just always been the one there smiling and picking me up when I fell. Suddenly, I felt like the worst friend in the whole entire world. I don't know why, but I just did. 

As the song ended, Hyunsoo just continued to sit there. His hands were now at his sides. Raising one hand though, he wiped the remaining tears and laughed. He then brushed his hands through his hair and rested his elbows on his knees. He looked as if he would break at any moment.

Walking towards the stage, I called out his name in a gentle tone. "Hyunsoo ah.."

Hyunsoo turned and saw me. Quickly getting up, he spoke, "M-minjung?"

"What are you doing here?" I tried to laugh to lighten up the mood.

"O-oh. I felt like playing piano after what..t-two-three years?" Hyunsoo laughed as well. "I just happened to be by the music wing anyways. I just finished submitting something in to a teacher...er..I liked the piano in the auditorium best. So yeah." We both stood in silence for a good five minutes until he spoke again. "How long have you been here? I mean..listening."  

"A little bit after you began to play...It was lovely by the way."

"Thanks.."

"Hyunsoo ah.."

"Hm?"

"Did something happen? Are you hurt?" I didn't know how else to approach the subject.

Hyunsoo looked to the ground for a bit. When he looked back up, he smiled super wide. "Something happen? Of course not! Haha, I told you, I just wanted to play piano again."

"Tch. Liar," I made a face and stood infront of him. Hyunsoo only laughed and scratched the back of his head.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he gave another one of his big smiles. But oh I knew. I KNEW SOMETHING WASN'T RIGHT.

"Hyunsoo," I said in a firm tone. "Look at me." and when he didn't, I took my hands and placed both of them on both sides of his head. I was about to give him a big lecture about lying, but when I saw his eyes..There was a sense of vulnerbility all of a sudden. Something I've never seen from Hyunsoo. Saying softly, "Tch. Look at this..You're eyes are all red." Taking my sleeve from my cardigan, I wiped the tears he must have not known was there. Sighing, I spoke again. "It's alright. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I understand." I gave him a warm smile, and began to pull my hands away. However, as I did so, Hyunsoo grabbed my hands again and looked into my eyes. "What is it?" I said, confused.

"Joahaeyo," he said in a quiet but firm tone. 

"B-bwoh?"

"Minjung. I've always liked you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: WHOAAAAAAAAAAAA. Uhm. SUPER SORRY FOR THE SUPPEERR SHORT CHAPTER. AND MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES IF THIS SEEMS LIKE IT'S MOVING WAY TOO FAST. This particular piano scene was actually a scene I've always wanted to write for this story, so I'm super happy I finally got to do it! I was actually expecting to write this scene a little later on in the story, however, I just decided to write it now. I'm going camping this week, so yayyyy. e _ e No internet for like..four days. D: yeah. I just really wanted to update for you guys before I leave! Again, sorry for the really short update. Uhm..yeahhh. I really hope you guys enjoyed this update though, anndddddd YAH. LOVE YOU ALL. ♥
Comment, Subscribe, and Upvote maybe? 

SORRY. NO PHOTO SPAM TODAY. D: (But I do have some cute gifs) 

MINHYUN BBY. ♥

9/? gifs of Hwang Minhyun    //

BBY JR. ♥

tumblr_mgxlqj39KH1rpafedo1_500.gif

tumblr_mifd0xIcBg1rrjxvqo1_250.gif   tumblr_mifd0xIcBg1rrjxvqo2_250.gif

tumblr_mifd0xIcBg1rrjxvqo3_250.gif   tumblr_mifd0xIcBg1rrjxvqo4_250.gif

tumblr_mifd0xIcBg1rrjxvqo5_250.gif   tumblr_mifd0xIcBg1rrjxvqo6_250.gif

The Hyung..

tumblr_mnvyuwPjmW1ryb02yo1_250.gif   tumblr_mnvyuwPjmW1ryb02yo9_250.gif   tumblr_mnvyuwPjmW1ryb02yo8_250.gif   tumblr_mnvyuwPjmW1ryb02yo4_250.gif

I should stop. LOL MY COMPUTER IS SLOW ENOUGH AS IT IS. 
WELP. SEE YOU ALL LATER MY BBIES. ♥ (Kim Bum Dat' beautiful bastard.)

tumblr_m8zzl8vEJ41reohl2o1_500.gif

(I do not own any of these gifs used. ♥ Credit to owners.)