Mr. Cook

No Matter How Much It Hurts

- M i n j u n g -  

It was a typical Sunday morning. I woke up, brushed my teeth, took a quick shower, and ate breakfest. Like I said. typical. Afterwards, I got online and checked my blog. Yes. I'm a blogger. A total hipster who wears fake glasses as well. Haa...no. I'm actually just an idiot who likes to blog on her free time and actually wears glasses (except I don't wear them outside of my house). Sometimes I think I have waayy too much free time though.. 

After a while, I got tired of blogging and decided to pour myself a nice cup of warm tea. Picking up my phone, I decided to text Yoonji. I also texted Hyun Soo, but that idiot didn't reply.

//Minjung//: Yoonji! I'm dying from absolute boredom!!! HELP ME. D: 

//Yoonji//: Uh...Good morning to you too..? Haha, what's up? 

//Minjung//: Nothing. And I mean, nothing. You? 

//Yoonji//: for you! My brother of a friend is actually over and is making ice cream. ;D 

...This was weird. Yoonji rarely has people come to her house other than me. She only allows super close friends over. :OO 

//Minjung//: Whooaaa, he knows how to make ice cream? x ^ x 

//Yoongji//: YES. 

//Minjung//: Share? ; ^ ; 

//Yoonji//: NOPE. Haha, just kidding. I'll share if you come over. :D I'll even introduce you to my friend. Mr. Cook. 

//Minjung//: Mr. Cook? and YAY! SOMETHING TO DO. I'll be there soon. :) 

 

I arrived at Yoonji's and knocked on her doors. I was expecting Yoonji to answer, but instead, it was a tall man with brown hair. He smiled, and said, "So you're the famous Minjung! Come in, come in." he gestured for me to enter the house. 

"Famous?" I asked as I walked in. 

"Yup! Famous. Yoonji always tells me about you," the man said with another smile. Before I could reply, Yoonji walked into the room, greeting me with a giant hug, as if we haven't seen each other in forever. 

"MINJUNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG," she nearly screamed. 

"Yeah?" I laughed. 

"Hi," she said casually. We stared at each other for slight second in silence, and bursted out laughing. I don't know why, but we laughed. Suddenly remembering the man that opened the door for me, I looked around and saw him staring at us with an amused expression. 

"Oh, YEAH! Minjung, this is my friend I was telling you about. Y'know, the one who can make ice cream? Yeah. ;D" she told me, then nudged him a little, "Well? Introduce yourself." 

"Annyeonghaseyo," he bowed his head slightly. "Sorry for not introducing myself earlier. I'm Aron Kwak, it's nice to finally meet you." 

"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Park Minjung," I introduced myself back. I then turned to Yoonji and said, "Soo..I heard you talk about me a lot." I gave her a suspicious look. Instead of Yoonji replying though, Aron replied. 

"No worries, she doesn't say anything bad," he said swiftly. "Actually...she doesn't just talk about you, she brags about you now that I think about it."

"Oh really?" I laughed and looked at Yoonji. 

"Well of course! I can't brag about my own best friend?" she pouted. I laughed, and playfully bumped her. 

"It's okay, I brag about you too," I replied. Without trying, my eyes drifted off to Aron again, and he was again looking at us both; amused. "o.o What?" I asked. 

"Oh, nothing, it's just you both are so cute," he replied with smooth charm and smiled. After a few seconds of silence, he got up and went to the kitchen, saying, "I'll go get the ice cream for you guys. It should be done by now." 

"..So apparently you talk to him about me all the time, but how come I've never heard anything about him?" I asked her a bit suspicously again. 

"I never got the chance to tell you about him. I would have if I did though. He just recently got back to Seoul with his band too," Yoonji shrugged. 

"Band?" I inquired. 

"Well, an idol group," she replied. "Ever heard of Nu'est?" 

"No...but that's a pretty..unique name," I said. 

"It stands for New, Establish, Style, and Tempo," Aron suddenly said, walking into the room with the ice cream. I stared at him surprised. *O* His English.. 

"If you're wondering, I'm from the states. Los Angeles, California to be exact. So, yeah, my English is pretty good," he said, as if reading my thoughts. 

"And by, 'pretty good' he means, fluent," Yoonji added. Before I could reply or even react though, Yoonji shoved a spoon full of ice cream into my mouth. "Eat before it all melts." 

"Y-yah!" I started to say after letting the ice cream melt in my mouth, but all the yummy flavors of the ice cream started kicking in. "Whoa! This ice cream is so.. SO AMAZING." I exclaimed. Yoonji smiled, and gave me an 'I told you so' look. 

"Haha, thank you. I'm glad you like it," Aron said. 

Suddenly, Yoonji clapped her hands together, and stated out bluntly, "I just remembered! I have to go do something before my mom gets back." She got up but before she left the room, she stated, "You two. Socialize while I'm gone."

The silence was slighting turning awkward, but as I opened my mouth to say something, Aron had already started to talk. "So, I heard you play the guitar as well?" I was actually quite surprised by this sudden question. o.o And the fact that he said, 'as well' too. 

"I do," I replied, smiling, "you too?" 

"Yup! Are you a lefty or a righty?" He asked. 

"Righty," I answered. We were sitting across from each other, and he held up both of his hands, as if gesturing for me to do the same. I was a bit confused, but I held up my hands anyways. Aron then leaned in a little closer, and placed his palms against mine; our fingers touching. He smiled. I could automatically feel the heat from his palm transfer to mine. 

"Yup, you're a guitarist alright. I'm a righty as well, and we both have calluses on our left fingers," he cutely wiggled his fingers, and pulled them away. I honestly didn't know how to respond to how cute he was. Not only was he cute behavior wise, but image wise as well. He wore a fitted red shirt, and had glasses on. Not knowing what to reply still, I just nodded. Aron then said, "I'm curious, what made you want to play guitar?"

"Hmm.. well, as a child, my father always played guitar, because he was actually in a band when he was younger. I've always kind of idolized his guitar playing and the sound of the guitar. So one day, I finally had the guts to ask him if he would teach me how to play," I explained. I smiled and added, "And I've been playing ever since. What about you?" 

"I'm a bit envious," Aron quietly said. His lips were smiling, but not his eyes. I was about to ask why he was envious, but he added, "I actually started playing guitar because I've always loved the sound of the guitar. It's soothing, and beautiful in all sorts of way, and I wanted to learn how to create such a sound as well." I have to admit, this whole time I'd been talking to Aron, I've been...very impressed. He just seemed so subtle. 

"That's cool, maybe one day we could collaborate on guitar?" I suggested. 

"That'd be fantastic! Do you also sing?" he asked. 

"I do~ This is awesome, we could full out just write a song together," I said. 

"That would be great," he nodded his head. "Give me your number? So we could contact each other about this more later?" He took out his phone, and handed it to me, as I took out my phone and handed it to him. I quickly added my number into his contacts, and handed his phone back to him, as he did the same. Just as we did this, Yoonji came back into the room. 

"OOOHHHH~ Exchanging numbers already?" she smiled super big. 

"I-It's not like that!" I stammered. 

"We were just thinking about maybe writing a song together and collaborating on guitar," Aron swiftly said. 

"Haha, I was just joking. And wow, that sounds pretty cool. Make sure to let me listen to it first when it's finished," Yoonji exclaimed. 

"Of course, Yoonji," Aron laughed. He then looked at his phone, and said, "I have to go soon. I have a schedule with Nu'est." He looked up at me. "It was super nice meeting you. You're very kind, and I hope we'll meet again." 

"Kind? No no, you're the kind one. Thanks for the ice cream, and yup," I said, "See you next time." 

"I'm not kind," he weirdly gave a sad looking smile. He got up from his seat, and slid on his jacket. "I'll see you both later." 

"SEE YOU~" Yoonji energetically said. 

"Later," I waved, as he waved back and left. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Whhooaa, first chapter! What'd you think? *O* Yeah. That's really all I have to say right now. ;o 

Comment? Subscribe? ;D 

tumblr_miqcvwAvv51s4ksceo1_500.png

SEE YOU GUYS LATER ♥

tumblr_miovdyVgiz1s2fu26o2_250.gif